Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you play "Dine Out"

Comments

• BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    Some article I read said it can come bundled with movie and garden SPs, neither of which I have. Since SPs don't ever seem to go on sale, I'd get Dine Out in that bundle or wait 'til it goes on sale. I like the idea of being able to go to a restaurant, and it might be interesting to run one.
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I might, as I find the game packs are quite well made. I will want to see first what's included in it more before I decide, although a new spot for dating and taking the family out is really appealing.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • boguczed1boguczed1 Posts: 170 Member
    For me it would depend primarily on the Lazy Game Reviewer review and the trailer. I trust LGR to give unbiased and fair reviews.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm leaning toward a "yes" on this one, hoping that (a) it's like Retail in GTW and I can create a restaurant the way I want it to be then just let NPCs run it or download working restaurants from the Gallery, and (b) Teens can go there without adults. I'll have plenty of time, it looks like, to decide and see what other people say about it, assuming that it releases that last day of May, which seems likely from what we know -- I'm away from my computer most of that week :/
    Post edited by luthienrising on
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    Yup! I've been waiting for new content for soooooOooOOo long. I'm done starving. :p
  • simplysims25simplysims25 Posts: 243 Member
    Not buying it. Haven't purchased a thing since GTW. When I wish to build/play restaurants, I turn on my Sims 2 game.
  • Lindsmd113Lindsmd113 Posts: 196 Member
    Absolutely
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I wanted the proper restaurant experience ever since the launch of the sims 3 because they did such a great job of it in a sims 2 pack so looking forward to seeing if they did it well for the sims 4.

The store one from the sims 3 was great but not as good and just so late in the series.

Are the others things I want more absolutely but as its on my own list of needs for my game happy its coming now.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    edited May 2016
    Personally - I'm waiting for more info so I don't know yet.

I'm little concerned about musical chairs. Maybe they'll do a livestream play through before the game pack is released so I can see if it'll be more frustrating than fun - It'll urk me to pieces if sims just keep moving from their seats and chatting with random townies who are not apart of their "table".

Loved the restaurant system in the Sims 2 and they do push out good game packs... but I'm still worried.
  • slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    yes i will
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    Personally - I'm waiting for more info so I don't know yet.

I'm little concerned about musical chairs. Maybe they'll do a livestream play through before the game pack is released so I can see if it'll be more frustrating than fun - It'll urk me to pieces if sims just keep moving from their seats and chatting with random townies who are not apart of their "table".

Loved the restaurant system in the Sims 2 and they do push out good game packs... but I'm still worried.

This is still the main concern I have is musical chairs. For me the additional content, build items, clothing, hair and food would make me buy it anyway because I enjoy playing the game ... but I'm still hoping they anchor them in somehow for the duration of the meal.
    egTcBMc.png
  • snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    I probably will buy it. GTW and Dine Out are the only two packs that have interested me enough to get me to spend money. I love going to work with my Sims and haven't even explored all the careers yet because I'm trying to play EVERYTHING possibly related to the Scientist career first. I missed a LOT in Sims 3 because I would go through an EP too quickly and them move on to the next one without fully exploring all the options. I've wanted working restaurants back since Sims 2 and this sounds like it might work.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    I absolutely will. I have been awaiting active restaurants since Sims2! Was always my favorite 'go to' place for marriage proposals. To me, this GP is a huge step in the right direction. Thank you, EA.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    answer yes
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Yes I'll buy and play it.

I can see your DeKay Sim as a chef fixing Geoffrey a meal. :p
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,756 Member
    They will have to fix the musical chairs bug with people getting up and down during a meal or when watching a movie.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I'm not sure but tbh not very interested.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    They will have to fix the musical chairs bug with people getting up and down during a meal or when watching a movie.

@DeadFishy i do not know if your reading my toughs here but i also think that with dine out sims couples or sims familys dining out should sit toghter at the table and not in mix rooms like 1 sim in is bedrrom to eat another in front of the tv, some sims eating outside to name a few
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Scrab22Scrab22 Posts: 42 Member
    Get to Work had the same idea of owning a business. It was limited to specific hours and had its problems, from what I've heard.
    So, not buying it.
  • SlawfishSlawfish Posts: 431 Member
    I definitely will. I already have 3 restaurants that need finishing up, anticipation is killing me :#
    Looking forward to see how the customization works, restaurants can become really unique if you can decide on absolutely everything.
  • asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    I'm excited for restaurants, my only worry is that it won't be executed properly (and still have some bugs). I'm honestly expecting a variety of restaurant options and a plethora of new recipes and possibly new things we can grow.
  • shacoriashacoria Posts: 247 Member
    I really didn't care about the idea of owning restaurants either or find it to be anything to be excited about. I have said it before and I just feel like the game packs seem to be a little too specific for my taste. I like more general content in general.

However, the one thing I am excited about as far as dine out goes is the possibility of new food items. I love having new recipes and anything to do with cooking in the game, so I'm excited about that.
  • asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    shacoria wrote: »
    I really didn't care about the idea of owning restaurants either or find it to be anything to be excited about. I have said it before and I just feel like the game packs seem to be a little too specific for my taste. I like more general content in general.

However, the one thing I am excited about as far as dine out goes is the possibility of new food items. I love having new recipes and anything to do with cooking in the game, so I'm excited about that.

Same here! Cooking is my favorite thing to do, in game and out. So I'm excited for any type of new recipes. :)

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    I will play Dine Out. Restaurants are a core socialization activity in life, I feel, at least that's how its been in my life. So yeah I want to translate that over to my Sims. A town/city/world without restaurants just feels lacking great places to just hang out and chat IMO, while at the same time fulfilling a hunger need that is necessary for our Sims survival.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    First I'd have to see how it works. I've found that sometimes the pre-release info can lead me to believe things might work one way when they really work another way. Then if it seems to be devoid of musical chairs and other bugs I might pick it up on sale someday.

Restaurants high on my list for content? No...not even.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright