Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When You Return From 4 to 3 What Do You Find In The Game That You Miss The Most?

Here I go again! I came back to The Sims 3 because there's so little to do in The Sims 4 with limited tools for creativity that I'm literally finding myself starting to continuously rehash old storylines! Refusing to play a rehash I reverted to what I consider "The Final Passionate" Sims game in the franchise where I created a Sim named "Holiday Inn" whose looking for fame in order to fit in with masculine men in the gay community as the only way he feels he can stop being rejected is by gaining power and the best way to do that is to become a 5-star celebrity. With a new Sim in this generation comes a sudden emotion of how much I love using terrain tools. From creating ponds to hills to more options in terms of dirt/sand/etc I miss having those terrain tools in addition to the many group activities that you can do with Sims.

I miss being able to travel around without a plumbob shaking it's fanny at me and the freedom of create a style that makes my creativity limitless. I'm constantly struggling in The Sims 4 due to it's limitations but now that I'm back in Sims 3 I want to make a pimped out starter house or a retro 70's bowling alley! So my question to you Simmers that took the plunge to return to a great series what do you find that you miss when you come back?

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I don't miss anything, because if I want, I just start up my TS3 game. ;)
    I just view TS4 as a completely different game all together.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Well, I never left the Sims 3. :D But what I do miss most when I play Sims 4 is the beautiful open worlds - I hate loading screens and it has no place in a game made in 2014. I also miss the CASt, because unless I download a b.u.t.t. load of recolors - and I had to do that with Sims 2 - all my rooms are mismatched. Plus, I hate how whimsical their emotions are, and they all walk around with those goofy and unfunny grins.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    I never truly "leave" Sims games, as I really like them. But I personally miss those cool animations and neat foods to make when going to Sims 3.
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I tried it and just flat-out didn't like it. I don't honestly know it is about Sims4 that is so unappealing to me, but it just isn't as much fun as Sims3. I feel that Sims4 could've been better, but EA didn't even try to take the opportunity or chance to do it. After promising us a lion, EA delivered us a sick alley cat! :^(
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I tried it and just flat-out didn't like it. I don't honestly know it is about Sims4 that is so unappealing to me, but it just isn't as much fun as Sims3. I feel that Sims4 could've been better, but EA didn't even try to take the opportunity or chance to do it. After promising us a lion, EA delivered us a sick alley cat! :^(

That's the good thing about TS4. There are players who prefer it over TS3, for their own reasons, or players who can't play TS3, because their computers can't handle it. Those who don't like it, still have their TS3 games they can play.
  • KethKeth Posts: 165 Member
    There are things about TS4 that I like but there isn't enough content. World Adventures added more to TS3 than Get Together, Get to Work, Spa Day, and Outdoor Living have added combined to TS4.
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member

What an insult to alley cats, lol!

• JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    I have to agree with simmers here who say

a) they never left 3!
    b) it's a completely different gaming experience.

Personally OP, I actually feel the exact opposite from you. I don't really miss build mode in 3. Yes, terrain editing would be nice in 4, but ultimately building a house is so much more intuitive in 4 than in 3. And I have come to really love the gallery. Not in the mood to build? Plop down a stunning house out of nowhere and you're good to go.
    Conversely, when I load up 4 I miss a lot of the game play. I miss messy houses with laundry and unmade beds. I miss CASt. The t-word, obviously. 4 has a few miles to go when it come to live mode. But that's the thing. If that's what I want to play, then I turn to 3. If I want to build stellar houses and community lots, I go to 4.
    That's why I see them as two completely different games.
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    Whenever I play the Sims 4, I miss the open world.
    Whenever I play the Sims 3, I miss the in-game Gallery.
    :P
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    For about 10 months after TS4 came out, I tried off and on, over and over, to find a way to play it that I found fun and engaging. Finally last June, almost a year ago now, I went back to TS3 and I was emotional about it. It's really rather difficult to describe, but I wanted to hug it tightly to me. It was sort of bittersweet. I appreciated everything about it.

I've tried to dabble with playing TS4 again, the last time right after GT came out, and now I just feel angry and betrayed over that whole mess of a game. :'(
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • TuiamaiTuiamai Posts: 49 Member
    I think I don’t have the right word for it, but I miss the smoothnes or softness of the animations. I mean in TS3 sims are a bit robotic. And the sims are prettier in TS4 (without cc). And placing windows! I want to decide myself, if I put the windows upper or lower in the wall.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2016
    It's a bit vague for me to point out what I missed and what made me decide to return to Sims 3 all together again. But at the end of the day - though I did miss assignable features like CASt and open world obviously - I think it simply was the gameplay. The constant interaction between me and the game. Playing Sims 4 felt like flogging a dead horse. Like everything had to come from me, I didn't get any interesting input from the game. Playing Sims 4 is like flogging a dead horse, playing Sims 3 is flying off and forgetting time. That's about it for me.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Lucky25Lucky25 Posts: 544 Member
    The only thing I liked about TS4 is the graphics. I think everything looks beautiful and if I could have those graphics in my TS3 game, it would be incredible! When I played 4 though, I missed everything about 3. But the main aspects were open world, and just the amount of stuff you can do in TS3. I mean, you can do anything and go anywhere!
    ace46abf-17de-4ccb-b09d-2f869a1566dc_zpswzf3im24.jpg
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    well i left sims3 and sims2 much rather be in the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • boguczed1boguczed1 Posts: 170 Member
    The main things I miss are the open world, focus on family play, not partying, I also miss the focus on quirkiness instead of cartooniness.
  • boguczed1boguczed1 Posts: 170 Member
    I also miss being exited for new EPs, the only EP and GP I loved in The Sims 4 so far are Get to Work and Outdoor Retreat. Those had the most to do. I loved the design of the "world" in Get Together, but the gameplay felt a bit shallow, as it was all about partying and ignoring family play.

I liked a few features of Spa Day, but not enough. The stuff packs for me were a mixed bag. I was not a fan of Luxury Party, or Perfect Patio. I was on the fence about Movie Hangout and Spooky Stuff. I did like Cool Kitchen though.

I also do not appreciate the focus on Stuff Packs, I would take quality Gamepacks and Expansion Packs on a more frequent release schedule than releasing one GP, maybe an EP, and multiple stuff packs, too many if you ask me. I find it somewhat disturbing that The Sims 4 was released in 2013 or 2014 and we only have 2 EPs and 2 GPs. Where's the real content? I think it was 2013 or 14, but was it 2012?
  • AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    edited May 2016
    When TS4 came out,naturally I moved on from TS3, but now I'm back.
    CAS is well done in TS4, you can play there for hours with sim's facial features and body, and create truly unique sims. But even there, they left out a lot. I was disappointed when I saw that sims can only have 3 traits+ the one you get when you choose their aspiration. And they even reduced the number of traits to choose from. I lovet the faster house building, but that was it for the build mode. Buy mode in TS3 is so much superior. Also, te loading screens get so annoying after some time.

So, In my opinion, EA really spoiled us with TS3, its create a style ( the feature I missed the most), its open worlds, traits... So for many of us, myself included, there is still no point in leaving TS3, we have everything we need there.
    Post edited by AbraKadabra on
  • MagnaSonic3000MagnaSonic3000 Posts: 89 Member
    When I play The Sims 4, I simply ask: "Wow, where did the game go?"

Then I go back and play 3, because it actually has gameplay features where I'm not staring at my house for 6 hours while everyone is at work. Open worlds can do wonders to get rid of boredom, even if you just use it to spy on people.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited May 2016
    When I play 4, I miss the freedom, open-ended gameplay, and the freedom to build my own worlds and place my own lots. I miss my creative tools.

When I play the other games, I miss the room tool and the ability to add a foundation to an existing building without having to tear it down, but I don't miss having that foundation affect every building on the lot.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    From Sims 4 I miss the multitasking (even though sometimes that would get on my nerves, too) and I miss CAS and the gallery, especially the ability to look - while in game - for a house I like, and just plop it down on my land and happily go about living in it.

I love challenges, I usually am playing a challenge. But with Sims 3, I use challenges as an "added" bit of game play. My sims still have lives, still have fun, still do things. In Sims 4, it was all about the challenge because that was the only way I could play it. Without challenges... there was nothing. Nothing to do. Nowhere to go (oh, yeah, you can chose between a bar, lounge, or nightclub... which, all 3 are pretty much the same plum thing).

I bought Get Together and I really loved that EP. For a period of time, I was having a lot of fun with it. I'd make clubs for my kids to study together and skill up together. I had clubs for everything from woohoo clubs, cleaning/repairing clubs, to skilling clubs. I even made a club where I had 4 people that would come to my sims house and all paint, and make my sim a ton of cash.

But, again, it got boring.

I am super freaking happy that I reinstalled Sims 3 on my hard drive (if wouldn't have been off, except I got a new drive). I've been back to playing Sims 3 for 2 months now since reinstall and I haven't touched Sims 4 since. And I don't miss it. I missed Sims 3 when I wasn't playing it.

I've thought lately, "I should find a challenge and go play Sims 4, just to give it a chance"... then I quickly decide to just start my Sims 3 game, where I know I'll have fun.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    I don't really like the limited gameplay and decoration limitations in TS4, so I returned to TS3, which has a open world, seemingly endless decoration possibilities and many more things that I can't recall.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I found being totally absorbed again, not wanting to stop playing. The reason is several things I guess. Gameplay, open world, the sims, the many many things to do, things like that.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    I missed the freedom. The ability to create as I want to and do what I want. I remember a while ago Todd Howard from Bethesda said in an interview that they want to say "yes" to the player as much as possible. As in the player interacts with the game and wonders "can I go there? Can I do that?" And the answer is "yes." In The Sims 4 I feel like I'm constantly being told "no." "Can I go there?" "No." "Can I build here?" "No." "Can I play this way if I want?" "Nope." I felt like the game was constantly grabbing me by the hand and trying to make sure that I colored in the lines instead of just letting me take the lead.

Then I got back to the Sims 3 and it was like a breath of fresh air. Everything was open to me, and I could let my imagination go crazy again.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I don't miss anything, because if I want, I just start up my TS3 game. ;)
    I just view TS4 as a completely different game all together.

Yup. This is me, too, in a nutshell. I'm currently going back and forth between TS3 and TS4, so there's nothing to miss.

EiFlric.png
  • dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    The best thing about TS4 is that it makes many players appreciate TS 3 more which is the most awesome iteration of the game imho.
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.