Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More then just a Simmer! Now I am also an Author!

purpleto280purpleto280 Posts: 949 Member
edited May 2016 in Off Topic Chat
I have simmed since the begin with the first Sims 1 game, never thought it would go this far, well yes I did the potential was always there to be a great game and that it has. However I have always wanted to be a writer, and through the many years of sim gaming, I decided long ago that I would one day publish my own book, however it has never been easy to do, yet in the day an age as it is, you can do anything really. I have published my book, and released it on ITunes stores, and on Amazon. I know this has nothing to do with the sims, yet I also know it's off topic, thus the reason the post is here, I am hoping you will all go check it out, It is a True Story based on my life,

Description: My life has never been easy, who’s has right? Well, I didn’t just have the ordinary everyday struggle’s growing up, I had so much more. With many ghosts, and entities, as well as shadow people to deal with on a day to day basis it was hard to just feel any kind of normal at all. The fear as a child to understanding it as I got older. Finding out about my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 background at a late stage in my life, Well all I can say is Welcome to My Haunted Life,

Title: Welcome To My Haunted Life,
Links: https://amazon.com/Welcome-Haunted-Life-Carolyn-Tracy-ebook/dp/B01F1DYDOO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464665861&sr=8-1&keywords=Welcome+To+My+Haunted+Life"]Amazon[/url]

ITUNES STORE:

Thanks guys
sigsims%20copy_zps4jb8b2a9.png

Comments

• AngiesSmithAngiesSmith Posts: 414 Member
    Congrats! It must have been extremely exciting to publish your book! I know I will buy it and read it, the description sounds really interesting. I'm going to go get it later tonight and start reading. Again, congratulations for this huge achievement!
    AngiesSmith.png
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
    Hey congrats! Yeah I'm an author too and I really should finish typing my book up and get it published lol.
  • purpleto280purpleto280 Posts: 949 Member
    edited May 2016
    Congrats! It must have been extremely exciting to publish your book! I know I will buy it and read it, the description sounds really interesting. I'm going to go get it later tonight and start reading. Again, congratulations for this huge achievement!
    Hey congrats! Yeah I'm an author too and I really should finish typing my book up and get it published lol.

Thank you to both of you, yes it was extremely exciting and I must admit scary in a sense, not knowing, but it has been very successful thus far, Today I was interviewed on the radio about my book, and though that in it's self was amazing it again was scary as I have never been interviewed before. Therefore the experience was a new high for me, They also recorded it on a podcast and sent it to me after the interview so that I would have it for my records, which I will say is awesome. Here is the link if your interested in hearing it . He announces it in the first five minutes, and then the interview actually starts at the 12:40 mark after the commercial.
    http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spreaker.com%2Fuser%2Fbigjohnsmall%2F05-30-16-john-and-heidi-show-carolyntrac&h=XAQESpAKy

And Friendlyone20 defiantly want to read your book so you will have to let me know when you do publish it,
    AngieSmith thank you for going out and buying my book, that would be awesome, I am sure you will love it many of my fan base have said they had to sleep with the lights on for a few nights during and after they read it fully.
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member

Thank you to both of you, yes it was extremely exciting and I must admit scary in a sense, not knowing, but it has been very successful thus far, Today I was interviewed on the radio about my book, and though that in it's self was amazing it again was scary as I have never been interviewed before. Therefore the experience was a new high for me, They also recorded it on a podcast and sent it to me after the interview so that I would have it for my records, which I will say is awesome. Here is the link if your interested in hearing it . He announces it in the first five minutes, and then the interview actually starts at the 12:40 mark after the commercial.
    http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spreaker.com%2Fuser%2Fbigjohnsmall%2F05-30-16-john-and-heidi-show-carolyntrac&h=XAQESpAKy

And Friendlyone20 defiantly want to read your book so you will have to let me know when you do publish it,
    AngieSmith thank you for going out and buying my book, that would be awesome, I am sure you will love it many of fan base have said they had to sleep with the lights on for a few nights during and after they read it fully.

Aww thank you. I will definiately let you know. :)

I am thinking now of self publishing it onto Amazon since it seems like a lot less of a hassle than trying to go through agents and nonsense involving agents lol.

edited May 2016
    Yes it is less hassle, but do not forget to also publish it on Itunes Stores as well, however I am also getting my book in Barnes and Noble, and other self published sites such as the ones mentioned, just look me up if you need any help with anything. I know how the process can be confusing, and unknown... always good to help a self published author out, gotta stick together.
    Post edited by purpleto280 on
  • SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    Congrats - that's a great achievement!
    Z5yqGx5.png
  • br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    Ah, a fellow writer!

I'm planning to get published in the future and this makes me quite happy :)

Congratulations!
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
    Oh thank you for the support Br560 and Supersimsangsung, I appreciate it so much!
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    shameless self promotion
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • jayzaldijayzaldi Posts: 65 Member
    Ahh I will definitely try to buy your book! It sounds awesome, I too have a love for writing and making my own stories. Hence why I love the sims so much! It allows you to develop your own plot, and story -- with some twists and turns that even surprise you! I am currently working on my own graphic novel inspired by a current sims household I am playing. I use the sims to help develop this novel because since it is a graphic novel I need to see how it is all acted out so I can draw it (Graphic novels first have to be written, then changed into script form, then drawn -- its a hefty process)! The sims has definitely helped with that process -- I will try to buy your book when I get some money haha!
  • JimedJimed Posts: 692 Member
    Congratulations!
    Thanks Everyone, for your support, I love writing, and I love hearing about others whom write or want to write and or will be publishing as well.Like I said before I am just super excited and wanted to share, as I know that we Simmers are probably the most Creative players, in any Game that is around. Not many games can give us inspiration such as the Sims can, and My writing and my creativity has came from and grown from this game, so yes this is more then just self promotion.

As far as SimpKin
    Simpkin wrote: »
    shameless self promotion
    That is why it is in Off Topic, so people whom have the same interests can come together and talk about stuff not related to game.... and I am sorry you feel that way. Truly I do, however if you don't like the post there is no need to be rude or even comment for that matter, I do hope you have a great day, and God bless you.

• sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Congratulations!
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
    thax!8)
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Awesome.
    I wish I could get off my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and get writting... or should that be, sit still for long enough to write anything?

Simpkin wrote: »
    shameless self promotion

The world needs more shamelessness.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member
    I'm so happy for your accomplishment! I used to write a lot back in the day though I never wanted to be an author. My little brother did, though. <3 Seriously though, that you were able to pull this off is an amazing feat and you should be proud of yourself.

Also if any writers are interested, I'm trying to make a game (I put a thread here) and writing isn't exactly my strongest suit - so if any of you are looking to write, feel free to join and get experience that way? ^_^
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)