Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[UPDATE] The Sims 4: Lifestate Survey

Comments

• Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    it should be multiple choice, like you can pick more than one.
    there wasn't an option for Sorcerers, So I voted werewolves.
    just so you know witch doesnt mean female only.. male and female witches are still called witches so you can be a male witch.

• Cesal95Cesal95 Posts: 298 Member
    It's a tough call, but I chose fairy because I loved them in TS3. I really need a Supernatural EP :'(
    PoroLoL_zpset4qfym5.gif
  • Beena0721Beena0721 Posts: 82 Member
    Really, I want most of these to return, but I couldn't resist voting for Bigfoot. I always loved finding his secret area in Bon Voyage. I sort of hoped he'd come back with OR.. Oh well.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    just so you know witch doesnt mean female only.. male and female witches are still called witches so you can be a male witch.

I think you quoted the wrong post but yes you are correct. I hate it when people mistake male witchs as warlocks or wizards. They fail to realize Warlock literally means oath breaker and are witchs who have betrayed their covens and usually practice dark magic.

And Wizards are completely different classes just like Sorcerers, Mages, etc.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    Weirdos, all of you! We need Oompa-loompas and Leprechauns first! ;)
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited May 2016
    Our first diagram!
    RtsmNDK.png
    Looks like Witches, Vampires and Mermaids are the most popular right now...

Next diagram at 1,000 voters!
    a256aFi.gif
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Guys, vote for the plantsim! It is a type that even non-supernatural fans can enjoy as its existence is completely up to the player....Plus they are amazing!
  • SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    @LenaDieters11 I could hug you. Plantsims all the way! It's not that I don't like the others, it's that Plantsims are more sims to me and if I had to choose only one....
  • simscoven88simscoven88 Posts: 58 Member
    edited May 2016
    I really want fairies to have better abilities, be more mysterious and have wings like these, they are gorgeous...

http://faeryazarelle.deviantart.com/art/Fancy-Fairy-Iridescent-Bee-Fairy-Wings-Stock-468551533
  • boguczed1boguczed1 Posts: 170 Member
    My view on "Lifestates" is I love them, I have bought into The Sims since 2001, and I find them refreshing to an otherwise bland game, they change up gameplay. I do not personally get why there are parts of the community that say "No Lifestates because I need realism." If most people wanted a fully realistic Sims game, we would not have The Sims, it would be "EA Real Life Simulator."

Video Games are meant to help one have fun in a fantastical world, not be real life in a digital medium, that is why The Sims has been so successful, it is a quirky and fun satire of real life mixed with fiction.

I do not see a reason to bar Lifestates, there have always been mods to remove Lifestates.
  • snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    The key word here is "playable". Although I would love to have REAL vampires (not watered-down, non-scary vampires like I KNOW EA would insist on), I would pick a playable Genie over all of them. Being able to grant wishes to Sims (other than just the played household) would be awesome.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    You're likely going to hate my response, but the ONLY life state I'm interested in returning is TODDLERS. Seriously, I hated all the other ones and was so very thankful that the Devs chose to put aliens (my supernatural of choice) in Seasons and not Supernatural. I bought Seasons and not the other.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    You're likely going to hate my response, but the ONLY life state I'm interested in returning is TODDLERS. Seriously, I hated all the other ones and was so very thankful that the Devs chose to put aliens (my supernatural of choice) in Seasons and not Supernatural. I bought Seasons and not the other.

I don't care for supernatural lifestates either. I disabled vampires in Late Night. Just not my thing.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member

It's not like that, Sorcerer can mean that too.

It's just, there are two reasons why I prefer Sorcerers than witches.

One being: They're not the Same. Sorcerers are truly far more powerful than witches.

Second is more Self Serving: I personally don't like the title "witch" to me it's insulting. Same with Wizards who are slightly more powerful, but when I hear "wizards," I think, Harry Potter, and when I think Harry Potter, I think Lame and weak. but when I think Sorcerers, and Druids, I think Awesome, powerful, cunning.

It's basically a power upgrade and a name change, it's not too much to ask.

You can still have a Sorcerer be a Witch, but you can never have a Witch be a Sorcerer, and that's the struggle I've faced with the Sims 3 and older.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • SourochaSourocha Posts: 1,465 Member
    Witch! And I hope it comes with a system like the one from the sims 2 ( good, neutral and evil witch)
  • taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    @Sourocha I agree. Sims 2 witches are really fun to play. I just don't want my evil witch to turn green. Everything else is yes please. More spells like sims 3 would be nice. My vote is obviously for witches. lol
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I want them all back, but I really liked fairies, vampires, and plantsims. Mummies and mermaids were cool too.
    Toddlers are a life stage, not state
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    What is this gem of a thread?
    a256aFi.gif
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    Guys, vote for the plantsim! It is a type that even non-supernatural fans can enjoy as its existence is completely up to the player....Plus they are amazing!

I always thought Plantsims were the most boring lifestate ever. I had one in Sims 2 and was not impressed at all.

As far as other lifestates go, I really only need vampires and witches back. I would also enjoy mermaids and fairies again if they made a comeback. Werewolves are cool in theory, but the Sims series never really does them correctly.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • TechToTravisTechToTravis Posts: 133 Member
    mermaids are awesome! i just don't like thier rainbow colored legs when they are on land...
  • lalalalanalalalalalanala Posts: 102 Member
    mermaids are awesome! i just don't like thier rainbow colored legs when they are on land...

Same! I always thought it looked awful and my sims never wore shorts hahaha. I am hoping for mermaids too! It would perfect if they were going do another vacation beach neighborhood.
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    I chose Robots. They could be a good tie-in with the careers. And then you could sell your creation or let it live in the neighbourhood if you didn't want to play it.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    my vote is an option to have those things fully off in game for simmers that do not went these things in game

What @friendlysimmers said
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    I still don't understand why there should be options to turn something off that you didn't have to buy in the first place
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    edited May 2016
    I still don't understand why there should be options to turn something off that you didn't have to buy in the first place

Not every simmers plays the same and some buy the eps mostly for the content it brings like new furniture ect not the lifestate its self as a simmer i do not play the supernatural lifestates when i bough the ep in sims 3 it was mostly for the furniture and the addition of rocking chairs and would much rather have super natural life states urn off via an option if i do not went them to spawn my game and i went to apoligize in advance but i find as a simmer your post a bit rude if there is such an ep for the sims4 if i buy it it will mostly be for the furniture and content it would add to my game not the lifestates its self
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(