Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Writer's Hangout (The Original) A Place to Share Stories and Hangout!!

WELCOME!

This thread is for all of you who felt your stories were ignored and passed up for something pointless! Here we share, read, give advice, or just hangout! This is the Original thread! The one Bean, an Original and one of the first supporters of this thread, made was deleted apparently. I am so glad to see that regulars have come back to this thread! You guys, thank you so much for supporting everyone!

Minor Rule

If you share your story, please do others a favor and read theirs too! Not saying that some of you don't, but I've notice lately that I haven't seen any feedback comments or advice giving, which is one of the main reasons for this thread! We all love to read stories and legacies!

Your creator of this thread,

Swishy

Comments

• d4ng3rousd4ng3rous Posts: 2,273 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I'm not much of a reader myself, but i can understand your frustration if you have put alot of time into it.
  • WindWineKiwi8WindWineKiwi8 Posts: 1,296 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Those premade custom pictures drive me insane! I totally understand what you mean! :evil:

Wow... I posted the above like a bizillion years ago - but at least it gives me a front row seat in a venting thread! Well - usually I don't feel like venting - but like SwishStar has said - I am getting really ticked off how someone says the word 'VAMPIRE' and suddenly they get 300 or so views and no recommendations while I am running my Darkdawn Legacy and hardly anyone looks at it... :evil: :(

Thanks though to all that do! Your awesome! :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • SwishStarSwishStar Posts: 392 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Those premade custom pictures drive me insane! I totally understand what you mean! :evil:

Yeah! D<
    Arg. Honestly. Thank you for responding to this post. I thought people would just pass it up for something that actually looked "interesting" for them. >_<
    edited November 2009
    Anyone care? Anyone frustrated like I am? Come on? Anyone? I know that I and the few who have responded to this aren't the only ones!!
  • kaylen988kaylen988 Posts: 82 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I usually use the story thing to make displays for houses I make. The sad thing is, my new computer isn't hooked up to the internet, so I can't upload anymore, and I can't upload the current house I made in my story-display!
  • typicalgeminitypicalgemini Posts: 11,295 Member
    edited November 2009
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=121412

my lrgacy sooo gets ignored, you can read the other chapters too if you like
    edited November 2009

I read two chapters of your legacy
    from the first gen.
    I like it =D
    Specially like this line right here.

Shirley"I bet a dragon came and did this "
    what? a dragon

lawl. They think of random things that just make you go roflmap in your seat. . .
    xD I'm reading more. and I favored it and recommended it. ^_^
    Check out my story?

http://www.thesims3.com/myContents.html?action=default&persona=SwishStar
    edited November 2009
    SwishStar wrote:

I read two chapters of your legacy
    from the first gen.
    I like it =D
    Specially like this line right here.

Shirley"I bet a dragon came and did this "
    what? a dragon

lawl. They think of random things that just make you go roflmap in your seat. . .
    xD I'm reading more. and I favored it and recommended it. ^_^
    Check out my story?

http://www.thesims3.com/myContents.html?action=default&persona=SwishStar

hehe glad u like it :shock:

your story is fab an :shock:d youll be glad to hear, I RECOMMENDED AND FAVOURITED THEMN :D
    edited November 2009
    ^_^ Yay! Thank you!

Chapter 3 will be out Wednesday >.>
  • Lisa_paigeLisa_paige Posts: 71 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I agree 100percent with you. The stories that are been wrote now are about Chloefleet, Jessjess and chocolateMilkipie. Most other simmers are writeing stories about them to stop.
    I dont think dey realise that the more attention they are giving them the worse they are gtting.
    I read your storys i like them think they are good.

I wrote a story here is the link for it if u wud like to read it:
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=101642

I got views and recommendation's for it but nobody told me what they enjoyed about it or ne thing.
    edited November 2009
    Lisa_paige wrote:
    I agree 100percent with you. The stories that are been wrote now are about Chloefleet, Jessjess and chocolateMilkipie. Most other simmers are writeing stories about them to stop.
    I dont think dey realise that the more attention they are giving them the worse they are gtting.
    I read your storys i like them think they are good.

I wrote a story here is the link for it if u wud like to read it:
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=101642

I got views and recommendation's for it but nobody told me what they enjoyed about it or ne thing.

Lisa:

I could not read your story, for the link was broken.
    =[
    I'm sorry. But, thank you for reading my story.
    I am very happy that you liked it.
  • vamp200080vamp200080 Posts: 182
    edited November 2009
    I understand your pain, My recent stories have not been neglected but when i first started out it was hard to get anyone to notice them.

At the moment the story board is worse than ever with two members spamming the board with their argument, it's definitely hard to get anyone to notice good well thought out stories these days when most people are more interested in reading arguments and gossip on the story board.

*Goes off to read your stories*
    edited November 2009
    vamp200080 wrote:
    I understand your pain, My recent stories have not been neglected but when i first started out it was hard to get anyone to notice them.

At the moment the story board is worse than ever with two members spamming the board with their argument, it's definitely hard to get anyone to notice good well thought out stories these days when most people are more interested in reading arguments and gossip on the story board.

*Goes off to read your stories*

Thank you for reading.
    And yeah. It is rather discerning when people would rather read an argument than a story. Has anyone tried to stop the bicker yet?

I don't even know what the heck it is all about. I honestly don't.
  • LufferkinzLufferkinz Posts: 2,600 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I agree! We should all go troll! :evil:
  • Robodl95Robodl95 Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited November 2009
    :evil: :evil: I hate this

*Graps torches and pitch forks*
    edited November 2009
    Now now, simmer down! *haha, play of words. Simmer, Sims, haha.*

I know its frustrating. And seriously, why hasn't any of those girls been taken down from the site?
    I honestly don't understand.

I reported and what not. I don't pay attention to stupid things up on the story boards anyways. I look for legacies and stories. but lately all I see is JUNK. People going "lawl, do this and this and rec or you will die in seven days."
    arg.
    It does tick me off. D:
  • VeraVera Posts: 218 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I know what you guys mean. Not only is it frustrating to have your own creations buried under junk, but you have to dig through all the flame stories and such to find the good stuff! I wish they would clean up the site a little.

I checked out your story, Inner Universe. It looks like you put a lot of effort into it! I want to say that Chapter 2 is the most successful so far, for the shots and the gray story background thing. I'm not sure if it's just on my computer, but in Chapter 2, the white background with the black designs makes the black text a little difficult to read. I think it also takes attention away from the images, whereas in Chapter 2, the viewer's attention is drawn to the pictures instead of the background. Anyway, I hope this helps. :mrgreen:

If you're looking for a decent non-legacy story, you should check out Solace. It hasn't received many recommendations, particularly my most recent release, Episode 2. I have a website for it, though.

Here are some links:

Vera's My Page
    Solace: Episode I
    Solace: Episode II

Spark Stories
    Episode I : A New Beginning
    Episode II: The First Day

Let me know what you think! 8)
    edited November 2009
    Vera wrote:
    I know what you guys mean. Not only is it frustrating to have your own creations buried under junk, but you have to dig through all the flame stories and such to find the good stuff! I wish they would clean up the site a little.

I checked out your story, Inner Universe. It looks like you put a lot of effort into it! I want to say that Chapter 2 is the most successful so far, for the shots and the gray story background thing. I'm not sure if it's just on my computer, but in Chapter 2, the white background with the black designs makes the black text a little difficult to read. I think it also takes attention away from the images, whereas in Chapter 2, the viewer's attention is drawn to the pictures instead of the background. Anyway, I hope this helps. :mrgreen:

If you're looking for a decent non-legacy story, you should check out Solace. It hasn't received many recommendations, particularly my most recent release, Episode 2. I have a website for it, though.

Here are some links:

Vera's My Page
    Solace: Episode I
    Solace: Episode II

Spark Stories
    Episode I : A New Beginning
    Episode II: The First Day

Let me know what you think! 8)

Vera...I am just in love with your story.
    I love the way you did it! And the school, the background. The effects! You need to give me some advice on the effects that you did. Completely dying to read more! If there is anymore.

If you could tell me how you did those effects, I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, it gives me sort of a movie/anime/manga feel. Which I love. Chapter 3 will be out tomorrow, by the way. So keep an eye out.

And I'll fix chapter 1 back ground so it can be easier to read.

Once again, I just love Solace. I haven't read the other stuff, though. But I will now.

P.S. Your story is the best read I have seen on this site, when it comes to fantasy.
    The best Legacy has to be "A Rotten Legacy" By Clairezy018

Are you going to continue Solace?
    edited November 2009
    oh my, thankyou for favouriting most my legacyt chaptera
  • Jake_960Jake_960 Posts: 334 New Member
    edited November 2009
    gemini, I loved your newest chapter! Amazing :)

Im so glad I found this thread... I never noticed how my story was going downhill until I looked at the views... ranging from 70 to 40.
    I hate putting in all the effort and time just to see my legacy get thrown away with less than 100 views or so.
    I know it sounds a lot, but I'm beginning to wonder if there is any point in carrying it on...
    My newest chapter got just 2 views... I only uploaded it at around 4, but still :cry:

Would you be interested in reading it? I'll post links to each chapter;

Chapter 1
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=119928

Chapter 2
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=120477

Chapter 3
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=121197

Chapter 4
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=122387

Thanks if you do :mrgreen:

• Clairezy018Clairezy018 Posts: 980 New Member
    edited November 2009
    SwishStar wrote:
    Now now, simmer down! *haha, play of words. Simmer, Sims, haha.*

I know its frustrating. And seriously, why hasn't any of those girls been taken down from the site?
    I honestly don't understand.

I reported and what not. I don't pay attention to stupid things up on the story boards anyways. I look for legacies and stories. but lately all I see is JUNK. People going "lawl, do this and this and rec or you will die in seven days."
    arg.
    It does tick me off. D:

Swishy! you know I love your story and I totally agree. I actually do a lot of publicity work for my story I'm part of a couple websites and I try to promote it. But my last chapter saw a big drop in recs which makes me sad because you think your audience should grow but then less and less people read :<
    edited November 2009
    Clairezy018, I'll give your story a read ;)
  • BlueChanBlueChan Posts: 1,600 New Member
    edited November 2009
    SwishStar, I gave your prologue a read through. I'm short on time and can't read the rest, but it seems like it's going to be interesting. :)
    edited November 2009
    Could someone please read my Burns legacy? The links are in a couple of posts up.
  • BlueChanBlueChan Posts: 1,600 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Skimmed your first chapter, Jake. It had some amusing dialogue in it. I rec'd it.