Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Little Details

GleestickyGleesticky Posts: 508 Member
What are some of the little details you like in Sims 4? Mine is that when they brush their teeth it's more realistic then on Sims 3, but spitting out the tooth paste and using water :)
Post edited by Gleesticky on

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I'm not a fan of when a sim gets sick, but I do love how they really improved on this from the past games. In TS4, when a sim gets sick, you can really tell they are not feeling well. And all the different things they can do to get better.
    13244217_603866116430354_6906463295786161550_o.jpg

Also while on this subject, how the whole matter of being able to call in sick, and not just faking it either. I am playing a teen, who was able to call in sick. She was not quite there yet, but since she was able to call the school. She was able to stay home, and rest.

In TS3, when they got sick, other than a negative moodlet, I could not tell the difference between a healthy and sick sim. And in TS2, when a sim got sick all their motives would just drop so quickly.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    The cooking, gardening, and fishing details. Sleeping in tub is cute too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • GleestickyGleesticky Posts: 508 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

Sleeping in the tub is very cute. I wonder, do they fall asleep in the shower? It's never happened to me.
  • GleestickyGleesticky Posts: 508 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of when a sim gets sick, but I do love how they really improved on this from the past games. In TS4, when a sim gets sick, you can really tell they are not feeling well. And all the different things they can do to get better.

Also while on this subject, how the whole matter of being able to call in sick, and not just faking it either. I am playing a teen, who was able to call in sick. She was not quite there yet, but since she was able to call the school. She was able to stay home, and rest.

In TS3, when they got sick, other than a negative moodlet, I could not tell the difference between a healthy and sick sim. And in TS2, when a sim got sick all their motives would just drop so quickly.

The sickness is much better in Sims 4 than Sims 3
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I love the different sounds different shoes make on different floors.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I like the pigeons in some of the areas of Windenburg, the duck family that crosses the road and cars stop for it. Little things like that make me smile when I come across them.
  • ShadowLabrysShadowLabrys Posts: 281 Member
    I would probably go for cooking and sleeping in tub as well
  • Sim ShadySim Shady Posts: 297 Member
    I like how they wash their hands automatically after using the toilet, will randomly kiss/hug if in a romantic relationship or friends, kids will play with toys of their own accord and choose how they want to play depending on their mood, and I also like the TV channels.
    duck.jpg
    Gleesticky wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »

Sleeping in the tub is very cute. I wonder, do they fall asleep in the shower? It's never happened to me.
    Not that I've noticed. But makes me want shower woohoo. :blush:
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    The cars look ok I guess, a bit cheeky though considering you cannot own one ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member

Like being sick in real life?
  • lalalalanalalalalalanala Posts: 102 Member
    ooo i have so many!! I love how angry and tense sims slam the fridge door and the little walk/jiggle sims do when they have to use the bathroom. I usually fast forward the game when they use the shower but i like how they sing haha. And the last one is how the children will walk up and hug their parents when they come home from work.
  • SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited May 2016
    As a big fan of horror movies, I love the terrified faces the sims give off when watching a scary movie.

KB9BaSv.jpg
    t6MdjS8.jpg
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I really like how Sims act differently based on their Emotion. Like if a Sim feels Sad they'll actually look down on the ground allot and cry every now and then and other Sims will try to comfort them, I think it's really sweet! It's nice they didn't just make Emotions as buffs.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • ScripticJusticeScripticJustice Posts: 405 Member
    edited May 2016
    Sim Shady wrote: »
    I like how they wash their hands automatically after using the toilet,will randomly kiss/hug if in a romantic relationship or friends, kids will play with toys of their own accord and choose how they want to play depending on their mood, and I also like the TV channels.

I agree with all of this and to expand on the bolded part, I love that my families and couples actually feel related/together rather than just sims who just happen to live in a house together. Just the other day, I was playing a couple who usually eat outside, but the husband was writing on the computer when the wife got hungry but instead of eating outside like she normally does she took her plate upstairs and sat on the bed near the computer instead. Its little things like that that I love
    tumblr_m4jumxorJY1qktlzuo1_500.gif
    I think I'm really going to love the new lighting.
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

Like being sick in real life?

Depends on the illness. When I get a cold, I don't become rundown really quickly, it's usually over a few days that it becomes apparent.
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    I love how the curtains move in in The Sims 4 :blush:
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • lanna_rawrlanna_rawr Posts: 25 Member
    I don't post here often, but I just had a funny moment in my game. My sim got pregnant and decided to share it with her husband. When she told him his eyes got really wide and suddenly he rolled the wish to earn $1000. lol Like, geez, I'd better start earning some money before the baby comes! :]
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Gleesticky wrote: »
    What are some of the little details you like in Sims 4? Mine is that when they brush their teeth it's more realistic then on Sims 3, but spitting out the tooth paste and using water :)

You mean while they are still eating their food in TS4? I do prefer TS2's way of brushing teeth, I like that animation better seems most realistic of them all. Might be biased. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    I had just posted something along these lines in another thread, but I like things like the upcoming "post to Simstagram" real world style parody references.