Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would You Still Buy Dine Out...

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Well tomorrow we'll get the teaser for it and on Wednesday we get the blog so hopefully that'll give us some insight on what to expect for this pack.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited May 2016
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    If its anything like GTW with tasks or tablets I wont buy it. GTW had no replay value for me worst Sims expansion I have purchased.

Ditto

I also wonder those gurus who worked on GTW, What were they thinking? Were they catering this awful pack to a 3 year old? Nothing in that pack is really good. Absolutely nothing. Every part of it is so bad.

It is an embarrassment
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    If its anything like GTW with tasks or tablets I wont buy it. GTW had no replay value for me worst Sims expansion I have purchased.

Ditto

I also wonder those gurus who worked on GTW, What were they thinking? Were they catering this awful pack to a 3 year old? Nothing in that pack is really good. Absolutely nothing. Every part of it is so bad.

It is an embarrassment

I miss happy HaliMali. I hate that the game makes you upset :/
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Even if I end up not liking how running a restaurant plays out I'd still buy. I'm always looking forward to new CAS items as well as buy/build items and as long as visiting a restaurant functions properly then it would still have playability.
  • Options
    urygauryga Posts: 559 Member
    edited May 2016
    Retail in GTW doesn't have tasks. And if restaurants are going to be like anything in GTW, it'll be like retail. Only you'll be selling a service instead of an item. I do hope restaurants count as 'employed' though.

I hope they WORK and not chat and look at their phone all the time
    No if its like GTW, all broke and controlling.

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Yoko2112 wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    But what if the tasks were just cooking orders and placing them on a counter to be served, and maybe as the chef going and asking about the food? I wouldnt mind that at all

So I guess you like GTW's active careers and party goals then.

I agree with the careers but seriously, why do people always bring up party goals ? You can choose whether to make them prestige ( thus activating the goals and getting a reward at the end ) or not.

iZUHJdC.png

I've also mentioned this to the people have complained before. They choose to ignore it, so that when this comes up again, they can continue to complain, because that's why they are here.

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

Ditto

It is an embarrassment

While Retail isn't as good as OFB, it's not bad either. It works for the purpose it's meant for, and actually improves a lot of aspects of OFB.
    The downside is Ringing up Customers instead of Registers, but otherwise, it works the same way. They fixed Employees in the patch that added Repairmen. They silently fixed all NPC's.

Otherwise, Retail works the same as OFB. It's just OFB does more than just retail.

As for careers, I feel like people don't give them a go. Once you get to Career Level 2/3, it's fun.
    The Sims has to appeal to Linear players, because believe it or not, it's one of the game's biggest audiences.
    Which is why the first two Sims 3 EP's were 90% linear focused.

So if it's not for you, that's fair enough, but they do have to appeal to that audience. And it worked. Get To Work was #4 best selling game of 2016. Which is higher than any Expansion except University Life (which also is quite linear).

It's strange, but it works. I do believe the success of the Sims console games are probably what encouraged EA to bring the linear content to PC, starting with The Sims Life/Pet/Castaway Stories. The Sims 2 sold more on console (linear) than PC by 1 million. Not by much, but it helped strengthen sales.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Gleesticky wrote: »
    How many of you would still buy dine out if it's like GTW with task? Personally, I would only buy it because I really need something new in my game...But I hate the task from GTW.

Yes, because when I first looked at the teaser I just assumed it was a restaurant our sims would only eat at, with new cas, build/buy items with perhaps a couple cool functional objects. So I was going to most likely buy from what little was revealed. Now knowing sims can own a restaurant is bonus for me. I do understand where everyone is coming from but I like GTW a lot. lol
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I think I will hold off as long as possible from buying this pack until it has been released and a proper review has been done. Sometimes there is a reason not to preorder.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I don't think they will have those kinda tasks from GTW active career. The restaurant system should be very open cuz I'm guessing it would be very vague. I think the most it would have is when a customer orders a dish and then maybe you can see that at the top left hand corner or something like a checklist?

That is still horrible. In TS2 costumers stand in the podium checking the menus, if they are of reasonable price and have a nice amount of food they will ask the host/hostess to seat them, and then they order whatever they want.

The more cooking skill you have more foods you can cook and less probability you'll have to burn the food.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    azxcvbnm321azxcvbnm321 Posts: 532 Member
    We'll see if the developers have been paying attention to the criticisms voiced by long-time friends. And Jackjack, if GTW was the #4 best selling PC game of 2015, behind only Sims 4, Fallout 4, and Sims 3 if we're to believe that survey (yes it was a retail survey) of yours, don't you think Sims 4 and the Sims in general should be making a lot more headlines than it currently is? I mean think about it, 4 of the top 5 best-sellers are the Sims. And I can't remember the list, but I'm pretty sure the majority of the top 10 are Sims games. The Sims are absolutely dominating PC gaming sales, to the point where ALL OTHER GAMES COMBINED have to fight for less than 50% of the marketplace.

If that's true, how come no one is taking about it? This should be big news. Don't you think PC gamer, gamespot, or SOMEONE would have written an article by now on how dominant the Sims franchise is and that the MAJORITY OF ALL GAMES SOLD are Sims games? This is why your survey is not to be believed.
  • Options
    I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    While we're all excited about this game pack, it's even bigger because it means TS4 is still in development.
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Ditto

It is an embarrassment

While Retail isn't as good as OFB, it's not bad either. It works for the purpose it's meant for, and actually improves a lot of aspects of OFB.
    The downside is Ringing up Customers instead of Registers, but otherwise, it works the same way. They fixed Employees in the patch that added Repairmen. They silently fixed all NPC's.

Otherwise, Retail works the same as OFB. It's just OFB does more than just retail.

As for careers, I feel like people don't give them a go. Once you get to Career Level 2/3, it's fun.
    The Sims has to appeal to Linear players, because believe it or not, it's one of the game's biggest audiences.
    Which is why the first two Sims 3 EP's were 90% linear focused.

So if it's not for you, that's fair enough, but they do have to appeal to that audience. And it worked. Get To Work was #4 best selling game of 2016. Which is higher than any Expansion except University Life (which also is quite linear).

It's strange, but it works. I do believe the success of the Sims console games are probably what encouraged EA to bring the linear content to PC, starting with The Sims Life/Pet/Castaway Stories. The Sims 2 sold more on console (linear) than PC by 1 million. Not by much, but it helped strengthen sales.

Jack, GTW to me is the worst EP in the franchise. It crammed a lot in one pack and all ended very very half baked.
    The illness system is so bad. It has no significance at all. The one medicine for everything is so stupid. There is a hospital but a sick sim cannot go to!! This whole system of this pack is terrible. There is no excuse to why they made things this bad.

Those who worked on this pack should not work again on any other pack if they are going to treat them the same way.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I would still buy it. I could figure out a way to make it work for me.
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    on GTW I played the science career through level 10. It was repatative and boring. I played the Detective and Medical Career a couple of levels, same thing, boring. I haven't played Sims 4 for months. I really hope that this game pack adds some *fun* to Sims 4 to the point of where I actually play and enjoy it.