Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We're missing something

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I think it's the lighting that comes thru the windows, I don't remember if it was already in the game or not.
    The-Sims-4-Dine-Out-Official-Trailer-1348.jpg

No, I don't think that was in the game at all!!!!! A blurry light is what appears when you place a window, its not that defined! Which looks amazing!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    http://s32.postimg.org/oj3xzqhud/Screenshot_81.png

Not sure if this is really related, but is that like, a window/bar you can order from or waiters/waitresses can pick up food from? Has one of those little standing mats under it too..
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I love the sun coming through the windows in TS2 and TS3. That's is why I didn't notice for this game in the trailer, I'm used to seeing it and don't add that many windows in my houses in TS4 unless the build calls for it. I hope the lighting has been changed back to the older games.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Screenshot_81.png

Not sure if this is really related, but is that like, a window/bar you can order from or waiters/waitresses can pick up food from? Has one of those little standing mats under it too..

It is. Here is another view at it:

Screenshot_79.png
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    edited May 2016
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Screenshot_81.png

It is. Here is another view at it:

Screenshot_79.png

YESSSSS! Thanks! :)
    It tricked me because it was outside.. not sure how that would change it haha
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    The teddy bear looks to be part of the new chef's station. Because it show the teddy bear hanging from it in the contents list that's at the end of the trailer.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    That window is part of one of the stove objects, it appears at :59 with a cook on one side and a customer on the other.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    That window would work great for a hot dog stand if we could sell hotdogs. I could make a tiny building with just an order window like those street vendors and make Sims eat outside near a park or in a park. lol Instead of cooking them, buy my relish dog!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    http://s32.postimg.org/oj3xzqhud/Screenshot_81.png

You mean the window? Yeah in restaurants that's what it's used for. Technically it's a "shelf" that food is placed on after it's finished and is being ready for pickup by a waiter/waitress.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    That window would work great for a hot dog stand if we could sell hotdogs. I could make a tiny building with just an order window like those street vendors and make Sims eat outside near a park or in a park. lol Instead of cooking them, buy my relish dog!

How about a slightly larger building with one on each side, and each serves a different food, hotdogs, sushi, pizza, etc. All around it could be tables and chairs outside with the OR toilets nearby. It would be like a type of kiosk or an outdoor food court.
  • meepweepmeepweep Posts: 309 Member
    The blinking sign the very first shot of the teaser? Idk that's not impressive enough
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    No one seems to have group symbols over their heads... not diners or staff?
    egTcBMc.png
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    Even if the teddy bear is not the "special thing", my question is, why is it even there? lol

Teddy Bear not a special thing??!! Try telling that to my 4 year old.
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    No plumbob's could that be it?
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Not plumbobs.. you see those sometimes but no group symbols.. that might just be the way it was filmed though.
    egTcBMc.png
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    The only thing I can think of visually wise is the lighting trough the windows, but I have no idea if that's not it.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    Not sure if this is in the game, but the food at the end seems to steam? Like steam is raising from the food, pretty sure one is a desert so its not only for hot/warm food.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Not plumbobs.. you see those sometimes but no group symbols.. that might just be the way it was filmed though.

I guess the lack of group symbols is because they are part of an EP and not free content or the base game.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    So one of the Gurus liked my tweet regarding the visuals and it in fact might have something to do with lightning. But I could be wrong
    1FKDfKj.png
  • thegummybear13thegummybear13 Posts: 310 Member
    The fish tank ?
    tumblr_o2lz9mNWaj1sbr6who1_400.gif

It might be the sunlight coming through the window that SimGuruPizza was referring to. I'm wondering if weather now is on the horizon for Sims 4. Now that there's sunlight coming through the windows, and a sim warming the selves with the new patio heater that's coming in Dine Out.
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    Is it the clouds? I play with my settings on low, so maybe we already had them but I don't see them in my game. In the trailer you could see the clouds and sun while the sims were walking outside and see them through the windows of the restaurant.
    The fish tank ?
    Can't be because that was mentioned also already. It has to be something that is visual, and one that no one has mentioned yet.

• ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    lol, I was wrong. I just turned my settings up to medium and there were clouds. Wow, everything looks so much better now! I think I'm going to leave it that way, I've been missing so much. :D
  • TechToTravisTechToTravis Posts: 133 Member
    Wait a minute... is that a new world? XD