Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weird lag since updating to Windows 10

Comments

• KayleiMarieKayleiMarie Posts: 68 Member
    Sorry, I've been away for a couple of days @starsky2012 @superstarolivia - ill send it through in the morning when I get home! :)
    Origin: KayleiMarie
    Twitter: @kayleimarie
    I'm pretty much just KayleiMarie
  • superstaroliviasuperstarolivia Posts: 5 New Member
    Thank you! @KayleiMarie :)
  • starsky2012starsky2012 Posts: 10 New Member
    > @KayleiMarie said:
    > Sorry, I've been away for a couple of days @starsky2012 @superstarolivia - ill send it through in the morning when I get home! :)

Thank you so much!!!
  • BLACKMAILERBLACKMAILER Posts: 1 New Member
    @KayleiMarie Can you also send me this wonderful link please? I also have this 🐸🐸🐸🐸 lag... :(
  • OlivePixelsOlivePixels Posts: 29 Member
    > @KayleiMarie said:
    > I *think* I may have found a fix for this! It's to do with the Securom installed with the game, I've just gone through the steps and will do a play test in the morning to see if it works and report back!

@KayleiMarie I'd like to try that tutorial as well! Could you send me the link too? Thanks in advance :)
  • zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    Happened to me too :(
  • LaughingBubblesLaughingBubbles Posts: 8 New Member
    > @KayleiMarie said:
    > Sorry, I've been away for a couple of days @starsky2012 @superstarolivia - ill send it through in the morning when I get home! :)
    Can you also send this link to me? I've been having this issue as well and it'd be nice to finally have a way to get it resolved! :)
  • sharris8sharris8 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @KayleiMarie said:
    > I *think* I may have found a fix for this! It's to do with the Securom installed with the game, I've just gone through the steps and will do a play test in the morning to see if it works and report back!

@KayleiMarie I'd like to try that tutorial as well! Could you send me the link too? I'd really appreciate it!
  • zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    Sorry, I've been away for a couple of days @starsky2012 @superstarolivia - ill send it through in the morning when I get home! :)
    Did the securom fix work?
  • CharklyonCharklyon Posts: 2 New Member
    hey I probaly going to sound like an annoying dude asking help in other peoples comments but can't find how to make my own tread sorry for that just new to this forum. So here is my problem: I had the sims for a long time and found the sims deluxe it all my expansions back and i really want to play them. Than i had a problem that while skype runs i can't play it but i fixed it but now i got the problem that after the menu pops up and i choose in which dimensions to play the game just closes someone knows a way to make it work
  • CharklyonCharklyon Posts: 2 New Member

also forgot to mention that i upgraded to windows 10
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @Charklyon
    When playing The Sims, you have to close all background programmes especially anti-virus and the internet and run as administrator.
  • SimmerForverSimmerForver Posts: 3 New Member
    I *think* I may have found a fix for this! It's to do with the Securom installed with the game, I've just gone through the steps and will do a play test in the morning to see if it works and report back!

hey kayleimarie I also have the same problem do you mind sending the link to me?
  • HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    edited July 2016
    I *think* I may have found a fix for this! It's to do with the Securom installed with the game, I've just gone through the steps and will do a play test in the morning to see if it works and report back!

hey kayleimarie I also have the same problem do you mind sending the link to me?

I have this extremely frustrating lag in build/buy mode and I also concluded it had to do with secuROM but for some reason I wasnt able to remove it. Would you mind sending me the link as well, maybe I'll get it right with a different guide..
  • xterno500xterno500 Posts: 2 New Member
    Sorry for the bump, but can you send me the tutorial to delete the securom? im having a really bad performance when i shouldnt

thank you
    Hi guys, I'm really sorry I haven't been checking this feed, I haven't been on in ages. I'll send you all the tutorial when I'm in front of my desktop this evening. Once again, sorry!!
    I've figured out how to do it from my phone so @xterno500, @Hannie, @SimmerForver I will send you the tutorial now xx
    Charklyon wrote: »
    hey I probaly going to sound like an annoying dude asking help in other peoples comments but can't find how to make my own tread sorry for that just new to this forum. So here is my problem: I had the sims for a long time and found the sims deluxe it all my expansions back and i really want to play them. Than i had a problem that while skype runs i can't play it but i fixed it but now i got the problem that after the menu pops up and i choose in which dimensions to play the game just closes someone knows a way to make it work

Hi, are you still having this issue? It sounds more like a software issue than a securom fix but I can send you the tutorial to try if you want to see if that helps?
  • csellnercsellner Posts: 1 New Member

hi, sorry im so late, but can i please get the securom fix link please
  • spy300spy300 Posts: 1 New Member

I just made an account for this. Can I get the securom fix please, or at least what it is about? (removing, updating, etc)

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited November 2016
    never mind someone bumped an old thread
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Anyone who still needs the links let me know and I will send you a PM when I get home.
  • Maat18Maat18 Posts: 53 Member
    Anyone who still needs the links let me know and I will send you a PM when I get home.

If you are still checking this thread, I'd love the links.
  • BBobsBBobs Posts: 1 New Member
    I'd also love the link to the tutorial please :)
  • Jfos217Jfos217 Posts: 1 New Member

Looking for this