Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Do You Weed Out Bad CC Hair?

I have a ton of hairs...some I dont want, some I dont need, or some that looked really cute but are messed up. I think its time to declutter some of them but I have NO idea what half of them are called...any ideas on what I can do?
Orgin: BrianAndree

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Not sure if this will help or not, but when I'm not sure about something, I'll look through mine, and will do a search on the net using the name of the item. Most of the time it will show me exactly where I got the item from. What I do also suggest is, for the ones you do pull out, first place them in another folder that is outside of your game folder. This way if you realize you pulled out something you wanted to keep, this way you won't loose it by accident.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    is your hair in package files or sims3packs? If it is package files you can download S3PE, which will allow you to double click the package file to look at the thumbnail. You can also use this tool to merge your packages to decrease game load time.

If they're sims3packs stick them in your downloads folder so you can see them in the launcher then uninstall the ones you don't want. This will not erase them from your folder but it will make them not show up ingame. The other option is download UIC to see the pics inside of the S3P.

If you can't find those tools I'll post a link later when I get on my puter.
  • BrianAndreeBrianAndree Posts: 422 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    is your hair in package files or sims3packs? If it is package files you can download S3PE, which will allow you to double click the package file to look at the thumbnail. You can also use this tool to merge your packages to decrease game load time.

If they're sims3packs stick them in your downloads folder so you can see them in the launcher then uninstall the ones you don't want. This will not erase them from your folder but it will make them not show up ingame. The other option is download UIC to see the pics inside of the S3P.

If you can't find those tools I'll post a link later when I get on my puter.

I've never saw been able to get S3P but most of the bad ones are packages.
    Orgin: BrianAndree
  • Apple9Apple9 Posts: 45 Member
    If this is for the sims 4 xurbansimsx has a tutorial on how to get rid of unwanted cc on YouTube but if it's for the sims 3 I can't help sorry
    Here is the link.

http://www.simlogical.com/s3pe.htm

Download and install S3PE, then click on the package file. It will open up the window pictured below. Click on the thumb image and you will see an image of the hair.

Tried to add a pic but Photobucket is not cooperative at the moment.
    screenshot of S3PE

Screenshot%2017_zpscrwgahf3.png
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    How do I weed out bad hair? I put my hand gently over it then wriggle my fingers down under the roots and give it a good yank!

Okay, seriously, I keep pictures and the original archive files on my back-up drive. I download the file first, then save the image and if the image and file names don't already match I copy and paste the file name from the archive and use it for the picture.

When I find something in my game that I want removed but can't find the file I go to where the back-ups are stored and find the picture and match it to the file name. Sometimes file names aren't the same as their archive names so in that case I open the archive to find out what the file name is. The important thing is I have a clear path to tracking down whatever it is within a couple of minutes.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
    Lol @BSIRegina (still missing LOL button) :(

I do the same, except even more OCD. I rename my package files by creator then category then name of the item, then rename the pic to match. :D If you do that from the beginning it sure saves a lot of headaches later on.
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member

I do the same, except even more OCD. I rename my package files by creator then category then name of the item, then rename the pic to match. :D If you do that from the beginning it sure saves a lot of headaches later on.

I used to do (and kept a copy of the images in the folder with whatever it was) that then I would run into problems occasionally where I would end up with duplicate files with different names. I had the most massive organizational structures for Sim and Sims 2 but eventually I realized I spent more time maintaining my CC than I did playing my game then when I started playing TS3 decided I didn't need nearly as much CC because of CASt anyway so went with a simpler system that still works well but doesn't take nearly as much maintenance time.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,275 Member
    Thank you, ZeeGee! You reminded me that S3PE can be used for this! I've done it before, but totally forgot about it. I have a pair of awful CC jeans that I want to get rid of but couldn't find them.

Me too, but some people misused it. :disappointed:

cUrfGkA.gif
    You're welcome. :)