Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unable to Install Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

2...Next

Comments

• IzanaminokamiIzanaminokami Posts: 14 New Member
    > @JULES1111 said:
    > Izanaminokami wrote: »
    >
    > > @JULES1111 said:
    > > @Izanaminokami Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall Origin? See if the launcher will work again?
    >
    > I've done that 4 times and unfortunately and it hasn't helped.It either stalls,says that it cannot connect to server or I can't even sign in.I even got the app thing yesterday and none of the codes work.I have so much going against me and it's made me feel terrible,I mean I can't even get a stupid game launcher to work.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Is it the game launcher or the origin program? I might have miss understood you. Are you trying to install disks of Sims 2?

The origin launcher.Apparently a lot of people have been having the same problem as I have,the can't sign into the origin launcher let alone download their game.One guy was downloading his game,it got to 95% before cutting out,I would of been furious if that happened to me.I was apparently given my game ( aka the download) last saturday but obviously can't download it due to the origin launcher not working at all.

I have many sims 2 games in disk form,I highly doubt that they will work on windows 8.1 though.
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @Meela_Pasht
    I can't get the Quote system to work either since April as I use Windows Internet Explorer 11. I believe if you change to Chrome or Firefox browsers, it will work.

What is your Sims2 Deluxe made up of?
    There are several editions.
    They*
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited May 2016
    > @JULES1111 said:
    > Izanaminokami wrote: »
    >
    > > @JULES1111 said:
    > > @Izanaminokami Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall Origin? See if the launcher will work again?
    >
    > I've done that 4 times and unfortunately and it hasn't helped.It either stalls,says that it cannot connect to server or I can't even sign in.I even got the app thing yesterday and none of the codes work.I have so much going against me and it's made me feel terrible,I mean I can't even get a stupid game launcher to work.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Is it the game launcher or the origin program? I might have miss understood you. Are you trying to install disks of Sims 2?

The origin launcher.Apparently a lot of people have been having the same problem as I have,the can't sign into the origin launcher let alone download their game.One guy was downloading his game,it got to 95% before cutting out,I would of been furious if that happened to me.I was apparently given my game ( aka the download) last saturday but obviously can't download it due to the origin launcher not working at all.

I have many sims 2 games in disk form,I highly doubt that they will work on windows 8.1 though.

Oh sorry, I have really no experience with Origin. Once I found out I didn't need it for Sims 2 and 3, I uninstalled it. I didn't get much use out of it before that either :neutral: Wish I could help.

EDIT: You can try the steps in this video and see if it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ewtCMhRGwk
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Type in the sims 2 no-cd into Google and use the first link. I think I grabbed the one that was on the bottom of the first group. I scanned it with my security software and it was clean.
    I've now tried to install the disks but now I'm met with "TS2UPD.exe has stopped working" and it un installs the previous disk I've tried to install.I've given up on the download but now I have this problem and I cannot afford a new computer.I know that I'm being a real pain and I apologise.I just want to make one thing work in my life,is that too much to ask ? I don't mean to take it out on any of you,I'm just so completely frustrated by this.