Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    Crowley Family Update - A Home to Retire In

All of the women in his life had heard the stories, until he was a teenager, Lucas had lived in a house bordering the lake in Hidden Springs and he missed it. So the women in his life, wanted to give that memory back to him. While the original house had been demolished, Barbara, Fiona, Naoise and Soifra put their heads together and their purses and moved Lucas back to his childhood lot.
    [img][/img]Screenshot-19.jpg

Their father had never been really into the money accumulated by their great-great grandfather, so a smaller home that still accommodated the family was perfect, and they ensured all of their personal memories were taken with them.
    [img][/img]Screenshot-14.jpg
    [img][/img]Screenshot-24.jpg
    [img][/img]Screenshot-16.jpg
    [img][/img]Screenshot-17.jpg
    [img][/img]Screenshot-18.jpg

Including their growing family of gnomes.
    [img][/img]Screenshot-20.jpg

Lucas was thrilled to be back on the lakeside lot, but he had planning to do. The following day, he made sure to plan a party. He was giving another of his babies to adulthood. Naoise, who had not had a teen party, was going to be a young adult, and Lucas wanted to make sure that everyone enjoyed the festivities.
    [img][/img]Screenshot-21_1.jpg

Before the party, Naoise worked on her drumming skill. She was close to a level 7 now.
    [img][/img]Screenshot-22.jpg

Soifra's artwork was also nearly resembling artwork. She was now also nearly a level 7 (unfortunately I could not hang this painting when she finished it. Warning to all not to move with an easel (packed of course) that has an unfinished painting on it as everything goes invisible).
    [img][/img]Screenshot-23.jpg

When everyone arrived, Naoise went to the cake to ring in her years of responsibility.
    [img][/img]Screenshot-25.jpg

Her sister had not been so corrupted by fame that she refused a family birthday party, which was a relief.
    [img][/img]Screenshot-27.jpg

Then the moment arrived.
    [img][/img]Screenshot-28.jpg

She would eventually tame this mane and get herself some more suitable clothing.
    [img][/img]Screenshot-29.jpg

But of course, it's never really a party in any sim town unless someone dies. Emmit Marshall, a former flirting partner of their grandfather's, passed away in the recreation room.
    [img][/img]Screenshot-30.jpg
    [img][/img]Screenshot-31.jpg

But his passing was unable to sully the proceedings, afterall, he was a party crasher. Naoise thought about her options and possibilities.
    [img][/img]Screenshot-32.jpg

The following morning, it was breakfast and a quick run to City Hall for Naoise to graduate. She was voted Class Valedictorian and Class Clown. (Again, it was winter so she changed out of her cap and gown for graduation, so I didn't take any photos of it).
    [img][/img]Screenshot-33.jpg

After the ceremony, the family went to Fiona's house to meet their new grand-daughter and niece, Tiffany O'Malley. She was sooo adorable, she briefly made Naoise get ideas, but in the end, she realised you can't be a sports star if you're pregnant and Locke was currently too young for her, but eventually, maybe...one day.
    [img][/img]Screenshot-34.jpg

The rest of the day was spent at home, perfecting skills or making money. Soifra finished her painting and Barbara decided to start on an ice sculpture.
    [img][/img]Screenshot-36.jpg
    [img][/img]Screenshot-37.jpg

And so the indecisive me takes point. Naoise is remaining in the house because her trait set (complete with over emotional now) is very different from any I've used. There will be an heir war over the coming days in my game, which hopefully I'll deal with over the weekend!
    [img][/img]Screenshot-15.jpg

I'll catch up on everyone's updates then too as I think this page's refresh rate is making my office think I just spend the entire day here!! I've been browsing though and I'm looking forward to actually reading the updates!
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Hey peeps I have another lookbook coming up soon but quickly I just wanted to ask if anyone knows who made this hair and where i can find it? I thought it was by peggyzone or chi sims but its not..I found the head pin in the pic but not the hair. It would be really cute in one of my lookbooks/edits. Thanks
    sims3updates_cas_1511_L.jpg[img][/img]
    giphy.gif

• Options
    Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    I blinked and have missed a lot :o
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @Celticgamer0 Thanks, I'm just photoshopping the flashbacks and memories, and the dreams...
    I think I'll get meself one of those cuddly werewolves to rub his belly... <3 I won't mind some shedded fur, but are you sure they're not drooling?

Thank you @wbombje :) I think it will be up in time for the weekend.
    Awesome pictures, I think the Thylacine looks good! :) The other little animal looks cute, even if it still ressembles a cat! Of all those creatures I'll definitele take Nathaniel! He's extremely handsome but at the same time looks very gentle and kind... Just the kind of pet I like to keep around! ;)

@CravenLestat All those jocks or cheerleaders get on my nerves! ;) And they're goodlooking too... <3 Hmm... Love the Dragon Valley and Lucky Palms patterns most, even though they're all awesome! I noticed there wasn't a Lacrosse or a soccer one! Back to work man! Just because your job is awesome doesn't get you off the hook so easily! :*

@lanlyn OMG! That was a tough one, bravo to get through with it! :o
    The bigger the wedding, the more routing problems... I cheat. Yes, yes. I admit it. I use Mastercontroller and other Nraas mods to fill the house with guests, that I promptly hi-jack as householdmembers. So now I can control them. Without MoveObjects, there's practically no way in my experience to get to the arch or to the cake or just to make a toast, there's just a lot of foot tapping and eyerolling and queing that gets lost... So I raise my glass to you, Lanlyn, wedding organizer supreme, to have succeeded in making Hera and Piers finally say yes, and to have showed us all not to give up! ;) Oh, and I think Hera's bravery was getting through the ceremony, with all those sim wits around... :D I was laughing so much when I read about the wedding, I completely forgot to compliment you on Hera's outfit. She was stunning!

Thanks, @TadOlson :) Great update you too!
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    @MiyuEmi Naoise is so pretty, and that "punk" hair suits her, she's beautiful enough to pull it off! :o
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    Kylieb191 wrote: »
    I blinked and have missed a lot :o

Yes this thread gets updated pretty quickly! :D
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @Jillbg Was that a hint,are you suggesting I make a soccer shirt just for Taiga. :| How dare you.

Ok :p next time I go in game will make Taiga a soccer shirt. <3
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @CravenLestat I'm not that subtle, am I? :o I'd love to have a soccer shirt! :D
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    trishyjacktrishyjack Posts: 49 Member
    > @Anonymous_Loba24 said:
    > Now that I got all my pictures done and finally got off of fb, I can upload this update. Lets start... Here. Yes, Joshuas death was sad. And I have the lifetime points to wish him back, even a genie lamp. I'm just not going to. He was an elder and, as it happens, time for him go pass on. I might, however, keep the lamp to wish him and Ashley back, cause she's getting OLD, for Taylors wedding. But this wish came up with everyone! Even Jeremih (I know his names spelt weird).
    >
    >
    > Ashleys first night sleeping alone. It's sad cause Joshua usually slept on this side. Poor baby.
    >
    >
    > After a while, everyone got over Joshuas death and moved on. Mostly by building a ridiculous amount of snowmen and igloos. This isn't even half. It's just that corner. There's, like, twenty more unfinished ones and a couple finished ones scattered all over the place.
    >
    >
    > During this time, the girls learned to drive by their older brothers.
    >
    >
    >
    > Jeremih finally went back to college. I hoped it would remove his 'failing grades' moodlet but apparently not, despite graduating on the deans list! So if anyone knows how to remove the failing grades moodlet, with someone who moved in from uni (and I created him there so this isnt making loads of sense) that'll be great. Also, if someone can help me get rid of the elder sims in Uni, I'd love you even more. But either way, here's some pictures from it.
    >
    > The most evil dog on earth destroying things, doesn't even live here!
    >
    >
    > Roommate chilling with an alien.
    >
    >
    > Okay, I was wrong for this but I needed Jeremih to study in peace. Upstairs was NOT an option. So I kinda stuck the dirty plates an laundry there.
    >
    >
    > The mascot doing the... Gangnam style dance????? REALLY??? I was laughing from this. I learn something new everyday with Sims. I wanted to continue it sooooo badly, but when I got back inside they were done! I'm sorry... This is all I got...
    >
    >
    >
    > Later on, Jeremih went to class for all off (literally) ten seconds.
    >
    >
    > I made him get friendly with a fairy. His LTW is to have the perfect garden. Makes sense, right? With fairies being natural gardeners.
    >
    >
    > I admit, I only wanted her special fairy juju powder.
    >
    >
    > "Hmm... Tingly..."
    >
    >
    >
    > "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
    >
    >
    > Chilling some with the VR before the big exams!
    >
    >
    > Jeremih finally graduated though! Left with a 'C', which was odd. He had a C prior to coming back. And made deans list with an 'A' this time. Even in high school, this added up to a 'B' (going by American grading scales for those in other countries). To make it worse, he STILL has the 'failing grades' buff back home!
    >
    >
    > Back home, things were back to normal... At least for the Bradleys.
    >
    > (seriously, what is she looking at)
    >
    > Ohhh, one of the girls getting quite romantic! I like this guy. Didn't even pick him for her. I never really do, unless they go to uni and still haven't found love.
    >
    >
    > Meanwhile, Selena is showing her moms horse love in her. She's with Spirit, since Rains getting quite old.
    >
    >
    > And finally, the ghosts of Joshua and Dudley. Seeing this makes me miss Dudley like crazy! I want my fluffy baby back. :'(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Oh, and I broke up Taylor and Brendan. He was just too old for her and it wouldn't be fair (plus I'd end up with another immortal Joshua). Upon closer inspection, also, he is not the most attractive guy...
    >
    >
    > And the weird thing I'm noticing. With so many Bradleys in one city, the kids are getting with everyone now. It's actually weird. See if you can follow this.
    > Okay, except this one. Not racist or anything, but WHY IS THE BABY WHITE?
    >
    > This pictures a little old cause she now has a daughter by him.
    >
    >
    >
    > Apparently I did not take enough... There are more, showing how all of them are gonna be in-laws with each other if they marry. The only one with someone I LIKE is Marissa. Her husband is awesome. I highly approve of him. Might end up moving her in, or nearby, to monitor them more. At least when I move across towns.
    >
    > The downside to using a certain mod, I can't name. This is either normal or what happens when males swap into their 'maternity wear'.
    >
    >
    > And, finally, this lie.
    >
    >
    > So, finally, just wanna say I am sad that Jeremihs fairyness went off when he moved back home. Sad :(

great updates. keep them coming :)
    Oh and about the kid that didn't take his parents' skin tone, It's probably because he went back a generation or so and got that skin tone. This is one of the things I love about sims. They made the genetic traits similar to real life cause this happens that times.
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Thank you Wbombje I made so many of the mascot shirts yesterday.Too many too post.

Here are a few more.

Did you know Marina Prattle was a cheerleader for her home College Football team.

Screenshot-2564_zpscusywuou.jpg

Posting another pic on the robotic thread because it was cute.

Oh wow!! She totally looks like my next ex-wife. :D:D:D Very hot.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    jillbg wrote: »

@CravenLestat All those jocks or cheerleaders get on my nerves! ;) And they're goodlooking too... <3 Hmm... Love the Dragon Valley and Lucky Palms patterns most, even though they're all awesome! I noticed there wasn't a Lacrosse or a soccer one! Back to work man! Just because your job is awesome doesn't get you off the hook so easily! :*

You have nothing to get jealous or nervous about. You're good looking too!! :tongue:
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    @TadOlson Thanks, I'll take a look at those worlds.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    "What do you mean 'you're pregnant and I'm the father'? I never touched you!"
    Screenshot-5_zpsrak6r14r.jpg

"Well, you see... Eric, honey, I'm a witch. Since I picked you to father my children, I kind of used my magic to force the issue when you didn't seem interested in me."
    Screenshot-6_zps64nxvmyc.jpg

Morning sickness misery, Eric doesn't sympathize
    Screenshot-7_zpsvwf6jo65.jpg

Instead he goes down to his favorite bar and pours his heart out into his music
    Screenshot-11_zpsclonrvbt.jpg

He seems to be developing a fanbase, one he might be interested in learning more about.
    Screenshot-12_zpsldvzpah2.jpg

Even Bonehilda agrees that Alice went too far. The maid has barred Alice from sleeping in her own room.
    Screenshot-13_zps8poy2vcv.jpg

Still, Alice seems quite pleased with herself.
    Screenshot-10_zps4ncyiswx.jpg
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    deadhaus123deadhaus123 Posts: 475 Member
    edited May 2016
    Well guys after trying and failing miserably with the last house i have finally settled on a design that works! I promise it is going to incorporate indoor-outdoor living and a sleek modern and low profile design all while being spacious as heck for family living. here are some pics of the interior, the outside is still a closely guarded secret ;)...

[img][/img]Screenshot-260_zpsogsqyple.jpg
    [img][/img]Screenshot-262_zpsvl7wew8r.jpg

[img][/img]UjBiOYQ.jpg
  • Options
    @KevinL5275 As always they are townies..her name and where she is found is in that picture.Besides she lives with another blonde premade who is not too bad either ;) .Two for one deal so go toss them in your library.

Here is her roomate.

Screenshot-1163_zpsbvo4yoqm.jpg

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    And I have the right town, Bridgeport, for once, so I can add them to my bedroom. I mean, bin. :)
  • Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited May 2016
    @Faerie197 Lol at "I picked you to father my children"
    @deadhaus123 Awesome build!
    @CravenLestat Great patterns! I hope you don't mind, I have a special Starlight Shores request.

Screenshot-5095_zpshoxyre9t.jpg

@KevinL5275 and @CravenLestat Kaydence is around the corner spying on you two... ;) just teasing.

Screenshot-5097_zps9fnrx9bn.jpg

I posted this one earlier in the robotic thread...she was actually spying on a frat guy at University.

Screenshot-2916_zps5moxa2wo.jpg

This isn't new for her, she's been doing it pretty much her whole life. Here she eavesdrops on her dad having a rather scintillating conversation with her nanny.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2016
    @venusdemilosims Am making it now. :p So far it looks cute.Your SS request.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    You know who it's for right @CravenLestat ? ;) Lol thanks a lot :)

• Options
    @venusdemilosims You will not be dissapointed :love:

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @CravenLestat She's about to go to college and she needs a bangin' wardrobe... and I know just who could provide it for her ;)

• Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,019 Member
    edited May 2016
    Pages 713-715

@Faerie197 LOL at Eric using Alice's magic items! ...Babysitting issues in game are very much like real life.
    ...RE: That empty spot. Did you try to put an arch under it temporarily and place a tile that way? Also, I had issues with the Now and Then Manor from the store. It had spots like that where ladders had been. I put the ladders back up, moved them around, and was then able to place tiles. Or, It may be a problem with what's under it. Try using the hammer on the floor below. There could be invisible jigs.

@Cororon Loved the pic of Josefin on the rocking horse.
    @CoffeeBeanPopcorn Great pics of the teen party aftermath!

@Celticgamer0 Thanks for sharing the notices from the vampire/hunter mod. A lot of fun to read!
    @lasummerb Awesome pics of the girls dress shopping for the wedding gown. ...Miss Congeniality was fun.

@Karritz Names are important to me too. I try to find different ones for each of my sims. Probably spend way too much time doing it! I like that you chose the name from your choir. ...Harry's red wings are awesome. ...Great seeing the ghost baby. ...LOL at Bonehilda cleaning up too quickly! ...My genie can conjure up any food in the game, but when I had him do a wedding cake, the cake turned out invisible. It was usable, you just couldn't see it. I had to buy a cake instead. Have you had that problem?

@venusdemilosims My sims often let me know when something is broken or dirty. You're right. They are aware.
    @BrittanyChick22 Loved the fairy pics. Wonderful poses.
    @jillbg Great retro pictures of Missy and Granny! I loved them.

@MamaSimTee After the troubles I went through with my game wedding, last night I didn't play at all. I read a book I'd downloaded from my elibrary. Then I found myself talking back to the book characters, telling them what they needed to do! Too bad book characters aren't clickable! LOL

@omppuchii Always fun to discover new things!
    @cheesetruck Cute pic of the girl on the spring rider. And awesome scenery screenshots! The outdoor tub was fun.

@MoonandStars83 VSync synchronizes the FPS (frames per second rate) to your game setting (monitor) refresh rate. It makes sure you're not running a game faster than the game engine can handle. If these two settings are out of sync, you can experience tearing, lagging, freezing as the game tries to catch up drawing graphics while scenes move. The Sims 3 does not have a built-in option for VSync. You need to use your graphics card software or other third party software for that.

Here are a couple of posts that show pics of GPU software settings for The Sims 3:
    Nvidia Control Panel Settings for TS3
    AMD Radeon Crimson Settings for TS3
  • Options

Screenshot-5095_zpshoxyre9t.jpg

@KevinL5275 and @CravenLestat Kaydence is around the corner spying on you two... ;) just teasing.

Kaydence: Excuse me sir, did you know your fly is open?

KevinL: Oh, sorry ma'am. Did you see the General standing at attention?

Kaydence: No sir, I saw an old beat-up war veteran laying on two duffel bags.

:D

• Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,019 Member
    Pages 716-718

@nekocat86 Fun that Amity married her imaginary friend. Let us know about the baby!
    @msbeckycat Busy times for your sims! But it sounds like the kids are progressing nicely.

@Celticgamer0 Great photos of Alec. He is definitely photogenic.
    @Karritz I like Harry and Pamela's new home. Wow! ...Great pic with the toy mouse in the foreground.

@wbombje I love the new animals! Nice primitive looking photos. Thanks for the google search links. I'd heard of the animals, but couldn't remember what they looked like. You did an awesome job, especially having only limited game options.

@CravenLestat Great new shirts! The models look lovely in them.
    @Deshong04 Cute shirts on your sim kids.

@TadOlson Congrats to the Jankowskys on their new house addition.
    @deadhaus123 I really like how you did the area for the cars next to the man cave.

@Faerie197 More fun diary entries. LOL at trying to find a rich man. ...Funny about the zombies. ..."I never touched you!" Hilarious! ...He does indeed have a very nice "fan base."

@MiyuEmi That's so neat that Lucas got to move back to his home lot. Great new house too. Loved the party pics. You know, I've never had a sim pass away at a party. What a fright that would be in RL! ...Soifra did a beautiful sunset painting. ...And a new heir will soon be chosen!

@jillbg Well, I had to resort to a few cheats to make it through that wedding too! Later, I thought about what I might have done differently, but oh well. The thing is, I'd already done bachelorette and bachelor parties, and I think I was just partied out! This was the first time I'd done a wedding party at home instead of at a venue. If I ever do this again, I think I'll have a more private wedding ahead of time with only the household and a couple of friends over, THEN hold a "reception" later with more people, not combine the wedding with a party.

@venusedemilosims I liked the pic of young Kaydence spying on her dad and the nanny.
    @KevinL5275 OMG! The general vs the old veteran. I had to read your post twice before I got it! LOL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top