The Sims 4 will be FREE to download across PC/Mac & Consoles on October 18! More info here: here
September 23rd- It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

The Sims 4 and EP3 will NOT be present in the EA Play event

Comments

  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    @SprinklesBonBon You sunk my battleship! And all it took was a can of sprite and a connect four board game. What was my battleship made out of styrofoam?!?
  • SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    @SprinklesBonBon You sunk my battleship! And all it took was a can of sprite and a connect four board game. What was my battleship made out of styrofoam?!?

    Lol! it could of been worst...could of been the battleship cardboard box :p
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    @SprinklesBonBon Oh I was wondering my battleship was brown all over. When I showed everyone my battleship they said it would never leave the dock without a kiss to the ocean floor...followed by laughter lol!
  • SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    @SprinklesBonBon Oh I was wondering my battleship was brown all over. When I showed everyone my battleship they said it would never leave the dock without a kiss to the ocean floor...followed by laughter lol!

    :D:D:D
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    To be fair and for those who want to know - EA did seem to give Sims 4 a positive report for "the end of the fiscal year" conference call yesterday.

    Now that is done, perhaps Maxis was just waiting for the new budget - as that may have been holding them up even. Who knows.

    Were actual figures mentioned or was it the 2/3 growth that was on VIP?

    The 2/3rd growth thing. No actual figures.

    There is the coming Investors Day Conference call coming on the 17th where we May hear more and where there is usually questions and answers more likely where we might get actual numbers if any of the big Investors ask the questions. Usually though most of the questions always seems to revolve around the sport games, or the new games or the really big games like Star Wars - TitanFall - etc. But I always find the Investors/stock holders yearly the more informative conference calls than the all business yearlies. LOL.


    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,397 Member
    I can't pretend I'm surprised, half of May gone and we still don't have nothing of concrete about the GP3, I wouldn't expect announcements about the EP3 anytime soon.

    And perhaps that's the right decision. It's better than keep delaying the release over and over later.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    That's too bad. I wanted another Rachel "You Rule" Franklin dance party :/
    4428435+_4a21b97ad998e00310740706cd368389.gif

    You are just jealous of her "You Rule" moment.

    Can YOU turn a press conference into a PARTY? I don't think so!
    ___________________________
    OUTER SENSHI PRIDE
    tumblr_o6xw8n9C001si7rwuo1_540.gif
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited May 2016
    ebuchala wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

    Hopping in here because it seems like there is a lot of misleading information being presented that I want to squash:
    1. Please link to a source whenever you make any kind of statement. Do not simply state something as being factual without any information to back it up.
    2. The Sims 4 is doing just fine. As many of you have noted from our financial report that The Sims 4 player base grew by nearly two-thirds in the fiscal year <<this is fact, not opinion (and before it gets asked: no I will not be providing any additional information that was not shared in our financial reports.)
    Additionally: I am seeing this far too often here and I want to make it clear. Your personal opinions are not fact and should never be stated as such. Do not make statements about what you *think* is going on within studio and try to pass it off as being factual information. Do not make statements of what you *think* myself and the other SimGurus feel about the community or the game --you are not us. The SimGurus are people not a product and should be respected as individuals --this means that slamming the developers and making personal attacks towards them is not and will never be okay. The Sims 4 is a product and you are welcome to provide your opinions on said product whether it is negative or positive. The forums are a place for you to provide feedback / ideas, share your creations, and talk / debate with one another about The Sims 4 and the franchise as a whole --not a place for you to attack / slander / defame the people who work on it.

    I'm happy to answer the questions that I can. I'm also changing the title of this thread as it is extremely misleading.

    I have a few problems with this lecture. First and foremost, there is this little thing called the First Amendment that says we can state our opinions as fact. It's something that the Supreme Court has upheld over and over again. So I don't think a Community Manager gets to tells what we can and cannot post within reason. And besides it's completely unnecessary. For years on the TS3 boards people stated as fact that weather could not be written into the game. They had a ton of very good reasons all based in technology. Yet out came the Seasons expansion pack. It would seem that expressing an opinion a fact doesn't change what the developers are able to create. Nor were die hard Seasons fans in the least bit intimidated by all the opinion as fact stating. They asserted just as vehemently that it could be done. When it came out everyone bought it, so EA was better for it.

    Second while I fully agree with the statement that the SimGurus should never be personally attacked and hope that all attacks are removed as soon as possible, I have to take exception to the use of the words "slander" and "defame". Those are legal terms and unless EA is planning to start suing users for slander or defamation, you should probably take your own advice and not use them nor should you accuse us of it.

    The Bill of Rights provides protection for individuals against government actions against freedom of speech and doesn't generally apply to private venues. A forum provided by a business is not government owned and isn't usually covered by the First Amendment. You can find a basic explanation about that here, about 1/3rd of the way down under "Do individuals have First Amendment rights on others’ private property?".

    Except that this is a public forum. The line is thin there but so far the courts have been supporting First Amendment rights on social media. They can remove things that violated their posted rules but they cannot tell us what we can and cannot think or say about their product. We can say, "Pets will never be added." if we want to. Doesn't make it true. They're welcome to rebut anything said here or clarify that opinions expressed here don't necessarily represent their views. But they can't say that we can't say it.

    I hate to but in, but I do have to say, I'm a political science major, and although it might not seem fair, businesses can censer what they want. It might not be a good idea for them financially which is why this forum let's us say a lot of things, but technically they have a right to set the limits on what they allow us to say. The 1st Amend is geared more towards the people vs. the Govt. Even though this is a public forum EA owns it and therefore they can set the rules on what is allowed.
    Post edited by BatmanFanGirl on
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    That's too bad. I wanted another Rachel "You Rule" Franklin dance party :/
    4428435+_4a21b97ad998e00310740706cd368389.gif

    You are just jealous of her "You Rule" moment.

    Can YOU turn a press conference into a PARTY? I don't think so!
    LOL I did show my brother it and he was like "What was that?" It was funny I admit torturing him.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Guys if EP3 is not one of the popular themed EPs (Any University,pets,generations,seasons etc) then expect A LOT of noise from me. I really mean A LOT

    The Game desperately needs the essentials at this stage. And if EA decides to go the "easy way" to make fast bucks then they are not going to get any from me.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited May 2016
    Guys if EP3 is not one of the popular themed EPs (Any University,pets,generations,seasons etc) then expect A LOT of noise from me. I really mean A LOT

    The Game desperately needs the essentials at this stage. And if EA decides to go the "easy way" to make fast bucks then they are not going to get any from me.

    *gets megaphone ready*

    Oh... And signs! *gets protest signs* *and maybe a pitchfork or two*

    --T

    ETA: Added an 's' by mistake. Oh, and @Scobre your 'my eyes' gif; lolololol I almost died laughing!
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    It's the X's and O's but I guess what you meant was the same thing lol @To7m

    Yeah lol

    Thanks :)

    --T
  • mmoblitzmmoblitz Posts: 479 Member
    I asked my cousion, the one I mentioned in a previous post, who is a software engineer in the gaming industry about TS 4 problems and he told me that although he isn't familiar with the code they used, if the game was destined to be an online game and then changed and modified to work as a single player game then that is probably why the game has all the problems it has. I feel that there are no toddlers because the online version wasn't going to have them, no terrain tools or story progression because the game wasn't going to have them. Terrain tools may never see the light of day or the culling may not be able to be fixed do to code limitations. Notice I said, "may" not. It all depends on how much time and effort they want to put into it. They have limited resources and right now, seem to be focused on earning more money for the franchise by creating more content to sell.

    Don't expect modding to come to the rescue. What you see now is probably what your going to get. I wouldn't expect to see any NRaas or Awesome type mods since I don't think that can be done with this code or if it can, there just isn't anyone around who has enough interest in TS4 to do it. It could happen, but I wouldn't bet the house on it.

    I place more of the blame for what we have on Maxis and not EA.

  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited May 2016
    mmoblitz wrote: »
    I asked my cousion, the one I mentioned in a previous post, who is a software engineer in the gaming industry about TS 4 problems and he told me that although he isn't familiar with the code they used, if the game was destined to be an online game and then changed and modified to work as a single player game then that is probably why the game has all the problems it has. I feel that there are no toddlers because the online version wasn't going to have them, no terrain tools or story progression because the game wasn't going to have them. Terrain tools may never see the light of day or the culling may not be able to be fixed do to code limitations. Notice I said, "may" not. It all depends on how much time and effort they want to put into it. They have limited resources and right now, seem to be focused on earning more money for the franchise by creating more content to sell.

    Don't expect modding to come to the rescue. What you see now is probably what your going to get. I wouldn't expect to see any NRaas or Awesome type mods since I don't think that can be done with this code or if it can, there just isn't anyone around who has enough interest in TS4 to do it. It could happen, but I wouldn't bet the house on it.

    I place more of the blame for what we have on Maxis and not EA.

    The emboldened part. Why?

    If EA turned around and said "This game has to be online", does Maxis have a choice in the matter?

    What then happens if 3 years into production EA change their mind, but don't allow Maxis to start over or give them more cash to do so?(hypothetically, since I don't actually know that and a lecture has been received about touting opinion as fact).

    Come to that why does blame have to be apportioned anyway?

  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    @sparkfairy1 I do know that you and a lot of others mourn the lack of toddlers and that blog (that was linked) did say that they wouldn't be in at launch. As far as the blog really explaining what's in what's out....I'm afraid I just don't see it.

    My example.....no cemeteries and, once they were added, culled ghosts. I know it may seem silly to many but haunted cemeteries and houses are as much a part of my game play as toddlers are to others. @SimGuruDaniel was in the forum one night shortly after release and I asked if we could have a cemetery added.....the reply was that it was on his to do list.

    In the blog Ms Franklin says "I’ll give you one example that continually jumps out at me as we talk about how to make The Sims 4 feel uniquely personal to you, our players." and then she goes on to talk about CAS. I don't feel I have a lot of options to make TS4 uniquely personal.....maybe with mods.....not the game as it is.

    Posting this again for the people in the back, they can't hear or understand.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • boguczed1boguczed1 Posts: 170 Member
    I bet EA Play will focus on Battlefield 1, Mirrors Edge Catalyst, and EA Star Wars Battlefront 2. I really don't get the enjoyment of Mirrors Edge.
  • boguczed1boguczed1 Posts: 170 Member
    Darkslayer wrote: »
    Eh. It all just sounds like scaremongering to me.

    So EA won't be advertising anything for The Sims for some game convention - big deal. Believe it or not not showcasing at a game conventions means diddily-squat and this isn't the first gaming convention EA has ducked out of for The Sims.

    Besides, I'd prefer for EA to take their time and produce something amazing rather than just spit out something each and every month. I've never been a fan of this quick-fire monthly release model and if they're straying away from it to take 6+ months to do so that's A-OK with me and I really just do not understand this need for instant gratification. TS1 and TS2 did not have monthly content releases and the only reason TS3 had them was because of the store.

    For me Get Together still isn't "that" old (December 2015) and we've had multiple monthly stuff pack releases that finally ceased to happen in February 2016 - how anyone can claim we haven't had any content in "ages" is beyond me. It's only been two months and we KNOW there is something coming because EA put up a teaser for it.

    Get To Work:- April 2015
    Get Together:- December 2015
    Outdoor Retreat:- January 2015
    Spa Day:- July 2015
    Luxury Party Stuff:- May 2015
    Perfect Patio Stuff:- June 2015
    Cool Kitchen Stuff:- August 2015
    Spooky Stuff:- September 2015
    Movie Hangout Stuff:- January 2016
    Romantic Garden Stuff:- February 2016

    Edit: I'm sure the people here who have been so vocal about wanting the game to fail are practically wetting themselves with excitement though because this is 100% a clear sign something is wrong instead of, oh I don't know, pretty much any other thing EA choosing not to showcase The Sims could actually be down to.

    For me it isn't the lack of new content, it's the lack of communication.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 28,463 Member
    boguczed1 wrote: »
    I bet EA Play will focus on Battlefield 1, Mirrors Edge Catalyst, and EA Star Wars Battlefront 2. I really don't get the enjoyment of Mirrors Edge.

    Don't forget Madden 17. That releases August 23.
    💚 TS4
    Things are as they are. Always hope. But never expect.
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited May 2016
    mmoblitz wrote: »
    I asked my cousion, the one I mentioned in a previous post, who is a software engineer in the gaming industry about TS 4 problems and he told me that although he isn't familiar with the code they used, if the game was destined to be an online game and then changed and modified to work as a single player game then that is probably why the game has all the problems it has. I feel that there are no toddlers because the online version wasn't going to have them, no terrain tools or story progression because the game wasn't going to have them. Terrain tools may never see the light of day or the culling may not be able to be fixed do to code limitations. Notice I said, "may" not. It all depends on how much time and effort they want to put into it. They have limited resources and right now, seem to be focused on earning more money for the franchise by creating more content to sell.

    Don't expect modding to come to the rescue. What you see now is probably what your going to get. I wouldn't expect to see any NRaas or Awesome type mods since I don't think that can be done with this code or if it can, there just isn't anyone around who has enough interest in TS4 to do it. It could happen, but I wouldn't bet the house on it.

    I place more of the blame for what we have on Maxis and not EA.

    QFT, watch out the tea is hot!

    6148240_orig.gif

    Only one thing that I disagree with, there is a story progression mod at MTS. Mc Command Center, it's based on Twallan's mod.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,242 Member
    I don't mind delays being announced. It's this calculated secrecy that gets my goat. And I don't wear that quasi legal/accountancy explanation. Other games don't seem to have the same legislation applied.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 36,294 Member
    edited May 2016
    IngeJones wrote: »
    I don't mind delays being announced. It's this calculated secrecy that gets my goat. And I don't wear that quasi legal/accountancy explanation. Other games don't seem to have the same legislation applied.

    It could be that other games don't have a habit of patching additions to the base game in whenever they release add-ons. It's that habit - one Simmers generally approve of - that triggers the income-claiming issue on basegame sales, where they can't get the cashflow from basegame sales for a whole quarter till the next quarter end. (I'm using "habit" deliberately here, because their pattern of doing this so much creates an expectation, even to the point of expecting particular things being patched in. Case in point: The general expectation that a Generations EP would come with a patched-in complete life stage.)
    Want to be notified of new Broken/Updated Mods/CC lists and new Info threads? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,114 Member
    edited May 2016
    After this rather dramatic thread with a lot of outrage, caps, disgust and anger, I fully expect everyone on here who has vowed never to buy another Sims 4 game again, to stay true to their word. Most people on here who moan endlessly buy whatever they put out anyway - it's human nature to be a massive hypocrite. Not that it would make much of a difference mind you - it's also human nature to vastly overstate the impact one individual can have. Everyone on this thread could stop buying the game and I doubt it'd make any difference at all. People kept on saying that TS3 was a downgrade to TS2 yet it proved to be EA's best selling computer game ever. Funny how that works.

    Personally, I enjoy TS4 - a lot more than I thought I would. I'll buy whatever interests me. I actually haven't played TS3 in a while and after reading this forum prior to buying TS4, I thought I'd be back to TS3 in a heartbeat.
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,494 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @rudy8292 wrote: »
    Their marketing is absolutely the best.. not.

    I don't have a clue what they are doing with their ''very big team'', but it seems they are spending more time playing around and making fun of their playerbase by posting stupid pictures on Twitter ''This is not a hint'' etc.

    Well, in 2011 content for The Sims 3 stopped being regular, as they assigned people to different packs, which then meant EP's every 3 months.
    Who's to say they aren't doing the exact same thing, and assigning people to different packs, and they are all in the early stages. Which may mean a drought now, but more content in the future.

    It's literally history repeating itself, The Sims 3 went through a sudden drought and bounced back with more than ever.

    I love how much hope you have. How long have you been holding on? They've been quiet for more than 3 months.

    The game is dying, there will not be a Sims 5. TS4 not being in the event all but confirms it, why wouldn't they have their own game at this event? They could promote it more, show the Dine Out pack, etc. They aren't doing that though. The suits of EA do not like this game at all since it has stopped making them money.
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,494 Member
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    After this rather dramatic thread with a lot of outrage, caps, disgust and anger, I fully expect everyone on here who has vowed never to buy another Sims 4 game again, to stay true to their word. Most people on here who moan endlessly buy whatever they put out anyway - it's human nature to be a massive hypocrite. Not that it would make much of a difference mind you - it's also human nature to vastly overstate the impact one individual can have. Everyone on this thread could stop buying the game and I doubt it'd make any difference at all. People kept on saying that TS3 was a downgrade to TS2 yet it proved to be EA's best selling computer game ever. Funny how that works.

    Personally, I enjoy TS4 - a lot more than I thought I would. I'll buy whatever interests me. I actually haven't played TS3 in a while and after reading this forum prior to buying TS4, I thought I'd be back to TS3 in a heartbeat.

    I agree with you, most people always say they will stop supporting the game but have nothing to show for it and end up being weak willed. I have not bought a pack in an extremely long time, all I own are the 2 game packs, and 1 EP which I bought on sale. For TS3 I would literally buy EVERY pack on release. I would stay up early hours just to download them first and get into the game as quick as I could, TS4 has completely defeated my motivation with the Sims. I follow it every now and then but I am far from being the same fan I once was in the TS3 times.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,478 Member
    blewis823 wrote: »
    mmoblitz wrote: »
    I asked my cousion, the one I mentioned in a previous post, who is a software engineer in the gaming industry about TS 4 problems and he told me that although he isn't familiar with the code they used, if the game was destined to be an online game and then changed and modified to work as a single player game then that is probably why the game has all the problems it has. I feel that there are no toddlers because the online version wasn't going to have them, no terrain tools or story progression because the game wasn't going to have them. Terrain tools may never see the light of day or the culling may not be able to be fixed do to code limitations. Notice I said, "may" not. It all depends on how much time and effort they want to put into it. They have limited resources and right now, seem to be focused on earning more money for the franchise by creating more content to sell.

    Don't expect modding to come to the rescue. What you see now is probably what your going to get. I wouldn't expect to see any NRaas or Awesome type mods since I don't think that can be done with this code or if it can, there just isn't anyone around who has enough interest in TS4 to do it. It could happen, but I wouldn't bet the house on it.

    I place more of the blame for what we have on Maxis and not EA.

    QFT, watch out the tea is hot!

    6148240_orig.gif

    Only one thing that I disagree with, there is a story progression mod at MTS. Mc Command Center, it's based on Twallan's mod.

    Thank you so much for the Prince type Pic, I Luv that guy and was so sad when he passed, I even made him in the Sims 4 with No CC in the Gallery, thanks again, made My day, :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top