Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will sims die without a shower?

MeepleepMeepleep Posts: 180 Member
edited January 2018 in The Sims 2
this thread was a twist to my story line that was taken to serious, sorry.
Post edited by Meepleep on

Comments

• SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited May 2016
    I don't think so, but I don't honestly know, as any time my sims have gotten so hygiene desperate they'll take a sponge bath in whatever sink is available at the time.

Why would you lock the poor kids in a dungeon? Don't they need to go to school?

Also, won't the social worker come to take them away if they're not well cared for (including not going to school)?
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Well...unless you have a mod, the social worker is going to take them for missing school. And no, they don't need a shower to live, but they'll be miserable.

Poor sims. The thought of it makes me cry. I hope they escape one day.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    Unless the large room is full of flies, this low hygiene need will increase chance of dying by flies.
    But low hygiene cannot kill your sim. Death by stink would be really really weird. I'm glad that's not in game.
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Unless the large room is full of flies, this low hygiene need will increase chance of dying by flies.
    But low hygiene cannot kill your sim. Death by stink would be really really weird. I'm glad that's not in game.

And yet, considering all the other weirdness in the game put in by the creators, it wouldn't really shock me. OK, maybe I'd be taken by surprise the first time it happened, but after that, if it happened again, I'd be like, "Oh, yeah, forgot about that. Oops." lol
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @Meepleep
    Is there a sink?
    Sims will autonomously wash at the sink if there is no shower/bath facilities.
    @Meepleep
    Is there a sink?

Hmm... I think only sloppy sims do it. I have never seen a neat sim do it.
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    I can't say that I recall whether the Sims were neat or sloppy; this 'body wash' happened on community lots where there were no showers.
    I think it is more about whether the Sim really dislikes being stinky - some Sims are quite happy to be stinky! :)
    EgonVM wrote: »
    @Meepleep
    Is there a sink?

Hmm... I think only sloppy sims do it. I have never seen a neat sim do it.

Nope, I've seen it. If desperate enough, and you refuse to let them take a shower, or they're so poor there is no shower, just a sink (and this was my first family in my custom neighborhood) neat Sims will definitely use the sink for a sponge bath.
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    edited May 2016
    the social worker will come before anything else
    they also gain a little bit of hygiene by 'gussying up' at the mirror

and I can tell you from experience, legacy stories are much more popular than one off devious/weird stories.
    Post edited by DivinylsFan on
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    Maybe the op is going for a Flowers in the Attic type story. Sounds interesting. Smelly, but interesting. lol
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Now part of me feels like I need a kidnapper sim.
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Now part of me feels like I need a kidnapper sim.

lol :D
    I notice Meepleep hasn't responded .. just a rile probably
    the game doesn't let children die, the social worker comes before that happens. even in a fire, a sim will grab the baby/toddler and run it to safety before all else. And like others have said, if they don't go to school. If their hygiene gets so low they're always in distress, the social worker will probably take them away for that too, and it doesn't matter if you fence off the area and lock the door, the social worker will still take them.
    I notice Meepleep hasn't responded .. just a rile probably
    the game doesn't let children die, the social worker comes before that happens. even in a fire, a sim will grab the baby/toddler and run it to safety before all else. And like others have said, if they don't go to school. If their hygiene gets so low they're always in distress, the social worker will probably take them away for that too, and it doesn't matter if you fence off the area and lock the door, the social worker will still take them.

Social worker will come if fun, hunger or social need is low, aspiration bar is low, when children are home alone, if child is too hot/cold... Hygiene is not a need, that will result social worker. Children can also pass out (Energy is too low), wet themselves (Bladder need is too low).
    Yes, toddlers and babies cannot die, but in CHILD stage children can die by fire and drowning. Expansions doesn't seem to add new ways to die for children, so children can actually die by 2 ways (If they are in child stage).
    Could children also die with their parents by Death by Flies?

Hmm... I think not. This is very rare way to die after all.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    If you have a sink they can take a sponge bath or wash their hands indefinitely.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    If you have a sink they can take a sponge bath or wash their hands indefinitely.

LMAO! OCD here we come!

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    edited May 2016
    Hi :)

Kids aren't taken away with low hygiene. They won't do anything but moan about it unless they're in platinum. I know this from playing many Apocalypse Challenges. As long as they're grades are up, they're not starving or freezing/burning up, and aren't left alone too long- they will be fine with bottomed out hygiene. :)

*Kids can't sponge bath- only slobs (I think 4 or less) without a mod- and washing hands does next to nothing for kids. :(

Changing diapers for toddlers takes their hygiene up to 1/2 which is great for Apoc Sims. :)
    @Rflong7
    I hate to disagree, but it's not just slobs who can take sponge baths in the sink. I've said it before, but I have "neat" Sims who can sponge bath in the sink if they're desperate enough and I've either not included a shower in the home, or canceled out their wish to go take one enough times. Maybe kids can't, but adults and possibly teens (I haven't had my teens reach that stage yet) can. And you all know I don't have any mods in my game.
    I've never had a neat Sim take a sponge bath- they would only wash and wash and wash their hands in the sink. But, if you're seen it, you have seen it. :)

I can post a picture of it if that's allowed. Everything of "vital importance" is properly blurred out.
    edited May 2016
    I believe you. I've never had a full Neat Sim autonomously take a sponge bath. I do have a mod to where I can make them but that's another thing. :)

** @SataiDelennn - Now that I think about it, it might be Outgoing Sims... but not shy Sims. It's been too long since I tried it. :lol:
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
    still no response yay or nay from the OP
    he was just trying to upset people
    even if he does do such a story, it won't be 100% played for real because his game won't let him get away with the children not going to school, and the readers will know that.
    Well, it led to interesting discussions at least.

@Rflong7
    OK, that sounds more likely, lol. I can see that.