Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE SIMS 2 ULTIMATE COLLECTION? Where Do I Get It?

pookysimsloverpookysimslover Posts: 339 Member
I have just seen here on the Forum people talking about the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, but I looked on Amazon and I looked on Origin, and I couldn't find it! I have always loved The Sims 2, but though I have all of the expansions and stuff packs, I haven't been able to play sense getting a PC with Win 8! I can only install the base game on my PC, so I have been hoping EA would release The Sims 2 with all its parts in one and make it compatible with Win 8! So when I saw people talking about The Sims 2 UC, I thought maybe this was what I had been waiting for! But I can't find it anywhere! Is it only available outside the US? Can someone tell me or give me a link to where I can get the game?
To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!

Comments

• zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    edited May 2016
    The reason why you wouldn't have been able to find it is because it was a one-time offer, that I think lasted a few days back in July 2014 where EA decided they were no longer supporting TS2 and decided to give out TS2:UC on Origin to those who owned a digital copy of TS2 (you can find more info here). However, a lot of people who have owned TS2 missed this promotion, including myself, and many people have contacted EA and have provided proof of owning TS2 and have then been given a copy of The Ultimate Collection for free. If you want to get a copy, just contact EA - you can find out more on how to do this here - I hope I helped! :)
  • MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    The reason why you wouldn't have been able to find it is because it was a one-time offer, that I think lasted a few days back in July 2014 where EA decided they were no longer supporting TS2 and decided to give out TS2:UC on Origin to those who owned a digital copy of TS2 (you can find more info here). However, a lot of people who have owned TS2 missed this promotion, including myself, and many people have contacted EA and have provided proof of owning TS2 and have then been given a copy of The Ultimate Collection for free. If you want to get a copy, just contact EA - you can find out more on how to do this here - I hope I helped! :)

I second this .last week I contacted EA after finding a used copy of the sims 2 deluxe .it had a code with it .i contacted them and they gave me a code that would only work on my account and gave me the sims 2 ultimate collection
    Happy Simming!♥
  • AftrNoonOvrRideAftrNoonOvrRide Posts: 79 Member
    I tried contacting EA a few times but it wasn't until recently that I finally got a connection via chat. What was so good was that I didn't even have the game and I just asked for it nicely. Now I don't know which game to continue playing first, Sims 3 or Sims 2.
  • RLRL Posts: 305 Member
    I have a Mac, and there's a version on the App Store by Aspyr. Does anyone know if it's any good? Also, I only got into Simming last year, and I only own 4. I enjoy 4 a lot, and have never played 3. I'm just wondering if I would enjoy it and if it's worth spending £23 on...
    Check out the Sutherland ISBI!
    (Disclaimer: This blog is mainly an outlet for my weird humour)
    Click anyway! ⬇️️⬇️️⬇️️
    w2HyQcq.png
  • MartinvMartinv Posts: 254 Member
    RL wrote: »
    I have a Mac, and there's a version on the App Store by Aspyr. Does anyone know if it's any good? Also, I only got into Simming last year, and I only own 4. I enjoy 4 a lot, and have never played 3. I'm just wondering if I would enjoy it and if it's worth spending £23 on...

I have a Mac and I think it works ok. The only reason I stick to using my disc version is that I can't get my saved games to load in that version.
  • pookysimsloverpookysimslover Posts: 339 Member
    Well I have tried contacting EA/Origin 3 times, and they never answer me, on Chat! Is there a certain time that's best to try? I live in Michigan, and I know EA is in California! So could that be the problem? I have only tried between 4pm and 5:30-6pm time! Should I call earlier?
    To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!
  • VeroAXthe2ndVeroAXthe2nd Posts: 12 New Member
    I got the ultimate collection 2 days ago. I went to the support page and did a live chat. The time for me was around 10am not sure what's the best time to try but everything worked for me fine.
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Well I have tried contacting EA/Origin 3 times, and they never answer me, on Chat! Is there a certain time that's best to try? I live in Michigan, and I know EA is in California! So could that be the problem? I have only tried between 4pm and 5:30-6pm time! Should I call earlier?
    What web browser are you using? The chat doesn't work well with all of them.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member

Whether you would enjoy 3 or not would depend on what you want out of the game. It's hard to say. 3 has a beautiful fully open world, you can follow your sims around. There are buildings they just disappear into (not all) *they are called rabbit holes* so you can't follow them into all buildings. I think the traits have much more of a effect on your sims then 4's do. The neighborhood is aging and moving with you (you can turn that off)

I guess it comes down to what attracted you to 4, and if any of those things were in 3...or if you were just looking for a completely different experience.
  • dw4518dw4518 Posts: 263 Member
    i asked for it and got it for free
    Pegasus143 wrote: »

I use Google Chrome!
  • calwredcalwred Posts: 194 Member
    lol, and I bought almost all the expansions off ebay, lol could have saved about 80 dollars
    [img][/img]192afc55f0f0d45fb7387a6809b7a0f1_zpsop9jbp0b.jpg
  • calwredcalwred Posts: 194 Member
    didn't know they were still giving them out, I was told here I think that they had stopped back in 2015 giving them out
    [img][/img]192afc55f0f0d45fb7387a6809b7a0f1_zpsop9jbp0b.jpg
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    edited May 2016

perhaps you are responding to the endless sims 4 is it worth it, 3 v 4 threads
    people here have been saying they got it for free, so it's not $23.

and to the OP there is a thread on this same front page all about it, http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814708/how-to-get-ts2-ultimate-collection-windows#latest
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    edited May 2016

perhaps you are responding to the endless sims 4 is it worth it, 3 v 4 threads
    people here have been saying they got it for free, so it's not $23.

and to the OP there is a thread on this same front page all about it, http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814708/how-to-get-ts2-ultimate-collection-windows#latest

They were referring to The Sims 2 Super Collection for Mac which is £22.99, here's the link to the page: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/the-sims-2-super-collection/id883782620?mt=12

When UC came out it was only available for windows, so Aspyr made an alternative called The Sims 2: Super Collection for Macs, more info here.
    ok thanks :)

I use Google Chrome!
    The chat doesn't work with chrome- do you have another web browser that you can use (Internet Explorer, Edge, Firefox).

I use Google Chrome!
    The chat doesn't work with chrome- do you have another web browser that you can use (Internet Explorer, Edge, Firefox).

Yes both Firefox and Internet Explorer! I will try Firefox then, Thanks!
  • RikaRika Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Pegasus143 said:
    > pookysimslover wrote: »
    >
    > Pegasus143 wrote: »
    >
    > pookysimslover wrote: »
    >
    > Well I have tried contacting EA/Origin 3 times, and they never answer me, on Chat! Is there a certain time that's best to try? I live in Michigan, and I know EA is in California! So could that be the problem? I have only tried between 4pm and 5:30-6pm time! Should I call earlier?
    >
    >
    >
    > What web browser are you using? The chat doesn't work well with all of them.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I use Google Chrome!
    >
    >
    >
    > The chat doesn't work with chrome- do you have another web browser that you can use (Internet Explorer, Edge, Firefox).

It works on Microsoft Edge just fine for me. i primarily use Chrome.
  • RikaRika Posts: 2 New Member
    Annd I did try to do this now, but they ask for the code. I don't have the code anymore for TS2 anymore sadly
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Rika wrote: »
    Annd I did try to do this now, but they ask for the code. I don't have the code anymore for TS2 anymore sadly

Keep trying. It all depends on the Representative you talk to, sadly. I think it's disgusting that the reps just pick and choose on a whim who gets it when asked, and who doesn't. But, what is it people say? "Give a person a little power over others..."
    Rika wrote: »
    Do you have a disc, box, etc.? I've heard of simmers being able to get it by taking a picture of that.
  • AftrNoonOvrRideAftrNoonOvrRide Posts: 79 Member
    I remembered my experience with the customer sales rep. They even tried to make me pay for it. What I did was not respond to any of his requests for a download fee and pretended to be offline. The rep decided to give me the game after that.
    I finally went into my stuff to find my disks and found that I was missing disk one of the base game, the disk for OFB, the disk for Mansion and Garden, and the cover and booklet for Teen Style as well as the second disk and cover for SimCity 4. I called my brother who I know I lent some spare copies to and he said he has them, but he might not have actually looked, and it might be a while til I see him again, so I'm contemplating seeing if I can get the UC, but people here have said that their old game files for the disk set don't work with UC, and that is what I wouldn't like, because if I were to go back to playing 2, I'd be wanting to continue on with the old families I had. So is this true? That old files from the disk set won't work with UC?
  • juleseast3003juleseast3003 Posts: 318 Member
    I was able to get it by going on the chat page. I have the Base game and w expansion packs but my new laptop has no disc drive so I took photos of the serial codes and they added the full collection to my origin account
    Thanking you in advance
    Julie :)