Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You probley have seen this about toddlers and what they might have planned,

but just in case I came across this searching for new news on sims 4.
http://sims-online.com/toddlers-cars-seasons-ea-survey-august-2015/
while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?

Comments

• Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    No I hadn't seen this...glad you posted. It said that it was a survey of random newsletter subscribers...funny I have signed up multi times and have never received a newsletter...I feel left out
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
    Yeah I've seen this- wish they would have asked me so I could scream toddlers- I wonder if they only asked those who's answers would be what they want to hear...please sims gurus give me toddlers!
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    "Back to School – Take your Sims to school! Have your child and teen Sims participate in school activities including classes, dances, and student government elections or become a teacher with the new Teacher active career!" <- that, I really want that! For a very long time I REALLY WANTED THAT. Next expansion pack they said it will be something that we have never seen before in a sims game. Everyone guessed carnivals, but I would be sooooo glad if it was that <3
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    I just hope they'll actually be released, oh how I hope. Toddlers are my biggest want.
  • Options
    princessdylanprincessdylan Posts: 124 Member
    A lot of those are new expansion ideas or reintroduced expansions with added things, so I think the next pack could be any one of them, the dating app sounds interesting but so does the school one
    qodtl3.jpg
    Gallery & Origin: princessdyland
    I play the Sims 2/3/4 & Medieval
    Please use she/her pronouns (:
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    This survey was done in 2015 and as yet I have not seen any of these things like listed and it has been a year.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited May 2016
    I think they discovered that their specially ordered game engine isn't as easy to work with as they though it was going to be. One of them hinted as much a while back. I vote for Sims 5 they dig out the TS1/2 Edith behaviour tool again and go back to BHAVs and TTABs. They were easier to mod, too.

NB The behaviour engine won't affect the graphics engine, so it won't prevent them getting nice modern graphics.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    All of those things sound so good! :)
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I would like Generations and Cars out of the things listed. I like the idea of being able to use cars to go to different destinations. Both of these things would help the game feel more complete to me. Especially Generations. Preteens sounds awesome and toddlers too. Really, it would be so great. You could really raise a family and feel some type of continuity. It would also help with immersion and I would feel more attached to my Sims watching them grow.

I don't see anything about seasons but would like that also. I just saw one little section about bringing the weather home with you? Sounds strange but I would like there to be seasons.

I seriously am not interested in being famous in any way. That holds the least amount of interest to me. So, Get Real, Power Up and Get Famous are my least favorites on this list. Not interested in more costumes to be a super hero.

It has been 9 months since this survey so I wouldn't say it is not going to happen. They were getting ideas at that point and it takes a long time to do Generations and Seasons type EP's. I am still hopeful they will both show up. If we still don't hear a peep at the end of this year I will give up.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »

Agreed! It seems like there is something for everyone in there. No farm pack, still, though. :( It would be lovely if they could eventually add all that. Whenever someone makes a 'what was your favorite pack' thread, the answers are so varied. I can see how it would be a very difficult decision for the dev team to decide what do make next, to keep the most number of people happy.

I think the rebuild one would be most fun for me, if it is done well.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Piperbird wrote: »
    Simpkin wrote: »

Agreed! It seems like there is something for everyone in there. No farm pack, still, though. :( It would be lovely if they could eventually add all that. Whenever someone makes a 'what was your favorite pack' thread, the answers are so varied. I can see how it would be a very difficult decision for the dev team to decide what do make next, to keep the most number of people happy.

I think the rebuild one would be most fun for me, if it is done well.

Yeah I really do need a farm pack. If that was on the list, I would have picked it for sure.
  • Options
    Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Toddlers don't matter to me since I'm mainly interested in vacation, metropolis, and rebuild. I think they should've let all of us participate in the survey.
  • Options
    MinnieMouseMinnieMouse Posts: 262 Member
    These all sound fantastic. It's things like this that excite me for whatever comes next! And I agree on the Farm Pack... that would be awesome too :)
  • Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    No I hadn't seen this...glad you posted. It said that it was a survey of random newsletter subscribers...funny I have signed up multi times and have never received a newsletter...I feel left out

@StilleWater I feel left out also, I have been a simmy from Sims 1 always signed up newsletters.
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Options
    kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    All of these sound great!
  • Options
    thesailorscoutthesailorscout Posts: 61 Member
    Wow, thanks for sharing this! I never saw this survey. I really love the pack ideas centered around dating, school, and family.
  • Options
    boguczed1boguczed1 Posts: 170 Member
    edited May 2016
    IngeJones wrote: »
    I think they discovered that their specially ordered game engine isn't as easy to work with as they though it was going to be. One of them hinted as much a while back. I vote for Sims 5 they dig out the TS1/2 Edith behaviour tool again and go back to BHAVs and TTABs. They were easier to mod, too.

NB The behaviour engine won't affect the graphics engine, so it won't prevent them getting nice modern graphics.

The "specially ordered" engine to provide playability to individuals that could not run TS3 because of a lower-end processor and they "screamed" about it (Mostly kids and teens) the engine they built for this game is on the low end of the RAM and processor requirements, which is a hinderance to the game itself, also likely one of the reasons toddlers didn't come out, to many unique animations for the lower-end engine they put in this game.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    boguczed1 wrote: »
    IngeJones wrote: »

The "specially ordered" engine to provide playability to individuals that could not run TS3 because of a lower-end processor and they "screamed" about it (Mostly kids and teens) the engine they built for this game is on the low end of the RAM and processor requirements, which is a hinderance to the game itself, also likely one of the reasons toddlers didn't come out, to many unique animations for the lower-end engine they put in this game.

Well, that's depressing. I'm not a kid and I play this game to relax. Not having toddlers makes me crazy — far from relaxing, the game frustrates me. I love the CAS and the new Build mode and I just wish, for once, EA would combine the best of Sims into one fantastic game! Always, Always, ALWAYS we the consumer have to sacrifice something; Be it gameplay, life stages or what have you. I LOVED Sims2, had a love/hate relationship with Sims3; love Sims4, but for the lack of certain things, which I keep hoping they'll add. And if I knew it was coming, I'd be THE MOST PATIENT person alive. (I always have to wait for things I want, my entire life, so I'm used to it.) But, the not knowing is stressful. Very, VERY stressful.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    But, the not knowing is stressful. Very, VERY stressful.

when it comes to a point when a game becomes stressful to you, it would be the healthiest to stop playing it for a while. Stress is not healthy. Especially over such a small thing as games.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    But, the not knowing is stressful. Very, VERY stressful.

when it comes to a point when a game becomes stressful to you, it would be the healthiest to stop playing it for a while. Stress is not healthy. Especially over such a small thing as games.

Yes, thank you. I do know this, too. I don't often play Sims4. I did myself a favor just the other day and played (for hours) Sims3. Despite my love/hate relationship with it, it still held my attention, curiously enough. Right now, I just have too many stressers in my life, the game being a very minor aspect of it. :) Thank you for caring.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Yes, I remember that survey... it was interesting.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Pipersfun2 wrote: »
    but just in case I came across this searching for new news on sims 4.
    http://sims-online.com/toddlers-cars-seasons-ea-survey-august-2015/

Yes, I did see it. And, that was Aug. 2015. Doesn't seem to matter much does it since the next EP out in Dec. 2015 was none of it. And the next GP is none of it..so I guess they trashed it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.