March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers

Comments

• crystaldacitycrystaldacity Posts: 79 Member
    id like them to add a vacuum cleaner and when the parents are hoovering,id like the toddlers to be able to sit on the hoover and giggle like mad when the parents move it around, id also like them to be able to cling onto their parents legs even while they are walking xD all these ideas are fantastic, oh, how i wish that the gurus that will programme the toddlers take a little read here, some ideas are so funny! and i agree with some people, i want tantrums, breaking dolls, scribbling on older siblings homework, scribbling the wall, clicking random things on laptops/tablets. and changing the channel while parents are watching tv, and an active daycare... where you SEE your toddler, also, best thing, drawing with their fingers on windows (if they can reach) and mirrors, so that their parents would have to clean up the marks, and sd i mentioned, when they are potty trained, no more diapers! a normal "accident" embarassed moodlet and everything! id also like them to be able to use adult chairs/couches/beds (they would climb up) and special seating so they can sit on the toilet ( you would have to buy a step and a seating) when they are potty trained, id like a few stages actually, there they are: 1: toddler in the learning potty stage, they often have accidents and still need diapers (which cause no embarrased moodlets until stage 2) 2: they can use the potty!, they have accidents rarely (will get embarassed when do so!) will become "confident" and "focused" when suceed using the potty by themselves and if someone with a low relationship level see them use it they will become tense sad scared and embarassed. 3: they are learning between the potty and toilet. they use toilet using their special step and seating, but sometimes take the lazy way out and use the potty nearby. they are also learning how to properly wash their hands (using a toddler sink, or a real one with a step) at this stage, which makes them angry,because they dont like doing it, and if they dont wash their hands (they wont automatically wash them like normal sims) theres is a 1/10 chance after eating (or chewing their hands/thumbs) they will get a "tummy bug" which will cause them to vomit on the floor (or toilet if they make it) and be all tired sad and crying, the more often they dont wash their hands before bathtime the more the chances of tummy bug increase. at the end of the day the toddlers would get a bath by their parents. the parents would put a small toddler bath in the bath or just bathe them in the bath. if no bath was present, they could use the baby bath itself. id also like the toddlers to wear a cute bunny robe automatically after a bath, and will stay wearing it until the player chooses to change outfit (while in this robe, the parents wont autonomously change their outfit) and the robe will be availible for CAS only after the toddler had 100 baths (there would be no cheats to get it any other way!). id also like them to be jelous and that they wont talk to their parents if they get a new sibling in the family. i have tons of ideas, but i just cant name them ALL, anyways, happy simming fellow simmers! may dolly the llama be with you <3
    Hello! I'm Crystaldacity. I love the sims! <3
  • MayleeMaylee Posts: 80 Member
    > @JoyfulSims said:
    > Apparently not clearly enough for me because I didn't see it. I must be blind.
    > Didn't mean to derail the thread, I thought it was open for discussion. Apologies.

No worries, I'm like that too. I don't pay attention all the time.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Maylee wrote: »
    > @JoyfulSims said:
    > Apparently not clearly enough for me because I didn't see it. I must be blind.
    > Didn't mean to derail the thread, I thought it was open for discussion. Apologies.

No worries, I'm like that too. I don't pay attention all the time.

Don't worry your not alone, a lot of players sometimes make that mistake but this thread is a sticky thread so it works differently I guess :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    > @king_of_simcity7 said:
    > Maylee wrote: »
    >
    > > @JoyfulSims said:
    > > Apparently not clearly enough for me because I didn't see it. I must be blind.
    > > Didn't mean to derail the thread, I thought it was open for discussion. Apologies.
    >
    > No worries, I'm like that too. I don't pay attention all the time.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Don't worry your not alone, a lot of players sometimes make that mistake but this thread is a sticky thread so it works differently I guess :smile:

Yup. I get to tired of doing that, though.
    > @beville said:
    > Hope they are being released this year!! ;)

same!!!
    We hope
  • JoyfulSimsJoyfulSims Posts: 287 Member
    I just missed the part where that was said since it's on the bottom on the first post and there's a lot of text there. It is in bold though so it's entirely my fault, there's no excuse. Apologies again.

Then again, if toddlers are released I definitely would play with them and the sims 2 toddlers were super cute. I just hate to hear babies and toddlers crying, something in my inside always forces me to instantly care for them. I did like the daycare though for some odd reason and I'd like them to implement that and adapt it to the way GTW careers work, that would be superb. I also liked how other sims could teach the toddlers how to use the potty, walk and talk. It would be cool if that could be implemented as well. And some of the actions mentioned by you guys do make me feel like they could be implemented in a meaningful way.

I hope with that I've brought the thread back on topic and paid for my mistake :)
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @JoyfulSims no worries and I like your ideas :)
  • EmoSasukeEmoSasuke Posts: 3 New Member
    I have no idea if anyone has suggested this yet.... but I came to think of a funny thing that often happens with small children like babies and toddlers. And that is if there's changing tables, that you can change both babies and toddlers and sometimes (especially with boys) there will be an "accident" and the sim thats changing on the baby/toddler gets wet and a disgusted moodlet, and somtimes maybe the baby/toddler will laugh at their parents reaction sometimes but dont care other times, it's random. :smile: :smiley: :D

I'm sorry for any mistakes, it's really early here where I live and I've been up all night. :smile:
    > @EmoSasuke said:
    > I have no idea if anyone has suggested this yet.... but I came to think of a funny thing that often happens with small children like babies and toddlers. And that is if there's changing tables, that you can change both babies and toddlers and sometimes (especially with boys) there will be an "accident" and the sim thats changing on the baby/toddler gets wet and a disgusted moodlet, and somtimes maybe the baby/toddler will laugh at their parents reaction sometimes but dont care other times, it's random. :smile: :smiley: :D
    >
    > I'm sorry for any mistakes, it's really early here where I live and I've been up all night. :smile:

Hmm don't seem like I can edit for some reason so I'll add this here:

It's/was my first (and this is my second) post! :D

And I thought about strollers as I saw several people mention them, and then thought about strollers for twins/tripplets, like those really big two/three-seat strollers so they can take several babies/toddlers out at the same time, and also "mix" babies and toddlers in the same stroller, like a baby in one seat and a toddler in the other. Andwhen you have both a baby and a toddler the baby can have like a "bed" so they can lay down in the stroller meanwhile the toddler sits in the other seat and then the parents can go out for walks with both their toddlers and babies at the same time! :) And then maybe even have a four-seat stroller if you have 4 kids as the biggest stroller you can have. (Or just the three-seated.). :)

Sorry again for any spelling mistakes and/or weird phrasing. xD I am super tired from being up so long. xD
    *triplets
  • RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
    I love and support fully all of these amazing ideas everyone has worked hard on coming up with. I hope toddlers will be the next expansion pack!!
    @RubyxAngel same, they did post out a survey for ppl to vote what expansion-packs they want, generations was one of them... i hope the lucky people who got the survey said they want toddlers, not superheroes, i dont care about open world or cars, since cars would work like this: *get into car* *drive for 2 seconds* *LOADING SCREEN* *drive for 2 seconds* *get out of car* since, they would only drive the size of the lot, UNLESS the road would be open world, so that you can drive on it, but loading screen only when you actually enter the lot (kind of like the fishing spots and random picnic areas, which have no loading screens since theyve no lot)
  • RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
    @RubyxAngel same, they did post out a survey for ppl to vote what expansion-packs they want, generations was one of them... i hope the lucky people who got the survey said they want toddlers, not superheroes, i dont care about open world or cars, since cars would work like this: *get into car* *drive for 2 seconds* *LOADING SCREEN* *drive for 2 seconds* *get out of car* since, they would only drive the size of the lot, UNLESS the road would be open world, so that you can drive on it, but loading screen only when you actually enter the lot (kind of like the fishing spots and random picnic areas, which have no loading screens since theyve no lot)

I agree it would be a complete waste of time to focus on cars. Theres not much you can even do with cars where as you can play entire new games based on toddlers! Lets hope they don't make their decision on surveys but rather what the public have been suggesting.
    @RubyxAngel yep, and only a small group of random people got the surveys, and i HOPE its not the people who dont like toddlers, pray to the holy llama and plumbob xD
    i actually really want the generations ep for sims 4, theres supposed to be pre-teens there too, which is good, since you cant really make 11-12 year olds, there not real teens but not kids either, so, for people that age that want to make their simself have a problem (i do and i cant make myself since the sims 4 kids act immature, but teens are too, eh tall and adult-styled)
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Keep Hope Alive
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Guys!!! I had one of those dreams about toddlers coming . Idk if this means anything except that I really want toddlers. ;):)
    i actually really want the generations ep for sims 4, theres supposed to be pre-teens there too, which is good, since you cant really make 11-12 year olds, there not real teens but not kids either, so, for people that age that want to make their simself have a problem (i do and i cant make myself since the sims 4 kids act immature, but teens are too, eh tall and adult-styled)

I agree.
  • Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    If we get toddlers I hope we'll be able to take them to the resaurants! Parents should be able to bring their babies too (I know it's not possible).
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Krisha880 wrote: »
    If we get toddlers I hope we'll be able to take them to the resaurants! Parents should be able to bring their babies too (I know it's not possible).
    That's one thing I really hope they add in if toddlers ever come I need a highchair or booster seat option for restaurants.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    If only babies were not tied to their bassinet, we could make groups for sims on maternity leave, so they could go together to the park or cafés or the art museums, and then when the babies grow into toddlers (if we ever get them), they could have play groups! *get's emotional* :'(
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    That's one thing I really hope they add in if toddlers ever come I need a highchair or booster seat option for restaurants.
    I hope so too. I think it is something that could tie with the pack later on. I couldn't up but imagine little ones in highchairs and booster seats myself too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • KAYLANDAKAYLANDA Posts: 19 Member
    If only babies were not tied to their bassinet, we could make groups for sims on maternity leave, so they could go together to the park or cafés or the art museums, and then when the babies grow into toddlers (if we ever get them), they could have play groups! *get's emotional* :'(

I agree, but at least their not on the floor/ground. That was always annoying.
  • KAYLANDAKAYLANDA Posts: 19 Member
    EmoSasuke wrote: »
    > @EmoSasuke said:
    > I have no idea if anyone has suggested this yet.... but I came to think of a funny thing that often happens with small children like babies and toddlers. And that is if there's changing tables, that you can change both babies and toddlers and sometimes (especially with boys) there will be an "accident" and the sim thats changing on the baby/toddler gets wet and a disgusted moodlet, and somtimes maybe the baby/toddler will laugh at their parents reaction sometimes but dont care other times, it's random. :smile::smiley::D
    >
    > I'm sorry for any mistakes, it's really early here where I live and I've been up all night. :smile:

Hmm don't seem like I can edit for some reason so I'll add this here:

It's/was my first (and this is my second) post! :D

And I thought about strollers as I saw several people mention them, and then thought about strollers for twins/tripplets, like those really big two/three-seat strollers so they can take several babies/toddlers out at the same time, and also "mix" babies and toddlers in the same stroller, like a baby in one seat and a toddler in the other. Andwhen you have both a baby and a toddler the baby can have like a "bed" so they can lay down in the stroller meanwhile the toddler sits in the other seat and then the parents can go out for walks with both their toddlers and babies at the same time! :) And then maybe even have a four-seat stroller if you have 4 kids as the biggest stroller you can have. (Or just the three-seated.). :)

Sorry again for any spelling mistakes and/or weird phrasing. xD I am super tired from being up so long. xD

Yeah! The strollers could have different seatings (1 seat, 2 seat, 3 seat). And one for the baby to lay in, also different seatings. I think we should also be able to leave them in the stroller until we pick them up, the stroller will just move back into the inventory.