Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Updated* a "did you know" post...including some DYK's from WA and HELS, Ambitions now included...

Comments

• Options
    DianeElizabethDianeElizabeth Posts: 2 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Hi!

Been playing for a while, and I can't figure out how to get my Sims to "play games" with each other. They get "Play/Win a game with _____" wishes, but I can't figure out how to get them to do it. I've tried having them play chess, but that's not it. Any tips?
  • Options
    LufferkinzLufferkinz Posts: 2,600 New Member
    edited October 2009
    KayEmEe07 wrote:
    lunabear wrote:
    Did you know your sims stepdaughter can marry your sims ex husband?

A little weird.

One of my sims married her cousins, Dad. I was so grossed out when I found them living together. She was also prego! :shock:

My sister's sim married her father-in-law. :-)
  • Options
    LufferkinzLufferkinz Posts: 2,600 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Didja no...
    If two sims are in love and one is in a relationship already, the other can "Ask to break up with so-and-so" I love that!

Yes but you have to KNOW that the other person is in a relationship that's why I ask if they're single before I start the mushy stuff :-)
  • Options
    Patty_BoodPatty_Bood Posts: 1,077 New Member
    edited October 2009
    MadameLee wrote:
    musicmom11 wrote:
    did you know that not only is there pear, oval, emerald, plumbbob and marquis cut there is also a crystal ball cut? will post pix later.

yes! my favorite are the opal and crystal ball cuts .... and someone said there is a HEART cut but I have not achieved it ever ...............

I just achieved it

Yeah I did too and then my power went out and when i got back to the game all my progress I made that day was lost including the heart cut, I was so mad. I still haven't gotten it back. I have to say my favorites are the plumbbob and the crystal ball. I wasn't too crazy about the ones I got in the heart cut, which is good since they're all gone! darn power company trying to save money at my Sim's expense!
  • Options
    marcusspencer13marcusspencer13 Posts: 238 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Did you know that a sim can woo-hoo with their step parent and can get pregnant/ make them pregnant while the daughter is pregnant? This makes that baby's aunt her sister. Freaky huh
  • Options
    LoverfliLoverfli Posts: 58
    edited October 2009
    musicmom11 wrote:
    swiping things has to do with time of day, I think it has to be after dark and before daybreak. Also, if there are other sims around you cant swipe. Ive only played my klepto a few times but thats what I have found out from trial and error and the forum :D

I've stolen during the day before.
    I've had issues where if I click too far away from items that can be stolen, the option comes up. Like if I'm at a house and I click to close to the sidewalk.
  • Options
    LoverfliLoverfli Posts: 58
    edited October 2009
    KayEmEe07 wrote:
    lunabear wrote:
    Did you know your sims stepdaughter can marry your sims ex husband?

A little weird.

One of my sims married her cousins, Dad. I was so grossed out when I found them living together. She was also prego! :shock:

I had cousins that were able to marry in TS2 once. I couldn't figure out why they had the same last name but still could be romantic. I was amused. One was 2nd generation and one was 3rd. I married them for the amusing family tree :)
  • Options
    lotsalaughlotsalaugh Posts: 65 Member
    edited October 2009
    Hi!

Been playing for a while, and I can't figure out how to get my Sims to "play games" with each other. They get "Play/Win a game with _____" wishes, but I can't figure out how to get them to do it. I've tried having them play chess, but that's not it. Any tips?

its using a games console with the telly and i think playing ball hope it helps!!
  • Options
    rodier1128rodier1128 Posts: 903 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Patty_Bood wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:
    musicmom11 wrote:
    did you know that not only is there pear, oval, emerald, plumbbob and marquis cut there is also a crystal ball cut? will post pix later.

yes! my favorite are the opal and crystal ball cuts .... and someone said there is a HEART cut but I have not achieved it ever ...............

I just achieved it

Yeah I did too and then my power went out and when i got back to the game all my progress I made that day was lost including the heart cut, I was so mad. I still haven't gotten it back. I have to say my favorites are the plumbbob and the crystal ball. I wasn't too crazy about the ones I got in the heart cut, which is good since they're all gone! darn power company trying to save money at my Sim's expense!

To get the Heart cut, your sim must have obtained all of the gem types. The rarest is the PINK DIAMOND. So its usually the last one you look for.
  • Options
    TazzibbeTazzibbe Posts: 68 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Did you know that your kid and teen sims can copy other peoples homework.

I only found out the other day lol
  • Options
    KayEmEe07KayEmEe07 Posts: 42
    edited October 2009
    Tazzibbe wrote:
    Did you know that your kid and teen sims can copy other peoples homework.

I only found out the other day lol

Thay can copy homework but it will be marked as copied.
    So, the school can catch it and put the sim in detention for cheating.
  • Options
    KayEmEe07KayEmEe07 Posts: 42
    edited October 2009
    Hi!

Sometimes they just have to play for a while.

Try something else to see if it something in the game.
  • Options
    musicmom11musicmom11 Posts: 1,698 New Member
    edited October 2009
    playing chess with a sim also helps solve the "play games with..." wish
  • Options
    playermarko456playermarko456 Posts: 4,972 Member
    edited October 2009
    Did you know that there is a 1% of getting a female Grim Reaper in your game...
  • Options
    DiamondkoolDiamondkool Posts: 4,481 Member
    edited October 2009
    Did you know?
    Elderly playable ghost never dies!
    7ef6931fe80152dcec309a30cbe73f13.png
    Click on my signature to access my tumblr blog!
  • Options
    Barbiedunc1Barbiedunc1 Posts: 20 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Hi!

Besides chess, which does take a little time for the game to recognize (maybe has to be a full game?), there's playing catch (you have to buy one of them a football or baseball & they have to have it in their inventory for this to show up, I think) or they can play tag.
  • Options
    playermarko456playermarko456 Posts: 4,972 Member
    edited October 2009
    Did you know that the Grim Reaper never ages?
  • Options
    kspears72kspears72 Posts: 51 New Member
    edited October 2009
    I don't know if this had been posted but

a. insane Sims will wear swimsuits to bed, swim in formals, workout in underwear, etc.

b. Male Sims can get pregnant by another male Sim, no cheat required, or least it has happened in my game.

• Options
    rachelt405rachelt405 Posts: 1,533 Member
    edited October 2009
    this thread is great thanks to everyone, ive had to write what page ive got upto and ill come back to it, im going to go on my game now and try out some of the things i didnt know :thumbup:
    its gonna take a while to read all the pages lol

sorry i couldnt put anything but the things i knew are already written down :D
    Be kind to animals please help stop all cruelty to them

• Options
    ZombieSaysMooZombieSaysMoo Posts: 107 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Did you know...

If the toddlers are full and you try to feed them in the high chair they'll push the bowl off. :roll: I thought it was cute, it might be pointed out already...but, oh well.
  • Options
    Caroline129Caroline129 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Did u know u can make messed up walls of water? make a mountain, put some pillars around it, then make a pond around the pillars and on the mountain. Parts of it will turn to water!!!!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    GothicDuckGothicDuck Posts: 406 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I got an interesting glitch once where my toddler fell asleep and fell through the potty! It was a potty with legs and I didn't use the moveobjects cheat. It was fantastic!
  • Options
    NekojayNekojay Posts: 74 Member
    edited November 2009
    I like that if a sim is in a curent career he will occasionally get asked if he would like to transfer jobs to a similar or higher level :) gives you more choices if you get sick of the same job!
  • Options
    skiptharockskiptharock Posts: 103 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Did u know u can make messed up walls of water? make a mountain, put some pillars around it, then make a pond around the pillars and on the mountain. Parts of it will turn to water!!!!!! :mrgreen:

wow! well I just have to try that one! thanks!

• Options
    musicmom11musicmom11 Posts: 1,698 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Did you know that when you tell your Sims to "get married" and there is a radio on that the music changes to wedding music? Now where is the wedding arch?