Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I am hoping for a good second act

CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
edited May 2016 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
EPs.jpg

I consider the first two of three expansion packs the first act, as the meat of the series is in the second act.
The second act is where my addiction to a sims series accelerates and I am in overdrive by the third act, and pretty much sim crazy.

I never played the original The Sims game beyond trying the base game and returning it.
I was not ready for The Sims.

The Sims 2 had the best first act for me as I am a diehard University fanatic and I loved Nightlife with its restaurant dining and dating game play. The second act began with Open For Business which was another favorite expansion for me. I didn't play as many businesses as I did set up businesses for my other sims to shop for hard to get items. Seasons was another big one. Bon Voyage was OK, but I didn't like so much stuff happening offscreen. I loved that EP mainly for owning vacation homes on the beaches of Twikkii Island.

I am still amazed at how many Expansion Packs The Sims 3 had.
There are so many that each act has more content then the other games in the series.
However, my enjoyment for TS3 didn't take off until Generations added more family play and things for younger sims to do. Pets brought horses, which I really liked. Supernatural gave us a dedicated magic pack, unlike TS2. And then we got Seasons. I was loving TS3 by the end of the second act. I was in overdrive with Act III. I do wish Island Paradise was a vacation pack. I want my sims to visit from the other towns, not live there. I do have the traveler mod, so I can get around that.

The Sims 4 is the first Sims game that has me stuck after the first act.
There is so much I really like about TS4, but it's the absence of toddlers and old looking teens that has me refusing to play families.
I really like my YA sims, but I simply refuse to let them get married because I want to save them for when the game finally does get toddlers and hopefully tweens/pre-teens.

So Generations in the second act is a must for me personally.

I don't expect it will be the third EP, probably the fourth if it happens at all.
If I buy anything before Generations, it would have to be an EP with a big Dating feature like Nightlife had. This way I could let my YAs hook up into couples, waiting for Generations. If not that, then University, so my YAs can get more rounded with some education. Or Seasons, or Apartments. Real apartments, not homes on a tall foundation.

Get To Work is alright, but the interactive careers could not hold my attention.
I did like my sim running her own clothing boutique, but I had her sell it after I became bored with the routine of running it.
I love Get Together and the world of Windenburg. Forming clubs is a great feature and will have nice synergy with future EPs. However, they are not enough to keep me playing.

I have not forgotten Spa Day and Outdoor Retreat, but they kind of muddy the comparison when talking about EPs.
I do enjoy those two, but I haven't been using them lately. I haven't playing TS4 at all and have been playing TS3 instead. I might as well milk it until TS4 has a strong second act.

It would be a very cool thing if TS4 Generations could one-up TS3 Generations.
One annoying thing about TS3 Generations was the amount of activities that were off-screen and hidden away in rabbit holes.
-Prom
-After-school activities
-Boarding School
-Field Trips

I would love to see private schools and the headmaster scenario from TS2 brought back too.
It will be very interesting to see how TS4 plays out in three acts.
The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
Post edited by CK213 on

Comments

• meuamourmeuamour Posts: 117 Member
    Wow this is very thought out I didn't even know there were "Acts" to this whole thing.
    (I mean I get what you're saying) But yeah I didn't know there was a method to this madness.
  • s07818123s07818123 Posts: 3 New Member
    I totally agree with op! I am just wondering if I'll ever dig sims 4. I like the new stuff but then it gets old. I had my periods with sims 3. I would be into it for months, and then not play for a couple of weeks. I always went back though. The sims 4 only gets my attention when something comes out. And most of the content seems lacking to me these days, so I am refusing to buy. Sims 4 has a lasting appeal issue. Its not a bad game, it just feels... empty. A generation expansion is a must!
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    The Sims 3 was in the 'third act' when it launched and by the final EP it was already in act six! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    The Sims 3 was in the 'third act' when it launched and by the final EP it was already in act six! :smiley:

Oh, for the love of all that's gold, did they at least give an intermission? No wonder everyone's antsy like the line to the restroom isn't moving! :angry:
  • meuamourmeuamour Posts: 117 Member
    edited May 2016
    icr2hk.jpg
    (from simcommunity)

I added this visualization for the more visual.
    I was looking at this and thought about this post & wanted to add it to your topic hope you don't mind.
    (not trying to take away anything adding to it)

I'm trying to think of what could possibly be next expansion-wise based on what they've already done.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    When I was well enough I attended many plays in my life. But there were times I left during intermission after the first act. Sometimes, the first act is the tone of a play and not going to get any better with the second or third.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member
    I forgot all about the headmaster! That was a great feature in TS2 ... that was definitely awesome. They need to bring stuff like that back into The Sims.

I think if EP 3 were to be a Uni pack, I would enjoy it, but I also want a Generations EP as well ... more than one-upping TS3, since TS3's pack was kind of lackluster. If EP 4 is Generations, and a really good one, I would be pretty happy. It has to be a good one though, with its focus on enhancing the lifestages.
    Origin ID: Derpiez
  • ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    I would also love the return of the dinner with the headmaster to get my sim kids into private schools. I hope they look into this idea:)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Luke wrote: »
    I forgot all about the headmaster! That was a great feature in TS2 ... that was definitely awesome. They need to bring stuff like that back into The Sims.

I think if EP 3 were to be a Uni pack, I would enjoy it, but I also want a Generations EP as well ... more than one-upping TS3, since TS3's pack was kind of lackluster. If EP 4 is Generations, and a really good one, I would be pretty happy. It has to be a good one though, with its focus on enhancing the lifestages.

But if they did I'm sure it would work like dates, or dinner parties and have those annoying check list to do. Like eat with Headmaster and not register you already have. Like at dinner parties. I'm not sure I want them bringing back those things if they are just going to make them not as fun as they were before. New way doesn't always mean better.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    CK213 wrote:
    Get To Work is alright, but the interactive careers could not hold my attention.
    I did like my sim running her own clothing boutique, but I had her sell it after I became bored with the routine of running it.
    I notice you said OFB was one of your favorite TS2 expansion packs. I'm wondering if you ever got bored with it. It was my favorite too, only made better by every other expansion pack (aside from Seasons which killed a considerable number of my Sims' outdoor businesses) and I only ever played one business I got bored with and that was a bakery. Everything else I tried (which included an internet cafe, art gallery, restaurants, junk shops, clothing store, etc.) I had a blast with for a long, long time.

I know TS4 has a lot to live up to with the past iterations of the game and it would be really nice to start seeing more people happy with it.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Maylee2Maylee2 Posts: 179 Member
    meuamour wrote: »
    icr2hk.jpg
    (from simcommunity)

I added this visualization for the more visual.
    I was looking at this and thought about this post & wanted to add it to your topic hope you don't mind.
    (not trying to take away anything adding to it)

I'm trying to think of what could possibly be next expansion-wise based on what they've already done.

Generations combined with Freetime
  • kitangel1kitangel1 Posts: 200 Member
    I'm really curious what Act 2 will bring as well. As someone else stated, I'm hoping for a uni ep- or better yet a school based ep that includes being able to go to school with the kids and teens as well. I think this would allow them to add more interactions to make teens a little different from adults or hopefully anyways.
    I was hoping it would be a more generations based ep, but at this point I don't really feel like the team is even heading in that direction. Its really hard to say.