Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Phoenix Puffclaw Reading Circle

CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
Welcome to the thread for the Phoenix Puffclaw Reading Circle!

What are reading circles and how can you join one? Visit the Reading Circles Thread to find out!

The Phoenix Puffclaw Reading Circle Guidelines

***Our Intentions and Agreements***

We intend to...
  • have fun talking with each other and enjoy reading each others' stories!
  • share encouragement, friendliness, belonging, and enthusiasm about our Sim stories.
  • inspire and motivate each other, too!

We agree to...
  • keep up with each members' selected story on a weekly basis when we are able to, being flexible with each other when life asks us to attend to other priorities, like school, health, family, and our homes (and gardens!).
  • let each other know when we need to take breaks.

puffclaw.png

Yay, Puffclaws!

CURRENT MEMBERS and stories:

@bookloverblue - Blue's Sim Stories

@CathyTea - CathyTea's SimLit Anthology (Sporadic updates)

@elinsims - Elin's SimLit

@friendsfan367 - The Benders

@LadyTigress - The WWE: A Legacy

@MadameLee - [url="https://wwwswansonslegacy.blogspot.com/]Swanson Legacy[/url]

@Morningstar - Rebuilding Appalousa Springs

@msbeckycat - Aspen Mayer - a Sims 4 Story

@Pegasus143 (on hiatus) - After the Wedding
Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
Post edited by CathyTea on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2017
    The ORIGINAL Phoenix Puffclaws in all Our Puffclaw Splendory

These five Puffclaws helped form the reading circle:

@CathyTea (Active Member)
    @Charliimai (Honorary Member)
    @friendsfan367 (Active Member)
    @MadameLee (Active Member)
    @Thymeless (Honorary Member)

In All Our Puffclaw Splendory!

puffclaw%20cathy_zpsf4pkcsmk.png
    CathyTea

puffclaw%20charm_zpszabycifs.png
    Charliimai

puffclaw%20friends_zpswtll2alt.png
    friendsfan367

mlee%20puffclaw_zpsu9xdiqsj.png
    MadameLee

puffclaw%20thymeless_zpslr563ltj.png
    Thymeless

Puffclaw Trivia: Phoenix Puffclaws can be found in four countries, three continents (well, one is an island... and another is a VERY big island...), and six timezones. We may look soft, cuddly, and kind-hearted. And we are. But watch out! In addition to our world-renowned kindness, we also have some fierce claws that we freely use when we need to protect ourselves and our loved ones. (Well, ok. The claws are really made of puff, but they LOOK fierce!)

puffclaw.png

Fly high, Puffclaws!
    Post edited by CathyTea on

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    So... I just @friendsfan367 has suggested the name Gryffindor for our Reading Circle! I love it! Only prob... I'm a Ravenclaw...

What do you think?

Ravendor?

Gyffinclaw?

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    So... I just @friendsfan367 has suggested the name Gryffindor for our Reading Circle! I love it! Only prob... I'm a Ravenclaw...

What do you think?

Ravendor?

Gyffinclaw?

either one works for me.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @MadameLee @friendsfan367 @DarciTheFox @Charliimai What HP house have you been sorted into?

https://my.pottermore.com/ (login, then click "Sorting")

• Options
    @MadameLee @friendsfan367 @DarciTheFox @Charliimai What HP house have you been sorted into?

HuffPuff which is ironically my Cornflower's character old house on Hogwarts online
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

ravenclaw
  • Options

ravenclaw

My Ravenclaw sister! :)

• Options
    So... I came up with a silly name, which is...

Gryffinslytherpuffinclaw!

LOL!

(I actually sort of like it... try saying it out loud: Gryffin-slyther-puffin-claw!)

• Options

ravenclaw

My Ravenclaw sister! :)

i like ravenclaw too. my favorite characters came from grfyendor . with one exception. professer flitwick was a ravenclaw. ravenclaw is also easier to spell.
  • Options
    DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    Hi! Ok I'm a little short on time right now, but I'll catch up later tonight. Yay! Thanks!
  • Options
    Uhh also, I'm pretty clueless about HP, I wasn't allowed to read it growing up. So, I'll figure out my house later tonight on that site when I get in, maybe tomorrow morning if I get in too late. I know a little bit about HP. I will read that series one day, I feel I missed out.
  • Options
    XSimMimXXSimMimX Posts: 613 Member
    This sounds like fun, sign me up! I'm a total Slytherin, but the quiz sorted me into Ravenclaw. I always thought the two houses were very similar anyway!
  • Options
    Cool, @XSimMimX ! You're in! :)

• Options
    CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited May 2016

I had an idea for a name maybe a little late but (I think I'm in a different time-zone to everyone else)
    I was thinking Phoenix Puffclaw Readers or just Phoenix Puffclaws (Phoenix=Bird that rises from the ashes (A fire bird or Lit bird as in simlit :D ) and as you guys seem to be harry potter fans puff from hufflepuff and Claw from Ravenclaw. Just an idea.. Off to get kids ready for school i'll drop by later :)

Edit: To remove Readers from Name.
    Post edited by Charliimai on
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• Options
    Lol puffclaw gives me the image of a fierce looking beast with cute, puffy claws. :D
  • Options
    I LOVE the name Phoenix Puffclaw Reading Circle! I imagine a Pokemon trying to be really tough! LOL! Oooh! Maybe we could make a mascot for ourselves! Any artists in the group?

What do the rest of you think? Is Phoenix Puffclaw a name we can agree on for our Reading Circle?

• Options
    @DarciTheFox you can ask the rest of us potter fans if something confuses you..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @MadameLee what do you think of the name Phoenix Puffclaws? :)

• Options
    @MadameLee what do you think of the name Phoenix Puffclaws? :)

cute,
  • Options
    @CathyTea what @friendsfan367 says it's cute. It ties into mythology-while Chinese mythology and Harry Potter as well
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @CathyTea what @friendsfan367 says it's cute. It ties into mythology-while Chinese mythology and Harry Potter as well

i don't know anything about chinese mythology whas the the tie in?
  • Options
    Awesome! @DarciTheFox and @XSimMimX What's your vote? Shall we go with the name of Phoenix Puffclaws?

• Options
    @Charliimai I noticed that you're reading Goofy Love! :smiley:

It won't be one of the readings that's part of the Reading Circle--so if you're reading it for our reading circle, no need to!

For Reading Circle, I thought I'd just have the circle members read my story Wonder, starting from my next chapter that I post, which is the perfect new starting point. Wonder starts as a Wonder Child Challenge, and last night, I posted the final chapter that's wraps up the challenge. And then it continues with the Wonder Child after the challenge, as a Young Adult. So this is a perfect time to start!

If anyone wanted to read the back chapters, that would be great! There are about 33 of them, and they're fairly short (500-1200 words, each). If you don't want to read the back chapters, though, I'll provide a synopsis, and then you'll be ready to dive in with Chapter 34.

:)

• Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @DarciTheFox you can ask the rest of us potter fans if something confuses you..

I might take you up on that. :DB)
  • Options
    CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    @CathyTea i have a few simlits open on different devices its one i've been planning to read for a while and since the little ones are asleep.
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)