Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you play "Dine Out"

Comments

• YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    Eh I'm on the fence about it. Kinda want to buy it just to review and see if I like anything. I don't have much time to play these days though so will I rush to get it on release day? Doubt it.

It really feels like it's been forever since new content was released. If TS4 was a board game, mine would have SO much dust on it lol.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    Yes I'll buy and play it.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • LysistrataLysistrata Posts: 323 Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm looking forward to it and will definitely be adding it to my game. Besides the fact that I'm so desperate for new content that I haven't played in months, I loved restaurants in TS2 and have been wanting them ever since. I was NOT a fan of all the rabbit holes in TS3; I would rather have load screens than rabbit holes.
  • MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    I honestly don't know if I will buy and play Dine Out.
    I would really much like to like this game but at the moment I don't like to play the game AT ALL. There are so many things that irritate me and I also have a "builder's block"...
    TS4 is way too "cute and perfect" for my liking atm. I want more negativity in my game! Sounds odd, I know...
    I dunno, maybe I am just depressed?
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
  • KariussaKariussa Posts: 968 Member
    Guess I will buy it some time, but I don't find it interesting, so not in a hurry to get it...
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    It's been wanting since day 1 and amongst other things like (cough) toddlers!
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I have wanted a restaurant game pack since day one and have wanted actual decent restaraunts since day 1 for sims 3.

I am so excited and have so much peps.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Ofcourse i'm going to buy it. My dates are awful since they're always talking to other people, a restaurant would be a nice replacement so they have time for eachother.

I want my sim to invite her friends over in the morning and go dining out late at night. Maybe make a "fastfood" restaurant when they danced all night and want to go for a quick snack.

Or make my own 50's diner and she people enjoying their time, maybe going on a night out with their family!

Honestly, I like the Game packs more than Expansion packs, mostly because they're focused on one theme only and I really like that, just because you know that it will be full fleshed.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • 2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    It depends. I've been asking for restaurants since GTW. It really has a lot to do with how they designed and developed restaurants into the game. If we can run our own restaurants, yet take our sims to that same restaurant when our sim isn't working at the lot then I'll definitely love it. Whereas with bakeries we can run them, but we can't visit them if their not working. That's why I absolutely hate GTW... it's only interesting when your sim is working. It also depends on what types of restaurants we can run. I want my sim to own a gourmet 5-star restaurant, while another sim owns a casual family dining restaurant; while their friend down the block runs a fast food restaurant that serves burgers and fries. And if our sims can go to the same restaurants with family, friends, or romantic interest there needs to be enough game play features to keep me interested. But if it's just another "run a bakery" set-up then I'll eventually buy it but it won't be on the top of my purchase list.
  • SchneehaseSchneehase Posts: 24 Member
    I will definitively buy it as soon as it's released. :smile:
  • Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    I hope kids will be able to "dine out" as well. I think they could in the Sims 3 bistro Store Set, but in Sims 2 my kids couldn't order anything at the restaurants, only the adults.

Adults ordered for children at restaurants in Ts2. I liked that. I find it more realistic. I wouldn't like to see children eating out on their own...

As regards families, the product description says: "Dine out with Sims to enjoy all-new experimental cuisine and spend quality time with friends and family." So I think kids will most definitely be included.

Oh, they did? I didn't know that was an option! I didn't mean they should eat out on their own, I just didn't think they could eat out at all lol.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Yes yes yes!
    giphy.gif
    giphy_1.gif
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Don't know.

Not because I don't want the pack itself, but because I don't know where this game is heading anymore. For pets they said they are not working on. For toddlers the same too.

I think it will depend on the next EP. I don't want to put more money in a game that feels it is going to be stopped the next day.

The restaurant seems like a nice idea but these GPs are not filling the gaps of the game. They just will add additional stuff that might be nice or not much needed.

EA, give us the essentials.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    edited May 2016
    Why I have this terrible feeling this restaurant EP will be just like going to pub or nightclub? Your sim(s) suddenly gets up from the table in the middle of "romantic" dinner..someone else (a total stranger!) sits down...and all around there is "musical chairs" happening...
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    MistyLake wrote: »
    Why I have this terrible feeling this restaurant EP will be just like going to pub or nightclub? Your sim(s) suddenly gets up from the table in the middle of "romantic" dinner..someone else (a total stranger!) sits down...and all around there is "musical chairs" happening...

I can see the same thing happening. It is up to EA to prove us wrong.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    I will be playing this, hopefully restaurants won't be afflicted by musical chairs! I'll be playing it because my husband will be getting it for me (means he gets peace to play his fps games which I've never got in to whilst I'm simming, playing WoW or hidden object games - great for a stress free hour, even if some hidden object scenes scramble my brain) but I'm unsure whether I'd spring for it myself, if he's paying I'll give it a go (I had get together for uk Mother's Day off our 3 year old).
  • princessdylanprincessdylan Posts: 124 Member
    edited May 2016
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I don't know. I think restaurants should have been in an EP like GTW, too. Especially since we can supposedly run one. I think I hear the TS3 cash cow gearing up to start mooing for TS4. lol
    I think restaurants could've been added in GTW or GT also. If I get this one it will most likely be during a sale like everything else

I think at the same time if it was included in an EP that would give them an excuse to not do it properly like how the baking skill and cupcakes were... well half baked. I think this is a good idea and they should've made baking and retail a gamepack instead of shoving it into an EP. GTW couldve had more active careers that way.

qodtl3.jpg
    Gallery & Origin: princessdyland
    I play the Sims 2/3/4 & Medieval
    Please use she/her pronouns (:
  • LightfieldLightfield Posts: 12,450 Member
    I won't play it, the concept isn't something I'm interested in personally, but I hope it will turn out great and it will be really fun to see pictures and such from people playing it.
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    I'm excited about getting Dine Out. I don't much care to own a restaurant but I will be happy to send my sims on dates and family outings there. I hope sims can cuddle In booths and play footsie. I liked TS2 restaurants. I hated TS3 rabbit holes. I hope we can set up the restaurant without having to have someone buy it first. I would love to see a pizza oven, sushi bar, ice cream freezer, hot dog cart, booth seats, and maybe some other activities ( pinball, pizza arcade games, ball house, etc.) I hope they also bring out cars so we can have drive thru's ( I know that's asking for a bit much.) I can see fine dining along with museum pieces....fast food places, 50's diner, ice cream shop, pizza place,...i would love to have a candy shop. I hope the pack comes with more spots to build, or they bring out a new land in a patch. I'm excited about the pack!
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    It depends. If it's entirely possible to just go and eat, then yes. If you've got to own one to have your sims go and eat, then no, Putting it in it's most basic form.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    I hope kids will be able to "dine out" as well. I think they could in the Sims 3 bistro Store Set, but in Sims 2 my kids couldn't order anything at the restaurants, only the adults.

Adults ordered for children at restaurants in Ts2. I liked that. I find it more realistic. I wouldn't like to see children eating out on their own...

As regards families, the product description says: "Dine out with Sims to enjoy all-new experimental cuisine and spend quality time with friends and family." So I think kids will most definitely be included.

You're assuming that by family they meant children. They could be implying a spouse or elder parent for all we know.

All I can think of is the photo studio object and how kids and any other age can't use it together.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I like building more than actually playing with the Sims so will buy it for the new build and buy objects. I also hope it might also get rid of some of the problems of buying and selling that came with GTW .
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I will buy it as soon as it comes out, because for me, this is content that I've been demanding since The Sims 3. It's one of the pillars of the franchise for me. I won't be playing it for a really long time though, because The Sims 4 is generally not interesting me anymore, and Overwatch, the best game I've played in many years, is launching in the same day. I will be really occupied with it, but knowing that I have restaurants in The Sims 4 will make me feel like it's more complete when I eventually play it.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I will not be buying it.

--T
  • KatrinkuKatrinku Posts: 224 Member
    Of course! I love The Sims 4!