Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Not Installing Into Game From Exchange Store

I installed a couple items, but now it's failing everytime I try to do more. What's going on? It says that I need to make sure I'm updated, but I am. What's going on?
sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Comments

• skiptharockskiptharock Posts: 103 New Member
    edited October 2009
    I installed a couple items, but now it's failing everytime I try to do more. What's going on? It says that I need to make sure I'm updated, but I am. What's going on?

I have the same exact problem.

Sometimes it will let me download an item to the game, other times I get the same message you get,
    that I need to make sure I'm updated (but I am!) ... I don't know what's going on?
    :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
  • poppyflyerpoppyflyer Posts: 6 New Member
    edited October 2009
    This is happening to me, too! I bought a bunch of stuff and it worked for while, but then disappeared and told me I needed to update. So now I get cc from TSR because my game doesn't work with .package files, and TSR is pretty much the only site that uses .sims3pack. That's ok though, because they have some pretty good stuff, but I can't help but miss the sims store stuff!
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    edited October 2009
    Good, it's not just me! :)
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
    edited November 2009
    Ugh, this is getting frustrating! I want to get a new house from the exchange store and it's not loading into the game! Could I have too much from the exchange store in my game? Should I try deleting something first?
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • skiptharockskiptharock Posts: 103 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Ugh, this is getting frustrating! I want to get a new house from the exchange store and it's not loading into the game! Could I have too much from the exchange store in my game? Should I try deleting something first?

I know it is frustrating ....

I don't know the answer to your question, I wish that I did ....

I don't know why sometimes some exchange item WILL download for me, and other times one
    wont?

I try not to download anything with premium items although I have bought things from the store :(

It IS frustrating when it is something you really want .... :(

edited November 2009
    Actually I figured it out! I do the Save File download instead of just adding it the game and that way has worked so far! I downloaded some houses last night and some new clothes and they all worked. So, you guys should try doing that one. :)
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • XOX1XOX1 Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited November 2009

"Save File" to an assigned folder, and installing it by double clicking the icon is a much more stable method of retrieving things from the Exchange.

"Add To Game" can be very unstable sometimes.

• breakfastATpappasbreakfastATpappas Posts: 18
    edited November 2009
    XOX1 wrote:
    "Save File" to an assigned folder, and installing it by double clicking the icon is a much more stable method of retrieving things from the Exchange.

i have tried the save file method, and i still can't save everything that i custom downloaded?? if i download a sim, only some outfits and some accessories will show up in the game - but none of the hair styles save. i am new to using a mac, and i use to use the sims2 for pc... that was SO much easier!
    edited November 2009
    After it downloads, do you click on the little icon down by the trash can and then click on the link and the window should pop up that downloads the content into the game. Is that what you do?
    XOX1 wrote:

i have tried the save file method, and i still can't save everything that i custom downloaded?? if i download a sim, only some outfits and some accessories will show up in the game - but none of the hair styles save. i am new to using a mac, and i use to use the sims2 for pc... that was SO much easier!
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg