Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Store Items won't load

Hey all,

So I've been having this problem for about a week now, and it's driving me insane! I'm trying to start a challenge and I can't get anywhere because my furniture keeps getting switched around!

Basically, I get into my save, and it tells me some items could not be loaded and have been replaced. Here's what I've tried:
1. Clearing the Cache
2. Re-installing the game
3. Deleting and re-installing store content
4. Changing the Sims 3 folder in My Documents to another name, so it must be completely reloaded.

#4 Helps for about half a day. Then I go do something else and shut down the game. When I come back, the store stuff is gone again.
Just an fyi, I use mods and CC. Very little CC and maybe 10 mods max.

Comments

• Anua92Anua92 Posts: 269 Member
    bump?
    bump!
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @igazor mod help thanks
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2016
    Sorry, I was silent on this one because I've never experienced an intermittent issue like this with store content. EP and SP content sure, we know that happens when players don't ensure all of their packs are checked off on the new 1.69 Launcher each time or for some silly reason Origin causes them to go missing. But not store content.

If mods are under suspicion, as a test I would suggest removing the Mods folder in its entirety, clearing the 5 game folder cache files, and seeing if the content returns. Or stays put, as the case may be. But this behavior is still relatively unusual.

Edit: One thing that can be tried, it's actually a longshot but shouldn't do any harm. In your DCCache folder, there should be two tiny files called dcc.ent and missingdeps.idx. Try deleting them, they will rebuild themselves on your next launch and doing this might help.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    Thank you @igazor I will try that after work
    @igazor Well apparently it's not the mods. I completely removed them, and it's still replacing my store items.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    And removing the two small files in DCCache that I mentioned above was no help either?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    @igazor no it didn't. I removed everything, mods and cache and those two files, and they still weren't there.
    I contacted the origin help, they had me do several different things to the computer and my internet. I had to restart my computer, and when I came back in, the content wasn't even installed. So they told me to re-install the game. I'm just now getting all the content back downloaded and installed so fingers crossed!

Hopefully it won't do what it's done for the past week and works for about half a day, then says "Yeah... no."
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @Anua92
    Are the store items being removed or replaced with something else?
    You could try removing the contents of the DCBackup file except for the ccmerged.package.
    @LadysimPlayer8 When I get into the save, that's what it said. But right now I'm coming up with a new issue. The store content won't stay installed. Every time I close the launcher, it uninstalls all the store content I have.

What I find weird though, it doesn't uninstall anything from the exchange. Just the store content.
  • napoleonwrassenapoleonwrasse Posts: 310 Member
    edited May 2016
    @Anua92 Have you tried deleting the dcc.ent and missingdeps.idx again? In the past when I have had issues with the launcher that works for me.

This method to install the store content helps it to not uninstall or disappear. Maybe you could try that? There is a helpful video on page 12 that might make it easier.
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
    @napoleonwrasse Well now it won't do a darn thing. When I go to install anything, the install crashes. When I go to play the game, the game crashes. I did put my mods back in, in hopes that I could actually play. I know, foolish of me. Maybe that's the issue with the crashing.

I literally am getting so fed up though. If it's not one thing, it's another. I have NEVER had issues before, and now all the sudden the whole thing is just... ugh.
    Could it be that something from the exchange was corrupt or has something corrupt attached to it?

Have you tried creating a new Sims 3 Folder?
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
    I have, several times. It works for the first launch, but the second time I go into the game, store content is gone.
    edited May 2016
    Is it no longer crashing then?

I am not sure if this would help but have you thought about avoiding the launcher all together (once you manage to install the content) by bypassing it?
    I found this post that seems similar to your issue. It may be worth looking at.
    @napoleonwrasse Sorry for not responding earlier. That last post does look to be similar to what is going on with my store content. However, I'm not nearly tech savvy enough to know how to do what that person did.

Also, it still crashes whenever I try to install store content, or even run the game without it.
    edited May 2016
    @Anua92 It's no problem. I am sorry to hear that your game still isn't working. :disappointed:

It seems they started with a fresh Sims 3 Folder and then used the store mode/shop mode in game to download the store content instead of the store website. They then basically used this method (there is a helpful video on page 12 that makes it a lot easier) to install the content so it would not uninstall itself.

Maybe if you manage to get the game to load you could try the store mode/shop mode method. If you can't, but manage to get the launcher working, you could maybe try the method in the link.

I was wondering though, how big are the files in your DCCache folder? And do you have a lot of files in the DCBackup folder? Also how many files are you installing at once?
    @napoleonwrasse I don't know how to see how big the files are in the folders. And I install all of my files at once.
    edited May 2016
    @napoleonwrasse I installed it through the game its self, but not all the content I've bought was there to install?

Edit: Never mind, I found the rest.
    edited May 2016
    @Anua92 It probably is crashing when you install the store content because of installing everything at once. The launcher can only handle so many items and the game can only handle limited sizes of files which is why store content tends to disappear/uninstall itself. The launcher is not the best tool which is why I ended up using the method I linked to and with that I haven't had any problems (I own the whole store).
    @napoleonwrasse The game was crashing too. I took out the mods, and am putting them back in one by one to see if that's causing all the crashes.
    @Anua92 That's a good idea. Mods definitely can cause that if they conflict or are for the wrong patch level. Were you at least able to get the store content installed?
    @napoleonwrasse Yes, I'm still in the process of installing it. But so far so good it looks like.
    @Anua92 That's great! :)