Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How often do you use cheats & which ones?

13...Next

Comments

• BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    testingcheatsenabled true>shift-click teleport here is my all-time favorite cheaty cheat and I use it whenever I don't want to be bothered on waiting for a Sim to get somewhere (not real often) or if a Sim ends up in a place they can't maneuver out of, like when testing my world or even in my regular game.

Or use testingcheats for dragging up motive bars when I've got all wrapped up in something and forgot to pay close enough attention to the time and realize my Sim should have been in bed three hours ago but still need the toilet and shower.

Otherwise I do like freerealestate for setting up Sims I'm not planning on playing in a new town. I also occasionally use MOO but don't over-use it. Oh, and there's the one that allows for changing furnishings around in an apartment building. I don't play the Sims that live in those but once the designaters are placed it has to be used for any editing of the lot outside of the livable unit.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    All the time! I tend to leave testingcheatsenabled set to true, simply for ease of play, if they just can't get too a toilet or something. It's mainly a time saver. I also use NRAAS mods - overwatch and story progression - to be able to set some gameplay the way I want it, and to make things run better. Vital for Island Paradise, in my opinion!!! Building, moveobjects, buydebug, and elevation cheats are pretty common. Moveobjects, especially, is handy for nice outdoor lighting effects, to hide them in plants. The money cheats are useful when starting a big family, because you just can't get them set up otherwise, and I don't like everyone starting at the bottom. And, yeah, cheats to kill off annoying townie sims are fun! :D
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    AthenaOnyx wrote: »
    I use the teleport cheat, especially with SN sims mainly because witches and fairies should be able to teleport. But, to be honest I use with regular sims too, but don't have time for all that traveling.

I use the shift/click to get rid of moodlets I don't want, especially the flea one for pets.

Free Real Estate and Motherlode but I'm trying to quit this one.

I forgot about that one. I do use teleport sometimes. I really enjoy seeing my sims travel places with their cars or bikes, but sometimes I need to get somewhere quickly and they're short on time.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • norhanenorhane Posts: 32 Member
    "make all happy" all the time i use it, if i didn't i'll spend the rest of my life feeding sleeping sending my 5 sims to bathroom and i won't be able to play with them :smiley:
  • KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,066 Member
    Move objects on, move objects off, hmm.., that's it!
  • Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    HSmith2016 wrote: »
    I've recently found out about free real estate! Before your Sims decide to move into or buy a home, type testingcheatsenabled true and then freerealestate and you will be able to move into any home no matter what the cost for free. :)
    The testingcheatsenabled true is good for lots of things. Sometimes I get tired of trying to make my Sims happy and there just never seems enough time in the day for them to do everything they should be, or if I want to skill up, I just type that in and then shift click the mailbox, you can make their needs static (so they don't drop) and you don't have to worry about them going in the red.

I know this is an older post, but can't you do this without cheating with most needs anyway? Food, bathroom, and hygiene can all be negated with a LTH reward. Another one cuts down on the amount of sleep needed. Which are the ones that really cut into time for other things. Fun and Social can be taken care of easily, often at the same time.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Faerie197 wrote: »
    HSmith2016 wrote: »
    I've recently found out about free real estate! Before your Sims decide to move into or buy a home, type testingcheatsenabled true and then freerealestate and you will be able to move into any home no matter what the cost for free. :)
    The testingcheatsenabled true is good for lots of things. Sometimes I get tired of trying to make my Sims happy and there just never seems enough time in the day for them to do everything they should be, or if I want to skill up, I just type that in and then shift click the mailbox, you can make their needs static (so they don't drop) and you don't have to worry about them going in the red.

I know this is an older post, but can't you do this without cheating with most needs anyway? Food, bathroom, and hygiene can all be negated with a LTH reward. Another one cuts down on the amount of sleep needed. Which are the ones that really cut into time for other things. Fun and Social can be taken care of easily, often at the same time.

All of those things can be done with rewards, but I rarely use rewards like steel bladder or hardly hungry. I guess the reason is because I don't want to permanently change my sims' needs (though I do purchase Dirt Defiant for my gardeners sometimes), because I still want the challenge every now and then. But, sometimes depending on what I'm doing I want to not have to worry about them for an hour or a play session. If I use the mailbox cheats, or just drag the bars when I like, I control it completely. If I purchase the reward, then it's permanent. (Well, semi-permanent since I use Master Controller.) So, I just spend the points on something else.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    edited June 2016
    @GabbyGirlJ Omigoodness, thank you! Didn't know you could do that but just googled it and found out how. :D (ETA: I didn't know you could use MC to delete rewards)

I'm learning so much from this thread.
    Post edited by ZeeGee on
  • sarahheideckersarahheidecker Posts: 1 New Member
    For cheats I do testingcheatsenabled true at the menu screen and then buydebug for special objects and spawners then I also sometimes use motherlode for extra cash to build or buy stuff B)
  • Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    I've yet to use any cheats. Unless you count Overwatch to reset stuck sims automatically.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • StorietimeStorietime Posts: 249 Member
    I don't think I could play without any cheats

I use;
    Motherlode (for building and decorating. I usually use most of that money up, so the sim isn't left with much)
    Testingcheatsenabled
    Moveobjecs on (Couldnt live without this one)
    hideheadlineffects
    freerealestate (to move sims into houses above their price range
    buydebug (dont always use this one, I used to have a lot of problems saving to the town when I had used anything from here)
  • Minx11Minx11 Posts: 1,386 Member
    I use cheats in every simgle game. I mainly use the "Motherload", "Fill Karma Metre" and "Give Lifetime Happiness Points" (Or whatever it is) from Spoot the Magic Llama
  • SoulfienSoulfien Posts: 77 Member
    I used to use them all the time to get started. I'd give my family a lot of money to start out with. This time, however, I restrained myself and started out with what they gave me. I worked my way up to having more money then I'd ever had when I cheated.

That being said, I did cheat to gain my new unicorn. I just couldn't risk kicking out family members in order to make room for the three pets I needed to befriend and the Unicorn. My household is too full... So I cheated. I wasn't happy about it... I'm still partly tempted just to load the game I saved before the cheat and scrap the whole idea, but I'm not going to. I'm keeping the Unicorn!
  • loriburcherloriburcher Posts: 38 Member
    <3 I love MoveObjects on , freerealestate, and of course money cheats, and testingcheatsenabled true.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @loriburcher Your avi is one of the prettiest sims I've ever seen!
  • PaullettePaullette Posts: 34 Member
    All of them, the money ones, careers, skills, relationships, real estate...but only for story-creating.
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    the only "cheats" i use is resetsim * when game is freezing up because it means someone is stuck somewhere, not as much since using nraas errortrap/overwatch though.

and "freerealestate" when moving inactive families from the bin to the town.
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • Skylah456Skylah456 Posts: 95 Member
    Motherlode for building, then family funds to bring down any money left to a fairly small amount.
    Buydebug
    Testingcheatsenabledtrue
    Resetsim
    Moveobjects on
    Freerealestate for populating the town from my bin

I'm going to try and use as little cheats as possible when everything is back to a clean slate though. Give the legacy challenge a go :)
  • MartinvMartinv Posts: 254 Member
    Jus about every day. Testingcheatsenabledtrue, buydebug resetsim among others.