Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best world to play?

I'm looking for a world that contains all EPs and runs smoothly.. any suggestions?

Comments

• StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    "...and runs smoothly."

*falls over*
    *dies laughing*

Just kidding. ;) In my experience, I've found Lucky Palms to be the best world that has room enough for and has all expansions and still runs well. You can always turn all the sand into grass by repainting if you don't like desert like worlds :)
    Now, if you want to talk about CUSTOM user made worlds, oh lawd, we'll be here all day because there is a lot of those that are made well, fit everything (although some you have to place a lot of the ep stuff yourself), and run like a dream :) To get you started, I would suggest Salmon Woods by MySimRealty :)
  • dw4518dw4518 Posts: 263 Member
    I'm checking out Salmon woods.. it looks beautiful!
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    You can always try Twin Towns, it runs smoothly on a high end computer.
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Can your Computer handle a Huge world? Do you like smaller worlds?
    Do you HAVE to have Uni lots in the main world? How much SuperNatural EP do you want throughout the world?
    ... Just wondering. :)
    Yes, I love MySimRealty worlds and lots. Her lots, especially, are gorgeous. I don't have to build my own house or anything because hers are always perfect, imo. I have tried every single one of her worlds for at least one generation of sims and have had zero problems (the only thing being in some worlds, I had to place the ep lots myself but that's so not a problem for me).

I also recommend Twin Towns and Rflong7's worlds! Very well made and run awesomely :) I'm working on my own CAW project but it won't be ready for months...maybe years at the rate I'm going with the CAW tool, lol. ;)
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Can your Computer handle a Huge world? Do you like smaller worlds?
    Do you HAVE to have Uni lots in the main world? How much SuperNatural EP do you want throughout the world?
    ... Just wondering. :)

I think huge worlds should be just about ok on my computer, although Twin towns at 146mb might be a bit too demanding! I have been eyeing that one up but haven't got all the store items and so have not dared to try it yet.

I like the idea of uni lots in the main world (is this possible?!) and for supernatural.. that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wagon is a must :D
    :lol: Hm... All the Hidden Lots and IP dive lots? So, Island or just a big lake?
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    :lol: Hm... All the Hidden Lots and IP dive lots? So, Island or just a big lake?

yes all the hidden lots and dive lots would be ideal. don't mind island or big lake I suppose

as long as it has most all the EP content and doesn't take too long to load up I'm happy
    There are a couple of custom world threads here, I think. You might want to check the Create A World forum to find really good ones.

Another one I really like is Great Bear and Matkooske both by Johnnywyr:

Great Bear

Matkooske
    edited May 2016
    StephSteb wrote: »
    There are a couple of custom world threads here, I think. You might want to check the Create A World forum to find really good ones.

Another one I really like is Great Bear and Matkooske both by Johnnywyr:

Great Bear

Matkooske

Has @Johnnywyr come back and updated his world? We've missed him in the CAW section. :(
    @Rflong7 No, but I wish he would. Or, at least, not that I know of. I'm such a fan of so many people's worlds. I'm just fangirling all over the place today, lol. But, those do have room if you want to plop down the showtime/supernatural/whatever lots yourself is what I meant.

There are so, so many great custom worlds. My external hard drive is almost full just by going through the old custom worlds threads here on the forums. Most of the ones I mention, I've actually played in :) They might be older and you might have to put some of the lots down yourself, but they work...some even better than the store worlds ;)
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've found that both Gibsons and Glenvale County work very well and you can add something from every EP if you want.You'll have to place some lots in Gibsons if you want to add venues to that world because I didn't place very many in CAW because it was my first project.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    there's already a thread at the top of the forum called Worlds You Can't Live Without, which after naming all the EA worlds, people are only left with nominating custom worlds.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
    there's already a thread at the top of the forum called Worlds You Can't Live Without, which after naming all the EA worlds, people are only left with nominating custom worlds.

Oh, that's right. I forgot about that one. I'm a scatterbrain, lol. That's a good thread, I found some there as well :)
    edited May 2016
    thanks for the thread link! i have gone through the whole thread.

i have decided on either Salmon woods or Storybrook county, since they have all the EPs to ITF and i like the non-city feel

edit: actually i can't tell if Salmon woods has ITF.. its so pretty though!
  • Lucky25Lucky25 Posts: 544 Member
    I need to check out Salmon woods, I've not played it yet. Agreed though that MySimRealty worlds are fantastic, as are Rflongs. I've been playing Storybrook for a while and the ONLY issue I have is that it's just so big! Which isn't really an issue, it just takes my Sim a while to get from one place to another. Evansdale County is also a lovely world.
    ace46abf-17de-4ccb-b09d-2f869a1566dc_zpswzf3im24.jpg
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @StephSteb Thanks for recommending Twin Towns. :) I wish you good luck with your CAW project, it always takes longer than expected as you'll get new ideas along the way!
    NymlADp.jpg
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @dw4518 -I've used Storybrook County lite for my 100 baby challenge and have no issues with it though I've had to build the rabbit hole shells and I built the lots I used including the festival lot.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • SimulanceSimulance Posts: 313 Member
    I don't use CC worlds, but Lucky Palms from the Store is gorgeous. It's my favourite.
    @jillbg after I cleared out a lot of my CC I downloaded twin towns. it actually runs alright! im missing some things like the hot air balloon but its so huge I really love it :)