Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen in your game today/most recently?

Comments

• SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    @TadOlson
    It would be great to make a social security office in a neighbourhood! :)

@SataiDelennn
    If you have teens as well as adults in your household, you don't need a nanny to look after the children whilst the parents are at work - the Social Worker won't take them away. However if the teens have jobs too after school, you won't be able to do that.
    You could also move Calista out and hire another Nanny?

The whole point of moving her in was to have a nanny I didn't have to pay. *shrugs* It just adds another element into the game. They'll get over each other eventually, I'm sure. Or I'll get Jasmine maxed out in Logic, Creativity, and Charisma and be able to age her up to a child, and can then max her out in everything, and let her age up to be a teen, and then I can let Calista grow old enough and die. THEN, if Lindsey has any more kids, I'll hire a new nanny and start the process all over again to get her to move in. Only then, I'll try not to have the new nanny and Goopy become "too friendly," which is how the tension between Calista and Lindsey started in the first place.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got a social welfare office in Fargo at the community service center which is where it should be located.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    Well, it's official, Calista and Lucy are engaged! It was so cute, too! Calista got down on one knee, and gave Lucy a ring, and Lucy was so touched and put the ring on so lovingly, then leapt into Calista's arms!

OK, so question. If I want to have a "proper" wedding party, how do I go about doing that?
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    First check out their formal wear - if it is not what you want you will need to shop for clothes and use the changing booth or a wardrobe to plan the formal outfit for the wedding. You may also want to change their appearance?
    Buy a wedding arch, garden chairs and a buffet table - if you had Celebrations installed, there would be more to choose from including the wedding outfits and hairstyles for the bride. You will also need the wedding cake and the bottle of champers on the tray.
    Then use the phone to 'Have a Party' and invite a few of their friends over. Have Calista and Lucy entertain the guests with a few jokes before clicking on the wedding arch to get married. Which ever one you choose, the other will take their surname thereafter.
    After the ceremony, cut the cake and toast with the champers and mingle with the guests.
    All going well the newly weds will have a great wedding party and a limo will come to take them away - when they return a few hours later they are fully charged (re-energised).
    Good luck and looking forward to some wedding pics of the happy couple! :)
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    Nice to look here and see others having fun :smile: , it has been a little while since I last commented on anything on the forums but I did start playing ts2 again yesterday evening, it's got me addicted all over again. I started with the pleasants this time I didn't let Kaylynn move in but I might have to since Mary refuses to get pregnant. Everyone got a make over and for the first time I believe in my memories Lilith brought home a cute boy aside from Dirk which I think means they need to get married because she's always been glued to Dirk.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    @RedDestiny92
    Well you will be challenged by the Pleasant Family and all its members! :)
    You could try turning aging off to give Mary Sue a chance to have a baby - I think she only has about 5 days before becoming an elder? If you have Freetime installed, you could give Mary Sue the Family Secondary Aspiration to increase the want to have a baby as well as increased fertility.
    yeah no kidding :smile: it seems like they get bored faster than other ts2 sims as if they are just bored of life in general ha. I believe that's what it was I forgot about the secondary aspiration. I have the ulitmate collection from origins, though it's like I forget I always forget something :smiley:
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Malrose828Malrose828 Posts: 7 New Member
    I am having so much fun reading all of these posts! After a few days of watching old TS2 videos and a few recent let's plays, I am reinstalling TS2 onto my laptop as I type. I cannot wait to dive into the Pleasantview drama once more!
    The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 came sneaking around the house and left the Magical Lamp for Byron (second generation of my legacy family).
    Byron is my first Sim that had a Want to make a wish! :)
    After rubbing the lamp, the Genie advised he would be granted 3 wishes but there were only two options - Live a Long Life or Peace of Mind.
    I selected Peace of Mind because I am hoping that Byron will have a long life! :)
    I am not sure that the option for money was not available - could be because Byron is a child?

184csnapshot_4451a94c_64571ebe.jpg
    185bsnapshot_4451a94c_a4571ff5.jpg
    Malrose828 wrote: »
    I am having so much fun reading all of these posts! After a few days of watching old TS2 videos and a few recent let's plays, I am reinstalling TS2 onto my laptop as I type. I cannot wait to dive into the Pleasantview drama once more!

that's how I was pulled in again too, there are things I've never done because I fall into routine but I think I'll get around to them.

Speaking of Pleasantview, giving the second aspiration to Mary sue worked she had Tony just before her birthday, Daniel had an unfortunate accident in the pool as ar as the story in my head goes it was Kaylynn who pushed him. He wouldn't hang out with her anymore choosing his family finally. Mary sue is a mess, Angela takes the most care of Tony, though Lilith will help out on her own as well. The girls hate each other yes, but it seems like Angela has been on the attack more ever since Lilith got a new boyfriend and became an A student. I always have to control one of them or else she fighting or slapping her, Lilith never hits first. I also got tired of them leaving Stevie's cage open, meaning he'd fly around the lot forever so I changed him out with Pandi...think she's a womrat.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    Here's a few pictures from Fargo.
    Here's some new outdoor washrooms from MTS.
    27320005885_1ac09d5d07_c.jpg
    The unsavory charlatan got banned from the service center.
    26713512043_cfcb4e707e_c.jpg
    @TadOlson
    The all in one bathroom looks a lot like the one that came with Island Paradise in Sims3?
    That is something I would like to do is make objects for other versions of the Sims franchise. :)
    I found it as a conversion for TS2 on MTS and downloaded the files.I also use a lot visitor controller to ban some types of sims from some community lots along with so many other Mods for other issues.
  • Sim ShadySim Shady Posts: 297 Member
    Nothing so far :lol: I just found the disc in my old laptop though and I'm seriously so happy I could cry! This is my all-time favourite Sims game and I thought I'd lost it forever. My day didn't get off to such a good start but I know it's going to be a wonderful evening now. <3
    duck.jpg
    Sim Shady wrote: »
    Nothing so far :lol: I just found the disc in my old laptop though and I'm seriously so happy I could cry! This is my all-time favourite Sims game and I thought I'd lost it forever. My day didn't get off to such a good start but I know it's going to be a wonderful evening now. <3

Congrats! Enjoy getting back into the game!
    OK, well, a lot has happened tonight! Lindsey gave birth to another girl. I named her Michelle.

I FINALLY got to throw a wedding party and YAY, it was a success! Calista and Lucy got married!

CalistaampLucy-JustJoined.jpg

CalistaampLucy-1stKiss.jpg

CalistaampLucy-InLove.jpg

CalistaFeedsLucy.jpg

I was amused at how everyone but teenage Jason is paying attention to the toast, and he's stuffing his face, lol.
    AnotherWeddingToast.jpg

CalistaampLucy-Limo2.jpg

CalistaampLucyReturnFrmHnymn.jpg

CalistaampLucy-BkFrmHnymn1.jpg

I think it's sweet how in love they are. And the two little kids that were invited got so excited so much of the time. They kept leaping up in the air and saying, "Yeah!" lol.
    @SataiDelennn
    I think Lucy must be very popular and is friends with most of the guests?
    I don't know whether this has happened to you yet, but if your Sims make a toast to a Sim that is not a friend of one of the guests, the guest is not shy in showing their displeasure. :)
    I also think if another Sim toasts to a Sim that is loved by another Sim, that other Sim is not particularly happy about that either! :)
    I don't think it constitutes cheating though?
    edited May 2016
    Not all at once but these are some pics I took at random while I've been playing...
    snapshot_cdae71fd_c45343fc_zps1koaqyjc.jpg
    I wasn't too sure why he was looking at their friend like that but when they left he had hearts above his head, guess he was was too shy to hang out with her. Angie is oblivious.
    snapshot_cdae71fd_a454915c_zps7ge8bid1.jpg
    The house was partially invaded.
    snapshot_cdae71fd_24547e0f_zpsxxzw692g.jpg
    snapshot_cdae71fd_845491d9_zpsqma1ro7l.jpg
    While Angie is inside trying to be as perfect as possible, and reminded of her poor table manners.
    snapshot_cdae71fd_845493ec_zpszjr3aqqv.jpg
    Lilith is out flirting with the only boy able to pull her away from Dirk.
    snapshot_cdae71fd_645494e2_zpsepserywp.jpg
    Mary-sue says juggling is a great past time if you have nothing to do.
    snapshot_cdae71fd_a455d374_zpseist98rz.jpg
    For Daniel's birthday, Angela picked up a special treat for him.
    snapshot_cdae71fd_8457306f_zpsczxpnp8k.jpg
    While there is no proof this was no accident, Kaylynn has been staying late while cleaning lately, probably covering her tracks.
    snapshot_cdae71fd_a45731bf_zpsebzdrupz.jpg
    Mary-sue does her best without Daniel she never found out about his cheating ways.
    snapshot_cdae71fd_84548838_zpsacduvvp4.jpg
    Stevie doesn't care about anything going on around him, he's just awiting for one of them leave the cage open so he can fly around again.
    snapshot_cdae71fd_4458902d_zpsvxduvjvn.jpg
    Peter is moved in and proposes to Lilith, he's ready to be out so he can have his own family he's a natural with little Tony...I changed his hair but that outfit did not get put together by me lol. He's adorable though, Mary-sue is attracted to his fatherly ways and good looks, but unfortunately for her he's not a cheater like her late husband.
    snapshot_cdae71fd_845890f0_zpswkqudabe.jpg
    I just love this picture, Peter playing with Tony while Lilith glares at the television.

Tony aged up and Angela will forever be alone, he doesn't really like her but he oves Lilith and Peter and begged to go with them when they moved out, so they took him with, if I take anymore pics I'll show them off.

All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    I don't think I've ever had a Sim die in a pool. Very interesting.

Tony and Peter are cute together.
    I've done that a lot on purpose putting walls around the edges and one time was an accident in sims 3 the girl couldn't get around the others during a pool party while I was trying to get the hosts out of the way all of sudden here comes grim. Yeah, Peter has such a natural dad touch to his soul and he's the only male role model Tony has.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    My sims Cole and Lockley just finished college, after getting jobs they got married :blush:

mscb2r.jpg

rckjvc.jpg

zls1ar.jpg

Not long after they had a bouncing baby girl :) (of course because I decorated the nursery for a boy :s )

28au5oy.jpg

33kzxid.jpg

e7xl6r.jpg

o55jpg.jpg

She has dads hair and moms eyes :)

I then went to redecorate, my decorated nursery :|
    Lol, That's why I don't decorate the nursery or get any crib or chair or anything until the baby is born. Then I just pause the game, and really quickly decorate accordingly and buy the necessary coordinating stuff.

Congrats on them graduating, getting married, and having a baby!
    In my game over the last week, my family married, went on honeymoon and had a baby. :)
    This was the first time I organised a honeymoon (you have this option only when your Sims are engaged). I didn't realise the vacation taxi turns up immediately after the wedding ceremony - my Sims had barely time to eat the slice of wedding cake! :)
    134bsnapshot_4451a94c_4455c129.jpg
    135snapshot_4451a94c_4455c152.jpg
    136snapshot_4451a94c_a455c1ac.jpg
    138snapshot_4451a94c_2455c2bf.jpg
    [139snapshot_4451a94c_4455c8d0.jpg
    141asnapshot_4451a94c_4455c991.jpg
    145snapshot_4451a94c_6455d08b.jpg
    163bsnapshot_4451a94c_04560d0a.jpg
  • Sim ShadySim Shady Posts: 297 Member
    Sim Shady wrote: »

Congrats! Enjoy getting back into the game!

Sorry for the late reply but thank you! :smiley: I love this game so much.
    duck.jpg
    Got a few more pics, I always like taking screenshots.
    snapshot_6459dadc_0459dae0_zpsi0nbfuce.jpg
    Just some ice cream sundaes to celebrate the new house, and getting over their going away present, Mary-sue gave everyone her flu germs.
    snapshot_6459dadc_e45aa73e_zpsyzshllts.jpg
    Lilith and Peter are very much in love, Tony thinks their weird, who wants to share cooties? lol
    snapshot_6459dadc_045aa960_zpsfxb98nwx.jpg
    After Tony leaves for school and Peter goes to work Lilith made pizza and invited Emmy over, she was one of their friends in high school, Emmy realized she''s very attracted to Lilith but she's not a cheater. At least not with her, hasn't seen Dirk in a while.
    snapshot_6459dadc_445ab176_zpscenxatrc.jpg
    While Tony stayed home doing homework with the baby sitter they bought him some new clothes and went out to eat.
    snapshot_6459dadc_e45ab5dc_zpszwnqjo5k.jpg
    Before finding out that Lilith was pregnant Peter adopted Abbey, she's a very sweet dog.

Sometimes I forget how much fun I had with this game when I was younger, even a simple night is fun :smile:
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top