Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you give up CC for a faster game?

I discovered that without my 3GB of CC my game runs a LOT faster. Trying to decide whether to go CC free for better game performance.. but that means living without all my CC furniture which I love!

Would you give up CC completely for a faster game?

Comments

• StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Nope. Never again LOL. I say that because I did for the longest time with my old computer but I got a new(ish) one recently, and I don't have to rotate CC in and out, anymore! That's amazing to me, lol. :D I can actually play with all the eps and sps, store stuff, AND I CAN EVEN ADD IN FURNITURE/PICTURE CC which I never used to use before. So....no. NOPE. Never again. Interesting question :)
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    Not all cc. My main concern is cc that affects sims themselves. I could live without other cc. Still, it depends on how much faster would be my game without the cc.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • dw4518dw4518 Posts: 263 Member
    I've just been brutal and taken out everything except all the NRaas mods and like 100MB of furniture.. breaks my heart lol
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    edited May 2016
    If it's much faster...Definitely yes, but I'll leave a few mods like mastercontroller and errortrap and overwatch in the game. But I will be able to live without the 541659874 roof recolours and pregnancy clothing...
    Post edited by GITTE2001 on
  • p3dromoisesp3dromoises Posts: 113 Member
    the "only" CC I can't live without are Makeup, Hairs, Skins and Mods. So I gave up half of my CC, I had like 1000 .sims3pack, now I have 300 .sims3pack, I removed 300 .package old hairs and still I don't see a big difference in my game, I have also installed a bunch of Store content which I had none so that might be the reason why I don't see much of a difference :(, (but if I clean everything, it runs really smooth, I tried once, I'm just so attached to my CC).
  • girlwhocriedtaylorgirlwhocriedtaylor Posts: 536 Member
    I've been meaning to test how fast my game runs with only EA content: a bit of store stuff, all EPs and one SP. I think I'll do that sometime today... I do not know how much cc I have, and I really don't want to know. :lol:

I'd probably give up some of my cc. I do have too much, but I just haven't taken the time to weed out the stuff I don't like anymore or has too many issues or whatever.
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    It's easy for me to find a good balance between cc I actually use and game performance. In the past I've downloaded a lot of cc I thought I'd use but I never did, or I found that I didn't actually like it so I deleted it. Easy-peasy. I don't understand people who have to download every piece of cc they see. It's digital hoarding.
    Well I just started up a game in Sunset Valley with no cc, only my mods, which is only about 60mb all together, and it is so smooth! I love it! This makes me want to go weed through my cc right now to get rid of stuff I don't like!
  • HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    The only CC I really have in my game are a few hairstyles, so yes I could definitely go without to have a smoother running game. I don't know if I could do without the NRaas mods, though. Not sure if that's considered CC, I wouldn't think so. I have a lot of things from the store, but that's not CC.
  • dw4518dw4518 Posts: 263 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    I don't understand people who have to download every piece of cc they see. It's digital hoarding.

for me because I don't use CC magic so can't see what each piece of CC looks like, so once I put it in I forget what it is and don't delete it
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    edited May 2016
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    It's easy for me to find a good balance between cc I actually use and game performance. In the past I've downloaded a lot of cc I thought I'd use but I never did, or I found that I didn't actually like it so I deleted it. Easy-peasy. I don't understand people who have to download every piece of cc they see. It's digital hoarding.

My name is ZG and I'm a CC hoarder. :D Sims 3 stuff is disappearing and I'm afraid I'll miss something good!

I have a great gaming computer now and finally installed all my EPs and SPs. Once I had those installed I found I didn't need as much CC because the game really has some nice hair and furniture.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    If my choice was to play a game without CC but it would run flawlessly, or play a stuttering, slow, laggy game with CC then I would easily pick a CC-Free game.

Thankfully, I don't have to choose. Even with as much content and CC, and mods, as I have in my game - it runs very, very well. I can't imagine any gain in my game from ditching third party stuff at all.
  • Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited May 2016
    I can't go back to playing without cc and mods. I know it runs faster without it but I don't care
  • GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    Never. You can pry my CC out of my cold dead hands.

Also I think because my game runs tolerably well with a heaping scoop of CC that I just can't even wrap my mind around not having it.

At the very least I'd have to play with default skin and eyes, and MC and SP like I used to do.
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    If I had to chose, smooth game play and no cc or slow gameplay with cc, I'd find a happy medium with at least some cc. I can, thankfully, play smoothly with all my extra content.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    I don't have that much of a problem with it. For challenges and my normal saves I have two folders that I switch between. One with only defaults + mods and the other with all of my content (store stuff, almost 4G of CC/mods). The difference is a additional minute of load time and rendering takes a few seconds longer.

I don't use CC magic either. All of my content is sorted by sub folders with images for each package file.
    http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Organizing_Custom_Content
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    I laughed at this. I am currently on a cc downloading binge and was reading the forums to kill time in between loading pages. Since I own everything EA, I feel I have enough furniture choices so have very little furniture CC but am adding a few more hair and maternity clothes since I rarely use EA hair and there just is no choices in maternity.... But, I did just upgrade my PC so it can handle it. :p
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Nope. I need CC.

My game isn't too bad with it though a bit slower but oh well, it's not so bad I can't play. I do have one save that does get on my nerves sometimes because I got way too carried away with the CC in my sims house and it's difficult to get it to load... still can't bear to part with anything in it XD.
  • SimulanceSimulance Posts: 313 Member
    I couldn't. I don't use CC furniture but I could not play without my skin/hair etc. I just don't like the way Sims look in TS3 without CC. But, luckily, my game runs great even with my CC.
    Well before I deleted some of my cc today (not done yet though), maybe about 1gb worth, I had 6gb in all. (Sims3Packs & .packages) I didn't know I had that much! I got rid of a lot of hair that I'd grown tired of. I haven't finished deleting stuff, so I haven't tested the game out yet. I'm playing on a laptop, so if I had the same specs on a desktop it would probably run a lot better with all of my cc.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    edited May 2016
    With ALL of my CC installed EXCEPT for luna and ATS3 I have a fast game with all options set to maximums.

This mod setup is 2.91 GB in my mods folder

WITH ALL CC installed it is over 6 GB in my mods folder and I have long pauses at 5 am and I have to have my options turned down to minimum settings to avoid Error 12.

Needless to say I have a lot of CC from luna and ATS3.

EDIT: To answer your question I need a lot of luna and ATS3 cc but I'm seriously thinking of making the time to work out exactly what I actually need and use in my game so I can reduce the load on my computer.

EDIT AGAIN: I think a lot of my problem is with having several huge basements in my various builds in the world and having massively huge gardens in several of those basements. I'm working on reducing the size of the gardens.
    Post edited by Karritz on
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    No, I couldn't give up cc entirely. There's already a lack of game content for black Sims, so I have to go out and get cc just to have a variety of natural hair, Afro-centric art, decor, etc that is just not available in the game. What is there, like one or two natural hairstyles for black toddlers? No, I need more variety than that. I have gotten rid of a lot of cc in favor of store items, but I can't see myself playing without it for very long. It's possible, but it wouldn't feel authentic to me.
  • thegummybear13thegummybear13 Posts: 310 Member
    No. lol I suffered in style :D
    tumblr_o2lz9mNWaj1sbr6who1_400.gif

• lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    edited May 2016
    Just checked. My Mods folder is 522 MB. I have about a dozen CC lots in my Library folder and 2 custom worlds installed. I guess I've found a happy medium. I wouldn't want to play without my NRaas mods or other tweaking and RH replacement mods. The CC? I don't have a lot of that, but I do have some I really enjoy. I'd love to download more, but try not too. I own pretty much everything EA offers except Katy Perry, so that helps give me variety. But every once in a while I find a CC item I just have to have!
  • Sims143Sims143 Posts: 42 Member
    I would never remove my CC. I just had to replace the hard drive in my laptop (the previous one somehow got damaged beyond repair) and so I lost everything from my Sims 3 :'(. I just got my laptop back and every day, instead of playing the Sims, I'm going to all the websites (well, the ones I can remember) that I've gotten CC from before to find ALL of my previous CC and reinstall it. Ever since I started using CC a long time ago (back with the Sims 2), I can not even begin playing Sims without it.