Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GHMV: MURDERER REVEALED

KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
WELCOME TO GRAND HOTEL MONTE VISTA!

Seven Sims were invited to a culinary competition being held at a luxurious Italian hotel located in the beautiful, seemingly peaceful countryside of Monte Vista, with three gourmet critics and four contestants, what these sims are not aware of is that one of them is secretly adjusting his/her schedule to begin a massacre. Would this supposed competition still continue after more and more being slaughtered?

Obviously not.

What your sims would try to do is to build trust among themselves, for this show requires players to work in close co-operation as a whole in order to survive and to unmask the true identity of our murderer before it gets too late.

We have THREE main types of characters this time:

1. THE MURDERER
    (One randomly selected real-life participants)
    Is able to kill two people per day within two rounds: 'afternoon' and 'night'. The sequence of killing order would have to be: round 'afternoon kill' followed by 'night kill' and proceeding another round of 'afternoon' before another 'night kill begins so on and so forth. The murderer's ultimate goal is to eliminate all possible threads that leads to his/her identity being revealed by killing all other players to win.
  2. THE GUESTS
    (The other six remaining real-life participants)
    It is important for them to unite and work together as a group (this is not a Big-Brother style house-war so please do not fight for power here!) and try their best to unmask the murderer when they are still alive.
  3. NPCs
    (including room butlers, the hotel manager and the host)
    They are not directly controllable players but play a rather important role as an indicator of what the murderer's plan is up to. (As I would explain it later)

So this show is basically made up of FOUR main components:
  • Hotel Committee of Hospitality (HCH) Quiz
    Every day in the morning (in game), the surviving players would need to complete the quiz being sent out via email to them hoping to score above the murderer to get immunity, as those with scores below than the murderer may be killed later in the afternoon.

If the murderer happens to score lower than the majority of the group, for example, there are in total eight of them at the beginning, if our murderer's score of a Hotel Committee of Hospitality Quiz is at the fifth place or even lower, as mentioned before, those behind the murderer could still be murdered but not those ahead on points. What's more, in this case where the murderer is below the average score, the team would earn a random clue that may lead us to the murderer's identity. The top three scorers (every player, including the murderer) of the HCH quiz would receive a grant from the Hotel Committee of Hospitality:

• top place: 1,000 Simoleons compensate
    • second place: 800 Simoleons compensate
    • third place: 500 Simoleons compensate

Prior to their staying at this Hotel, they were given a total of 2,500 Simoleons each by the Hotel Committee of Hospitality as a reward for booking their rooms in advance.

Each player may then choose to telephone the HCH room service hotline from their bedroom to hire the following services:
    HCH Room Service Hotline | Always At Your Service <3
    • Exotic Durian Pizza: 70 Simoleons
    • Breakfast-in-Bed for those who do not have free B-I-B service included in their room should pay for an extra fee of 50 Simoleons
    • Single bed upgrade to Boston double bed: 3,000 Simoleons
    • Morning call, free of charge
    • Laundry service, 30 Simoleons
    • A super lock that keeps the murderer outside your room: 699,999,999 Simoleons 100,000,000 Simoleons (YOU SAVE 86%!!!) :P

• Afternoon Assassination (Not Applicable to Night Kill!)

The murderer is blood-thirsty, always eager to regain the excitement of slaughtering sims as they'll try to kill someone off every day. The murderer is able to choose the following roles for removal:
    • Those who scored lower than the murderer in the Committee Quiz
    • Economists
    • Twilight Fans

NOTE:The murderer is only able to kill ONE sim per 'afternoon kill' round. For the other players' sake we only have six guests to be killed in total so it shall be the maximum quota.

• The Vote

After every player has submitted their answer to the HCH quiz to me via email, they will be asked to vote for whomever they think is the murderer. They would need to include their TOP TWO suspects in their list. The final answer obtained from the player would then be transferred to the murderer, who will then decide who to murder that afternoon. (Notice that the one he/she is allowed to murder must be the one who scores lower than him/her in the HCH quiz only, which by the time the result of the HCH would be delivered to the murderer for him/her to make further decision. If the murderer, fortunately for the majority, scores the lowest of all, all contestants would gain immunity that afternoon)
chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
._.
Post edited by Kelvin on

Comments

• KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    edited December 2016
    • The Room-Sharing Policy, Night Kill and other NPCs

The Room-Sharing Policy is probably the most noticeable feature of this interactive series. During the nighttime, the murderer will select one person to kill. Notice that the night kill is independent of the afternoon kill and the following conditions may apply:

For example, Cathy and Mary are the two players out of eight.

Each of them has been allocated to separate rooms at the beginning. (With or without a butler, an NPC introduced in this series)

After the first murder (afternoon kill), they would be given the following options:

• to stay in their rooms alone, or
      • to share rooms with another contestant for only ONE night by sending out invitations/request to ME! Do NOT post it on the forum page. However, contestants can ONLY spend night with different people each time. (But NOT switching rooms as it is strictly prohibited by the Hotel Committee of Hospitality)

The Result You're Likely to Receive From the Mediator, aka me, after all real-life players have responded to their offers or have made decisions for the night:
      • Invitation/Request Accepted (you're allowed to and must share the room with the person that night, I will NOT allow any change beyond this point)
      • Invitation/Request Denied
        1. whether the person is currently sharing his/her room with someone else, or
        2. the person does not want to share the room with you, or
        3. the person is not able to share room with you because he/she has already gone to another person's room for sleepover (and that would be considered as room switching if the person lets you in, which severely violates the relevant HCH regulations)

NOTE 1: I will not be able to tell you any further reason behind the result of his/her response as stated above but please do not hesitate to ask me any questions if you're uncertain about what to do :D

NOTE 2: NO ONE (including the murderer) would be informed of who's sharing room with whom until the publication of the episode. This is a very important note to all players: Please do your best to keep this information private among yourselves. I sincerely appreciate your co-operation! :smiley:

NOTE 3: Each room with a double bed* is able to occupy up to a maximum of two house guests (excluding the butler)

*notice that the room originally equipped with a single bed can be upgraded to a double bed with an additional charge of 3,000 Simoleons paid to the Hotel Committee of Hospitality as stated above, which then allows the room guest to invite or to accept roommates for the night; as a room with a single bed cannot occupy more than one sim. :warning: Any room-sharing request being sent to the guest who does not have a double bed would be recognised as invalid and your sim may NOT send another request that round.

Back to our example here, after the first murder in the afternoon, Mary is feeling a bit uncertain and wanted to share rooms with the other guests. (Like, Cathy, for example)

In order to share rooms, Mary needs to send me (ChocoCub) a request to apply for her stay at Cathy's room (please do not sent your request directly to the person who you're intending to stay with!) and I'll send her request to Cathy for Mary myself.

Cathy then receives Mary's request via me, the mediator. Cathy then needs to tell me whether she wanted to share the room with her or not. Cathy then needs to think really carefully before she decides, for it is crucial to her survival as I shall start to explain right now:

Scenario 1. Cathy accepts Mary as her roommate, Mary would then join Cathy in Cathy's room for one night only as regulated. Here are all the possible circumstances that might occur on that particular night:

-Given that Cathy's room is NOT equipped with a personal butler,
      • If Mary IS the murderer, the chance of Cathy being murdered is 100%.
      • If Mary is NOT the murderer AND the murderer selected to enter Cathy's room during the night, the chance of Cathy or Mary being murdered is 1/2 each.

-Given that Cathy's room is EQUIPPED with a personal butler,
      • If Mary IS the murderer, the chance of the butler being murdered is 1/2 which leaves Cathy being murdered to be 1/2 as well.
      • If Mary is NOT the murderer AND the murderer selected to enter Cathy's room during the night, the chance of the butler being killed is 1/3, the chance of Mary being killed is 1/3, the chance of Cathy being killed is also 1/3.

-Given that Mary's room is EQUIPPED with a butler AND the murderer (a contestant other than Cathy) chose to enter her room during the night*
      Whilst that night Mary is staying at Cathy's room, the room is left with Mary's personal butler, the possibility of the butler being killed would then be 100%. (In this case, Cathy has successfully avoided death by sharing room with Mary)

-Given that Mary's room is NOT equipped with a butler AND the murderer (a contestant other than Cathy) chose to enter her room during the night
      The room would be completely empty and NO ONE gets killed that night. (In this case, Cathy has successfully avoided death by sharing room with Mary as well)

So as you might have noticed, room sharing can be a life-saving decision but may result in early death as well. Room-Sharing is another way to disrupt the murderer's original plan if being carried out with great care.

*once again, the murderer is will NOT be informed of any of the room-changes among the players when he/she select which room to enter during the night unless someone sends an invitation to or/ receives a request from the murderer. In other words, the room selection of the murderer is completely independent of the room changes. :warning: So that's why submitting your request/invitation in public would NOT protect yourself from being killed by the murderer and I certainly forbid anyone to do so.

NOTE 4: (To the murderer)

The murderer has these options made available, which is slightly different from other normal guests':
      • to stay in the murderer's room (this is the only option available if the murderer accepts the guest's request of sleepover during the night), or
      • to share rooms with another contestant for only ONE night, however, the murderer, like other contestants, can ONLY spend night with different people each time. (But NOT switching rooms as it is strictly prohibited by the Hotel Committee of Hospitality) ALSO, the murderer can kill sims in this room ONLY. Or
      • If NO ONE sends request or invitation to the murderer, he/she can either choose one room to visit during the night for the hunt or to kill his/her personal butler in his/her own room (that is, if he/she has one equipped in the room)

Scenario 2. Cathy rejects Mary's request, therefore Mary then must stay at her room for the night as this would be her only option*. Here are all the possible circumstances that might occur on that particular night.

*notice that every contestant is only able to send out ONE invitation/request per night to the mediator. If your invitation/ request turns out to be unsuccessful, your sim must remain in their own rooms.

-Given that Mary's room is EQUIPPED with a personal butler AND the murderer chose to enter her room at night,
      The chance of the butler being killed is 1/2 which leaves the chance of Mary being killed to be 1/2 as well.

-Given that Mary's room does NOT have a butler AND the murderer chose to enter her room at night,
      The chance of Mary being killed would then be 100%.

So that's why the decision making can be very difficult as there is no guarantee that this person you're living under the same roof is not the murderer.

What if....
      1. Your request sent out has not been replied....

But someone has already invited you to his/her room for the night?

You'll have 2 options here:
        • accept the invitation AND you MUST share the room with that person that night WITH your request being automatically dropped.
        • deny the person's invitation AND you'll have to stay at your room that night
      2. Your request has been accepted...

But now someone has send me a note that he/she wants to stay in your room?
        • You MUST stay at the room you requested for the night AND decline whoever sent you the request, which means the person's request would then be unsuccessful.
      3. Your request has been declined...

But now someone has sent me a note that he/she wants to stay in your room?

You'll have 2 options here:
        • accept the person's invitation and stay at his/her room for the night
        • decline the person's invitation AND stay at your own room that night.

NOTE 5:

All invitations/requests I received as a mediator would then be transferred to the recipient player as soon as possible but sometimes it might take me a bit longer to respond so please bear with me and I promise I'll try my best to do my job here. (real dates of the initiation/request made each time would be included as well)
    Post edited by Kelvin on
    ._.
    edited May 2016
    • The End?

So how will we win this game against the murderer?

The daily Hotel Committee of Hospitality quiz would be cancelled immediately once all the guests have correctly identified who the murderer is via the voting system.

Instead, the number of remaining days till the end of the game would be given according to the number of innocent guests remaining minus one. (For instance, five remaining guests all correctly votes for the murderer results in four (5-1 easy maths!) days remaining till the end the game.

What the murderer would try to do is to continue the Night Kill via Room-Sharing with other people. Up to this point the results of whom being murdered overnight would be announced directly on the forum thread but the applications must still be sent via email to me, NOT on the forums*

*Again, please DO NOT post your request/invitation on the forum page! Anyone violating this rule would be force-eliminated without any excuse. If the one breaking this rule happens to be our dear murderer, this show ends immediately. :wink:
    ._.
    edited May 2016
    • Final Words (Confession Room Entry) aka CRE :P

Basically a DRE, where Real-life players submit what their sims are thinking at the moment, whether it's something like blah-blah or other things like their thoughts on who the killer is....

Or seriously, screw this murderer or how EA ruined my sims' lives. Whichever would be fine. :blush:
    Post edited by Kelvin on
    ._.
    edited January 2017

os%20homens_zpsdvqr3lzf.png

LET'S MOVE ON

Post edited by Kelvin on
    ._.
    edited December 2016
    CHOCOCUB'S SIMS 3 STORE HAIRSTYLE COLLECTION

I'm using this spoiler function to cram all the pictures together because they really take some time to load :#
    Thumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.png
    Post edited by Kelvin on
    ._.
    edited December 2016
    CHOCOCUB'S SIMS 3 STORE CLOTHING COLLECTION
    Thumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.pngThumbnail_128x128.png
    Post edited by Kelvin on
    ._.
    edited January 2017
    MEET THE CONTESTANTS

group-picture_2_orig.png

Spoilers below...

CURRENT GROUP PICTURE
    group-picture_2_orig.png

From left to right:
    • :mrgreen:Caleb Sanders by Turner [The Oreo Room]
    • :mrgreen:Candi McMullen by Alleen [Miss Bubble Gum's Reserve]
    • :mrgreen:Jacques Moreau by TSS [Connor's Suite]
    • :mrgreen:Helen Briatt by Vul [Sherri's Loft]
    • :mrgreen:Lysander Cline by Tiger [One With Nature]
    • :mrgreen:Mia Quinzel by Jake [The Velvet Suite]
    • :mrgreen:Oleg Dimitriov by Twiddle [The Treehouse]

CURRENT STORYLINE UPDATE: EPISODE 2 BEFORE I GO TO BED

Emoji Signs:

:mrgreen:STILL IN THE GAME/ I'VE GOT EVERTHING FROM YOU
    :anguished:WAITING FOR SOMETHING ELSE
    :cookie:YOU HAVE EARNED A BISCUIT!/ WARNING
    :cold_sweat:YOU WILL LIVE IN OUR MEMORY FOREVER
    :star:YOU HAVE WON A STAR!/ FORCE ELIMINATION

MEET THE NPCS

NPCs%20with%20names_zpsefqgzvgb.png

From left to right:
    • :mrgreen:Anouk Lindgren [the host]
    • :mrgreen:Paul Monte [butler]
    • :mrgreen:Giacomo Modena [hotel manager]
    • :mrgreen:Taylor Birmingham [butler]
    • :cold_sweat:Pamela Suzuki [butler]
    • :mrgreen:Olivia Negretta [butler]

Post edited by Kelvin on
    ._.
    edited January 2017
    I don't like it when being constrained but I guess I need them here anyway...

RULES TO FOLLOW!
    1. Be nice to other people on the thread
    2. Respect other player's sim/ decision made
    3. Do not take it personal when your sim got murdered, it's not you anyway
    4. You are allowed but it is not recommended to grieve over an NPC's death
    5. No god modding here
    6. Do not use swear words on this thread because I don't want this thread to be locked up by gurus
    7. This is just a game, being a loser is definitely not the end of the world. Life goes on, that is. :)
    8. Please be honest and do not cheat. I believe all of you guys are trustworthy players :)
    9. This is important! By declaring a reservation you understand that you will NOT submit your room-sharing invitation/request on this thread! I seriously don't want to force-eliminate anyone!
    10. If you have not submitted in your stuff for over a week without notifying me in advance (so that I may give you an extension/ a biscuit), I'll make decisions for you until you come back. (hopefully this won't be the case)
    11. This show introduces a three-biscuit system :smiley:

That is: :cookie: + :cookie: + :cookie: = :star: = force-elimination = good-bye

12. And this is the uppermost rule to follow: Have fun! :D

Post edited by Kelvin on
    ._.
    edited May 2016
    Reserved for the Hotel Committee of Hospitality Challenge
    Post edited by Kelvin on
    ._.
    edited January 2017
    CONTESTANTS' ACCOUNTS [UPDATED: HCH QUIZ NO.2]
    • Caleb Sanders: 3,500 Simoleons
    • Candi McMullen: 2,500 Simoleons
    • Helen Briatt: 3,300 Simoleons
    • Jacques Moreau: 3,000 Simoleons
    • Lysander Cline: 4,300 Simoleons
    • Mia Quinzel: 2,500 Simoleons
    • Oleg Dimitriov: 0 Simoleon

HCH ROOM SERVICE HOTLINE
    • Exotic Durian Pizza: 70 Simoleons
    • Breakfast-in-Bed for those who do not have free B-I-B service included in their room should pay for an extra fee of 50 Simoleons
    • Single bed upgrade to Boston double bed: 3,000 Simoleons
    • Morning call, free of charge
    • Laundry service, 30 Simoleons
    • A super lock that keeps the murderer outside your room: 699,999,999 Simoleons 100,000,000 Simoleons (YOU SAVE 86%!!!) :P[/quote]

Post edited by Kelvin on
    ._.
    edited December 2016
    Post edited by Kelvin on
    ._.
    edited May 2016
    You may now post... If you want to. :p
    Post edited by Kelvin on
    ._.
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    edited May 2016
    Hmm, sounds interesting. Will read the rules now. :3
    Banner.png
  • TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    Oh wow this looks really interesting. Give me an hour or two to read through it all lol.
  • x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    Reserve me please
    BTW, call me Jake.
    x_MG_x wrote: »
    Reserve me please

You got it. :)
    ._.
    edited May 2016
    My summmary of the gameplay:

Mornings: a quiz. Everybody scoring lower than murderer is eligible to be killed in the afternoon. If the murderer is bottom half, a clue will be released. Top 3 earns prizes.

Vote: each picks their top 2 suspects. The murderer receives the list for eventual targets to spot.

Afternoon: Murderer strikes

Invitations: Complicated: people invite others.

Night: Murderer picks player's room to enter and randomly kills someone in it. If it's empty, no deaths. If someone sleeps with murderer, they're 100% dead.

Ending: All players put the right murderer in their suspect list: number of guests - 1 = days left. The murderer gets to kill off only using night kills.

Note: DO NOT POST INVITATIONS ON THE THREAD OR ELSE FORCE-ELIMINATION WILL OCCUR!!
    Banner.png
    Nice summary! :p

I know the room-sharing part is rather complicated but I'm ready to answer questions so please do not hesitate to ask!
    ._.
    I think I get most of the hang of it. :)
    Banner.png
    edited May 2016
    Another question though: is the story supposed to be a live murder mystery (where they die for real), or are they just acting/playing it? (a movie, a TV-show etc.)
    Banner.png
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,722 Member
    Of course they die for real like locomotive ;)
    Alleenmens wrote: »
    Of course they die for real like locomotive ;)

Well, there was this real life US show named Whodunnit once. The killed off people just had to play dead. I've heard some mention it was quite cheesy.
    And Jetset 2 doesn't have actual deaths, despite there still being an Assassin.
    Banner.png
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,722 Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm bad in stuff like this.. I will be the first boot or kill... But I will be in if you need me... ;)
    Unless you're the murderer this time around. ;)
    Banner.png