Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it my Nraas Mods or the Expansion Itself?

Not the first this happens to me

I am currently playing a family in Riverview, and I started this thing of activating expansion once I fully-played with one.
I just currently activated Late Night and the game broke. It freezes every like 4 seconds but animations and sounds keep going.

I had been playing with University Life, World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations and this would only happen when I would play for a long Long time. I have the Overwatch, StoryProgression, Decensor, Master Controller, Relativity mods, including some "replacement/new mesh" mods. I would really appreciate help in here.
When will my reflection show?
0f6_zpsnz47jegb.gif

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    What world are you playing in? If it's Bridgeport then that could be the problem as it does have some issues but most people seem to be able to play it.

I'm not sure of any adjustments you may need to do to prevent routing errors though.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I'd take your mods folder out, run a test game with the same expansions, in the same town and see how that goes.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • boguczed1boguczed1 Posts: 170 Member
    PikminW wrote: »
    Not the first this happens to me

I am currently playing a family in Riverview, and I started this thing of activating expansion once I fully-played with one.
    I just currently activated Late Night and the game broke. It freezes every like 4 seconds but animations and sounds keep going.

I had been playing with University Life, World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations and this would only happen when I would play for a long Long time. I have the Overwatch, StoryProgression, Decensor, Master Controller, Relativity mods, including some "replacement/new mesh" mods. I would really appreciate help in here.

I would assume it could be Story Progression if you have all notifications on and possibly some of the replacement/new mesh mods. Overwatch solves problems, not causes them. I would also recommend installing Nraas Error Trap. And make sure they are for the recent update to the game launcher.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Yes on ErrorTrap, and yes on making sure all of your NRaas and other mods are up to date. The only one of ours that needed updating for the latest patch, if you are on 1.69, was ErrorTrap but the others have had recent updates for other reasons.

Before you do the clean folder test, if it's not too late, you might also try starting a new test game in Riverview with what you have in play now and playing around with it for an hour or so just to see how it behaves. I would also suggest deleting your game folder's 5 cache files if you don't already routinely do that.

On your already ongoing world, it could just be that the addition of LN (and maybe some of its lots if you let the game do that for you?) has upset the world's routing and the game engine is getting stuck constantly trying to reroute the inactives all over the place. You might try doing a MasterController reset on the entire world. On City Hall or an in-game computer, NRaas > MC > Town > Reset Everything. If that helps, I would also suggest adding GoHere to improve world lot routing, but that would be more of an afterthought.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited May 2016
    If you have recently installed an expansion and you didn't move your Sims 3 folder out of the My Documents \ Electronic Arts folder to do the install, it is possible some data in your Sims 3 folder became corrupt when you did the installation of the Expansion.

The fix for that is to start a new Sims 3 folder. But I'd try all other options first if they are going to be easy to do.
    Karritz wrote: »
    If you have recently installed an expansion and you didn't move your Sims 3 folder out of the My Documents \ Electronic Arts folder to do the install, it is possible some data in your Sims 3 folder became corrupt when you did the installation of the Expansion.

The fix for that is to start a new Sims 3 folder. But I'd try all other options first if they are going to be easy to do.

That's a good point. I always removed my game folder for patches but for some reason never remembered for the EPs and guess I had been lucky that nothing bad ever happened during those installs over the years.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • PikminWPikminW Posts: 169 Member
    @ChelleJo I will do that.

@boguczed1 I forgot to mention I already have ErrorTrap.

@Karritz I will. Thanks for the reminder

@igazor What does GoHere do?
    0f6_zpsnz47jegb.gif
    @PikminW - GoHere replaces the "Go Here..." type of interactions with modified ones and makes improvements to world lot routing. Here is a more thorough description.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/GoHere+Phase+Eight
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Daggum it, @igazor... you keep telling all the amazing things these Nraas mods do, and I'll own the whole lot of them. :) *rushes off to download and install GoHere*

Every time you talk about one or link one, I go read and I'm all..."Oh, I need that in my game!" I should save my time, and just go read the whole website, but I won't. I'll just wait for your next nugget drop of info. :D
    p8L4V6v.png
    edited May 2016
    Well, let's remember that Twallan developed all of these mods except for the two that we released after his retirement, Cupcake and Tagger, for his own game first so he did use all of them. Therefore, each of them must have some great benefit or they wouldn't have been worthy of sharing.

There's a small number I still don't use myself. For example, HomeOpener would probably kill my game's performance except in the smallest of worlds. I don't have any use for the Assassination career skill. Dresser scares me. So do some of the SP Personality modules and the lethal Vector diseases, and I don't usually scare easily. :p

(Now watch as everyone runs to get all of these just to see what I'm talking about or to come up with questions that I cannot begin to answer...)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    (Yes, let the questions beginning.... *clears throat*)

I tease. I did have Dresser last time I played (before my break). I haven't gotten it back yet. For the life of me, I don't even remember why I had it. That was my rule of thumb this go around on mods. If I don't remember why I had it, or what it was for, I'd wait until I truly needed it.

I know it sounds very goofy, but with you having a on-going 4 year game... I feel, if you run the mods in your game, they would likely be safe in my game. That's probably why I always see which mods you are talking about or linking and I'll go read and see if it's something fun for my game (FYI... that food overhaul mod... oh, my! I am having so much fun with it. Are there more recipes that work with it? Like mexican cuisine or any others?).

I seriously never got into mods until Sims 3 and my first mod was MC cause I wanted to edit pregnant sim's clothing. Everyone was talking about it, and I figured, that good of "word of mouth"... it was probably trust-worthy.

Sorry for hi-jacking your thread, OP. But I could pick Igazor's brain for days about mods (though he's probably already running scared thinking I'm a mod-stalker! LOL :D )
    p8L4V6v.png
  • pineapplerunawaypineapplerunaway Posts: 153 Member
    I had a similar problem except my game kept crashing to desktop every few seconds/minutes :s Getting ErrorTrap definitely helped with that. But also making a new save and deleting cache files can help with lagging/freezing. I know I'm probably repeating what others have said, but that's just what works for me :D
    Get off my lawn!
    @ChelleJo - Yes, the Cooking Overhaul mod is lots of fun as is icarus_allsorts' Cook With Any Ingredients and they do work well together. A few mods from other developers do make use of the Overhaul's special ingredients. One happens to be a mod I've been helping test for a couple of months now that hasn't been released yet but it's "coming soon" (it's not an NRaas mod).

I don't recall seeing one that specializes in Mexican cuisine in particular, though there's Cinderellimouse's Greek Ingredients and Icemunmun's various creations.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    I find icemunmun is a great source of wonderful plants, ingredients and recipes. I just googled her and see she's released a harvestable olive tree to add to her collection. So I grabbed it too. I have a heap of her amazingly fun mods in my game already so I guess one more won't hurt.

They seem to work together to make sure their mods don't clash. Cinderellimouse, iceminmun and icarus_allsorts.
    @Karritz - I know that olives come into play here someplace. But icemun's standalone harvestable olive tree is TS4 content -- unless I am missing a different item?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    igazor wrote: »
    @Karritz - I know that olives come into play here someplace. But icemun's standalone harvestable olive tree is TS4 content -- unless I am missing a different item?

Is that so. I'll have to put it into my Sims 4 game then. :'(
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    I almost made the same mistake! When I saw it I thought "how cool!" And then I noticed it was for TS4.... :'( is right!

I've tried that ingredient overhaul mod a time or two but it just looks like too much trouble to me. Plus I think it conflicts with any mod that modifies bars. But I do love icemun's food and plant mods, those have been a lot of fun. I did remove her Spring harvest one though because the recipe books were substituting the potion recipes on the science table (I did report this to her).
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • PikminWPikminW Posts: 169 Member
    So @igazor i think you can help me out on this: I deleted my Sims 3 Folder and it erased 8.28 gigs and then I placed my save file and mods folder into the new one. I deactivated Late Night and instead activated Supernatural. The game ran fine, the freezing went on though but for shorter amounts of time and in larger intervals. Thing is Error Trap started giving me +300 notifications on script errors. Why is this?
    0f6_zpsnz47jegb.gif
    edited May 2016
    PikminW wrote: »
    So @igazor i think you can help me out on this: I deleted my Sims 3 Folder and it erased 8.28 gigs and then I placed my save file and mods folder into the new one. I deactivated Late Night and instead activated Supernatural. The game ran fine, the freezing went on though but for shorter amounts of time and in larger intervals. Thing is Error Trap started giving me +300 notifications on script errors. Why is this?

First of all, if I am understanding this correctly, you are playing a saved game forward that has "seen" LateNite with that EP now removed (or deactivated). You cannot do that. Some EPs when they go missing will cause a game to outright crash (Pets is one), others will just cause malfunctions and permanent corruption. There are skills, careers, and irreplaceable objects associated with many EPs that a game holds data for that, without those EPs in play, become all mixed up. Or...did you really mean that you started a new game from the beginning without LN in place?

As for why ErrorTrap is having heartburn on you, that is impossible to determine without reading the error logs. The procedure to get assistance in interpreting those is to zip some samples together (not all 300 please), upload them to our site, and open up a support thread on the ErrorTrap Issues board. One of us will respond there.
    https://nraas.wikispaces.com/How+To+Upload
    (free registration required to upload and post a support thread)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!