Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

User interface for the sims 2 / MOD IN PROGRESS

Comments

• SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited May 2016
    Awesome! Thanks!

OK, so, the game is off, I've downloaded it. Anything else I need to do before loading the game, or is it good to go as is?
  • MaglxisbackMaglxisback Posts: 250 Member
    nope! fire it up!
    Great, thanks! I'll let you know how it works after I've used it for a bit!
    edited May 2016
    OK, well, here's what I think so far. Pros: The transparency of the panel once you're in the game and playing.

Cons: All the bright white. Maybe it's because I'm older, but the bright white loading screen to choose which neighborhood to play REALLY hurts my eyes. So, I'm really not digging it for that reason.

One thing I'm confused on is the little white square block in the game panel beneath the head which relates to the Sim's personality. It says, "Roommate Satisfaction." What is this supposed to do? I clicked on it, but it didn't do anything.

Anyway, is there something you can do about all the bright white? I really didn't mind the original color for the screen with all the neighborhoods the way it was.

Edited to add that when I hover the mouse over the age progression bar, it no longer states how old the Sim is/how many days left to the next age progression/transition. Was this an oversight? Can you fix this please? This is a very important feature to me.

Thanks!
    yes the bright white has been mention before i will revert it to something not as stricking.
    As for the white square block is this in c.a.s screen? im trying to figure it out room mate satisfaction umm not sure. can you post a screenshot?
    Also well its wierd that it no longer states how old the sims and how many days mine works perfectly? we would need someonelse to confirm this... hopefully its easily fixable!.... i dont see why it would work in my game . However... please keep reporting anything else unusual you run into ! I appreciate :)
    edited May 2016
    OK, where the Sims Career Rewards/Personal Rewards is supposed to be is a little white square block that when I hover the mouse over, it says, "Roommate Satisfaction," but the Career and Personal Rewards treasure chest is gone. So, this is a problem. I don't know why the age progression bar no longer works, but it doesn't. I would post a screen shot but screen shots don't work with The Sims 2 for me, and if I just tried the camera function in game, it wouldn't include the game panel. Sorry.

Edited to add that my OS is Windows 7 Premium
    It's a 64-Bit Operating System
    Processor: Intel Core (TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 2.50GHz

Don't know if you need that stuff, but just in case.
    edited May 2016
    OK, where the Sims Career Rewards/Personal Rewards is supposed to be is a little white square block that when I hover the mouse over, it says, "Roommate Satisfaction," but the Career and Personal Rewards treasure chest is gone. So, this is a problem. I don't know why the age progression bar no longer works, but it doesn't. I would post a screen shot but screen shots don't work with The Sims 2 for me, and if I just tried the camera function in game, it wouldn't include the game panel. Sorry.

Edited to add that my OS is Windows 7 Premium
    It's a 64-Bit Operating System
    Processor: Intel Core (TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 2.50GHz

Don't know if you need that stuff, but just in case.

ok well im looking into it... I think it might have to do with the fact that I have modificated the whole UI with all of the expansions packs so its kind of sad but seems like with only the base game and university you get to lose those features... which is something I dont want of course. If somehow you could take a screenshot with a phone or something and show me about the chest treasure and that white square thing. And what are you saying the camera within the game aint working?

RE edit: i took a picture... so maybe you can guide me a little !
    isimplifieduipreview2.png
    Post edited by Maglxisback on
    OK, so I used your picture to try and show where the problem is that I'm experiencing.

isimplifieduipreview2.jpg

The black arrow points to the treasure chest. When using your panel, the treasure chest is replaced by a white square, and when I hover my mouse over the square, it says, "Roommate Satisfaction." If I click on it, it depresses, but nothing happens. I don't need that anyway. I need the treasure chest because that's how I access my Sims' personal and career rewards and there's no other way to access that function/feature.

As to the screenshot, If I press the "PrtScn" on the keyboard to try and take a screenshot of the game, it will just screenshot the desktop. To take pictures in the game, I use the little camera as shown in your picture, but that doesn't capture the game panel. So, there's simply no way to take a picture which includes the game panel. Btw, your panel is showing something called "Inventory." I don't have this feature. In the area where my treasure chest is, the panel shows career rewards, or personal rewards. That's it.

Also, as previously mentioned, the age bar doesn't show the how many days left to the next age transition when I hover my mouse over it. It doesn't show anything. This is also a problem.

I hope this helps!
  • MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    edited May 2016
    Oh, btw, where'd you get the bowling alley from? Is that from UC?

:) yes if there is no mods folder just create one and put in the package file. Same if you want to remove it delete the mods folder or just the package file if you have any other mod other than mine.

Document/eagames/thesims2/ mods*

Yes. After you created the mods folder and put in the packagefile make sure you quit and restart your game.

i thought mods are put into the download folder instead :O btw i'll be trying out this mod as soon as i get back in game :)
    Happy Simming!♥
    Oh lol you are so right prob have mistaken for another game .. Then Saitai can you actually remove the packpage from mods and put it in download folder? And delete mods... And try again start your game and see if you still have the issues your were getting... ? lol my bad
    Oh lol you are so right prob have mistaken for another game .. Then Saitai can you actually remove the packpage from mods and put it in download folder? And delete mods... And try again start your game and see if you still have the issues your were getting... ? lol my bad

its fine. i started with sims 3 and tried to figure out how to put mods into sims 2 lol. i tried your UI mod and it works really well .the only problem i might see with it is my sims are at uniand the freshman,softmore,ect words are alittle hard to read unless your really looking.different coloring or bolding of the words might fix that but i'm unsure if that is difficult or not.but i'm loving it so far! :)
    Happy Simming!♥
    edited May 2016
    :) im happy it works well for you.
    Thought im trying to understand when you say when you sims are at uniand? What? Freshman? Softcore? Im lost lol... Send me a screenshot or try to re explain because im really not sure . if you talking about where you can see your carrer and stuff yes I want to bright those up maybe put an white background behind it . anyhow :)/ im glad it works for you. Can you confirm if when you passyour mouse over the DNA thing if it states the age and such of your sim? And what do you think about the needs how they turn white when their full :) ?
    :) im happy it works well for you.
    Thought im trying to understand when you say when you sims are at uniand? What? Freshman? Softcore? Im lost lol... Send me a screenshot or try to re explain because im really not sure . if you talking about where you can see your carrer and stuff yes I want to bright those up maybe put an white background behind it . anyhow :)/ im glad it works for you. Can you confirm if when you passyour mouse over the DNA thing if it states the age and such of your sim? And what do you think about the needs how the turn white when their full :) ? Im really enjoying this ui too

Yes I'll try to take a screen shot .the white needs effect is satisfying to see xD .my sims are at university at the moment but it does show how many hours till exam time .ill come back with a screen shot of what I'm talking about .as for the background behind the needs I think it looks fine .a white background might wash out words and be too harsh on the eyes trying to read through it .
    Happy Simming!♥
    edited May 2016
    OK, so I used your picture to try and show where the problem is that I'm experiencing.

isimplifieduipreview2.jpg

The black arrow points to the treasure chest. When using your panel, the treasure chest is replaced by a white square, and when I hover my mouse over the square, it says, "Roommate Satisfaction." If I click on it, it depresses, but nothing happens. I don't need that anyway. I need the treasure chest because that's how I access my Sims' personal and career rewards and there's no other way to access that function/feature.

As to the screenshot, If I press the "PrtScn" on the keyboard to try and take a screenshot of the game, it will just screenshot the desktop. To take pictures in the game, I use the little camera as shown in your picture, but that doesn't capture the game panel. So, there's simply no way to take a picture which includes the game panel. Btw, your panel is showing something called "Inventory." I don't have this feature. In the area where my treasure chest is, the panel shows career rewards, or personal rewards. That's it.

Also, as previously mentioned, the age bar doesn't show the how many days left to the next age transition when I hover my mouse over it. It doesn't show anything. This is also a problem.

I hope this helps!

Well as a read and re read your post the only thing that explain it all is that because you have basegame and uni only .. it kind of conflict in this part of the UI ... as for the aging and days left notifications... I shall look into it I promise. but just dont forget everything takes much time to get done :wink: and yes my bad we cant take screen shot of the UI in game.
    OK, thanks. For now, I've removed it from the mods folder and placed it into a non-EA Games folder so that I have it on hand if you fix it. Nevermind, lol, I'd need to download it again. Yeah, it's been a long day.
    OK, thanks. For now, I've removed it from the mods folder and placed it into a non-EA Games folder so that I have it on hand if you fix it. Nevermind, lol, I'd need to download it again. Yeah, it's been a long day.

Hey satai so sorry it didnt work for you anyhow I have been doing some research and yes its because I took the WHOLE ui with all of the expansions and turn it into isimplified that your getting those issues. so well its fixable I just need to redesign the UI for it to work without other expansions which would fix the aging notification and your rewards chest white square thing. Its do able but will a bit of time.. And right now I want to focus on other things to make this UI unique! For all the others who is wondering you can use the UI with none to minimal issues as long as you have pets! give it a try it wont crash your game and i really need some feedback people...

Another thing;
    I might abandon this post and create a new one with more details,installation instruction, etc etc. Its a bit messy right now!

Hey satai so sorry it didnt work for you anyhow I have been doing some research and yes its because I took the WHOLE ui with all of the expansions and turn it into isimplified that your getting those issues. so well its fixable I just need to redesign the UI for it to work without other expansions which would fix the aging notification and your rewards chest white square thing. Its do able but will a bit of time.. And right now I want to focus on other things to make this UI unique! For all the others who is wondering you can use the UI with none to minimal issues as long as you have pets! give it a try it wont crash your game and i really need some feedback people...

Another thing;
    I might abandon this post and create a new one with more details,installation instruction, etc etc. Its a bit messy right now!

No problem. Let me know if/when it's done, and I'll re-download it and try it again.
  • mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    Looks a bit... tacky
  • taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    Thanks for doing this. Must have been a lot of work. Look amazing.
    edited May 2016
    mrnhmath wrote: »
    Looks a bit... tacky
    Based on what? pictures? have you actually downloaded it and tried it? What looks so tacky to you ?

taffy550 wrote: »
    Thanks for doing this. Must have been a lot of work. Look amazing.
    thank you!!

isimplifieduipreview2.png
    I agree. As I said, with the exception of the uber-white initial loading screen, and the minor issues I encountered, overall, I liked it. Though, one thing I do wish it did have is the border around the thumbnail pictures of the Sims. Even if it's a very thin border, it would just be nice to have that back.
    I could make a black transparent border that turns white on the active sims.. well like on the picture above
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    ive tried multiple UI's before and always end up disappointed, but this one looks awesome. I love how you've designed it. I will try it out within the next day or two and let you know what I think! Great first impression, though.
    edited May 2016
    ive tried multiple UI's before and always end up disappointed, but this one looks awesome. I love how you've designed it. I will try it out within the next day or two and let you know what I think! Great first impression, though.
    Yay ! This was a bit why I decided to make the big jump, none of the UI available actually interested me. im waiting impatiently for your in game feedback !! :) thanks again
    I could make a black transparent border that turns white on the active sims.. well like on the picture above

That would probably be perfect! I think I'm just all about order and keeping things looking nice in this game, lol. I'm kind of a geometric person, so I like borders and lines and stuff for some reason. But like I said, I agree with everyone else that the UI looks really good. You put a lot of work into it, and it shows.

OK, like if you look at your panel above where the "wants" panel is, and you've got that blackish transparent border. If you put even that thin of a border around the thumbnails of the Sims, it would make a big difference.

Now I'm really looking forward to re-downloading it after you've finished everything and fixed the base game pack model, lol.