Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Removing IP Lag

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @MiyuEmi - I didn't know that the resort would persist after changing it to a community lot; so, hmm, I don't have problems with it in my game as I just never go there. I spend lots of time fixing up and playing Hobarts and just ignore those other two. Now, I'll have to play again and visit those old resorts! I seem to spend lots of time deleting those silly bushes and trees that are underground. I think that doesn't always stick either.

I found that if I played the pregnant sims, I could have them quit work and change their clothes. When I am in control of them and not playing with a mod that lets pregnant sims go to work, then they play well. So I leave that option for others.

@Okblondee7 - MiyuEmi is correct. It isn't a world, it's just a saved game. So you'll see at the bottom as an option to play one of your saves from the main menu.
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    @ciane Yeah, I converted one nice looking lot that you had changed to no visitors, but which had been that one modern looking resort with the tower into a residential lot, and built residential apartments on it. Every day a large group of sims just arrived and walked into my house making themselves at home. I also noticed while I was landscaping and building, I was getting the little plus signs when I put things up. I thought it was maybe just that, until I tried having someone live there. I figure it should work normally if I totally bulldoze the empty lot and replace it.

I killed them with MC because I've never seen a sim in-game attempt to go to work, nor have I ever seen a heavily pregnant sim (she gave birth the next day) capable of working out at the gym on a weight machine. I don't know if it's just her or if I just haven't noticed it with NPCs before but as I'm just kind of testing the world (once bitten and all that) I thought I'd get rid of them to see how it worked.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
    Pregnant sims shouldn't go to work, so obviously they didn't play them normally before packaging the game. I think they cheated the pregnancies and forgot to adjust the work schedule. The real problem is the career outfits. Without that issue, I think all would go okay. Many say that when they adjust the career outfit in CAS, then change them into the 2d outfit, all is well again.

Hm... I wonder what might have been left behind when you changed it to a residential lot that attracted Sims to the lot. Oh well... at least you can delete the lot and replace it.
  • Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    @ciane and @MiyuEmi, thank you for the insight. Now I know where to look! :)
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    @ciane Another thing I noticed as well, the Mediterranean style resort on the hill, if you completely destroy the lot and attempt to place another one, it will NOT allow you to place a lot of the same size. This lot placing by EA was clearly done incorrectly as when you attempt to put a fresh lot of the same size down, it won't allow you to do so, saying you cannot place it on roads. Playing with a family here now, thanks to your changes, though as I said I did bulldoze all resorts entirely, put in separately city hall, military and police stations and deleted all of the ports (just to be on the safe side). All running well now, and I can confirm, for anyone who actually thought they started as ghosts, that the Dregg DO IN FACT DROWN on the first day you play a family here. Check the paper on the following morning and they will have been said to have drowned in the pool of all places. Not even in the sea!
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    Bump. This should be stickied!
  • karasuhimechankarasuhimechan Posts: 41 Member
    Wow incredible instructions and advice!! As soon as I buy Island Paradise I will return to this thread!!
    Bumpity bump
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    THANK YOU for posting these fixes! I am all about tropical life and I got IP because of that <3 And now its saved thank you
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
    :smiley: I love IP. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member

@ciane, Do you still have all of the pictures that you used on the 1st page since they are not showing up due to the block that Photobucket has put in place to keep people from sharing pictures from their site? For whatever reason, PB is now charging their users $400 per year to use their account.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/920861/well-this-most-certainly-stinks/p1

This is what I am seeing when I look at the 1st page.
    yKJ1wuf.png
    Oops! I forgot that I used to use Photobucket. Thanks for reminding me about that. I guess I'll have to go into my old albums and see what I can salvage.
    Okay, I took out the Photobucket pics. Some things just don't have example pics any more. Others got upload pics included. I think it's okay, but let me know if you think I should redo something else.
  • mlilith13mlilith13 Posts: 6 New Member
    If you don't mind me asking, are your fixes (which I have downloaded) meant to "replace" all of the accumulated fixes you mention beneath your older update? Or is it still necessary to go through the list, deleting the indicated houses, etc...? I also intend to install the fixed world, and have Nraas' Overwatch and Register installed. In any case, thank you so much for taking the time to share your hard work! :smiley:
    edited February 2018
    @mlilith13 - If you create a new folder in your saves folder and copy the files I have uploaded into it, then you do NOT need to do anything but play that save (after immediately using save as to rename it to whatever you wish so that the original remains pristine).

The individual fixes are there to show what I did so people can make their own changes without downloading my save files.

Also, my apologies for not responding sooner. The notices that someone posted in one of my threads was either not working or I had a lot of notices one day and just missed this one.
  • Hunter_CottoneyeHunter_Cottoneye Posts: 48 Member
    Thank you very much for this guide.
    Here it is! Wish this could be stickied?
    YES! When they lump all the EPs together in the same forum, this gets way bogged down!
  • Heliel22Heliel22 Posts: 37 Member
    I know i'm mad late to post on this thread but i had problems with this game also, i will list my pc specs first i have windows 7, 850 EVO 500GB, 16GB G-Skill TridentZ series, GTX EVGA SC 1070 card, and a Dell 144hz 2560x1440 Gsync Monitor i have Nraas MC, Overwatch, and Register mods in my mods folder plus CC my game still takes awhile to load up, there's major lag during CAS and in-game, i have Los Angeles and Vice City custom worlds installed in my game. Do i still have to delete the houseboats and everything else mentioned from the original post even though there's no houseboats in these worlds and i don't play in any EA world that's already in the game any help would be greatly appreciated - HeLIEl
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2018
    @Heliel22 - The topic of this thread is specifically how to make Isla Paradiso, the EA world that comes with the EP, more playable. I'm afraid it has nothing to do with other custom worlds that may or may not use IP expansion pack features. But I will say that the two custom worlds you mention are over the top huge and most players find that the game engine cannot handle them properly no matter what kind of system or how many mods they have.

Although this thread doesn't get posted to so much anymore, it is still current, extremely valuable, and I believe should stay on topic and be stickied somehow so that it doesn't get lost among the other EP discussions.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Heliel22Heliel22 Posts: 37 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    @Heliel22 - The topic of this thread is specifically how to make Isla Paradiso, the EA world that comes with the EP, more playable. I'm afraid it has nothing to do with other custom worlds that may or may not use IP expansion pack features. But I will say that the two custom worlds you mention are over the top huge and most players find that the game engine cannot handle them properly no matter what kind of system or how many mods they have.

Although this thread doesn't get posted to so much anymore, it is still current, extremely valuable, and I believe should stay on topic and be stickied somehow so that it doesn't get lost among the other EP discussions.

It's good to know thank for the response
    edited July 2018
    Deleting all the extra houseboats just keeps other sim households from moving their boat from one port to another whenever story progression decides. Obviously, if you are playing a world with no houseboats, that won't be an issue. The other tips given for removing lag are valid in other worlds. Delete some fencing and stairs on community lots will help to keep spawned animals and sims from getting stuck and being able to route effectively. Having Overwatch is the best mod to help keep your game cleaned up, but you can help it out by deleting the parking spots in community lots and giving every household a car to cut back on cars being abandoned and taxis spawning like crazy.
    @EA_Mage Could we please get this thread stickied? Thank you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top