Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you prefer pre-made Sims or CAS?

Comments

• lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    I only play with the Sims I have made. Same for my stories.
  • MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    I start CAS then the people that come in are either premises, game generated or game born. I love added townies to my family to see how life could be for them.
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    dreamerz13 wrote: »
    Always my own sims. There are some fun characters in the premades, but I hate how they look. I prefer more realistic proportions and defined features in the face than they tend to have... I'm shallow, looks matter and they so don't have the look I strive for.

@dreamerz13 I don't think it makes you shallow. Maybe I say that because looks matter to me too :D Yes, my Sims must look good and that's why I always play and marry my own Sims. When people complain about no attractive or eligible male Sims in their town, I always think, why not just make and add your own males? That's what I do.
  • BrianAndreeBrianAndree Posts: 422 Member
    I make me own sims, however I will only marry 1 townie, aka Leighton Sekemoto from Sunset Valley
    Orgin: BrianAndree
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    lasummerb wrote: »
    dreamerz13 wrote: »
    Always my own sims. There are some fun characters in the premades, but I hate how they look. I prefer more realistic proportions and defined features in the face than they tend to have... I'm shallow, looks matter and they so don't have the look I strive for.

@dreamerz13 I don't think it makes you shallow. Maybe I say that because looks matter to me too :D Yes, my Sims must look good and that's why I always play and marry my own Sims. When people complain about no attractive or eligible male Sims in their town, I always think, why not just make and add your own males? That's what I do.

Well at least I'm not alone whether you want to call it shallow or not lol. I do that sometimes though, mostly to myself but still, complaining about there not being attractive male sims lol... I'm not usually as good at making them (still better than the premades though). So I kind of get why people don't do that sometimes. Of course, practice helps too and keeping a nice base to work from when you do make a good looking sim. But yeah, I still make all the guys for my ladies.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    marstinson wrote: »
    I typically start with CAS, but end up acquiring townies and eventually give my guys the boot. My most recent started off as a single Witch (Warlock?) in Midnight Hollow in the Ghostbuster career. He took a vacation to Sunset Valley, married Agnes Crumplebottom, who I decided must be the black sheep of the Crumplebottom sisters (the oldest sister has many shared traits), so added them to her family tree and we'll see where it goes from there. Agnes is actually pretty cute once you get rid of the Bettie Bangs hairstyle and make some light changes to the makeup (thanks @CravenLestat for giving me the idea). I haven't offed or booted my guy yet, but we'll have to see what happens. It's been a while since one of my CAS guys died of old age, so maybe I'll keep him around for a while.

Please share the screenshot of your makeover. :p
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    cwaddell wrote: »
    Premade sims. <3<3 They are really cute.

I think your favorite is your sim self who is not a premade. But have you ever played a game without your sim self? It is only your main sim's love interests that are premades.

I am similar in that I almost always play a main female sim I created, although not always the same exact one. But it's my main sim's love interests where we differ. They can be created by me entirely, EA sims that I have tweaked, other people's sims I have downloaded and tweaked. But in all cases any sims in my household have gone through slider tweaking in CAS by me.

The only exception was when I played my legacy game. The rules did not allow for tweaking. It also required using only townies for spouses to legacy sims. That's when I started to appreciated EA townie sims more but I still prefer sims I have created or altered.

True the only male I play is my simself :p .But interact with and marry and have babies with premades.The only "Made" sims that go in my games are superheros like Harley Quinn or Wonderwoman or The riddler etc.It is so fun to play in a town and go in a bar and see Mystique from the X-men shooting pool or run into Harley Quinn doing ballet barret at the gym.Something really neat about adding premades in my towns from every expansion and store world because everybody has on different clothes and stand out.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    I like both, however I tend to play with my own sims that I've made in CAS and then marry pre-mades into my family as time goes on. :)
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I use both premades and my own sims though I'll raid premades for adding social workers to the town since I have the NPC ones blocked unless they adopt a child the EA way.I might raid a few houseolds of roomies for my social workers in Glen Harbor.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    CAS. The only pre-mades I'll use are ones that I saved into that premade bin. Generally they're legacy sims born in game that weren't chosen as the heir. I think I prefer the personalisation of story and traits available to me when I create my own sims.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    I generally only play sims I've made in CAS or their born-in-game offspring. And to be honest, if I ever really tried to play with townies on a regular basis by the time I got done tweaking them in CAS to my liking, I might as well have started from scratch anyway!

The only three exceptions to this are Amy Bull, an aged down Cornelia Goth and a "cousin" of Jessica Talon that I call Jura. These are without a doubt my favorite townies and I drop them into every save I create and also play them in some form or another frequently.

Cornelia, Amy and the Alpha Werewolf Jura. <3 Here's hoping Flickr doesn't eat my pics up... :p

18246482861_408079c5ee_z.jpg

13454998163_eabaf8716a_z.jpg

17168051300_1cb559dcb3_z.jpg

18836610962_2806ce3b4e_z.jpg
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Lucky25Lucky25 Posts: 544 Member
    CAS. Pre-made Sims aren't pretty enough for me and I like to create everything to perfection!
    ace46abf-17de-4ccb-b09d-2f869a1566dc_zpswzf3im24.jpg
  • ShadowLabrysShadowLabrys Posts: 281 Member
    edited May 2016
    Ooh this is a hard one id say both if like a year ago or so I would of gone with pre made but now I normally use both pre made and cas cause I just love em
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    I create my starting sim, but marry premades. Sometimes I'll create a mate if there are no available sims, but mostly the former.
    @Darkling <3<3 Where you been hiding...And nice pics My vote is for AMY :love: sooo pretty.And just the sound of a Alpha female scares me.Then she is a werewolf. :# Tell me where she lives so I can tell my sims not to trick or treat at Juras house.They may never return. :(

DfydFiZ.gif
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    slightly OT but I wonder what custom skins some of you are using?

I tend to play ones I made. Have no problem with my Sims marrying premades, though sometimes I give them makeovers.
  • jelloarmsjelloarms Posts: 129 Member
    I just recently installed Sims3 after a several year hiatus. In the past I only played Sims I created with the EXCEPTION of Bella and Mortimer Goth. I had to make sure they got together in the end!

Since it's been a while since I've last played, I decided to play a premade townie in Bridgeport...Lenny Shutter...just to re-familiarize myself with the controls. I didn't like him at first since he wasn't "mine" but he has really grown on me!
  • dw4518dw4518 Posts: 263 Member
    premades mostly
  • DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    @CravenLestat, Hello! <3 I've been...distracted by other things lately (*cough* Netflix *cough*) but hopefully I've gotten that under control now! :D

I love Amy, too. I remember when Ambitions was released and I was giving 95% of the townies desperately needed makeovers. Amy's was without a doubt the most drastic and impressive of all of them.

And your trick or treaters would most likely be safe around Jura, she's almost tame in my game. Not sure the same can be said about this one, however! >:)

femwere.jpg
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited May 2016
    Darkling wrote: »
    I generally only play sims I've made in CAS or their born-in-game offspring. And to be honest, if I ever really tried to play with townies on a regular basis by the time I got done tweaking them in CAS to my liking, I might as well have started from scratch anyway!

The only three exceptions to this are Amy Bull, an aged down Cornelia Goth and a "cousin" of Jessica Talon that I call Jura. These are without a doubt my favorite townies and I drop them into every save I create and also play them in some form or another frequently.

Cornelia, Amy and the Alpha Werewolf Jura. <3 Here's hoping Flickr doesn't eat my pics up... :p

18246482861_408079c5ee_z.jpg

Oh myyy... Cornelia! <3 Normally I'm not a fan of short hair but it totally works on her. Since Craven picked Amy I'll pick Cornelia. :) She reminds me of Winona Ryder from Beetlejuice.

And who is the fourth woman at the bottom?

I like your avatar and signature women, too! :)
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • SimulanceSimulance Posts: 313 Member
    I only play with my Sims I've made myself, but there are a couple of cute pre-mades I sometimes use as neighbours/friends.
  • trishyjacktrishyjack Posts: 49 Member
    pre-made sims hands down because I can manipulate the genetics.
  • trishyjacktrishyjack Posts: 49 Member
    lol I meant CAS :s
  • marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    edited May 2016
    Please share the screenshot of your makeover. :p

I'll give it a shot. Never tried to post with an image before:

And if that doesn't work, link is here.

EDIT: attach image didn't work, so link will have to do. I have no CC, so it's passable for my eyes.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)

there are Pre-made Sims I like but I like starting with my own Sims. I can marry some into the family but they're not as special to me as the ones I make. :)

This. Exactly. I'll start with one sim, marry a townie, give them an appearance only makeover (just hair and clothes), and each generation marry in new townies, but they always feel like secondary characters to me.

There has been times I've really grown attached to a townie, but not too often. I tend to like uni townies best, too.

Even when I create a couple in CAS, their kids marry townies.

One of the worst husbands my sim has ever had was skip broke. He really woo'd her, I thought they were soul mates. She was a multi-millionaire. I think he loved her money. He was constantly rolling wishes to spend her money. Once they were married, he was very indifferent to her and their daughter.

Matthew Hemming (if I got the right last name) was the other worst. He married my sim, got her pregnant, went to town to eat. I left him alone for two seconds and when I went back to check on him he was hard core flirting with another sim.

I had his wife go and catch him. Over the course of one day my sim had fell in love, got married, got pregnant, and divorced.

She moved from Bridgeport to roaring heights, meet another townie (forget his name) and had 3 more kids. They were quite happy.
    p8L4V6v.png