Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teach Conchobair - A lavish Baroque country house *download link inside*

Nora_675Nora_675 Posts: 65 Member
edited June 2016 in The Sims 3 Builders
Hi everyone.

Please read this post before downloading and installing; especially the Known Issues section!

Today I wanted to share a build that has been 3 years in the making! For those who followed The Amallais Palace project thank you for all of your support. Unfortunately the lot I’m uploading is not the palace as the thing was so large it just kept spawning error code 12 messages. So I went back to the drawing board and subjected the hulking thing to a radical diet.

So without further ado I’d like to present:

Teach Conchobair
Constructed in 1702 in the popular English Baroque style this Irish ‘big house’ is the home of the Ua Conchobair dynasty. With the former residence Caisleán Conchobair completely destroyed by fire Muiredach Ua Conchobair designed this lavish property to impress even the most discerning Englishman whilst keeping the families supernatural secrets firmly away from prying eyes.

90ac9e6f-3370-4428-a8f2-6bfae7197328_zpswgkvylee.jpg

The name is Gaelic in origin and is pronounced "tchack croch-huer" (sort of). Anyway it translates as O’Connor House. The time period for this property is around the 60’s, 70’s or 80’s. Pre-laptop but post plumbing and electricity!! The build its self contains 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and a small hidden tomb.

Highly recommended game mods:
There is one mod I highly recommend installing for this lot; this being Nona's superhamper.
This mod is AMAZING! If you don’t want unsightly hampers in all your lavish rooms then you just need to replace the Ambitions one with Nona’s in the laundry room downstairs and it will automatically collect laundry from all over your lot!

A matter of taste:
These mods are merely recommendations however I like how they complement the lot. I personally hate the EA parking lot and thankfully Huge Lunatic’s Invisible parking space eradicates the eyesore.

I also feel the EA texture for the shrubbery fence is just a bit to plasticy. Leefish’s Give Me My Privacy Shrubbery overhauls the textures of the fence to give it a shrubbier look. If you want this mod it's the file labelled "default replacement" you're after.

Known issues:
I’ve placed screens in the two bathroom suites which unfortunately sims can have a habit of routing through. If this really bugs you then placing this invisible fence made by TB creations will resolve the issue.

After placing the lot you may notice the transparency on the curved iron fence in the Mural Hall and the Library has been lost. To remedy this just go into CAS and alter the colour ramp slider slightly and the transparency will return.

Finally this is BIG lot (64x64) with a lot of CC. I would discourage installing this lot if you’re running to low end computer or already have multiple large lots already installed in your town. Running your game under these conditions could cause your game to crash to desktop or for you to get error code 12 upon trying to save.

Even if you've got a great computer and very few other large lots I would still recommend saving in map view, or off lot at the very least to reduce the risk of getting an error code 12 message. As with any installation of CC please back up your game and use ‘save as’ not ‘save’ so should anything go wrong you won’t lose too much of your game progress.

Expansion packs used:
I've used World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Supernatural, University Life, Island Paradise and Into the Future. I've not used any stuffpacks.

Final comments:
To construct the library I cloned the Distinguished Bookcase to create a 2-tile and 1-tile decorative bookcase. These decorative shelves have been used where your sims are unable to route of if access to the shelf is blocked so you shouldn't get any simmy tantrums. These non-functional bookshelves hide when the walls are down whereas the functional bookshelves do not so during gameplay it should be easy to tell which ones you can use.

Furthermore many of the decorative pieces adoring the wall and the roof its self have been placed using NRaas Debugenabler. You don't need this mod for the lot to work however if you remove the decorative items you will need the mod to place them back in their original position.

To get the fish in the fountains I used Buckley’s shiftable fog emitter. Whilst you don’t need this for the lot to function if you delete the fog emitters you will need this mod in order to put them back at their correct height.

Download:
So all that remains to say is here are your download links! Here is the lot, the custom content and the patterns.

The lot is a package file as I hate the Launcher with a passion. It is simple to install; just pop it in your Document > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Library folder.

All the CC for the lot has been combined into one single package file which needs to go into your Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Mods > Packages folder.
For those of you who don’t have a mods folder please follow this tutorial on how to set it up.

Finally the patterns are in a zip file. 5 are in sims3pack format so just get installed through the launcher. 2 are in package format so again these will need to go into your Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Mods > Packages folder.

If you’re still a bit confused about where the files or what to download then please feel free to post here and I’ll try my best to help.

Feel free to edit, distribute, share, overhaul, re-upload or whatever. The only thing I ask is that you don't claim my original work as your own. Screenshots will follow in the next post.

Nora xx

P.S Phew! Epic post!
Post edited by Nora_675 on

Comments

• Nora_675Nora_675 Posts: 65 Member
    edited June 2016
    More screenshots

6b1c06a1-9b95-422a-b5c0-df03870a88df_zpsdzrwiajn.jpg

fcb20d58-e2b8-4752-b451-d2a1f9b43ecc_zps9ggps0iv.jpg

c633a876-b560-436c-8cfb-2da6f9a20fc9_zps2wmvwghh.jpg

6e886918-bdd6-4ea3-a00c-41a768e8aede_zpszsjfxmp8.jpg

The20Mural20Hall_zpskznj4ecr.jpg

3f41982a-3daf-4d9e-881d-fcf3ee424710_zpsjw6nsc7d.jpg

8244c305-74b9-46a7-931b-c901c2719d6b_zps4jxsebui.jpg

f06f790b-103b-49d6-8f5c-d4555206b51d_zpsdkijgpuz.jpg

444dc27a-6694-4e85-ace9-f5c1e86cd5e7_zpsmpg57atb.jpg

cb80456a-066e-4340-b72d-3bad9f39044b_zpsrqebdggf.jpg

7792a00d-2447-4f61-89dc-b506f86d9214_zps6vgqiwkx.jpg

The20Gilded20Library_zps0j46ivvn.jpg

3ad2d25c-966c-4251-a857-2452832f840a_zpslxum5axk.jpg

93ec999f-c439-4e58-884a-7547acde9729_zpssj8d0aw2.jpg

7c0374c3-732e-4db1-a23f-b9483f83152e_zpsgdtw8lzf.jpg

bac8283d-476f-450f-80e1-fc15eb7d8b78_zpsnr7ngqh9.jpg

cfa3ef0d-0c03-4c38-ae80-16ccf0726e1d_zpszdl5nrja.jpg

c84c6968-b089-4d8e-a600-13794dcf3e13_zpssfcihauj.jpg
    Thanks Post

Thanks must go to the following artists who without their fabulous creations this build would not have been possible.

TheJim07, lunasimslulamai, Jennisims, Lisen, Mutske, Inge, Cyclonesue, Ladesire, DOT, Mammyreocker, Cashcraft, Missyzim, Murano, HelleN, The Regal Sim, Astrasims3, Granny Zaza, The Sims Key, Buckley, Leefish, Huge Lunatic, Buffsumm, Awesims, Qahne, Beautysims, IMHO, Fresh Prince, Vitasims3, SIMcredible designs, Flovv, jomsims, kitkat7145, ShinoKCR, CyberBob78, RD, Irishstar, BPS@Billyjean, Nynaeve Design, Around the Sims 3, Kardofe, Riccinumbers, Lulu265, Wondymoon, Gosik, Christine, Viennalex, Buzz, Jope, Apple, Buhudain, Noir + Dark Sims, Pilar, Adonispluto, Shokoninio, Sim Picasso, Serverinka, Cliosims3, Symphonie1213, Lutetia, tdyannd, Spacesims, Murfeel, Victor_tor, Adele and AnoeskaB.
  • 6020906060209060 Posts: 433 Member
    This is far more than I ever dared to except. Brilliant work, this totally left me speechless. I can't wait to see this in my game.

Thank you so much for doing this little comeback and sharing this with us. I really hope you're also proud of this, can't even think how much you have worked with this.

It's even much more reasonable sized and soooo much more playable.

Wishing you great week.

Tom xxxxx

I'll come back after I've seen this in my game and then give you more thoughts of it if you don't mind.
    Just one more question: Which ex.packs or stuff packs you used? :blush:
  • josefine1988josefine1988 Posts: 19 Member
    What a beautiful house :D

I tried to download it now, but my zip-program won't open it. It says the file is damaged? Is it just my computer that is acting weird?

What zip-programs can u recommend for me? :)
    edited May 2016
    I'm really glad you like it! The proof of the pudding is in the eating though. I've tried to make it as playable as possible. I even cloned the columns and edited them so they hide when the walls on the ground floor are down! There's also a little puzzly hidden tomb thing tucked away in there!

Oops! I knew I'd forgotten something! I've used World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Supernatural, University Life, Island Paradise and Into the Future. I've not used any stuffpacks.

I don't mind at all. I'd really welcome your feedback. :)
    edited May 2016
    Hi Josefine, that's wierd.

I'll try and upload it again.

Ok I opened it with no problems however I'll change the mediafire link so it takes you to a folder where you can download them all.

Link changed. Can someone try it to see if it works?
    I will try again and see how it works :)
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    Wow... That's incredible to see. Good job! It was time well spent!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited May 2016
    The build is so very nice! :) It is very detailed! The exterior design of the home is so very nice! The outdoors areas are very nice! Very nice furnishing and design of the interior rooms and areas! It is a very grand and elegant build!
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    WOW again WOW!!!

YOU REALLY DID IT, DON´T YOU?

It is so much better even than before! you did get the touch of a palace-house. Though I am still glad I have your first versión that suits my world so well, I am going to really enjoy the new one!

Thankyou very much indead!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
    the house is perfect :D Have been living in there for a couple of hours:P
    Is there something I'm doing wrong? All the items are in my buy/build mode, no problems with that. Only the house itself is missing... :frowning:
    Have you put the lot .package file in documents>electronic arts>the sims 3> library?
    Hi ENolan, thank you. It is nice having my time back now though!

Thanks junceda! I forgot about that! I think that's the only place the original version exists now.

Yay! I'm sooo glad it's working for you.

If anyone spots any niggles through gameplay let me know and I'll try and iron them out.
    Phew! I managed to get it. Why I didn't see it before happened just because I yesterday installed my game and had nothing saved in my inventory yet so the Library file didn't even exist. Now it does. Thanks!
    edited May 2016
    Hurrah! I'm glad it's there, I was beginning to worry I'd messed up exporting it somehow which is totally possible.

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts once you've played it.
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    I got it issues free either, I had no time to play it yet but I´m planning to do it the sooner the better
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
    Okay first thoughts here. Can't tell everything yet, had time to see it all but very quickly and now I must change quality to get better performance. I can already tell that we've got here the Queen of Sims 3 Houses! We already got our King - it's Waddesdon Manor by Jisgr8/Fischio, and I tell you, no one can build better house in this game. But now I'm again super happy - because I can now see that there is still someone who can build those houses that just drops jaw and makes to think how to become as good or at become slightly better.

I say all this because you're super inspiring. But all this makes me quite sad, sadly. That is because I'd love to do already a comeback and go back to my roots. Then I think about that all time I like to usually spend so then I find this decision to be the best one. I have to concentrate in RL things. Lol.

Everything is still super positive and ok to me.

Good luck and congraz!!!

Kisses
    Tom
    Ok I knew I'd messed up. I think I left out the lilies lighting the fountain in The Little Courtyard from the download. I've added it to the download and have replaced the files on mediafire. If you have already downloaded the lot and don't have lilies in the fountain and want them then please click the links again.

Sorry!
    Great, glad the download links are all working as they should.

Tom that is high praise indeed! It was Waddesdon that inspired this build. I remember downloading it ages ago and just being blopwn away by it. It'd already started this build but it was that creation which showed me just how good it could be!

Don't be sad, RL has to come first! You are a talented builder and have given us so many exquisite builds; even though you're taking a break you have left a really inspiring legacy with us. xx
  • ReddvelvettReddvelvett Posts: 236 Member
    OMG.......thank you sooooooo much Nora. This is so beautiful. Can not wait to play
    You're welcome :)<3
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    This is stunning! I'm not sure when I'll get to check it out, but I am downloading it for certain. Really beautiful work! And thanks to @junceda for leading me to your post. <3
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
    Thank you HappySimmer3! I really hope you enjoy playing it. :smile: