Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

well for some silly reason i installed and tried the sims 4 again

carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
and uninstalled it ten minutes later enoough said!!! LOL sims 3 it will always be for me xxx

Comments

• StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    LOL! I tried the demo and didn't last long at all. It's like the Sims 4 is an updated version of Sims 2, in my opinion so I'm keeping my fingers, eyes, and toes crossed hoping Sims 5 will be a glitch free version of Sims 3 (if there is a sims 5 *hope*hope*) :D
  • carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    StephSteb wrote: »
    LOL! I tried the demo and didn't last long at all. It's like the Sims 4 is an updated version of Sims 2, in my opinion so I'm keeping my fingers, eyes, and toes crossed hoping Sims 5 will be a glitch free version of Sims 3 (if there is a sims 5 *hope*hope*) :D

i dunno why i cant stand the sims4 i just cant it looks washed out imo and like a cartoon my sims 3 sims look realistic and human with all my default skins etc
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited May 2016
    I've been tempted to reinstall a couple of times, but then I remember how little fun I had with the game. I didn't hate it, just found it ultimately boring. I still keep up with the news to see if there are any new packs that may make the TS4 experience better for me. I'm still a simmer at heart, so I want to try it again at some point before writing it off completely. But, nothing yet. The EPs have been slow coming, though, and the bits and pieces in Stuff Packs haven't interested me yet.

Sims 3 is still the best game for my simming style.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
    edited May 2016
    I wouldn't call TS4 an updated TS2. Personally I think that's an insult to TS2, which was a great game. It shares a closed world, with the open areas being an upgrade I suppose, but it lacks so many of the details and depth that game had.

I don't know what TS4 is - it's not even as good as TS1 but shares some similarities with that game, too. Babies couldn't leave their cribs and sprung into children upon aging up. Of course they never aged beyond children, so I guess you could say that TS4 is an upgrade since children age now.

All in all, though, I don't find it an upgrade to either game. Me, I just find it sad.

Yeah, I don't see TS4 as an updated TS2 either. It feels like a spin-off. It reminds me the most of the mobile game, but even that has more features. Maybe it's like an updated TS1... maybe. But, as weird as it feels to say, I think TS1 had more depth than TS4. It was harder to keep sims happy, there was more chaos, there was so much attention to detail and more going on besides just chatting and flirting. "Depth" in a video game isn't easy to describe. But I felt it more with 1 than I did with 4. 4, I feel tries really really hard to be cute and quirky and entertaining. Like a little kid jumping up and down for attention going "look how funny I am." But earlier entries in the series didn't seem to have to try that hard. They simulated life, yeah, that meant quirky moments and cute moments, but also dark moments. They gave you more control too, I feel. :pensive:

Anyway, I'm super detail-oriented. I'm also probably overly analytical. I have a job that's equal parts people focused and science/technology focused. I like tiny details and minutiae. I like complexity. And TS4 with its "puppet show" structure just doesn't hit the right notes for me. Not now anyway. If at some point they come up with a really hefty expansion that I feel like can dig into, I may try it again. That's why I keep up with the news, I guess. But, I don't know where they're going with TS4.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited May 2016
    @HappySimmer3 I agree :( So sad when people think it is just hate for Sims 4 when they forget we are actually fans who are very dissapointed with a lackluster game.I hate even knowing how much hatred I have towards a game with the Sim name.I love Resident Evil, every single one but Resident evil 6 is just like sims 4 it is just awful and a slap in the face of fans.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Well, I meant absolutely no offense with my statement....it's just 4 reminded me a lot of 2 and I started out with, played like crazy, and loved 2. It's just the set up and silliness of the sims reminds me of 2 a little *shrug* I didn't mean it in a bad way.

I DO, however, think that 4 is just a huge step backwards from 3 and that to me IS a giant insult. It's like, "Hey guys, here's all of this cool stuff in 3 but HAHAH NOPE you get none of that in 4 *pfffbbbttt*

Le sigh.
    Well, I meant absolutely no offense with my statement....it's just 4 reminded me a lot of 2 and I started out with, played like crazy, and loved 2. It's just the set up and silliness of the sims reminds me of 2 a little *shrug* I didn't mean it in a bad way.

I think they were trying really hard to emulate the quirkiness of 2. I can see why it reminds you of 2 in some ways.

When I first got TS2 I couldn't put it down either. I was absolutely obsessed with that game. :grin:

IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Dylan.WalshDylan.Walsh Posts: 115 Member
    edited May 2016
    I can´t connect with The Sims 4 because there is not fun for me. There is too much drama with the changing emotions that I do not feel any connection with my Sim when he change from sad to happy and then he is angry. It seems that they are bipolar sometimes. I love the Sims 2 and with the Sims 3 I got all the stuff that I wanted on The Sims 2.
    @GabbyGirlJ You know what I like about Sims 3

The weird stuff you can find dumpster diving..

Take this shirt for example,sure it was dirty but after a good wash it was good as new...

:*

Screenshot-2412_zpsao96ahhz.jpg

Screenshot-2418_zpsdvyexasq.jpg

Sims are so wasteful :#

DfydFiZ.gif
    @CravenLestat Love it! :love: Hahah!

Sims are so lucky!
    IHJCfa6.jpg
    @GabbyGirlJ Glad you love it..cause I made it for you silly goose.

Here you go. <3 Will be in your fabrics category in Create A Style

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8903310

DfydFiZ.gif
    @CravenLestat

Thank you so much! :blush:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • mmoblitzmmoblitz Posts: 479 Member

I hope your right, but I fear that the next version will be even a more simplified, shallow, and linear version of the sims, playable across all mobile devices with pay walls throughout the game. Remember that the new head of Maxis has brought the sims mobile team into the fold so that tells you what you can probably expect.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    mmoblitz wrote: »

I hope your right, but I fear that the next version will be even a more simplified, shallow, and linear version of the sims, playable across all mobile devices with pay walls throughout the game. Remember that the new head of Maxis has brought the sims mobile team into the fold so that tells you what you can probably expect.

I really wouldn't be surprised if that were true. I have lost a lot of faith and hope for my favorite game. It seems it's on a downhill slope that they are calling innovative and fresh (pfft). I will tell you, I have no intention of even thinking of buying Sims 5, if it's ever made, without a lot of watching of reviews and LP's. I will not make the same mistake I made with Sims 4 again. Fool me once....
    p8L4V6v.png
  • nekocat86nekocat86 Posts: 28 Member
    I think of trying Sims 4 and then I see posts like this. Hmmmm, maybe I'll stick with 3. :D
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    I tried TS4 at a friend's house. Thought CAS and the gallery stuff was fun, but the actual gameplay was horrendous. Everything I wanted to do, I couldn't. The absolute worst was the constant loading screens. TS3 all the way, baby! Well, I do love me some TS2 now and then too.

Btw, let's be all Kumbaya and never slam fellow players for thinking TS4 reminds them of another game in the series. It reminds me a bit of the first TS, which I know to some gamers is verbal treason. ;)
  • GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    I tried it again a while back.. I thought. "Well I'll stick to a single sim! I'll play the field... I'll decorate the house nicely."

10 seconds into it and I was cursing the fact that in CAS I couldn't lower opacity of makeups, I couldn't pick the hairstyle I wanted in the colour I wanted... I couldn't change the pattern of the clothing.

THEN I got into the house building part... and same thing. The colour choices are such tiny little things that I had to squint to see them, and once again few choices. I have CC stuff, but that's not the same. I have to DL CC items that have like 60 versions, all smooshed into the tiny swatch area.

I actually never made it out of the house. I stopped building/buying after one bed, a bedside table and two lamps.

THEN I switched to a different household because I thought I might have more fun with a couple in a house that's already finished... I had him garden a few plots, which was ok. Then the next morning I got depressed at the very tiny playable area that was around their house. THEN her horrendous facial expressions put me off. Just the over the top smiling and actions (watching her play on her phone was... awful).

Done. I thought it would be a fun 'tablet like' game to play on my laptop. Alas no.
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited May 2016

I DO, however, think that 4 is just a huge step backwards from 3 and that to me IS a giant insult. It's like, "Hey guys, here's all of this cool stuff in 3 but HAHAH NOPE you get none of that in 4 *pfffbbbttt*

Le sigh.

Like @GabbyGirlJ, I also think they were trying to bring back some of the zaniness of TS2. After all, most people did complain that the sims in TS3 were a bit on the wooden side (at least in certain circumstances). I think they tried waaaayyy too hard and it does fall flat. Plus, the cartooniness was never what drew me to the game. I liked the quirky humor but I've never appreciated the exaggerated facial expressions. They were ok in 2, especially since that's all I knew (until 3 came along), but 4 just feels childish. I've also never gotten into playing with the creatures. Even the cowplants! But I don't like for the game to decide that my sims should die, and I seldom kill them on my own. ;)

That's partly why TS3 is actually my fave; I missed a lot of the interactions we had in TS2 but overall I prefer the fact that it's less goofy. Or at least that the goofy can be avoided.

And I was not offended, btw, nor was my post meant as a "slam". :#

There are snippets here and there that are similar, I agree, but overall it just bothers me to think of 4 as an upgraded TS2. If it were, I think I'd be able to play it and enjoy it. It wouldn't have replaced TS3 as my favorite, but I could have at least got my money out of it. :p
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member

Impossible for TS4 to be like an updated version of TS2. Not without toddlers, it's not. Not without, well, actual life simulation. TS4 really is it's own game since it left the continuity of the series. It's just a wannabe life simulator posing as a real Sims game even knowing it's missing the core foundation of what makes The Sims, The Sims.

In general. TS3 is amazing but they slacked. TS4 they didn't even try at all. So as far as TS5 goes, I don't trust EA/Maxis/The Sims Studio to bring back Will Wright's legacy. All they see is $$$ which is silly because they would get more $$$ if they listened to fans, exhibited excellent quality control and stop forcing online this and social that on everything. The Sims is one of those games that should only be single player for the main PC series. Spin-offs, I don't care, but leave the main formula that has been working fine alone. EA has shown, time and time again they are not willing to care about what consumers want and it's really about what they want. They only get away with it because consumers allow it because if the majority just would not put up with it. EA wouldn't be destroying this one-of-a-kind and unique franchise. If that is what the consumers want then fine. But don't dare complain TS5 is not what you wanted or expected when you supported them the whole time knowing you didn't like the direction they were going. TS Franchise died when TS3 ended and TS4/Project Olympus began.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
    edited May 2016
    Triple post, button got stuck...oops.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
    edited May 2016
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I come back to Sims 4 every few months, I try to make myself interested in the game but nothing helps. Right now I'm creating the cast of Scrubs, and building the hospital. But I know when I actually get into the real game play, it's going to bore me to tears - yet again. This version of the Sims is sadly laughable. Even Sims Social that was on Facebook, was more fun and entertaining. And that's just sad.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• SunAndMoon6644SunAndMoon6644 Posts: 6 New Member
    Really annoys me that I just can't get into this game. I like a lot of things about it (it runs better, better animations, better create a sim) , but for the life of me I just can't connect to any of my sims. :(
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,167 Member
    I still play The Sims 4 sometimes but get tired of it for two reasons: either I wind it up and let it play and just watch (which to me is the worst possible way to play), or I have to play it "their way" and grind away at the objectives. I don't find either of those options immersive in any way and have yet to figure out how "You rule" applies to The Sims 4. That is kind of sad 20 months down the road . . . .