Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Legendary Legacy COMPLETED!!

Comments

• DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    Congratulations @KlrSims
  • FeiledamFeiledam Posts: 4 New Member
    @JackOnYourBack said:
    Good luck! Yeah it cost a lot of money, I had them all enter the same career (business) so I could speed to time both when they were at work and sleept. I removed the roof and put them up there after that they never came down to bother me just hung out up there XD I also played without money cheat so they lived in a crappy small house and had to sleep outside for all the beds to fit. It makes it a lot harder especially with the fee for adoption.
    Again, good luck! And remember the achievement might not trigger when you reach 100 put 101 or similar, so don't stop right away =D

lol, I don't even have a house. I will post a picture soon.

When they take too much time to die I place them in the technical career because that one earns the most money on the lowest level.
  • HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    edited April 2016
    This is soo cool! :o I would try it, but I don't have the patience :D Congrats!

Edit: Typo.
  • LarLynJLarLynJ Posts: 353 Member
    That's awesome! I barely get passed 2nd generation before I get bored with the family.
  • sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    Just a quick note to anyone else that is wanting to do this achievement.... If you want to change a sims appearance, go into manage worlds and then edit household. From the test I did, you don't lose progress. My alphabet legacy doesn't record my progress, but there is another achievement that does for 10 generations and it didn't lose progress when I edited my 1st gens looks in manage world.

Thank you for that tip! Does anyone know if entering CAS or moving to a new lot still messes up the counter?
    Holy cats! When I designed it, I never expected anyone to actually complete it. I just thought it would be useful to be able to use the achievement progress counter to see how far you've gotten.
    @SimGuruDaniel , do you know if the counter has been repaired or made more stable?

• SimGuruDanielSimGuruDaniel Posts: 220 SimGuru
    I am unaware of any changes to the achievement tracking. Are there specific issues with the tracking that you guys are aware of?
    edited May 2016
    @SimGuruDaniel Thank you so much for replying! I have been wanting to try some of the legacy achievements for so long, but the way the counter operates, or doesn't, has kept me from doing so.

This the information I have gathered from other players

1. Entering CAS to do anything will reset the counter. (Except by using tip 4)
    2. Moving the legacy family to another lot will reset the counter.
    3. Generations need to die while living on the lot (not sure if this means they need to specifically die on the lot?) or they wont "count".
    4. Sims in the legacy family can be safely modified by going through "manage worlds", then edited, without resetting the counter.
    5. After generation 26 there is no way to track your progress so you don't know whether or not the counter has reset.

I still do not know if aging has to be on for the counter to work? Just thought about that question this morning. @KlrSims I saw that you played with aging on fast. Did you ever try with aging off and did the counter work?
    Post edited by sooozeeebeee on
    @KlrSims did you have to keep urns or tombstones on the lot? I'm trying to put all the information a player needs to do the legacy achievement on one page since this is such a difficult achievement to accomplish with the counter being so easily reset.
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Sounds interesting. Would love to give this a try however I'm deterred by the fact that you can't use CAS or travel.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    This really stops me to. although I am playing rotational and generations, I do travel with them, and take them into CAS a lot. so from what I understand everytime this happens my counter stops or restarts.
  • lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    @KlrSims you can screenshot by pressing c btw
  • Sim ShadySim Shady Posts: 297 Member
    Omg this is so late but congratulations!! :smiley: I'd love to be able to complete this myself some day. <3
    duck.jpg
  • YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    If the relationship panel only recognizes 5 generations and any after Sims don't consider them relatives then what's the point of going past generation 5? Why would creators even put an achievement like this in the game knowing it's half baked?
  • TinaLoyTinaLoy Posts: 4 New Member
    KlrSims wrote: »
    Do you have to keep them on the same lot or can you move them around for this achievement? I'm nowhere near it, but was wondering. Does your family tree show all the way back to the founder(s)?

GREAT QUESTION! you must keep them on the same lot and you cannot enter Create A Sim!!! I WIPES OUT all your work!! I got to like generation 18(ish) when I went into CAS and moved to a new lot and it wiped it out!!!! No sadly it doesn't show more then 4 maybe 5 generations...after that it's like they don't recognize them as a family member.

I've been wondering why it said that I was at the 6th generation when in my family tree I was at the 10th ! Now I know that it was because I moved to another town around that time ! Thanks for that answer ! I thought it was a bug !
    I am unaware of any changes to the achievement tracking. Are there specific issues with the tracking that you guys are aware of?

@SimGuruDaniel giving the Legendary Legacy it's own counter so that players can keep track up to 100 generations would be HUGE!
  • cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    I have 15 sims in my library all at generation 9 (then I started a brand new game load one of the Sims into that new game made the sims have a baby and it came up with Legacy player completed) ( so how does the counter reset?) thanks
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    I have 15 sims in my library all at generation 9 (then I started a brand new game load one of the Sims into that new game made the sims have a baby and it came up with Legacy player completed) ( so how does the counter reset?) thanks

Yes. Sadly. Sorry.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    to sooozeeebeee it dosen matter with aging on or off the counter still work I do know because I play with aging off all the time
    I will be doing the all legacy on a brand new game I will be starting with one of my Sims from my library that all ready at generation 9 thank
    I will be doing the all legacy on a brand new game I will be starting with one of my Sims from my library that all ready at generation 9 thank

good luck. I started with aging on, but then decided to play with it off to help prevent the save file from getting bloated with ghosts and generated townies or NPCs that replace ones that die.

My current question is do you have to leave urns or tombstones on the legacy lot in order for them to stay counted? Will culling ghosts or deleting them through world editor effect the counter? If you find this out I would love to know.

That is actually good information to know and something I have not seen or heard of yet. I am guessing that you did NOT edit in CAS in anyway before placing them in your new game? Is that correct?
  • CroxycookCroxycook Posts: 239 Member
    Congratulations! This is pretty incredible!

In fact, you've inspired me to try a speed version of it. Aging only through in game means. Only cheats for money, once, and getting a big enough house. After that none. No death cheats to make room. Just good old fashioned deviant play.
    edited July 2016
    to sooozeeebeee no I don't have any urns or tombstones I do and have been in CAS through manage households but saying that in a new game when I click on menu and achievements then player feats then stroll down to legacy player (the progress says 9/10 one other thing Is that in Oasis Springs I have 20 lots all with houses and 2 sims in them all that a total of 40 sims and all at Generations 9 that in one save game then I go to manage households and go into CAS save them to my library I do not edit in CAS then I go to documents then to The sims 4 folder and remove the folder called save to another hard drive so I have a back up of it then I start a new game and load in any of the sims that at Generations 9 Thank
    Post edited by cheifeagleeye on
    @cheifeagleeye thank you. One of the problems many people have with attempting any of the legacy achievements is that the save file gets so bloated before completion and sometimes the save gets corrupted. It would be very helpful to be able to place your legacy family in the library without loosing progress and start a new game if needed, or even if the player just wanted too. It could also be a roundabout way to "move" to a new house, lot, or neighborhood as well. I guess I should actually ask. When you start a new game do you place your sims in the same lots or move them around?
    edited July 2016
    has I said before I have 15 Sims in my library at gen 9 (I have just completed Legacy leader this is what I did in my game I started a new game and loaded. first sim got the sim to have a male baby age the baby to young adult. Then I load the next sims on a new lot then taker the Sims to the lot were the male sims is, make sure the female sim pregnant take the sim home and give birth to male baby, then age the baby up to young adult so now you should have two lots with two sims on each lot. When finish you will end up with ten lot with only 20 sim in the game and deleted all homeless sims in the game to keep the numbers of sims down in game thanks (I DO NOT GO TO CAS AT ALL) Thank.

What I am now working on is the Alphabet Legacy
    Post edited by cheifeagleeye on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top