Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rip-off?!

I got this stuff pack a few days ago, I'm pretty disappointed. The clothes aren't really cute, and there are only a few new items furniture wise. I expected a lot more!! Do you agree?!

Comments

• MetallicjuniorMetallicjunior Posts: 1,246 New Member
    edited April 2012
    I think it all depends on whether you're into that type of thing;

If you dont like high tech, futuristic stuff, High End Loft Stuff isnt for you.
    If you're not into lingerie, bedwear, etc, then Master Suite Stuff isnt for you.
    If you dont care for landscaping, the outdoors, etc, then Outdoor Living Stuff isnt for you.

etc.

I personally LOVE High End Loft Stuff.

While majority of the clothing in that stuff pack I dont really like, some of the hairstyles for women were really nice, modern and pretty. The furniture was really cool, and the set came with interesting items like the vibrating bed, a treadmill..

I found the stuff pack to be really nice, and having lots of unique items.

However the items arent necessarily useful unless you're building a modern, futuristic house or something like that.

^__^
  • kobit555kobit555 Posts: 325 Member
    edited April 2012
    I know,I agree that there aren't a lot of new clothes and hairstyles, but there are enough furnitures for a stuff pack. I think that the furnitures are really nice but from the other side I think this stuff pack was better if there were more clothes and hairs.

* If I have writing mistakes I want you to know that I'm not from US/UK/Australia so I don't know english that well. :roll:
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited April 2012
    I got this stuff pack a few days ago, I'm pretty disappointed. The clothes aren't really cute, and there are only a few new items furniture wise. I expected a lot more!! Do you agree?!

Since this is my favourite pack so far, I can't say I agree. :wink:

It has 45 buy/build objects, which is not 'a few' and is actually a lot more than MSS, which only had about 30. It's about the same as OLS.
    The clothing is meant to be 'modern' and not 'cute'. I actually like most of the clothes, but it's a matter of taste.

It's not very hard to find pictures of what is in a SP before you buy it. I already knew from checking various sites that I wasn't too crazy about most of the clothes in MSS, for instance, so I waited for it to go on sale.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited April 2012
    KarinL wrote:

Since this is my favourite pack so far, I can't say I agree. :wink:

It has 45 buy/build objects, which is not 'a few' and is actually a lot more than MSS, which only had about 30. It's about the same as OLS.
    The clothing is meant to be 'modern' and not 'cute'. I actually like most of the clothes, but it's a matter of taste.

It's not very hard to find pictures of what is in a SP before you buy it. I already knew from checking various sites that I wasn't too crazy about most of the clothes in MSS, for instance, so I waited for it to go on sale.

I agree.
    No one should buy a Stuff Pack without researching what's in it first. Come to the forum a day or two after release and see how the stuff looks in game.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • jayfristonjayfriston Posts: 218 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I think HELS is the second best stuff pack so far.
  • breville69breville69 Posts: 1,397 New Member
    edited July 2012
    No I really like it ! :-)
  • YouMeAtSixYouMeAtSix Posts: 460 Member
    edited July 2012
    I really like this stuff pack, it's actually the only one I bothered to buy.
  • cool_owl_city_rockcool_owl_city_rock Posts: 1,715 Member
    edited July 2012
    I actually like some of the stuff in it. The vibrating bed was really cool. I got High End Loft for free for downloading Pets, but I wouldn't buy it personally. It's a nice addition to my game though.
  • Sims_for_lifeSims_for_life Posts: 195 Member
    Honestly, I'm not a massive fan of HELS, but I got it in a starter pack with the base game and Late night so it wasnt too bad :)
    I am the champion, my friend
  • YuiVooYuiVoo Posts: 173 Member
    thats why i don't buy stuff packs. always check what it adds to the game before you buy anything
  • Sims_for_lifeSims_for_life Posts: 195 Member
    I agree with YuiVoo, I was quite dissapointed wit HELS!
    I am the champion, my friend
  • BeorthedogBeorthedog Posts: 33 Member
    I liked this stuff-pack. But thats also cuz it came with the starter pack. I would not spend 20 on it on it's own, but thats since I got into the future most likely. I would NOT call it a rip off tho.
    I just got promoted to a member :P
    I'm a TOTAL newby to the sims, and I suck at building houses.
    I wanna become a comic book artist someday :D
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Even though I think High and Loft Stuff clothes and hair are total 🐸🐸🐸🐸, in terms of object design it's one of the best Stuff Packs.... too bad it doesn't bring much...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited October 2015
    Duplicate post.
    Post edited by MiyuEmi on
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • pinkieposhpinkieposh Posts: 241 Member

I love the items that came with this SP. I paid like around $10 and it was worth it for me. I think the items works well with Late Night EP. But if you are not into modernish, futuristic stuff, then I don't think you would appreciate it. I personally love the furnitures and the matching fence and railings. There are also couple of CAS items that I think are great.

http://www.thesimalogue.com/the-sims-3-high-end-loft.html

4178752_orig.jpg
    6583678_orig.jpg
    tumblr_phvdhrrkdl1qcy6v1o1_r2_540.png
    My Page My Simblr My Studio
    My YouTube Channel
  • einshelmdweiylleeinshelmdweiylle Posts: 35 New Member
    Got this stuff pack free with another EP, can't complain there. Though I wish there were more interesting buy objects, however that's a matter of opinion. Love that vibrating bed though... :D
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited April 2015
    The stats on the vibrating bed should have been at least an 8 sleep but it is a 5 I think :'( And seeing as though beds go up to 10 sleep stat that is like wasting hours a day just to have a pretty bed.Great for a guest room though so when you are not using it for guests or to actually go to bed you can get the vibration effect for something to do.The stats really make me sad on it.Same with the cool bed from the Full Regal living set used in the Monarch suite featured look.Awful bed stats. :s
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @pinkieposh Great graphics in your game by the way. :) Me likey
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • AMofOzAMofOz Posts: 856 Member
    I really liked it! I got it in the Starter Pack with the base game and Late Night expansion. To me it suits the Late Night BridgePort town best with the city vibe and highrise apartments and sleek modern designs.

I really enjoyed the nod back to the Sims 1 and 2 with the aquarium, love bed, and electric guitar. Also like the treadmill!
    -Ann Maree (AM for short)
    Feel free to add me on The Sims 3 MyPage.
    I now own the store! (apart from avatars and badges)
  • AkeelneyAkeelney Posts: 115 Member
    You should've watched a review first then....
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    I actually use the furniture from this SP regularly so I'll disagree here. I think this is a nice pack. I don't use the clothing often as I bought it solely for the furniture items available.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    I wanted this SP for the aquarium and TS1 objects, so I got my money's worth. Also, my most favorite male hairstyle is from this SP, so I use it regularly.
    EiFlric.png
  • simmer00simmer00 Posts: 17 Member
    ^I got it for the aquarium too. I really like this stuff pack personally and use the furniture quite often.
  • KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Huh, i've had this SP for so long and never new their was a vibrating bed! I guess I'll have to put on in my game now. Bates Motel will be a little more exciting now!