Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update to Sims 3 on Origin + CAW

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    edited April 2016
    ts31121 wrote: »
    PLEASE HELP - I AM LOGGED INTO ORIGIN ON THE SIMS 3 BUT NONE OF MY FAMILIES ARE THERE (on the main menu) and my two store worlds (Riverview and Roaring Heights) AREN'T THERE. I'M FREAKING OUT WHY IS THIS?

I don't have much of an idea.

What patch are you on?

I'm on 1.67 as I haven't updated to be on 1.69.

One thing you could try that can work is to move your Sims 3 folder out of your The Sims 3 folder in My Documents. Then launch a new game and see if your worlds have reappeared. Don't delete the Sims 3 folder though as it contains your saved games and sims etc. You'll have to put things back from it if you want to keep them.

The thing is, the Sims 3 folder contents often get corrupted and cause big problems and by moving it out you can see if this is what has happened to you or not.

EDIT: The worlds you installed from the store will not be there when you launch from a new Sims 3 folder. See if the old folder has been replaced by a new folder already. Something may have happened to it.

It is a good idea to back up your saves you don't want to lose. I put Sims I've made myself onto an external drive. I generate files containing them by choosing the share them in CAS> That puts them into an Exports folder as Sims3Pack files.
  • sugarplumpeachsugarplumpeach Posts: 177 Member
    I won't update until CAW gets out of the beta.
  • mbtxmbtx Posts: 2 New Member
    I am updated to 169 and have Windows 10. My daughter is updated to 169 on hers as well and has Windows 7. We have both downloaded CAW for 169 with our windows version being the only difference. Her CAW works fine but I just get an error when I try to launch just saying it encountered an error. Any ideas?
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    hepburnfan wrote: »
    I won't update until CAW gets out of the beta.

baby-falling-over-laughing-o.gif?w=560

*wipes eyes* Oh, that was a good one.
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    mbtx wrote: »

Well, I have a theory... I'll assume like most people you had a PC with specs for Windows 7 (8Gb RAM, 1 or 2Gb graphics card, 2Gb pagefile, etc...). Simply put, Windows 10 requires a lot more RAM than Windows. I mean, *A LOT* more. If you open task manager, you'll get a misleading reading on how much RAM is not currently in use. If you open resource monitor, you will get a true reading. Windows 10 not only use an increased amount of RAM to work, but it also dedicate at lot of RAM to process, placing it "on stand by" (figuratively speaking, orders it to stand down, do nothing, do not to be used by other processes, and wait until the process which it is dedicated to needs it, assuming it ever will.). So, if you got two duplicate computers, one running Windows 7 and one running Windows 10, the Win 7 one will need like 6 to 8Gb of RAM to run smoothly and not getting message of lacking RAM, while the Windows 10 one needs 10+ Gb. If you have only 8Gb of RAM, Windows 10 will work just fine, but many programs that require a significant amount of RAM to operate won't.

Allocating extra pagefile to compensate for missing RAM is like a trade with the Devil. It will make your system *think* you have enough free RAM, but it will only work at the speed of your hard drive, which is nowhere near the speed of RAM, and can seriously reduce the lifespan of your hard drive, especially if you have a SSD.

My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • mbtxmbtx Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Lexers615 said:
    > mbtx wrote: »
    >
    > Think I'll not be enjoying CAW!
  • KimBauerKimBauer Posts: 74 Member
    Hi!
    first please excuse my english i'm french ^^
    i am in the same miserable place, my CAW works perfectly except the EIG and it's driving me crazy!
    with or whithout mod
    i've got the "a serious error " message and sims 3 close i come back automatically to CAW
    i don't know what to do
    since the 1.69 update it's just hell :(
    Did someone find a solution to EIG works again? please please please :)
    KimBauer wrote: »
    Hi!
    first please excuse my english i'm french ^^
    i am in the same miserable place, my CAW works perfectly except the EIG and it's driving me crazy!
    with or whithout mod
    i've got the "a serious error " message and sims 3 close i come back automatically to CAW
    i don't know what to do
    since the 1.69 update it's just hell :(
    Did someone find a solution to EIG works again? please please please :)

I am still on patch 1.67 and won't be going to 1.69 so I can't tell you all the info but I read somewhere in this thread that EA has made a version of CAW that works with patch 1.69.
  • KimBauerKimBauer Posts: 74 Member
    > @Karritz said:

>
    > I am still on patch 1.67 and won't be going to 1.69 so I can't tell you all the info but I read somewhere in this thread that EA has made a version of CAW that works with patch 1.69.

oh yeah? i have to find this thread!
    thank you i'll search
  • fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member
    KimBauer wrote: »
    > @Karritz said:

>
    > I am still on patch 1.67 and won't be going to 1.69 so I can't tell you all the info but I read somewhere in this thread that EA has made a version of CAW that works with patch 1.69.

oh yeah? i have to find this thread!
    thank you i'll search

Go here: http://www.thesims3.com/game/tools/world
    You will see the two versions available at the bottom of the page.
    Firby nurbs!
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited September 2016
    (Edited out)
    Post edited by Lexers615 on
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • suicidalcheetossuicidalcheetos Posts: 315 Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm happy I was able to download my basegame, and all eps/sps, I wanted from origin before this 1.69 update came out. There was a way of bypassing the origin client/launcher (and be able to use CAW EIG) with the "social" basegame they released, but idk if it would work now. I've been sitting at update 1.67 with origin downloaded games without having to open origin since 2014. :smiley:

I've been sifting through these comments, and it seems like there's been a lot of issues with this update. :(
    Makes me a little hesitant to attempt to update.
    These are probably the best resources/threads for beginners.
    Daily Deal Thread - D&D Spreadsheet - The Gifting Directory
    Reinstall Store Stuff: No Repeats or Disappearing - Nraas Mods to Fix Your Game
    ~Ctrl + F to open up search bar for D&D Spreadsheet~
  • LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    So, what about fixing issues with the CAW for the non-origin versions? Installed for the 1.67, and the edit in game will not open, at all. Everything else is great.
    So, what about fixing issues with the CAW for the non-origin versions? Installed for the 1.67, and the edit in game will not open, at all. Everything else is great.

Perhaps reinstall CAW??? I'm at 1.67, non-Origin, and EIG, thankfully, works for me .

Firby nurbs!

Is your game one that previously could use EIG? I know the pre Sept 2012 version of the game never required ORigin and CAW EIG is supposed to work as usual. I have never used CAW - although I've thought about it a few times so I can't talk from personal experience.
  • lastevnslastevns Posts: 141 Member
    edited June 2016
    I am a bit confused (haven't read all 10 pages of comments -- only page 1 and page 10.

I have Sims 3, version 1.69.43.024017. This requires the blasted Origin client. Hate it but I don't believe there is a way to get back to an earlier version. Anyway, not really the point. I want to be able to do two things:
    1. I want to be able to modify existing worlds (if this is possible); and
    2. I obviously want to be able to use CAW to make modifications.

Is this possible? Oh, and, I have no plans to go to Sims 4. The loss of a single, cohesive world that I can wander round in would be too big a loss for me.
    lastevns wrote: »
    I am a bit confused (haven't read all 10 pages of comments -- only page 1 and page 10.

I have Sims 3, version 1.69.43.024017. This requires the blasted Origin client. Hate it but I don't believe there is a way to get back to an earlier version. Anyway, not really the point. I want to be able to do two things:
    1. I want to be able to modify existing worlds (if this is possible); and
    2. I obviously want to be able to use CAW to make modifications.

Is this possible? Oh, and, I have no plans to go to Sims 4. The loss of a single, cohesive world that I can wander round in would be too big a loss for me.

I have read somewhere that they have made and provided a version of CAW that works with patch 1.69

It's link is near the link to the version of the tool that works with patch 1.67. They also fixed Edit in Game for the 1.69 version. So it exists. I'm just not sure of where the post is containing the link.
    Firby nurbs!
  • lastevnslastevns Posts: 141 Member
    @fxchrfxchr Is your link the same as that which exists on the front of this forum post? And do you know of post on modifying Sims 3 existing worlds?
    lastevns wrote: »
    @fxchrfxchr Is your link the same as that which exists on the front of this forum post? And do you know of post on modifying Sims 3 existing worlds?

Yes, the link on page 1 was provided until the CAW page could be updated to show both versions. To be certain, I would suggest downloading from the CAW page.
    To edit an existing world have a look at the second post here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/767441/can-you-edit-an-existing-world
    Firby nurbs!
  • Mickeyamazing16Mickeyamazing16 Posts: 2 New Member
    I give up!!!!!! I tried reinstalling caw but all it says is: "The signature of ts3caw (1),exe is corrupt or invalid". I can even download it from the original page. The caw i have now is just teling me the memory is corrupt.
  • Mickeyamazing16Mickeyamazing16 Posts: 2 New Member
    Is it possible that anyone can help me???
    I give up!!!!!! I tried reinstalling caw but all it says is: "The signature of ts3caw (1),exe is corrupt or invalid". I can even download it from the original page. The caw i have now is just teling me the memory is corrupt.

The file name may need to be CAW.exe instead of CAW(1).exe
    Otherwise i don't know.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member

Wait a minute, I'm not a CAW user but I can tell you what those things mean.

Getting a file called ts3caw(1).exe for a download means you already had a file called ts3caw.exe downloaded to the same location even if it was only a partial or problematic download. Since you cannot have two files by the same exact name in the same location, Windows sticks a number in parentheses in there to distinguish them from each other.

But the signature corrupt issue is very common. I assume you are using Internet Explorer to download the file, it's being overly sensitive to the way in which the file was created and in this case complaining about something that just doesn't matter. The solution is to download the tool using a different browser, such as Firefox or Chrome.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • pallokalopallokalo Posts: 1 New Member
    I've had problems with EIG so freaking long. I have re-installed everything, my game has the newest game patch and I did re-install CAW from the link on the first page - still, doesnt't work. Launcher or Origin didn't pop up as they used to in the previous version, but that was all. Literally nothing happened, except the rendering window went blue. I thought that it might just be running slow, but after half an hour of waiting I had to admit that EIG won't be opening.

I love the creating a world, it's the number one reason to play TS3. Nothing on this thread seemed to be helping. Is there anything I can do anymore?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top