Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen in your game today/most recently?

Comments

• LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @SataiDelennn
    When it comes to Services, maids, nannies and gardeners will stay until your Sim asks them to leave and they will be paid too! :)
    Other guests (uninvited guests too) will leave a Sim's house about 2am "it's getting late..."
    If you intend to move your Nanny into the household, the option will be available once she is best friends with one of the Sims on the lot.
    As Nannies are Elders, you probably will only be able to play her for about 10-12 days (unless she drinks the Elixir of Life!).
    If you want the Nanny to wake up, get your Sims to make some noise - doorbell, TV, music - hopefully that will do the trick! :)
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Nah, when she finally did wake up, she was caught in that feedback loop thing again, and wouldn't move, and no one could interact with her. I wound up having to do the moveObjects on thing and delete her.
    Yay! I got Callista the Nanny to move in! Unfortunately she and Goopy have a crush on each other (he's such the charmer. I swear, he's like the Daniel Pleasant [or is it the other one, Don?] from Pleasantview. And he's always wanting to makeout or woohoo with at least three other Sims. I never let him, but he always wants to). So, it's going to be interesting since he's married to Lindsey. I can't believe one of his aspirations was to fall in love with Callista. She's like, 100! Hey! She'll be the first in my game to EVER die! Too bad their lot is so small. I have always wanted to create a cemetery! Yeah, my preferences on playing this game have definitely changed, lol. I've already thought about how when she dies, I can just hire a new nanny and get Goopy to flirt and chat with her and get her to move in, and then when that nanny dies, and so on and so forth. Nice way to treat the hired help, huh? lol I'll have a graveyard with nothing but nannies in it.

If I move the family down the road, is there a way to take the headstones with them to the new house?

Oh, I'm not sure, but I think that both Goopy and Lindsey have reached the tops of their careers! So, they're FINALLY making decent money! And Jason is finally out of his eternal bad mood because I finally let him get another after school job. We'll see how long this one lasts. He was fired from the other one because his grades went from As to Fs.
    It's a bird, it's a plane, no, it's Super Lindsey falling from the sky, returning from work! Good lord, did she startle me by doing that! And now she's standing in front of the house with that pose of superiority, waving her arms about, saying something along the lines of, "I'm home, hey, worship me!" lol and of course, NO ONE is around her, lol.
    It's a bird, it's a plane, no, it's Super Lindsey falling from the sky, returning from work! Good lord, did she startle me by doing that! And now she's standing in front of the house with that pose of superiority, waving her arms about, saying something along the lines of, "I'm home, hey, worship me!" lol and of course, NO ONE is around her, lol.
  • aavemyrskyaavemyrsky Posts: 143 Member
    edited May 2016
    Yay, I learned how to post pictures! I've continued playing with the daughter of the Goths, Annabelle, and the daughter of Kaylynn Langerak and Daniel Pleasant, Mallory, but let me just show a few pictures from before:

snapshot_64156e7b_841d0a0a.jpg
    Annabelle and Mallory as teenagers

thumbnail_6dae6a73_641f9eae.jpg
    Mallory had a rebellious phase in her teenage years. Naturally.

snapshot_84269cce_843a3460.jpg
    Mallory in college, having her mental breakdown from all the studing and being too diligent with everything. Her rough childhood still bothers her and she really has stuff to deal with.

snapshot_843d3a85_243e3b73.jpg

They both graduated college with excellent grades and moved back to Pleasantview. Here they are singing karaoke, their friendship has been very important for both of them.
    Mallory was trying to recover from her breakdown, and moved to a chep apartment which I decorated so nicely, too bad I don't have any pictures of it! It was very bohemian and cozy. Anyway, Mallory met a guy (that pre-made guy in the family bin in pleasantville, with the funny beard and black hair, don't remember his name :D) and got *gasp* accidentally pregnant! She was very shocked and after the father found out, they got into a fight (not a physical one) and he said he would have nothing to do with the child. So, Mallory was in trouble once again, but she decided she would survive. Soon, her son was born. She named him Daniel, after her father, who she loved so much.

snapshot_e43abfdc_643abfdd.jpg
    Mallory in her tiny apartment with her son Daniel. She had some rough nights with him.

Luckily, one day she found out that they were searching for new broadway stars in Pleasantview, and she applied. And with her amazing grades from college and her great skills in charisma, body and many more, she got the job! Mallory's story was starting to resemble a real from-rags-to-riches-story. She found it very hard to balance motherhood and her time-consuming career, but when she did manage to have time for her toddler-aged son, she made the most of it. Soon, they were able to move out from the tiny apartment and they moved straight into the Audrey Manor, and rented the most expensive apartment there.

Meanwhile, Annabelle moved back to her parents house (the Goth Mansion) and started looking for a job. Her lifetime dream was to become a mayor, she had always been very ambitious, and when she finally got a job as a Judge, she moved out of the house as quickly as she could. Since she wanted to be near her bestie, she too moved to Audrey Manor, to the apartment right below Mallory's. Mallory was living a luxurious life already, and it wasn't long until she was on the top of her show business career. She was a real celebrity. Annabelle was successful on her career too, and achieved the position as mayor. But she felt that her life was by no means ready yet, and she really started to long for love. She started dating, but it was at times very frustating. She was the mayor, after all, and she kept high standards for a potential partner.

One day, her father invited her over. He wanted to introduce Annabelle to her friend, who was a CEO at a big company and had just moved to the city with her 2-year-old daughter after a dramatic divorce. His name was Dylan, and the two really happened to like each other.

snapshot_6dae6a73_043e635b.jpg
    They even did the kiss kiss darling-gesture when they first met - i guess a real socialite can smell another one from a distance or something..

They started dating, and fell in love. They got married, and so Annabelle was no longer single. They went to a mountain vacation for their honeymoon, and because Dylan really wanted to extend the family, they started trying for a child of their own. After the honeymoon their little blended family moved to a nice apartment, where Dylan's daughter Ingrid grew from a toddler to a child.

Phew, that was a long story, once again :D I'm very glad if someone read the whole novel. I'm a bit confused right now, since Annabelle's stomach has not grown since the conception-sound (haha, you know, the sound you get after trying for baby if the impregnation happened correctly) even though it's been several days since they got back from their honeymoon. This happened to me with Kaylynn and the twins, and moving her to another lot helped and she gave birth, but trying that with Annabelle had no effect. Maybe I'll find a solution to this.

When I go back playing with Mallory and her son, who has just grown into a child, I plan on making her fall in love with someone and possibly get married. But I'd also like some more drama, it gets boring if everything goes too well and everyone is happy. :D Let's see...

• Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    aavemyrsky wrote: »
    Yay, I learned how to post pictures! I've continued playing with the daughter of the Goths, Annabelle, and the daughter of Kaylynn Langerak and Daniel Pleasant, Mallory, but let me just show a few pictures from before:

snapshot_64156e7b_841d0a0a.jpg
    Annabelle and Mallory as teenagers

thumbnail_6dae6a73_641f9eae.jpg
    Mallory had a rebellious phase in her teenage years. Naturally.

snapshot_84269cce_843a3460.jpg
    Mallory in college, having her mental breakdown from all the studing and being too diligent with everything. Her rough childhood still bothers her and she really has stuff to deal with.

snapshot_843d3a85_243e3b73.jpg

They both graduated college with excellent grades and moved back to Pleasantview. Here they are singing karaoke, their friendship has been very important for both of them.
    Mallory was trying to recover from her breakdown, and moved to a chep apartment which I decorated so nicely, too bad I don't have any pictures of it! It was very bohemian and cozy. Anyway, Mallory met a guy (that pre-made guy in the family bin in pleasantville, with the funny beard and black hair, don't remember his name :D) and got *gasp* accidentally pregnant! She was very shocked and after the father found out, they got into a fight (not a physical one) and he said he would have nothing to do with the child. So, Mallory was in trouble once again, but she decided she would survive. Soon, her son was born. She named him Daniel, after her father, who she loved so much.

snapshot_e43abfdc_643abfdd.jpg
    Mallory in her tiny apartment with her son Daniel. She had some rough nights with him.

Luckily, one day she found out that they were searching for new broadway stars in Pleasantview, and she applied. And with her amazing grades from college and her great skills in charisma, body and many more, she got the job! Mallory's story was starting to resemble a real from-rags-to-riches-story. She found it very hard to balance motherhood and her time-consuming career, but when she did manage to have time for her toddler-aged son, she made the most of it. Soon, they were able to move out from the tiny apartment and they moved straight into the Audrey Manor, and rented the most expensive apartment there.

Meanwhile, Annabelle moved back to her parents house (the Goth Mansion) and started looking for a job. Her lifetime dream was to become a mayor, she had always been very ambitious, and when she finally got a job as a Judge, she moved out of the house as quickly as she could. Since she wanted to be near her bestie, she too moved to Audrey Manor, to the apartment right below Mallory's. Mallory was living a luxurious life already, and it wasn't long until she was on the top of her show business career. She was a real celebrity. Annabelle was successful on her career too, and achieved the position as mayor. But she felt that her life was by no means ready yet, and she really started to long for love. She started dating, but it was at times very frustating. She was the mayor, after all, and she kept high standards for a potential partner.

One day, her father invited her over. He wanted to introduce Annabelle to her friend, who was a CEO at a big company and had just moved to the city with her 2-year-old daughter after a dramatic divorce. His name was Dylan, and the two really happened to like each other.

snapshot_6dae6a73_043e635b.jpg
    They even did the kiss kiss darling-gesture when they first met - i guess a real socialite can smell another one from a distance or something..

They started dating, and fell in love. They got married, and so Annabelle was no longer single. They went to a mountain vacation for their honeymoon, and because Dylan really wanted to extend the family, they started trying for a child of their own. After the honeymoon their little blended family moved to a nice apartment, where Dylan's daughter Ingrid grew from a toddler to a child.

Phew, that was a long story, once again :D I'm very glad if someone read the whole novel. I'm a bit confused right now, since Annabelle's stomach has not grown since the conception-sound (haha, you know, the sound you get after trying for baby if the impregnation happened correctly) even though it's been several days since they got back from their honeymoon. This happened to me with Kaylynn and the twins, and moving her to another lot helped and she gave birth, but trying that with Annabelle had no effect. Maybe I'll find a solution to this.

When I go back playing with Mallory and her son, who has just grown into a child, I plan on making her fall in love with someone and possibly get married. But I'd also like some more drama, it gets boring if everything goes too well and everyone is happy. :D Let's see...

Loved your story!
  • SourochaSourocha Posts: 1,465 Member
    My sim got married! Really beautiful ( even with the guests just asking for drinks...), It happened in a cottage house! :D
    OK, well, now that Lindsey is "Captain Hero," she's reached the top of her career, and by doing so is now in platinum status permanently. But a chance card came up and I had a choice of sending her to the power plant to battle the bad guys, or going after the King Robot. So, I took a chance and sent her after the robot. Glad I did. She defeated the thing, the city sold off the remaining parts, and Lindsey got 50K for her troubles. Yay! They're no longer poor, and I can upgrade the house now! Woohoo! lol
  • SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    Whoot! Congrats! *laughs*
    Whoot! Congrats! *laughs*

LMAO! Thanks! Maybe now I can buy them a few things, lol. This is the first family where I played them poor. I also had a situation a few days ago where I made a bad decision on a chance card and they had to pay 50K they didn't have. Thankfully this was before Goopy came home from work, and he's the major bread winner, bringing in a little over 3K a day, so after the 50K mishap, and he brought home the 3K+, I was relieved, because they had a bill to pay, lol. Now, hopefully, I won't have to worry about that. Interesting that even though both are at the tops of their careers (even Jason, who currently has an after school job in the law enforcement career, but is finally managing to keep his grades up) still get chance cards.
  • SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    How much are their bills? I don't know how they could be poor with Goopy bringing home 3K+ a day, though I can see that 50K 'mishap' hurting.
    A couple hundred. But they kept needing to buy groceries, and only had about 18K at the time they got hit for the 50K, so they had to rebuild from there. And there was always something someone was wanting that I had to buy to keep their moods in the green and not the red. The nanny got so bad because she was so into Goopy that her socialization skills fell. I sent her to a community lot, and she's so inept at socializing that she kept picking people to talk to who were already either doing other things, or talking to other people, and finally the social bunny showed up. Her mood picked up, but toward the end she got into fight with the bunny before he left. It was bizarre.

Anyway, that 50K has definitely helped me help them do their home up nice.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Woot a visit from the Social bunny! :D Was it a fist fight?? If so you should have recorded it! :p
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    Woot a visit from the Social bunny! :D Was it a fist fight?? If so you should have recorded it! :p

Yeah, lol, it was a fist fight, which was pretty amusing since she looks like she's in her 80s. It caught me completely by surprise! One minute she was talking to it/telling it jokes, and all of a sudden, WHAM! They were fighting! I got a few pictures, but I didn't think to hit the recorder, lol. Oh well, live and learn. I don't know why, but I always feel badly for the bunny or the clown or whomever it is who visits the person when they wind up fighting, lol.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Lol!!!! :D Granny beating up on the social bunny = priceless! That is awesome.
    Well, I've had a very interesting development occur in my game. Calista has a crush on Lucy the Maid, and vice-versa, lol. So, looks like there may be a wedding in the near future. This was not something I EVER saw coming. Maybe now Calista and Lindsey (Goopy's wife) will stop hating each other, and stop shoving and slapping each other whenever they're around each other (or really, anywhere in the house. Sometimes they will be miles apart in different areas of the house, and one will just up and decide it's time to punch, shove, or slap the other, lol).
    Are Calista and Lindsey enemies?
    If they are, it may take a long time to repair the relationship - in the meantime, keep them out of each other's way if possible? :)
    Now Calista is a playable Sim, you could move her out the home or are you planning to do that after she is 'joined' with Lucy the Maid?
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 949 Member
    Not much. For the time being, I attempt to graduate sims from ten households at college while wondering where to put graduated sims in Riverblossom Hills, Bluewater Village and perhaps downtown.
    The households at college have different sizes with a total of 47 sims (I think) not yet graduated and 10 graduated but still living at campus. The graduated sims are usually moved to their future home neighborhood as couples meaning 10 graduated sims give 5 new families.

Among the sims not graduated yet, three had new aspirations today, as they were sent to college with "grow up" aspiration, and an option to change aspiration is offered when passing the final exam after the last sophomore semester.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Woo-Wee... all the Drama! I enjoy reading about it but not always playing it. XD

Today my Sim reached her LTW of owning 5 top 10 businesses. She owns 8 but 3 are just there for the town to use (Cemetery, Furniture and Home Stores cause I don't care if they hit level 10). :)

This is the Country Karaoke Poker Bar- The Bar L
    snapshot_844cdacb_444f18b5_zpssvsynryz.jpg

The Bowl-a-Rama
    snapshot_844cdacb_c451b84d_zpsstgaugp5.jpg

The Cemetery
    snapshot_844cdacb_c44f9593_zpsmk3bf6pm.jpg

Pleasantview Park
    snapshot_844cdacb_644f9d98_zpsic9obn04.jpg

She bought a Beach House on Twikkii Island (not really on the beach; gives me a reason to make them leave the lot)
    snapshot_844cdacb_8450e178_zpsakpsmkbl.jpg

I had fun while she earned her painting skills- she used the fish tank for lots of cool pictures. I'm not sure if it's a tank from the game or from another Sims game.
    snapshot_844cdacb_a450a93d_zpsrimzcn3w.jpg
    snapshot_844cdacb_2450afab_zpsduytsyyd.jpg

She started off on a small 2x3 lot with almost nothing...
    Sims2EP9%202016-05-22%2015-54-17-94_zpsk9bibia0.jpg

and now lives in a large apartment turned house. I wanted the space for future Sims who need a home.
    snapshot_844cdacb_c44f6dee_zpsnc4xfhjf.jpg

snapshot_844cdacb_a44f6734_zpsxkthig8c.jpg

Course, while working her garden she was turned into a PlantSim.
    snapshot_844cdacb_a44f9e11_zpscx4tqtcd.jpg

She also earn all the badges but Cosmetology. She also made a Servo named Servodude.
    snapshot_844cdacb_244f0f4b_zps4dyd77bu.jpg

He's supposed to help but he's not that helpful.
    snapshot_844cdacb_8450847b_zpsdcn5fpn0.jpg

I gave him the Appearance of a Sim while he's home... This is what the game generated for his looks. :)
    snapshot_844cdacb_8450cf0f_zps2juiwx4b.jpg

Now she's home playing with the Water Wiggle and relaxing after being turned back into a Sim. :)
    snapshot_844cdacb_8451da54_zpsjo3uizdl.jpg

This is actually a few days of playing. :blush::cookie:
  • taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    My sim finally got his career reward, the cow plant. I put in the front yard, forgot about it. I wanted to get my sim wife prego so I can try out the cheesecake for twins. Got my sims pregnant, made and ate the cheesecake. Expectant dad goes out and tries to eat the cow plant's cake. Yep, dad's now passed and mom is crying inconsolably. It was hilarious. lol I saved the game, so I can try the Resurrect- o-Nomitron. This should be fun. :)
    @Rflong7
    Wow, you've had quite the adventures!

@LadysimPlayer8
    They just became enemies last night, but have been fighting for awhile as they both love Goopy. No, I'm not moving her out because she's the only one who doesn't have a job and can look after Jasmine while everyone else is at work or school.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Here's what happened in my game yesterday.
    Here's a fun Sims 2 discovery.It's a Social Welfare Mod allowing you to have sims going on welfare.
    I got this Mod because having to rush them into jobs was one of my biggest peeves about the game.It means they can collect welfare payments like in a Modded Sims 3 game.I got it from HERE
    27189631551_df4d875f02_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    @TadOlson
    It would be great to make a social security office in a neighbourhood! :)

@SataiDelennn
    If you have teens as well as adults in your household, you don't need a nanny to look after the children whilst the parents are at work - the Social Worker won't take them away. However if the teens have jobs too after school, you won't be able to do that.
    You could also move Calista out and hire another Nanny?
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Lol! The Cowplant is dangerous in TS2.

Oh, I sure haven't thought about uploading the lots yet. Maybe soon. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top