Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How You Liven

NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
How%20You%20Liven%20Banner_zps1ociqfk8.jpg

After Viewing soo many Wonderful Homes and Venues, and Reading Funny, Sad, and Drama Filled Legacies and Stories, as well as Voting on Amazingly Beautiful Sims, I got inspired to start this thread.

We are All So Talented and Creative at what we do. Many of us spend most of our time uploading Sims and Lots for others to enjoy, BUT How is your Town? How is your Sim or Sim Family Living? Where do they Work and where do they Play?

Each Week I will Post a topic for you all to share a 360-degree view.
360 meaning angles from all the way around the Sim, Property, or Event.
But Be Creative! Zoom Out, Zoom In, Show off that New Hair Style, Those Fancy Shoes, Show us your Landscape, The Cool Looking MOO,
Show us your Neighbors, Show Off your Neighborhood! Show Us How Your Sim or Sim Families Are Liven!!!

This is an Open forum for all to enjoy ~ From Birth to the Young at heart and Novice to the Well Experienced.
Remember to always be respectful and follow all EA Forum Guidelines.
Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
~My showcase thread~
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
Post edited by Nhicks on

Comments

• NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    edited July 2016
    Week One

Topic - How You Liven

1. Introduce Your Favorite played Sim or Sim Family with a little background and ONE PICTURE

2. Give a Sneak Peak of that Sim or Sim Families Home Exterior & Neighborhood: 360-degree snap shots ( No More Than 5 Pictures, Please ).

Week Two

Topic - How You Stylen *Your Sim That Is

1. Showcase your Sims Fashion Style - or Lack There Of ;) ( ONE FEATURED MODEL PLEASE, ANY SIM YOU WANT )

2. To make things a little more interesting, take your Sim on a field trip, 6 to be exact,
    and Capture your Sim in Different Outfits.
    * That's Different Outfits in Different Locations of your Sims World. Home, Work, or Play, it's up to you!
    ** No More Thank 8 Pictures

3. Last But Not Least, give a little backdrop as to:
    What your Sim is Wearing
    Where they are
    Why they are There

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Week Three

Topic - How You Gatheren

Who does your Sim Hangout with and Where?
    Are they a part of an Elite Social Group, Hang with their Best Friend, Family, or are they Anti-Social and Lounge Alone at home?

1. Snap 1-2 Pictures of The Exterior of Your Sims Hangout ( Home, Room, Lot, Wherever that may be )
    2. Now give a sneek peek inside. Capture Your Sim Gatheren or "Hanging Out" ( No more Than 5 Pictures Please. )

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Week Four

Topic - How You Interior Designen

You've already introduced Your Sim as well as Their Neighborhood and Friends, or Lack there of,
    and I think we are now acquainted enough with each other to be invited inside our Sims Homes.

1. Give a Brief Description of Your Sims Home - Number of Bedrooms & Bathrooms and so on....

2. Give a Little Tour of the INSIDE of Your Sims Home! :smiley: Zoom In, Zoom Out, Show us your favorite comforter or the new paint job!
    Your Walk-In Closet or that Moo'd Pool Lounge! What Every You'd Like To Share, We Would Love To See! :smiley:
    ( 4-8 Shots )

3. Give a Brief Description or Background for Each Shared Picture.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Week Five

Topic - How You Dine-en ;)

Does Your Sim(s) like to hit the town and Dine at that Fancy New Restaurant up the street or at Their Go To Burger Spot the next world over? Or do they prefer to nibble on a biscotti in the cozy atmosphere of their Favorite Cafe or Hit the Club Scene and Grab Something from the favorite Bar? Well, We want to See It!! If your Sim is a Backyard Grillen or I'm gonna eat my Grilled Cheese in front of the TV and I refuse to go out no matter how safe it is! We want to See that Too!!

1. Snap your Sim(s) Dine-en ( In or Out LOL ) at 1 or 2 Locations.

2. Tell Us Where Your Sim Is, the Occasion, & the Location (world)

3. Snap 2 Exterior Shots ( 1 per Location ) of Where Your Sim is Dine-en

4. Snap No More than 3 Interior Shots ( Per Location ) of Where Your Sim Is Dine-en

* 8 Pictures Total
    ** You can Share Your Creation or Someone Else's, But Please Give Credit Where Credit Is Due

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Week Six

Topic - How You Romancen

An offer of a Rose, a Stroll in the Park, a Trip to the Beach, or an Anniversary Celebration. How is Your Sim Romancen?!?

1. Capture a Romantic Gesture(s), Moment(s), or Occasion(s) in 1-4 pictures. Can be One or Multiple Gestures, Moments, or Occasions.
    2. Happy, Mad, Funny, or Sad. Capture Your Sim(s) Reaction(s). Was it a HUGE Success or and EPIC FAIL? 1-4 pictures.
    2. Give a Backstory or Caption for Each Picture Shared.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Week Seven

Topic- How You Parenten

We've Meet You Sim, Their Significant Others, Their Groups, and Even Some of Your Sims Parents! Now, Lets meet their kids!

1. Introduce the Babies, School Aged, or Teens of your Sim(s) in 1-4 Pictures

2. Show Your Sim(s) Parenten in 1-4 Pictures

3. Include a Picture of Your Sim(s) Kid(s) Bedroom(s) in At Least ONE of Your Pictures

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Week Eight

Topic: How You Worken

Is Your Sim a Hard Working 9 to 5-er or a Lazy Bum Who is Still Trying to Find Him or Her Sim Self.

1. Show How Your Sim(s) Pay(s) the Bills in 1-4 Shots

2. Give a Detailed Description of Your Sim(s) Job or Lack There Of and Tell Us what Their Future Plans are

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Week Nine

Topic - How You Downtimen

After Seeing How Hardworking Your Sims are, My Next Question Is, What Do Your Sims Do On Their Day Off?

1. Capture Your Sim(s) on their day off in 3-8 Snap Shots

2. Give a Brief Detailed Description of Each Picture Shared

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Week Ten

Topic - How You Renovaten

After noticing soo many changes in your Sim(s) lives from New Additions to Visits from the Grimm Reaper I only wonder How You Renovaten

1. Showcase 1 or 2 spaces in your Sims Home that You've recently Renovated in 4-8 Pictures

2. Capture Your Sim(s) in the New Space

3. Give a Brief Description Of What the Space is, Who it's For, and What the Space is Replacing

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Week Eleven

Topic - How You Builden

1. Showcase a House or Lot that You have recently Built and Placed in one of Your Sim Worlds for Your Sim or Sim Family to Enjoy
    (4-8 snap shots)

2. Give a Brief Description as to What the Build Is and in What World it was Placed

3. Snap a Pic of Your Sim(s) enjoying the New Space

Post edited by Nhicks on
    ~My showcase thread~
    edited May 2016
    HYL%20I_zpsjnsz4r2b.jpg
    Meet Oasis Springs native, Londan Knowles- Walker. The Youngest child of Beyonce Knowles and Paul Walker, Jr. Having both brains and beauty, the former child actress, model, and singer, decided she couldn't handle the pressures of trying to be more famous than her celebrity parents and left for medical school. Creating a name for herself in the medical field was easy for this young scholar. Just shy of becoming a world renown surgeon when the loss of a patient that meant more to her than anything, her own mother, changed everything. Shortly after her father passed and Londan sat at the piano and composed the most beautiful song that even the hardest of critics cried. "The Truth Behind Tears." That song stopped the whispers in the world(s) and made Londan a world-wide name, and not in a bad way. Londan hung up her stethoscope left all of her families money and moved to Newcrest, a town full of other young celebrities, so she could be the star that was just waiting to shine. Now known as just Londan - the world(s) biggest up and coming superstar!

How Londan is Liven...
    Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous is what I would name my Newcrest. Londan lives in the red, grey, and white modern.
    I have not named this house yet, I have no reason why. LOL.

HYL%20II_zpshohtk0jv.jpg

HYL%20III_zpsd5bqpwaf.jpg

HYL%20V_zpsqhmfi2er.jpg

HYL%20IV_zpsfh2biteg.jpg

HYL%20VI_zps3sdx4grq.jpg

~My showcase thread~
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    This looks very interesting and is well presented :)
    Zita1966z wrote: »
    This looks very interesting and is well presented :)

Why thank you dear Zita! I can't wait to see how your sum is Liven :wink:
    ~My showcase thread~
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    edited May 2016
    Great idea @Nhicks :)

This is how I'm livin' ...

I build so much that I never really played much. But, since I started my Legacy (The Granger's) I have been playing a lot more.
    And, Here they are! Hangin' by the pool cause that's how they do! it...
    ft1.jpg
    Albus is the fourth generation and he married Grace a pre made sim I put in the game so he didn't have to marry some random townie lol they have 2 children Neville who is my 5th generation heir and their daughter Bellatrix (Yep all offspring are named after Harry Potter Characters :D Maybe My next legacy I will name all my off spring after Outland characters? lol)

They live here in a traditional styled home with 3 bedrooms 4 bathrooms a playroom, a veggie patch and a lot more really. It will prolly change tho it has every generation so far :p
    fft2.jpg
    They live on the biggest plot of land in New Crest and while

I don't have a lot going on in New Crest I do have a few community lot's such as The kid's park with ponds under the tree house and all kinds of fun activities for kids to get up to. Right across the street is a teen hangout I built sort of like a bowling alley but with horseshoes instead haha
    fft4.jpg

I also have a small day spa and a cemetery too. You know so my legacy family has a place to put their dead. :o
    fft3.jpg

I can't wait to see how everyone else's sims are livin' too! :)
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

@lisa17ann thank yo so much for sharing! I love that you have a legacy family! Great family photo! 5th generation, that is commitment! I love your family home! Very warm and welcoming. Cant wait to see a sim car parked in front of the garage! I love the pop of thevred door and your landscaping is beautiful! I want to go play at that park, forget my sims. LOL! Great teen hangout! Bowling alleies would be a idea!! Your cemetary is very pretty, what sim wouldn't want to rest there! I can't wait to see what you share in the future!!
    ~My showcase thread~
  • CaramelWonderGirlCaramelWonderGirl Posts: 3 New Member
    I haven't been around on the Sims forum long enough to post pictures; however, I will give you a bit of background story on my current family, The MacKeltars: Dageus (Husband), Mercedes (Wife), Arian (Eldest Son), Mariah (Eldest Daughter), Hallie (Daughter) and Christian (Son). Dageus is a part of a set of twins, his brother being Drustan. They are from a long line of Scottish druids who are sworn to carry the secrets of the Fae (Fairies) and uphold the druidic rituals to maintain the barrier that keeps the world of the Fae from being seen by the mortal world of humans. Both Dageus and Drustan have traveled through time (17th century) to be with their soulmates and continue to the MacKeltar legacy. Dageus fears that Mercedes will leave him should she find out the truth; however, he must come clean as both Arian and Christian are next in line to inherit the lifelong gift that is to be a MacKeltar.

My storyline is based off of one of my favorite book series by Karen Marie Moning.
    I haven't been around on the Sims forum long enough to post pictures; however, I will give you a bit of background story on my current family, The MacKeltars: Dageus (Husband), Mercedes (Wife), Arian (Eldest Son), Mariah (Eldest Daughter), Hallie (Daughter) and Christian (Son). Dageus is a part of a set of twins, his brother being Drustan. They are from a long line of Scottish druids who are sworn to carry the secrets of the Fae (Fairies) and uphold the druidic rituals to maintain the barrier that keeps the world of the Fae from being seen by the mortal world of humans. Both Dageus and Drustan have traveled through time (17th century) to be with their soulmates and continue to the MacKeltar legacy. Dageus fears that Mercedes will leave him should she find out the truth; however, he must come clean as both Arian and Christian are next in line to inherit the lifelong gift that is to be a MacKeltar.

My storyline is based off of one of my favorite book series by Karen Marie Moning.

Thank you for sharing! Wow, I can't wait until you can post pictures! I was visualizing in my head while I read though :wink: I'm sure everyone here will help get you established in no time!
    ~My showcase thread~
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Thanks for the invite @Nhicks I have never done Legacies and Stories with Sims before I do play them sometime when I'm not building but I had a little accident with my Sims world that I had to delete It and now have to start all over again pulled my hair out on that was going so well with my Sims but never mind and I've bookmark this. :)
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    This Sounds cool ^^ I'll post some screenshots and a story when I get home. Nice to see how your sims are livin'! :D
    chips46 wrote: »
    Thanks for the invite @Nhicks I have never done Legacies and Stories with Sims before I do play them sometime when I'm not building but I had a little accident with my Sims world that I had to delete It and now have to start all over again pulled my hair out on that was going so well with my Sims but never mind and I've bookmark this. :)

How crazy that our stories are so similar! I'm in the process of starting my world's over after a cracked disk and a brand new computer...I hadn't saved everything to the forum so I feel your pain LOL. Thank you for the bookmark!
    ~My showcase thread~
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    This Sounds cool ^^ I'll post some screenshots and a story when I get home. Nice to see how your sims are livin'! :D

Thank you @Julyvee94 ! Cant wait to see!! :smile:
    ~My showcase thread~
  • SakuraLeonSakuraLeon Posts: 272 Member
    This is such a cool idea! And I have just started playing a new town. I always start my game with me as a child and my family, and play them through generations! So here she is :)

This is Jennifer-Ann, a creative laid back kid, who loves hanging out with her club, SplaTOON, most days! Here she is relaxing watching SuperKids: Cortex Catastrophe before she starts her homework for the night!

f0qo38.png

She lives in Willow Creek right now. And loves being in the same town with a cool kids park she can hang out in after school.

Here is her home -

rarn29.png

And the rest of the town -

9vhwjm.png

fp8fmp.png

w148e8.png

:)
    Thank you for sharing @SakuraLeon ! Great backstory. Cool Kids Park, I love it! Jennifer-Ann is such pretty little girl! Can't wait to see her club hang out! ;) I love your neighborhood! Certainly has me imagining who lives there. :)
    ~My showcase thread~
    This is Sandra Muffin, she had a nice life in Willow creek with her parents but when she became a young adult she moved out to make a name of her own. As a gesture, her parents gifted her a bungalow in Oasis Springs. She started out in the astronaut career but also likes comedy since she is a goofball.

I7QWb3S.jpg

She lives in Oasis Springs now in a small Bungalow right across the street from the Calientes :) She did try to make friends with them, but they acted too snobbishly and didn't want to bond with her. Rude. But she has already made friends with Nancy Landgraab and Don Lothario. Uh, oh, I hope she doesn't fall for his womanizer ways in the future :)

8tCHEPy.jpg

hkJV3gj.png

3d8xrKZ.png
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    UTtU6Dp.png

This is Ariel, yes that Ariel. I original made her with her prince, Eric, and made them neighbors of my simself. When I decided to do the bachelor challenge she became a contestant. And even though I didn't really play with her (you aren't allowed to control you sims in the challenge) she became on of my favorites. She's pretty close to her Disney version, same color scheme, loves the water and wants true love!

The house she and 7 other princesses lived in is in Windenburg. It was a premade already in the neighborhood that I gutted and tricked out. It's hidden right along the coast with beautiful views of the ocean with access to a private beach.

znAILYC.png

UpoBUiW.png

jIadue4.png
    suRdkSd.jpg
    @swcheppes Thank you so much for sharing!!! I LOVE that you are playing Ariel and a house full of princesses! I'm sure there is tons of royal drama! Your renovated modern is lovely and I Love that you kept Ariel on the Rock of the beach :) Why do I feel like breaking in out in song right now LOL! She was one of my most favorite princesses by the way. Beautiful job!
    ~My showcase thread~
    @Julyvee94 It's great to meet Sandra Muffin! That's some gift her parents gifted her! I hate mean girls! Looking at that wedding arch I think Sandra has already fallen for Don ;) Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see more of your worlds!!
    ~My showcase thread~
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    Nhicks wrote: »
    @swcheppes Thank you so much for sharing!!! I LOVE that you are playing Ariel and a house full of princesses! I'm sure there is tons of royal drama! Your renovated modern is lovely and I Love that you kept Ariel on the Rock of the beach :) Why do I feel like breaking in out in song right now LOL! She was one of my most favorite princesses by the way. Beautiful job!

Thanks! Ariel is my favorite too! I don't know why you would think a house full of women all going after the same guy would have drama ;) If you want to see the drama I wrote all about it in my Bachelor: Disney Princess Edition!

I love this thread and plan to participate as much as possible!!
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member
    This is nice @Nhicks I will take some pictures next time I play ;)
    Nhicks wrote: »
    @Julyvee94 It's great to meet Sandra Muffin! That's some gift her parents gifted her! I hate mean girls! Looking at that wedding arch I think Sandra has already fallen for Don ;) Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see more of your worlds!!

Hehe thanks @Nhicks I don't think Sandra has fallen for Don but I think she likes to imagine a dream wedding although she's not the girly type. She has a child in my game but it's not really serious with the dude. I hope she finds Mr. Right one day.
  • svlynsvlyn Posts: 4,409 Member
    Hey this is an interestin thread. I will get something ready for you soon to show off my legency family but the builds and sims are not really mine if thats okay?
    edited May 2016
    svlyn wrote: »
    Hey this is an interestin thread. I will get something ready for you soon to show off my legency family but the builds and sims are not really mine if thats okay?

Yes, just showing a peek into our Sims worlds since we can't visit each others world's.
    ~My showcase thread~
    @swcheppes Thank you for sharing, it was like I was watching thevrwal show! Lol I love the paint off - genius! I'M happy with the ending ;) can't wait for next season!!
    ~My showcase thread~
    @Julyvee94 I hope she finds Mr. RIGHT too so you can invite us to the wedding ; )
    ~My showcase thread~