Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reading Circles - For All Games!

Comments

• InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Can I join Circle E? I'm looking to catch up on longer works and I do surpass the 50 chapter minimum.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    edited May 2016
    Yeah! Could I join circle B please? :)

Am I too late?
    Post edited by Spottydog714 on
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    swcheppes wrote: »
    Yeah circle B, I have a feeling were going to be the rowdy bunch ;)

i have a feeling group be will have the most people.
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    @CathyTea we are supposed to create different threads for our circle once it's filled up right?
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    Well, I intended to sign up with circle B, since it has some works I already know and that would make my life easier... But I guess that's not an option anymore :lol: So what do I do now? Wait?
    Well, I intended to sign up with circle B, since it has some works I already know and that would make my life easier... But I guess that's not an option anymore :lol: So what do I do now? Wait?

I think there's a spot left...if not I'm cool with another person if the rest of the circle is cool :) Speaking as a reader of yours I think your be a great addition!
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    I am already following four and read their stories. For me is one more totally okay ;) The more the more fun right?
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    pronterus wrote: »
    Awesome! Now Circle D has us three @Meggles @eXokamikaze :) What should we call our circle?

I love this group already! :smiley:@Meggles, read as much or as little as you would like. No pressure whatsoever, and I'll be happy with whatever you can handle on your plate! <3

I'm leaning towards 'Fairy Vampiric Pigs', but I think you guys have better ideas. :D

FVP for short, lol!

As for LovelyKamikikazes I would also be okay with just Kamikazes - we're obviously dangerous, lol! (And I don't know how @pronterus feels about being lovely - although he is! ;) )

Both are fun ideas!
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited May 2016
    Ah well, since all the cool kids are doing it I don't wanna miss out on the fun. I'll join circle E :)
    Post edited by ThePlumbob on
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

You got your wish! Your fairygodmother smiled (and passed me a bowl of fresh sparkling blueberries!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    swcheppes wrote: »
    @CathyTea we are supposed to create different threads for our circle once it's filled up right?

Ok, @swcheppes ! Group B is now full! It is, of course, up to all of you if you want to add more! Just let me know!

So, your next step is to create a thread for your group and to come up with a name for the group. Use your thread to come up with your Circle expectations and agreements--you might post them there, just to have them listed clearly.

(These can be as formal or casual as you wish! Ours will probably be like, "Each week, read the new posts that the circle members make that week" and then we'll add any details as they come up. We'll probably keep ours both clear and casual! :) It's completely up to you, and the purpose of having the expectations and agreements is just to keep the group running smoothly.)

Once you get your name and your thread, let me know, and I'll link to them here from our first post!

You're also welcome to keep me informed as the membership of your group shifts, or as you recruit new members, and I can make updates as needed.

Use your thread for each circle member to announce new posts, and for anything else you want!

You've got a great group! Have fun! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Can I join Circle E? I'm looking to catch up on longer works and I do surpass the 50 chapter minimum.
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Ah well, since all the cool kids are doing it I don't wanna miss oit on the fun. I'll join circle E :)

I've got you both listed on Circle E! Think about what size you'd like your group to be, and then let me know if I need to add or remove slots. Feel free to recruit members anyway you want to (posts on your threads, PMs, etc.).

(I know I'm going to be a lurker of your group!)

Who in group B wants to make the thread? I'm not home but can do it later. Then we can discuss our name and all that jazz :D
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited May 2016
    CathyTea wrote: »
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Ah well, since all the cool kids are doing it I don't wanna miss out on the fun. I'll join circle E :)

I've got you both listed on Circle E! Think about what size you'd like your group to be, and then let me know if I need to add or remove slots. Feel free to recruit members anyway you want to (posts on your threads, PMs, etc.).

(I know I'm going to be a lurker of your group!)

I guess 4-5 people might work well, but I'm easy! What do you think @InfraGreen ?

One thing I was thinking about our group is that we'll initially just need to dedicate plenty of time on catching up with each other's stories - with this being the "long" stories gang - rather than trying to read everyone's new updates as they come. Hopefully once we know who's in the group we can put some sort of a structure in place :)

I'd recruit people but I can't think of anyone whose story I'd class as long that I'm not reading already - but I'm excited to find these stories through our circle :)
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Could I join circle B please?
    Awesome idea!

@CathyTea
    I posted to be in circle B on page 4, but you forgot to add me. Do I still fit in?

Could I join circle B please?
    Awesome idea!

@CathyTea
    I posted to be in circle B on page 4, but you forgot to add me. Do I still fit in?

Oh, great! Thanks for the reminder! I'm sure you still fit! I had you there in my mind already, and I bet that the other group members did, too!

Circle B is a BIG group, but I think you're all reading each other's work already, so it should be great! It's like a party!

Did I miss anyone else? Let me know if you've signed up but you don't see your name on the first page Circle lists!

• cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    I'd like to join this reading circles thing, but I don't seem to belong in any of the circles...

I've sent a PM to a few people on the forum, and I'm hoping to get a response.

Either way, I'm interested, so I'm making my interest known!
    I'd like to join this reading circles thing, but I don't seem to belong in any of the circles...

I've sent a PM to a few people on the forum, and I'm hoping to get a response.

Either way, I'm interested, so I'm making my interest known!

Cool deal! I'm sure you'll be able to find or create something, and I bet I can talk my circle members into making room for you, if needed!

• BlackBDeathBlackBDeath Posts: 134 Member
    This will be a cool thing to join since I recently just started my own blog. Sign me up!
    This will be a cool thing to join since I recently just started my own blog. Sign me up!

Maybe what we need is a circle for newer writers. Support and encouragement to keep up with a new thing from someone who knows exactly what I'm going through wouldn't be bad.
  • BlackBDeathBlackBDeath Posts: 134 Member

Maybe what we need is a circle for newer writers. Support and encouragement to keep up with a new thing from someone who knows exactly what I'm going through wouldn't be bad.

That's a great Idea!

That's a great Idea!

One of the writers I reached out to, @CitizenErased14, wants to do it too. While definitely not a new writer, I'd love the group to be more mixed. So.... newer writers, plus writers that don't have the time to keep up with more established writers and their more frequent updates?

What do you all think?
    @cecerose0208 Sounds like you're getting something great worked out! I'm going to be busy for a while, so you all just keep me informed when you're ready for me to add something to the sign-up/index sheet!

Read on, writers!