Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hard to get good looking sims born in game?

Comments

• AnaCecilia63AnaCecilia63 Posts: 190 Member
    edited November 2014
    Most of the sims here look so good, (I specially like @SimpleIntoxication avatar sim and her family :) ) But I have a question: why do most of the sim faces in game look so dark? Not talking about skin color but about the lighting, it's so poor. Sad, 'cause the sims would look much better under proper lighting. No offense, I got the same issue with the sims in my laptop game, not in my PC though. Ok, I don't mean to derail this thread, so if anyone knows of a solution to the issue, just please link me to it. Nice sims everyone, anyway! :)
    My Tumblr
    My Blog
    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win". ~ Mahatma Gandhi.
  • LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    Most of the sims here look so good, (I specially like @SimpleIntoxication avatar sim and her family :) ) But I have a question: why do most of the sim faces in game look so dark? Not talking about skin color but about the lighting, it's so poor. Sad, 'cause the sims would look much better under proper lighting. No offense, I got the same issue with the sims in my laptop game, not in my PC though. Ok, I don't mean to derail this thread, so if anyone knows of a solution to the issue, just please link me to it. Nice sims everyone, anyway! :)

From what I've read, it's usually caused by laptops being forced to do more than they can handle. The lighting is set on the highest setting and the Sims are set on the highest settings, it results in the Sim being dark indoors.

I don't know for sure since I don't have this problem.

I do have areas in the house that are dark (some windows make the interiors darker) but that's different since it is easily corrected by using different windows or the lowest wall settings.

I've noticed lately that my Sims are having their skin "blown out". Blinding white patches on parts of their skin, I have my in-game lighting at the highest setting so I may need to lower it.

From what I've read, it's usually caused by laptops being forced to do more than they can handle. The lighting is set on the highest setting and the Sims are set on the highest settings, it results in the Sim being dark indoors.

I do have areas in the house that are dark (some windows make the interiors darker) but that's different since it is easily corrected by using different windows or the lowest wall settings.

I've noticed lately that my Sims are having their skin "blown out". Blinding white patches on parts of their skin, I have my in-game lighting at the highest setting so I may need to lower it.

You're right, the sims look dark indoors only. And I have my settings in Ultra, so maybe I should lower them a little, but how do I do this without getting those horrible jagged edges? (Sorry I'm being OT again).

My Tumblr
    My Blog
    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win". ~ Mahatma Gandhi.
  • LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited November 2014

You're right, the sims look dark indoors only. And I have my settings in Ultra, so maybe I should lower them a little, but how do I do this without getting those horrible jagged edges? (Sorry I'm being OT again).

There is a thread, I think in the tech forum here. That has the various graphic cards and what their settings should be. Mine is rated at a medium-high so I did a custom setting to reflect that. I have everything on medium, Sims on high, lighting on the highest settings. There are two check boxes, I forget the names....I have those checked.

I would just mess around with the graphic settings till you found something you can tolerate.

There are a bunch of windows that make rooms darker, if you start having dark interiors because of adjusting to make the Sims lighter? Choose the right windows, use the lowest wall setting, and "hide" lights throughout the house (I put them over doors, windows, and hiding under cabinets). Some lights give off more light than others, again it's just a process of trial and error to figure out how to put the in-game graphics so you can see inside and your Sims aren't dark.

Anyways, I don't see any difference in graphic quality by lowering my settings and the Sims aren't dark (like I said, the only annoying thing is that the rooms themselves will have dark corners so I have to use a bunch of lights).

ETA: Post in the tech forum, then we won't be taking this thread OT and stuff, lol.
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited November 2014
    I dont know you tell me . all 3 of these were born in game to different families . i think they look good

10sfyf7.jpg
  • JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited November 2014
    I've only had one child so far and she's almost a copy of her mother!...Not sure if that's a good thing, I'd like more diversity. She looks nothing like her father. But I actually think she is prettier then her mother! Mother is on the left, daughter on the right.
    64fhxd.jpg

There is a thread, I think in the tech forum here. That has the various graphic cards and what their settings should be. Mine is rated at a medium-high so I did a custom setting to reflect that. I have everything on medium, Sims on high, lighting on the highest settings. There are two check boxes, I forget the names....I have those checked.

I would just mess around with the graphic settings till you found something you can tolerate.

There are a bunch of windows that make rooms darker, if you start having dark interiors because of adjusting to make the Sims lighter? Choose the right windows, use the lowest wall setting, and "hide" lights throughout the house (I put them over doors, windows, and hiding under cabinets). Some lights give off more light than others, again it's just a process of trial and error to figure out how to put the in-game graphics so you can see inside and your Sims aren't dark.

Anyways, I don't see any difference in graphic quality by lowering my settings and the Sims aren't dark (like I said, the only annoying thing is that the rooms themselves will have dark corners so I have to use a bunch of lights).

ETA: Post in the tech forum, then we won't be taking this thread OT and stuff, lol.

Thanks for the tips! I will try all of them. I'll look as well in the tech forum. Yeah, gotta stop hijacking this thread, lol. Thanks so much. ;)

My Tumblr
    My Blog
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    my most recent in game birth.. He turned out beautiful! <3
    11-23-14_7-30nbspPM-2_zps5c6a1c6e.png
    11-23-14_7-30nbspPM_zps07dfddd5.png
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Make a Justin Bieber sim and make him have kids :D

tumblr_mesgrcSoy11qkl6vto1_500.gif
    2yu3sw37748.gif
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Sims defiantly look better in Sims 4! (just my opinion)
    He/Him
  • MissBMissB Posts: 323 Member
    Some of my kids turned out nice, others ugly... but my ugly kids usually have a parent with something ugly as well! One of my sim married Alexander Goth so I was worried about getting ugly kids but the twins (boy and girl) are very cute. They look more like their mom!
    Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go play sims.
  • CookieGalCookieGal Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2015
    o:) I have very good luck with my kids i my opinion :*
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I've noticed that a simple beauty could remains for generations but some exotic facial traits, that most of us think it's gorgeous, when mixed with other genes results in gods or monsters, and hardly is the first one.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    shellbeme wrote: »
    I LOVE them! You make excellent sims with features I would never get to work, but all yours have faces I won't forget, that's why I love them. You should upload them to the gallery :D
    Anna and Winklecheek aren't my creations, but I really like them.
    I plan to upload my legacy Sims after they die though.
    Gotta protect their intellectual property! lol
    Was checking out your page a while back and thoroughly enjoyed it, nicely done!
  • KAYLANDAKAYLANDA Posts: 19 Member
    My sims are always good looking or at least average, but my kids almost never turn out looking decent when their older. I always get adorable kids, but they look terrible when they grow up. Glad to see there are others with this problem and not just me. The Sims 4 exaggerates kid's features, so it's hard for me to tell what they'll look like when they're older.
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I make the worst looking sims so those born in game are better than mine.
  • siennaSTARsiennaSTAR Posts: 739 Member
    I'm late to the party, but whoever said all children look the same clearly hasn't seen my fraternal twins!

wbgFU7Y.png
  • buzz_infamousbuzz_infamous Posts: 814 Member
    in my opinion children usually look plain. some of them are really cute, but usually i judge only after they turn into teens. i always look forward to having unique looking sims :)
    Origin ID: minimalcanary
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Maybe your parent sims are not that pretty as you think they are?

Haha ok sorry, but i had to say that.
    Anyway i remember how weird ts3 toddlers were looking when i had one or two good looking parents and the father had a strong jawline. The toddlers would have that too! Like seriously? They are supposed to have more baby face and soft features. If i can find a pic, i will show it, it was pretty funny.
  • lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    I make small tweaks and use CC if the kids come out weird. I just consider the tweaks as, "they had some work done" :D
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• HannahcleolaHannahcleola Posts: 252 Member
    The reason I play sims is im so entertained by watching how the genetics will get passed down thoughout the generations. I will spend a hour or so creating my leagacy sims for starting a family. I will use in CAS the random baby option multiple times to see how there children will look as a boy or a girl. If any "unattractive" features are being passed down I will tweak the parents look until I get the children in the random selection to look how id like. I will play with that one family for atleast 5 generations, only have had edited the legacies family ancestors. All the sims that carry on the legacy are my born in game and are GORGEOUS and not edited in way! Oh how I wish I was a member so I could post photos to show you all! Well thst being saif I hope that helped, thats my strategy on making beautiful born in game sims o:)
  • tionie2111tionie2111 Posts: 36 New Member
    I personally think that the baby my sim couple had is adorable.
  • Rosana95Rosana95 Posts: 1 New Member
    All my sims are born good looking in the game but with terrible fashion sense lol even when they are unplayed households
  • namine39namine39 Posts: 41 Member
    tbh its been fair for me, there will be times where they are like drop dead gorgious, and then there are times wehre they are umm.. interesting looking. and then average. but in my legacy challenege so far. my sims have been stunning. my founder had 7 kids, and 4 out of those kids had stunning children and they married townies xDDD guess that its just luck.
  • NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    edited October 2016
    Here are some Lothario family selfies! XD.
    Dad- Don Lothario, mom my sim Kassidy.

Aria and Dad:
    659K2xGl.png

Aria and Mom:
    fHSMW1ll.png

Delilah and Dad:
    EjaRZ5Al.png

Delilah and Mom:
    kCUo16Tl.png

Their little sis Bethany aged up too-
    3s1hHsVl.png

Before age up of girls*:
    sCzfbUR.png?1

Now
    eLx62Yrl.png

Born in game ;). I really love how their genetics turned out! <3.
    Post edited by NShippudenFan on
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202