Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Angel in the darkness – An Ambrosia Challenge

Prologue

The first time I saw you was like magic. I was a waiter in “the house of beautiful skills” when you where playing piano. I never had heard such beautiful music before. I had never seen such a beautiful girl before and I don’t think that anybody could be more beautiful. You wore your hair on one side and your dress was twinkling like million stars. I knew that I was made for you in that moment.

OQdSNrr.png

You were so focused on the music that I don’t know if you saw me. Did you?

wOA51cK.png

But you were not just into music. I saw you in the museum and you painted there as if nobody was watching. I could watch you for hours. I wished I had the courage to speak with you but then this guy came and you enjoyed speaking with him so much. I went home, but I knew he wasn’t the right for you.

7EtDRVS.png

I tried to keep away from you but I couldn’t. I watched you through one of the windows of your house how you played the violin. It sounded so beautiful but your real passion was the piano.

hgHFayq.png

I often came to watch you. Maybe this was not right or common, but how should I have spoken to you without knowing more about you?

zVneOb6.png

Sometimes you jogged outside. I hated the reason for this. Your mother said to you that you have to make sport to keep you figure. You are so amazing no matter if you make sport or not.

xcbSfT5.png

I watched how your mother came back from work and how you went to high school. I saw how you greeted your father when he got home. I saw how you liked to keep inside with your family.

0B1r8HE.png

But time never stops. You grew older and you wanted to see a bit of the world.
I went into a cafe and there you were. I knew that this was my chance to finally talk to you. You and me. It was destiny.

VVRCFe3.png

I sat down at the other side of your table. You smiled friendly at me.

BFEqtkT.png

You had the most beautiful smile I ever saw. You didn’t look away when I took a photo of you.

H9afmd4.png

You just asked me friendly why I did so. I said that I saw you at your first performance and that I were at all the others that followed. I said that you would be a star soon. You smiled just friendly and a bit shy and said that you weren’t that good. But you know what? You were even better than all these stars cause you had really talent and that you are gifted.

Gtb6ZAg.png

Too soon you excused yourself and went home. You were even more amazing than I thought. You were the only one who wanted to speak with me.

L6gQqYo.png

I followed you from this moment on everywhere. You started to go swimming. I couldn’t take my eyes of you. Your mother really should never say something to you. You were perfect and your name fitted you so well. Angel … You were really an angel …

xZ9jG0B.png

MUej8A9.png

When you saw me you didn’t turn your back on me. No. You sat down next to me and asked me if I wanted to swim with you.

TxQBCoX.png

We had so much fun together. I saw it. I felt it. You loved me too. It had to be this way.

33X9qpT.png

I decided to make the next step and I knocked at your door. I was happy when you came and opened it.

qNB5jX1.png

You didn’t let me in. You asked me what I was doing here and how I knew your address. You weren’t afraid of me. It couldn’t be.

A7fbMvP.png

I tried to say you that I loved you but you were suddenly so cold. It was because of your parents right? I was too old for you but this were just a few years. They would understand.

k2ajGPy.png

You looked so sad. You said I should go and never speak with you. I hate your parents. It was all their fault. We were made for each other how could they try to separate us? We would run away as soon as you were eighteen. Then they couldn’t keep us from being together.

DlNplFX.png

Your father stormed outside and yelled at me. He said he would arrest me if he would see me ever again near your house. And you? You just stood there and didn’t say anything.

8sGN4nw.png

I asked you if you really wanted me to go and you said yes, but your eyes said something different.

3B32UBB.png

You hugged your father. How could you hug him after he was so mean to me? You were just confused. It had to be like this.

Y6yBJSy.png

I knew I should not come to your house again. I just had to. I made a key and went into your room. I saw the postcards of your relatives. You were dreaming of seeing the world and I would come with you.
I took a few photos of your room. I wanted to be as close as possible to you.

ijXPo0k.png

I sat on your bed. I just couldn’t stop imagining to watch you sleeping. You would be so beautiful and peaceful.

HCJ8aVN.png

I started to imagine how our first time would be. How it would be if you just came in and I would kiss you. I would undress you and kiss your naked skin.

n6CZG3i.png

I imagined how your lips would taste. How you would whisper that you loved me the whole time and that I was the perfect man for you.

ldlewLH.png

But instead of this you spent your time with this guy. He didn’t deserved you. Not even as friend.

swrBMr1.png

You started playing the guitar. This was not your passion. It was the piano. Why couldn’t you see this?

s55s09v.png

Then your birthday came. You finally become eighteen. Nobody could separate us anymore. You were mine.

DC0ViPU.png

The day after your birthday your parents went to an important business dinner and you stayed at home. You said that you wanted to do your homework and go asleep. You were such a good liar. You just wanted them to go so that you can be alone with me. Right?
I let myself in. You turned around at the sound of my key.

leBC5ms.png

You were so shocked. But you knew this day would come. I started to say you that we could finally be together but you were so afraid of me. I never did something to you and I never could.

N0HvRCF.png

I just wanted to take your hand, but you struggled back. I NEVER DID YOU SOMETHING.

nXkunRB.png

You screamed for help and I lost control. I hit you, but I apologized. Why did you still not want me to touch you? Why are you trying to run away?

JFjStLG.png

I wrapped my arms around you. You tried to escape and I said you that I would hold you until you calmed down. You were fighting and you tried to push my hands away. I hold you until you stopped fighting. I let you out of my arms and you fell to the floor. I softly stroke through your hair. Then I heard the sound of the car of your parents. I kissed your cold getting cheek and whispered I would come back to you. You weren’t breathing. I panicked. Your parents would be here any minute. They would know what to do.

oDVfij9.png

I ran away. You were still alive. I would have to hide for a while because your father is a secret agent but I would come back to you.

lBu7Aw3.png

I looked at the pictures I had taken of you. No. You were happy and alive. I would never harm you. We were made for each other.

RL9rGXC.png

YOU HAD TO BE ALIVE. I WOULD NEVER HURT YOU. I LOVE YOU FOREVER.

OnfgWup.png

Comments

• SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    This is so good! I loved the prologue, definitely distrusted that creep from the beginning!
    Can't wait to read more <3
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Awesome! I can't wait for more either. :D
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    I love such stories <3 It remembered me a bit about one my story and about my book although there no ghosts, only vampires what live between people nowadays ;):D I love dark mysterious stories and I guess this one will be one of my favorites ;)
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Amazing (but tragic!!!) beginning! I hope you enjoy the challenge. Can't wait to read more!
    snvAF3B.png
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    edited May 2016
    This is so good! I loved the prologue, definitely distrusted that creep from the beginning!
    Can't wait to read more <3

Ahh thank you so much. I was not sure how to begin this story. I know it is pretty creepy but future chapters won't be too dark.
    Awesome! I can't wait for more either. :D

I love such stories <3 It remembered me a bit about one my story and about my book although there no ghosts, only vampires what live between people nowadays ;):D I love dark mysterious stories and I guess this one will be one of my favorites ;)

I hope you won't be too disappointed but it won't stay like this the whole time. It will be much lighter.
    Amazing (but tragic!!!) beginning! I hope you enjoy the challenge. Can't wait to read more!

I enjoy it pretty much already. Thanks for reading and for creating this challenge :)
    No, @Marialein, I'm not disappointed :) I felt the same mysterious atmosphere in your story, that's all ;)<3
  • ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Ooh dark and different! I love the beginning although I wasn't sure if she or he would end up being the ghost. It would be freakier if it was him, I'll admit, so I'm happy with how it turned out.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Whoa! That was scary but I couldn't stop reading. What's the ambrosia challenge about? Didn't find it on the list of challenges.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Whoa! That was scary but I couldn't stop reading. What's the ambrosia challenge about? Didn't find it on the list of challenges.

Here you can find it.
    For short it is the challenge behind Dust to Dust :)
    Thanks for reading <3
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Wow! Bookmarked! :)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited May 2016
    Just in case if you are interested in Angels real skills:
    When she was a kid she absolved the whiz kid aspiration and the artistic prodigy aspiration.
    During her teenage years she became a bestselling author, a painter extraordinary and a musical genius. To make her death as easy as possible she died cause of laugher. i just loved her too much for an other form of death.
    Guitar level: 9
    Piano: 10
    Violine: 10
    Painting: 10
    Writing:10
    the rest are some little things. The piano she completed already as a kid ;)
    Marialein wrote: »
    @roseinblack69 sometimes we think quite similar I guess. Just think of Nexir :D

Yes, @Marialein and it's really great <3 Yes, Nexir is just one of these similarities, it's why I am so happy seeing him alive in your story ;)
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    Another one for the bookmarks :)
    ra3rei wrote: »
    Ooh dark and different! I love the beginning although I wasn't sure if she or he would end up being the ghost. It would be freakier if it was him, I'll admit, so I'm happy with how it turned out.

Somehow I oversaw your comment but you are right. With him it would be very creepy :D
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    Another one for the bookmarks :)

Yay <3

• LluviaRainLluviaRain Posts: 2,199 Member
    Bookmarked!
    Not sure what to put here... so hi
    Marialein wrote: »
    ra3rei wrote: »

Somehow I oversaw your comment but you are right. With him it would be very creepy :D

My cooment was just sitting there outside, watching the thread longingly. So you didn't see it right away But not in a creepy way I promise. :p
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
    Chapter 1 – Memories

“Mama? Papa? Is there someone?”
    Everything was dark around me. I tried to see something. Just anything. Something that could tell me where I was. There was nothing. No air to breath. But I had no breath, I realized. My heart wasn’t beating anymore. I wasn’t alive anymore. The only light I could see was the silhouette of my own body. Being dead felt strange. I was dead right? But where am I? And what was about my parents? Did they already found me? Oh I needed to see them. See if they were alright. I needed to be there for them like they were always for me.
    I started to run into the darkness. There had to be a way to see them. They had to know how much I love them. How happy I was that they were my parents. No matter how long I ran, it felt as if I wasn’t moving forward. All was just dark and silent.

pDtmPUV.png

I sat down. Well, I think that I sat down. I couldn’t feel the ground under myself. I starred into the darkness. There was no time. No feeling for seconds, minutes, days, weeks, months, years … decades. I lost my feeling for time. All I could think of was my family. The moments I had with my Mama and Papa. How proud they had been at my first concert. How they kissed me good night when I was younger. I wished I could turn the time back and see all those moments again. To feel the warm hugs of Mama and listening to the jokes of my father was all I wanted now. I felt so lost and … I was alone. I was a loner, yes, but this loneliness was pushing me down. It made me sad. It was a pressure on my chest. I tried to swallow it down but then I remembered the pain I felt in the moment I died. My throat was hurting. I remembered how I tried to fight against my attacker and how every breath I tried to take failed. It felt a if I tried to breath in fire. My lung was full of fire. I had passed out already in Georges arms. I didn’t think that he had realized it. I needed happier thoughts. I felt how the darkness was coming closer to me.
    Happy thoughts. Think of the day Mama bought you a piano, I said to myself.

oWyMskU.png

I was so happy on that day. I always loved music. I could still remember Mamas smile when she had seen how much I loved it. I saw how pictures of my memory came to my inner eye.

uYKRgpV.png

Mama … You have been the best mother I could imagine. You read me my favourite stories and you were just amazing as reader. I always felt save with you.

9uHH1SH.png

Your warm hugs made me always happy. You always found time for me.

OdX9TXd.png

You even took your time for me and my homework. You wanted me to have a good start for my life and so you were sometimes a bit strict. I barely had free time to play with toys or with friends because you wanted me to learn more than my classmates. I had piano lessons every day. But you know what? I never really minded because your smile was this always worth.

H1mAcll.png

Even the little things I miss now. Sitting at the kitchen counter and watching you how you cook was all I wished now. You were always the one I could speak about everything. You … I didn’t know if I could cry but it felt as if …

k1v5fQq.png

I remembered how you bought my a violin after you saw how talented I had been on the piano. I had to say that I was much worse with the violin at the beginning than with the piano but you never complained about the terrible wrong music I played even when you had to fill out important reports for your work.

wEbmjzo.png

The cake you baked me for my birthday was so wonderful.

RX8d6cA.png

You were so proud of me that I never stopped playing music when I became older. You did everything for me so that I could concentrate on it. You always said that I would become famous for this, but I just loved it. I loved when Mama was proud of me and if you thought I should try to make something out of my passion than I would do it. For you.

Hd2ws9H.png

You saw what problems I had to fit into my school. You did everything to make me feel loved and to distract me. You started to teach me painting and I couldn’t imagine something better than this time with you now.

ahrviad.png

At my first real concert you were nearly crying. You were so proud of me that I was making my way that good. You took lots of pictures on that day. You wanted to remember this forever.

amXvBUk.png

When I started to write for the school newspaper you were so excited. Especially when I climbed to the top and I was one of the best reporters. Edward and I even found a little scandal and we were photographed for the local news. You kept the side with our article and read it again and again.

P1PYBui.jpg

You supported me with what ever I tried out. You said I should try everything and find out what I really wanted. Somehow music was always a big point. In my last school years I started to learn guitar.

PsefM8l.png

And then came my eighteenth birthday … You wanted to throw me a party at the weekend but … but …
    Happy thoughts Angeline Manovas. Happy thoughts … Think of Papa. Think of his jokes, Angel, I told myself.

Rq5DU5t.png

Whenever Mama didn’t had time to read for me you did it. You were not that good as Mama especially when you read to me English books. After all you came from Austria here to Germany. In Windenburg you met Mama and you two just decided to stay here. Both away from your original country. You always loved to tell me how you saw Mama in that little bar here in Windenburg. You thought she had to be an angel. Mama showed you first the cold shoulder. You said that it was probably because your English was very bad and that you might said the wrong thing. Mama then spoke with some friends in German. You discovered that she spoke your language and you finally could speak with her and had a real conversation. You always said that you were meant to be together cause Mama came from the rainy London and you from the rainy Salzburg. I always loved to listen to this much more than to the books you read to me.

T1mRgX5.png

You even brought Mama to make once a month a pyjama day and we spent the whole day in our sleeping wear, even at dinner time. Often we watched then films together. The little sweet fights you and Mama had about what film and what language it should have was always a lot of fun.

nFp9t1Q.png

When you needed to think of strategies you always asked me to play chess with you. I never knew what job exactly you had, but as Papa you were amazing.

rOyXQpb.png

You were a big goofball. You danced with me and joked to make me feel happy and loved.

WDpDwxn.png

You and Mama loved to take pictures. While Mama wanted to buy a digital camera you insisted on the old one that were still in the sepia tone. I am not sure if I ever understand why but it gave you a classical touch.

Tlw4gOu.jpg

You wanted me to stay forever your little girl but I became older. You saw that. You said that I should wait a bit longer until i date someone but I never even thought of this until that moment. I was not sure if I was someone who is liked that much from boys. Then this evening came. He came. I was so happy that you were home on that day. I didn’t know how I would have handled this without you. You were very busy to that time but you were here. You send him away. You saved me.

JRTTZ13.png

Then I felt how all the happy thoughts I hold on disappeared. I fell into the darkness. Then I saw other pictures. No memories. No. It happened after my death.
    Mama and Papa came into our house. They had forgotten some important papers for the business dinner and drove back home. They didn’t see the shadow outside which was running away. Mama ran to me. She kneed down and felt my pulse, but on her pale face I could see that I had none. Papa called the police and he dragged Mama away from me. He said that it was too late. He said that they needed to keep the crime scene as it is. Mama was crying and yelling at Papa how he could say something like that.

yXqW8Kh.png

I knew that some time passed. I still saw Mama crying a lot. They had buried me on this lot to keep me near to them, but this made everything just worse for her.

9os9Lkg.png

Papa tried to calm her, but I saw them also quarrelling a lot. Sometimes even the word divorce appeared. I wanted to scream that this couldn’t happen, but then the picture disappeared again.

M1U5kYc.png

It was replaced by a picture of my crying Papa. He tried to do everything for Mama, but he felt as worse as Mama.

VKtsGri.png

After a while Mama threw herself into work. She took all photos of me from the walls. She even wanted to sell the piano. Papa couldn’t deal with that. They were fighting even more.

KmVTu7j.png

Papa collected all the photographs of me. He placed them in his secret little office in the basement. He searched for my murderer. I saw how he was looking through some papers with the names of suspects on it. He thought that it had to be the guy who came once to our house but he didn’t wear his contact lenses on that day and he didn’t know his name. I saw how desperate he was.

AbN86iC.png

There was just one picture left. My parents moved out of our house to save their marriage. They moved away.
    How much time had passed now? I was not sure. It felt like seconds and at the same time like an eternity.
    I had always just wished to get the chance to be that happy like my parents. To have a family on my own.
    Then as if finally someone realized that I was here I heard a dark, deep voice …

gHNw4AK.png
    Yes, it's sad... But something should change, I believe in that ;)
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    I am relieved that this is an ambrosia challenge. :'(
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Love this! I know it will get better for her. You're doing such a great job with this!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    ooooh. waits patiently for next chapter.