Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just wanted to put this out here

Comments

• Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    There is so much that can be added with game and stuff packs and patches that would help Simmers to be happier with their personal game. I have quite a list, too. LOL And I believe most of what I desire will be in the game eventually. Some items on that list might not ever be added but there is still so much to look forward to. Catloverplayer is right about the things that can be added slowly. And Mirta000 is spot on about Story Progression. Face it, Sims3 was a very complicated, detail-orientated game that was a challenge from beginning to end. I think they learned a valuable lesson while developing that particular part of the Sims franchise. And could be the reason why the devs are taking their time with Sims4. I remember what the forums were like back then. They were total chaos. If I sometimes sound like a peacekeeper, it's only because I don't want to see that happen again. Happy Simming, everyone.
  • lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    To some degree I do agree, we are getting content, just not in the time frame, amount or themes the vocal simmers want I guess. And I also am annoyed by the waiting period right now. Kind of wish I wasn't so involved in the community like back in my TS2 days. Where I wasn't excessively waiting for info because I had access to do so. I'd find out about the next pack, know a release date and just wait.

Also, I started a thread to inform others, because I don't know how many noticed we got a news thread this week about what content has been released to date. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/886852/content-releases-to-date#latest
  • Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    edited May 2016
    I understand both points of view.
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Sanriel85Sanriel85 Posts: 362 Member
    We are not greedy, S4 is just so empty no matter how much i love it.
  • lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    At this point - despite some of the ugly things I've seen people say - I couldn't say that people being impatient for content would make them greedy or unreasonable. At least not right now. It's been three months since we got any new content (Romantic Garden Stuff came on Feb 9).

At Gamescom they said, "New ways to play every month" and didn't qualify that that meant for 2015 only - so they kind of set a precedent doing that last year and now we're twiddling our thumbs.

I say it with love for TS4, but it's my honest opinion.
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• PhloxPhlox Posts: 32 Member
    It wouldn't be so bad if we still had the shop, at least we had new content to look forward to every month in Sims 3.
  • PSIPSI Posts: 55 Member
    Well, this thread backfired....

Anyway, there's a saying - whoever pays calls the shots. Or has demands, in this case. That's all I'm going to say.
  • kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    PSI wrote: »
    Well, this thread backfired....

Anyway, there's a saying - whoever pays calls the shots. Or has demands, in this case. That's all I'm going to say.

Lol yeah I think so. Another quote would be "the customers always right"
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited May 2016
    6 stuff packs and 2 ep's and gp's is not being spoiled, that's not even a lot content cause for the most part all you gotten is just stuff with one working object, not a lot packs that gives the game more options and game play. I honestly feel like they pass out more stuff packs cause it's an easy cash grab since they have them marked at cheap price. If it was 6 ep's and 2 stuff packs and 2 game packs then I could agree with being spoiled.
    giphy.gif

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2016
    I just realized this thread title sounds kind of dirty. Tags @SimStaffBethelle @SimStaffGabriel @SimStaffJessica @SimGuruDrake about the casting aspersions in the first post which I know is against forum rules.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Sanriel85Sanriel85 Posts: 362 Member
    edited May 2016
    Scobre wrote: »
    I just realized this thread title sounds kind of dirty. Tags @SimStaffBethelle @SimStaffGabriel @SimStaffJessica @SimGuruDrake about the casting aspersions in the first post which I know is against forum rules.

The only one who cause forum wars is EA.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sanriel85 wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »

The only one who cause forum wars is EA.
    True, a dance battle maybe.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited May 2016
    I think they are working on base game patch content all the time, and that is slowing the release. People keep saying "fix the base before adding stuff" and I think that's why things have slowed.

More hours allotted to BG content, less allotted to packs = Slower packs but better patches?

I know we haven't seen a huge patch in a while, but they usually release bigger ones with EPs/GPs.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    uo_aaronjd wrote: »
    If Sims 4 was free to play and I didnt have to pay for anything then id keep quiet and be thankful, as a paying customer I will discuss, complain,argue and post what my hope and dreams are for Sims 4 and not be chided for my opinion :)

The Sims 4 is a buy to play game, not sub, meaning looking at other companies you're entitled what it advertised it came with and nothing more :P if they decided not to make add ons, honestly it's their choice.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Well people should be lucky that they have Game Packs, we never got them for TS3 although considering GPs are DLC, I think that is a great shame as I am a traditionalist who always buys in box
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • princessdylanprincessdylan Posts: 124 Member
    Well people should be lucky that they have Game Packs, we never got them for TS3 although considering GPs are DLC, I think that is a great shame as I am a traditionalist who always buys in box

I dont understand why that makes us lucky when expansion packs are half of what they used to be and stuff packs are a poor replacement for store items
    qodtl3.jpg
    Gallery & Origin: princessdyland
    I play the Sims 2/3/4 & Medieval
    Please use she/her pronouns (:
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member

I dont understand why that makes us lucky when expansion packs are half of what they used to be and stuff packs are a poor replacement for store items

Agreed. And in my opinion Game packs are just chopped up pieces of the expansion pack that they can easily place in the expansions. I honestly don't think their should be game packs, its just another way to get money out of us when they can just put it all in one.
    giphy.gif

• blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Hmm...so the OP wants to set the forum rules of behavior and what can or cannot be posted, did I get that right? I mean, the OP posted what they care about and that is the rule of thumb, or is it? Good luck with that. SMH

How many people run this forum? Can I get an answer from a SimGuru?
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • boguczed1boguczed1 Posts: 170 Member
    The main issue I have is the base game was $59.99 and in my opinion, not worth that price when it came out, I do not seek rushed packs, but I would like quality packs (Somewhat lacking) and know what to mostly expect, and an estimated release schedule a couple months instead of a couple weeks in advance like with TS2 and TS3.

I enjoy TS4, but I feel that it lacks some of the "heart" of previous installments. It feels to me at this point as a crude use of The Sims franchise to bait customers.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    We are all entitled to our own opinions OP.

I just wish some of them were shorter, concise and didn't leave me gasping for breath after reading their "stream of consciousness".

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Hi :)

I disagree. I've been patient and I have been supportive of the game- just not how it's handled; which is my opinion and option.

So, yes- greedy. :lol: Yes, I would like more stuff- WAIT! Not more stuff, more game play content to which I enjoy. I've waiting for things from TS to return and waited for some TS2 stuff to return and am now waiting for all that and stuff from TS3 to return... of which I enjoyed.

I'm waiting patiently with a lock on my purse. :)

MrsCB_zpsec1687c4.png

Happy Simming :mrgreen:
  • boguczed1boguczed1 Posts: 170 Member
    edited May 2016
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)

I disagree. I've been patient and I have been supportive of the game- just not how it's handled; which is my opinion and option.

So, yes- greedy. :lol: Yes, I would like more stuff- WAIT! Not more stuff, more game play content to which I enjoy. I've waiting for things from TS to return and waited for some TS2 stuff to return and am now waiting for all that and stuff from TS3 to return... of which I enjoyed.

I'm waiting patiently with a lock on my purse. :)

MrsCB_zpsec1687c4.png

Happy Simming :mrgreen:

I love your reference to Mrs. Crumplebottom. :smiley:
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

:/ That look is all I have to say.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    Oh joy, another "complaining about complainers thread."
    Because, you know, it just never gets old.

The expression on your Avatar really fits your post. Sorry, it made me chuckle a bit.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top