Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Not So Happy Play Thread & Neutral , No Bashing just your thought's

BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
edited May 2016 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Here is a place for those of us who are not so happy with the Sims 4 right now, and those who are Neutral, those that are Happy can also post here, as long as they do not try to bash the one's who are not happy with the Sims 4, I figured I would make this Post since the other's only seemed to want to make a Happy Post, We are not here to Bash the Guru's or the company, just thought's about what other's are having trouble with in the game and do not like, thank you.

Comments

• Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    We already have threads in Tech Support and Feedback for this.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I'm not satisfied with the game either because of how limited and kid-friendly it is. It should've been rated E or rated E 10+.

Yup sounds like it, I am not happy bout not having anything that I use for My type of game play, which is Gothic, I am also sad that a lot of things in the game is still missing after almost 2 years, but I am waiting to see if or when, anything that I use will ever be added.
    SiliClone wrote: »
    I'm not so happy with the Sims 4 right now. I was expecting a deeper approach to family relationship, friendly relationship and enemy relationship, for example. Right now the emotions ruins every attempt to have some sort or realism.... for example if you have two Sims in a good mood and you start a fight using means interaction, the happy mood make so your interlocutor keeps smiling after being insulted, and the chat keeps being a friendly talk, this is one of the things that annoys me to no end. The lack of reactions in case of cheating or death, or I must say, the lack of consequences, is another. Once my sim cheated on his wife and she got angry.... and she was just angry not angry at him. She kept insulting their daughter that had done nothing, and this kind of approach is not realistic.

Ya stuff like that should be changed or fixed, cause it takes away from what you are trying to do with the family, yup.
  • CauIiflowerCauIiflower Posts: 86 Member
    I like the Sims 4 but I am also really disappointed.The family tree is still broken... To me, the family aspect of the game is lacking (I know, only 2 expansions out, wait for more content...)
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »
    I'm not so happy with the Sims 4 right now. I was expecting a deeper approach to family relationship, friendly relationship and enemy relationship, for example. Right now the emotions ruins every attempt to have some sort or realism.... for example if you have two Sims in a good mood and you start a fight using means interaction, the happy mood make so your interlocutor keeps smiling after being insulted, and the chat keeps being a friendly talk, this is one of the things that annoys me to no end. The lack of reactions in case of cheating or death, or I must say, the lack of consequences, is another. Once my sim cheated on his wife and she got angry.... and she was just angry not angry at him. She kept insulting their daughter that had done nothing, and this kind of approach is not realistic.

it would be kind of realistic if there would be also the anger directed at the culprit, it would be interesting to play a sim which is confused enough to become angry at the daughter while the husbund is the guilty one, it would be unjust anger then
    but as those sims are now, nothing really matters cause they don't realise what's going on & if they do in their rare moments of clarity so it is soon forgotten, not memorized & as you said, it all has no consequences, so in the end it's same if she is angry at the daughter, the husband or not at all

& i like that thread,
    i hope it stays :grimace:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2016
    Yay finally a place for neutral people to hang out in. <3 Ok bugs suck, but Gurus have been nice fixing them. I also can't stand culling and relationship culling. The worlds are so small I don't see how they will work as more packs are released. But I think that Gurus are more than capable to figure out a solution to these issues. I have mixed feelings about the Sims 4. Some moments I like it and it is tolerable and then other times "working as intended features" and bugs ruin it which makes me sad.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    I like the Sims 4 but I am also really disappointed.The family tree is still broken... To me, the family aspect of the game is lacking (I know, only 2 expansions out, wait for more content...)

Yup that is what we all are waiting for I guess, more content, :)
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    I think this thread is a good idea. Emotions regarding this game have been so polarizing so it's nice to just be able to vent. There are many aspects of this game that I adore and I've been quite up-front about them in other various posts and threads.

But.... the lack of in-depth game play is a real issue. Everything that gets added seems like sugar coating, delightful to look at and exciting to play through... but then I'm left with nothing. What I can't figure out is if it is simply because it is only a few packs in and more content will alleviate this or if it really is just a simple game.

Relationship culling, culling from family trees and culling in general during a long running game are real problems. I understand the guru's decisions and this function's purpose from a developers perspective (well as much as I can) but from a players perspective this feature absolutely su.cks. It really is an enjoyment killer. I haven't played for a couple of weeks now because after I had to reintroduce my sims 'friends' to him for the 3rd time I just gave up... it was to much of a struggle, the game play was boringly repetitive and I simply just couldn't be bothered. Not such a great selling point to a pretty game. I truly said to myself..."omg I can NOT be bothered" and quit out.

I play generational games with an odd sinking feeling in my gut when it is almost time for my founder and wife to die as I know that within a few generations they will be wiped from the family tree. This is so bad. I created my founder, fell in love with him enough to play a generational game and yet he won't even be a memory soon. It makes me not play this file... the story it sits on another forum, waiting for an update, while I just can't bring myself to play knowing that this culling is soon going to ruin everything.

I also miss toddlers. I do. I'm not really a family player as such but I miss them. I want them back in my game so bad. They won't solve any of the other issues but I still want them.

I really hate that I can't toggle certain features on or off. I really really hate that certain patches have changed elements of the game that I liked the most (mostly the whole alien saga with the chance of abduction pregnancies now so low they are impossible to rely on).

At times I have to sort of 'struggle' with my sim to get him to do what I want... canceling his actions twice etc and redirecting him. Other times there is nothing in the action queue to cancel so I just have to sit and watch him doing random stuff. For example despite clicking on the downstairs 'inspired room' computer he walks all the way upstairs (three floors) to use the 'focused rooms' PC. Or the weird 'stand in the park not doing any of my queued actions' because some random townie wants to hug him from all the way across the open space, not just from within the buildable area. Gah!

I often feel like an observer instead of a god. I mean I like watching my sims do stuff but not to this extent, I feel sort of disconnected from my sim, unattached and at times, like what I want doesn't matter as if I left my game running over night my sim would probably be fine and having a better time than when I 'control' him! lol It's a weird feeling and haven't ever experienced that with any other sim game.

Anyway, I'll stop here, this is turning into quite a wall of text. I have such mixed feeling regarding this game. love/hate, anger/enjoyment. I do know that I won't ever buy another 'new' sims game on launch... if there are anymore that is.

Thank you so much for sharing, I feel your pain and hope that it only gets better, I am still waiting from day 1 to get stuff that I use for My game, so I know how sad it is to have to wait on things, I am not sure what I am going to do as well, if another Sims game comes out, guess only time will tell, .

I am hoping for a Family tree as well, I miss a lot of things about the franchise, I go back to Sims 2 & 3 , when it gets to bad to miss, that is the only way I can cope with the Sims 4 right now, the fact that I have them to go back to, :)
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited May 2016
    I like the game but I am a little disappointed that the family tree can't resemble what it does in the tree in the game. Like I think its really stupid that the 4th generation isn't even recognized or that like a step parent that has raised their spouse child from a baby lets say can flirt with them when they become a YA. Or that when sims marry into the family they aren't family.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    edited June 2016
    Voeille wrote: »
    -content removed-

Saying that a thread will turn into a flame war is pointless. Completely. If you see posts that break the forum rules, report them. If everything is fine, there’s no point saying something like that. Isn’t it better to contribute to the OPs topic?

TS4 is a huge disappointment for me. I won’t go into details about every single thing I dislike about this game, because I’d have to spend hours on writing an extremely long post, but this is a great thread to pop up in every now and then and complain about something that annoys us.
    Overall, I hate the direction/vision of this game. Everything is shallow, sims are cheaters by default (I hate that really, it isn’t fun for me at all; it only can be if I decide that a certain sim should be a cheater, all of them being unfaithful is the last thing I want), and the mainly advertised features aren’t really that great. Emotions aren’t based on any in-depth system, build mode and CAS are limited, removing CASt was one of the worst decisions ever... It doesn’t seem to be an AAA PC game, it’s more like a cheap tablet game for kids. ‘Features’ that ‘work as designed’ are game-breaking, and it only makes the impression that the devs didn’t play The Sims at all. Lots of things seem half baked; had the game been improving over time? Sure, but I doubt it can become a sims game I really like. If I dislike its main direction/vision, EPs can’t change that.
    When you say sims are cheaters how so?

Post edited by SimStaffBethelle on
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member

I’m referring to randomly generated random romantic relations.
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
    Voeille wrote: »

I’m referring to randomly generated random romantic relations.
    Oh I don't think any of the townies in my games have ever cheated.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    This is a great idea OP if others would stop trying to derail it. I will start it by telling you what happened the last time I played in my game. It will work if people will tell what happened to their Sim while they were playing them and it totally went haywire. As my game often does.

About three weeks ago I was playing my Stoddard-Collins family. I had added Quentin (not yet a ghost) to the west wing of their house and locked him away because in the old soap he is trapped there and possesses David and Amy to cause havoc for others. Even hurt others.

O.K. Barnabas visited them (their pretend vampire cousin from the 1700's) which they don't know that. While he was leaving David grabbed his bowl and started running after him. Of course Barnabas couldn't stop because he was on his way home. I couldn't stop David from going anywhere. I was like screaming at him to stop as I watched the scene from the old western movie play out in my game. Shane! Come back, Shane!

I was not a happy camper. He finally stopped when Barnabas disappeared into his invisible portal to go home. There was nothing for me to click to send David back home. I had to zoom back to the house, click on something so David (the little boy) would go back home.

In the meantime, Quentin had gotten out of his room somehow and gotten under the roof, stuck there. Imagine my frustration. I would have to quit without saving or go into manage worlds and knock them all out into the front yard, but not really their front yard but just right on the edge of their land where there would be no option to send them all back home. Great.

So, I had to go do that, and of course Quentin also landed outside because that was the only way I could get him out from under the roof.

So, I had to go to more trouble not to let him talk to anyone and get him locked back up in a hurry.

They all stood outside doing nothing not really on their actual property just beyond it, with no option to send them home. I had to click on something inside the house for eight Sims to do so they would all go back into the house. Isn't that a load of fun?

Vickie who narrates most of the very first episodes of DS wouldn't finish writing her novels. Every time she started one and had to be interrupted it all started over again. (That was supposed to be fixed along with the other bug Sims getting outside a wall months ago).

So, it was forget trying to finish a novel. Carolyn (Elisabeth's YA daughter caught the kitchen on fire three times) no cooking skills at all. She was jinxed. Maybe Quentin was hexing her.

After paying to replace the counters and clean up the kitchen Mrs. Johnson (housekeeper) and Roger (the brother of Elisabeth) kept getting the tense moodlet though the fire was over hours ago. It would come back over and over every time the entered the kitchen.

Roger ran out of the house a few times long after the fire was over and everything replaced. I don't think he got the memo the fire was over hours ago, and all cleaned up.

Elizabeth kept going to Carolyn's locked room to talk to her though the door is locked. Over and over day after day she would go up those stairs to talk to Carolyn. I guess it fits in with DS but it got annoying.

The decided the half wall used as the stair railing was a good place to place food every time the seven of them went upstairs to Carolyn's room or to wave at each other. Though Carolyn had long since went downstairs to the drawing room to play the piano or mix drinks.

That is only about one third of what bugs popped up that day and or what went wrong with them playing musical chairs all over the house. And Vickie often jogs to lose weight (she has gained way too much) but never turns around and comes back. I have to go searching for her.

How is your game?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I like the game but I am a little disappointed that the family tree can't resemble what it does in the tree in the game. Like I think its really stupid that the 4th generation isn't even recognized or that like a step parent that has raised their spouse child from a baby lets say can flirt with them when they become a YA. Or that when sims marry into the family they aren't family.
    Yeah, half the relationships that show up in the family tree aren't actually there in-game, like in the relationship panel, leads to some really squicky situations. Family relations and the family tree really need to be updated.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I had to start my DS story over in a new game three times in the last few months. The first time one of my other Sims, Burke, accidentally killed Roger in the Blue Whale by making him too angry. (auto pilot) when I wasn't paying attention. I had Burke grab is urn and rush it back to Roger's house where his sister, her daughter, and his son lived. Lo and behold his son is no longer kin to his aunt and cousin because he (Roger) is dead in that save.

The next time I started over, in a brand new game, replacing all the buildings and houses again, with my own (In WB) Professor Stokes suddenly became extra thin for no reason when I was playing him. Morbidly so. His legs looked like tooth picks compared to his shoulders. I deleted him and added him back but it just wasn't the same. So, I quit save and started again.

No one better say to me how buggy TS3 is and they had to start over because this is the fifth time I have started over in WB due to bugs.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.