Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Green blocks around pools.

2...Next

Comments

• SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    UPDATE: The snow issue only occurs during the daytime. At night, it shows correctly and doesn't flicker.

Maybe it's reflecting the sun? Like when you look at snow on the ground in real life and it's crisp and new, and glints in the sun?
  • MeadowThayerrMeadowThayerr Posts: 239 Member
    It's not, it's like flickering in the sense that it's choppy in those areas where the floor tiles are.
    Hello there, I'm Haleigh!
    It's MeadowThayerr with 2 Rs because someone beat me to the normal way.
    My Sims Website | The Kennedy Legacy ✓ | The Deepwater ISBI | The Disney Name Game
    Hmm... And you've tried playing in compatibility mode or run as administrator to see if that makes a difference? I don't know if those suggestions will work. I play using Windows 7 and outside of my babies currently all in one neighborhood all being born so far with alien ears, and nannies periodically getting stuck in a feedback loop so no one can interact with them and they have to be deleted, I'm not experiencing many issues.
  • MeadowThayerrMeadowThayerr Posts: 239 Member
    edited May 2016
    @SataiDelennn The pointed ears? Those usually aren't from aliens, those are the elf ears that you can give a sim in CAS. I've accidentally done that before without realizing.

My butler randomly keeps changing into his underwear when he's on the job, but that's usually just amusing :lol:

I think most of the issues I'm experiencing are just because my computer is so new, and the game is so old it's not really sure what to do with my graphics card.
    Hello there, I'm Haleigh!
    It's MeadowThayerr with 2 Rs because someone beat me to the normal way.
    My Sims Website | The Kennedy Legacy ✓ | The Deepwater ISBI | The Disney Name Game
  • Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    edited May 2016
    @Summerbear5 try turning shadows off and see if it fixes the problem.

I've turned shadows off but it doesn't matter plus even if it did fix it I rather have ugly pools at night time then and overall ugly game all the time due to the fact of having no shadows hehehe...Spent a lot on this gaming comp and have a really good graphics card that I know can handle all this. EA games just said my graphics card is just to new it doesn't know how to handle it.

EDIT: I've also turned everything on low and still doesn't fix it.
    angrycat.gif
    @Summerbear5 try turning shadows off and see if it fixes the problem.

I've turned shadows off but it doesn't matter plus even if it did fix it I rather have ugly pools at night time then and overall ugly game all the time due to the fact of having no shadows hehehe...Spent a lot on this gaming comp and have a really good graphics card that I know can handle all this. EA games just said my graphics card is just to new it doesn't know how to handle it.

EDIT: I've also turned everything on low and still doesn't fix it.

Wow, sorry to hear your computer is "too new" and the game is "too old." You know, with everyone EA must get contacting them regarding Sims 2, you'd THINK they'd get a clue and go to corporate and say, "Hey, the Sims2 is still REALLY popular with people. Maybe you should consider revamping it/repackaging it, and SELLING it to the general public again. You could really make some good money." and MAYBE corporate could actually get a brain and DO IT! Trouble is, if the other game site I frequent is anything to go by regarding art quality on some things, the visual quality of the "new" game wouldn't be ANYTHING like what we have now.
    edited May 2016
    Duplicate post. Extra content removed.

Seriously, what is up with this place today??? It takes me two or three times to get a post to well, post!
    edited May 2016
    triplicate post. Extra content removed.