Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    edited May 2016
    InfraGreen wrote: »

Looks like I'll have a use for that TS4-Annette I had saved after all. Her options for true restaurant stardom were pretty stunted in TS3 anyways (maybe it's why she's more of a drinker/party animal in my mind).

HI! I missed you!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    OJenn wrote: »
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!

Check this out it looks amazing! New pack, called 'Dine out'!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv1OFbwgh98

Confirmed!

Looks like I'll have a use for that TS4-Annette I had saved after all. Her options for true restaurant stardom were pretty stunted in TS3 anyways (maybe it's why she's more of a drinker/party animal in my mind).

AHHHH YOU HAVE A Ts4 ANNETTE?!?!

Are you an Eight Cicadas fan, OJenn?

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    Just stopping in to say HI .. I am back (yes .. I was gone LOL) and needing to get motivated to start on my new (old) story. It is hard to reach the end of a chapter/story and move on to the new. I was excited that my "ending" was so well received :)

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2016/05/11/snow-white-11-the-afterlife/

[img][/img]02-12-16_12-09-11nbspAM_zpsl0zdelfh.jpg

I'm looking forward to this! I've been daydreaming about reading this story--you know, that joy of imagining a whole story before you read it? I've got this slated as an afternoon pleasure for some Saturday before my summer class starts up (and I lose my Saturday afternoons to reading student essays!).

@OJenn: Though I'm trying to work out a few more details with her, yes! I just haven't made her public yet. I'd eventually play her as a base-game chef anyways, but now Annette will be whole in a new world too. ;)<3

I've made a couple of other Cicadas characters for TS4, though which ones I choose tend to be kind of random.

Or.... maybe not so random. <3

• TwiggyTwiggy Posts: 995 Member
    Happy timezones everyone!

My trusty (not so anymore) old pc decided to die a lil on me this weekend :( Oh my gosh, oh my gosh... and then my dishwasher too. But plum the dishwasher lol I need a new motherboard :D Thank goodness I have a temp replacement I could borrow so I can at least write that chapter that has been stuck in my head all weekend. Hope yours was better! ;)
    Twiggy wrote: »

My trusty (not so anymore) old pc decided to die a lil on me this weekend :( Oh my gosh, oh my gosh... and then my dishwasher too. But plum the dishwasher lol I need a new motherboard :D Thank goodness I have a temp replacement I could borrow so I can at least write that chapter that has been stuck in my head all weekend. Hope yours was better! ;)

Did somebody say Mercury retrograde? (And Pluto and Saturn, too...)

• ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    JLBDreamer wrote: »
    Oh yeah guys. Going through my Sims 3 saved households makes me sad because I think I need to get them all out immediately and set their files up but I try to give already up stories a priority. I like to have a few different stories up so I can switch households and not get too bored of a legacy file. I like variety!

My biggest problem is since I get so many story ideas I might stretch myself a little thin if I try to write for everything at once but my impulse it to start the story as soon as I get the idea for it. I have to put on the breaks and enforce hiatus's but its so annoying for my hypercreative brain... grrr.

The pain is real. I understand. I want to write & play ALL THE THINGS all the time. Well, I do my best to find a balance. Good luck finding yours!
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    Is it just me or we are again having a repeat of the Sims 2? That the "ONLY" restaurants seen are what are called slow-food restaurants (hostess, and servers) ? What about showing some fast-food restaurants or something like Tim Horton's?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    Twiggy wrote: »

Both your laptop and dishwasher? Ouch. :(

I hope you get those fixed/replaced soon.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Is it just me or we are again having a repeat of the Sims 2? That the "ONLY" restaurants seen are what are called slow-food restaurants (hostess, and servers) ? What about showing some fast-food restaurants or something like Tim Horton's?

Driving in to the office this morning, I was daydreaming about being able to run a Food Truck in TS4... wouldn't that be awesome?

Bye, everyone! I'm disappearing again for a bit! If it takes forever for files to save (or open) I might be back! Hope you all have lovely days and nights, full of sweetness and joy!

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

Driving in to the office this morning, I was daydreaming about being able to run a Food Truck in TS4... wouldn't that be awesome?

that too..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited May 2016
    i think i got mad lauren died i gave her 5 boys in the start over but now i found the catch she and noel do what i say so i would be the care giver,so i didn't punish her i punised myself. i have to start over bwcause i already know the beds won't fit when the boys age up.

LOL! That's so silly! :)

well she shouldn't have died. then the update made the benders disappear but now they have twins that managable.
  • TwiggyTwiggy Posts: 995 Member
    rednenemon wrote: »
    Both your laptop and dishwasher? Ouch. :(

I hope you get those fixed/replaced soon.

Thanks! Hopefully, they can both be fixed easily. Always keeping my hopes up :smiley:
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    edited May 2016
    @Meggles I could talk to her if she can show me her code I might figure sth out ^^

eta: the error message you showed me has sth to do with a syntax error in a print statement, I've seen it before. But I'd have to know what exactly she coded to help.
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    JLBDreamer wrote: »
    @Meggles I've read your Ambrosia Challenge and your build Newcrest and enjoyed both! I couldn't get the comments to take me for some reason and I didn't want to post anon so I'm letting you know here!

@JLBDreamer Mhrrr! :blush: Thank you! For future I don't mind anons because I have it set up that way. :) I do wonder why it didn't let you comment! (Also, I haven't done the Ambrosia Challenge so I wonder if this is meant for someone else!)
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    @Meggles I could talk to her if she can show me her code I might figure sth out ^^

eta: the error message you showed me has sth to do with a syntax error in a print statement, I've seen it before. But I'd have to know what exactly she coded to help.

@Julyvee94 She did get help from reddit on that one (thanks for the offer!) but she's discouraged in class because it's taking her so long when her classmates are all done so quickly. SIGH.
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    @Meggles Ugh sorry to hear that she's struggling :( python can be tough, it's different from a lot of other programming languages. I guess the only way to learn is to practice :P
  • VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    swcheppes wrote: »
    I've noticed a lot of us have done or are trying the Bachelor challenge. I was thinking of opening a thread to index those challenges also a place we can discuss what's going on or questions or funny things about the challenge. I wanted to get a sense of people would be interested in that.

Ooo Me!!! Totally interested
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member

That would be amazing!!
    suRdkSd.jpg
    lauren is crazy she has newborn twins and wants another baby.
  • JLBDreamerJLBDreamer Posts: 622 Member
    edited May 2016
    @Meggles Oh yeah I'm sorry I lumped yours together with Til Death Do Us Part since I read them all at the same time. I have to look up who wrote it and post to them here to once I finish some things.
  • JLBDreamerJLBDreamer Posts: 622 Member
    @Rainydayz179 I read your Ambrosia Challenge and am enjoying it! I've been doing binge reading and so I mixed up who wrote it at first. Sorry!
  • StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!

Yay one of the things I've really wanted :grin:
    GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!

Yay one of the things I've really wanted :grin:

i love the timeing. i shop tomorrow . so i can get a ea card.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top