Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reading Circles - For All Games!

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    @ThePlumbob @Munterbacon @roseinblack69: Made a thread. ;) It's pretty basic and I'm open to changing the name.

Cool deal! I've got your thread listed! I like your name!

(Does anybody else suffer from Circle Envy? LOL!)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    *aside* @CathyTea ninjapig and I just infiltrated another thread to snatch a get to know you survey! Bwahahahaa...
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    edited May 2016
    Meggles wrote: »
    *aside* @CathyTea ninjapig and I just infiltrated another thread to snatch a get to know you survey! Bwahahahaa...

Did you leave a cookie trail? :)

EDIT: And you know that we stole the questionnaire from the Disney Princess Novel Idea group, right? ;)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

ninjapig always leaves a crumb trail behind.
    Ok... so a few thoughts after the busy flurry of hurry-up-and-sign-up!

Thought one: let's have waiting lists! That way, if someone wants to join a group but it's currently full, they can get on the waiting list and grab a spot when one opens! Also, this gives us a kind way to say to those wanting in, "We're so glad you're interested in our group! We're currently full, and once a spot opens up, we'll love to have you! Let's add you to the Waiting List for our group!" Then, please be sure to let me know, and I will add that person to the waiting list.

Thought two: I think it's ok for us to join more than one Circle... I'm thinking of TS4 clubs. Our Sims can be in more than one club! The situation for me is that I have more than one currently active story. I don't want to require my circle members to have to keep up with more than one story, so what I want to do is to sign up with one circle for one story and have another circle for another story! Of course, those of us who sign up for more than one circle can be considerate to make room for those who aren't yet in any circle, but as long as there's room--and as long as we feel able to be productive contributors of both--I think it's fine and useful!

Other thoughts, responses, and observations after our first few days getting started?

EDIT: And you know that we stole the questionnaire from the Disney Princess Novel Idea group, right? ;)

I didn't! It's a good survey!
  • equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    Hi Everyone! I think this is an awesome idea, and it seems like a great way to make friends and show support :) I'd love to be put into a group!
    equuest wrote: »
    Hi Everyone! I think this is an awesome idea, and it seems like a great way to make friends and show support :) I'd love to be put into a group!

Yay, equuest! Please take a look at the list of Circles on the first page, and see which one you'd like to join! A few still have spots, there's a brand new one forming, and the currently full ones have waiting lists! :)

Just post here when you see which one you want to join. I've got a busy afternoon, but I'll have time this evening or tomorrow to add you!

• RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Um... hi! I've been thinking about this because it is a neat idea and I like it, so I've kind of wanted to join, but I'm a bit afraid that I start to take my pledge of reading the works too seriously and start stressing about it. But since it's summer and I have a lot of free time I guess I can give it a shot...

So I could join The Art Commune, if that's okay. Unless my stories are not out of the mainstream? I think they kind of are, but I don't know.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    Um... hi! I've been thinking about this because it is a neat idea and I like it, so I've kind of wanted to join, but I'm a bit afraid that I start to take my pledge of reading the works too seriously and start stressing about it. But since it's summer and I have a lot of free time I guess I can give it a shot...

So I could join The Art Commune, if that's okay. Unless my stories are not out of the mainstream? I think they kind of are, but I don't know.

@RipuAncestor I've been secretly stressing about keeping up, too, BUT I've made a deal with myself that if I can't commit I'll be up front and say something as soon as I admit it to myself, haha! :)
  • aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    I'm so excited about this. Once I get settled, I'm going to start a Circle :)

Thanks for thinking this up!

Umm.... Death worrying about the extinction of a frog? Umm.... a vampire gossip columnist? Ummm.... motley crews of immortals?

Nah! Nothing out of the ordinary about that!

I'm signing you up for the commune, baby! :)

@RipuAncestor I've been secretly stressing about keeping up, too, BUT I've made a deal with myself that if I can't commit I'll be up front and say something as soon as I admit it to myself, haha! :)

We can always make as one of our agreements: no stressing. It's ok not to keep up! :)<3

• MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited May 2016

It is most definitely okay, and when I mentioned it in the storytelling thread I was hoping that you'd see it and want to join. :)

And I totally get the stressing thing. I've been in a group like this before on Tumblr that ended up failing because most of us got stressed out and were too busy with other things. So I'll come up with something more relaxed for us. :)
    Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.
    art commune sounds fun. not sure my story fits.

let me in
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    @friendsfan367 I thought you already have a circle? :o what happened to the phoenix puffclaws?
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    @friendsfan367 I thought you already have a circle? :o what happened to the phoenix puffclaws?

you can join more than one.
  • MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member

let me in

All right. :) I think that's our four then. :) If anyone else really wants to join though they can.
    Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.

let me in

All right. :) I think that's our four then. :) If anyone else really wants to join though they can.

yippppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppie sorry got excited.

let me in

Ok! @friendsfan367 is in the Art Commune and there's still room for more! :)

let me in

Ok! @friendsfan367 is in the Art Commune and there's still room for more! :)

whats a commune anyway i forgot?
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    This is such a fantastic idea, @CathyTea. I would love to join the Art Commune since there's one more available slot if that's okay with you all. I try to post regularly once-a-week on Saturdays on my main blog, Kassiopeia Fullbright's series, although I post sporadically (usually once a week or 2-3 times a month) on my other blog Livin'a'Simmin'Life, but I advertise on Kass's blog when I'm posting over at LASL and skipping a week at KCLKF.

I hope it's okay that I join. I think my story falls outside the norm since it's a long-term story series following the same character. I hope for new readers that they can catch on if they jump in. I don't know though since it's a series, although backing up to 2.0 gives a good overview of what was missed in Part 1 and my character bios probably help.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    If I don't fit in the Art Commune, stick me in the Literary Long Haul, since Kass's story is long.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    If I don't fit in the Art Commune, stick me in the Literary Long Haul, since Kass's story is long.

if neither is full you can join both. i figured that outwhen cathtea joined 2.