Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 and EP3 will NOT be present in the EA Play event

celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
If you think things can not get worse, believe, will worsen. That's because, even after two and a half months with absolutely no official announcement, and the gamepack about restaurants that basically NEVER is revealed with official trailer or release date, we still have to deal with the fact that The Sims 4 will not be present, I repeat, will not be present in the EA Play event that will happen in 12 to 14 June.

The SimsVIP contacted Maxis, who promptly responded by saying:
The Sims will not be participating at EA Play this year, although we encourage you to stay up-to-date with all of the exciting news coming out of the show by tuning in to the EA press conference on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - http://simsvip.com/2016/05/11/the-sims-4-will-not-be-present-at-the-ea-play-event/

It will be the first time in franchise history that we'll not have a new expansion being released later in the first half of the year, it seems. This dramatically reduces the chances of having two expansions this year, which can be seen as a big nightmare for many players, especially those who are quite skeptical and dissatisfied with the fourth generation of our favorite life simulator.

If a large number of people are feeling increasingly demotivated in communities around the world, the trend is only worsen if things continue as they are.

Sims-4-EA-Play-E3-2016-1.png
tenor.gif
Post edited by SimGuruDrake on

Comments

• Options
    siennaSTARsiennaSTAR Posts: 739 Member
    :tired_face: Noooo. I just hope they make up for this with other variety of packs...
  • Options
    luiz_thunderluiz_thunder Posts: 7 New Member
    I hope then announce something, EA is sinning a lot from your simmers, many say that more and more the generation is poor content, but after the stuff pack, had only updates, one on fruit plant event and the tragic clown and only, there are a small video of 15 seconds and do not give more news, a shame for a large company, could then dismiss the marketing team.
  • Options
    I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    hmmmm
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    While it kind of sucks, it may just mean we may get one this year, one early next year, and then back to normal (2).
    Or we may even get one EP, but 3 Game Packs.

They just had a major reshuffle (the biggest since the beginning of The Sims 2), just moved office floors, and just hired a bunch of new staff.

2011 was similar for The Sims 3, we got a Game Pack sized EP (Generations) after a 9 month wait, and then one more EP.
    Basically, even if we get one Game Pack and one EP this year, that's still on par with 2011.

I have a hunch that we will get a second Game Pack before the end of the year, which would mean even more content than 2011.

---

The Sims 3 Store doesn't count as it was handled outside the the actual development team.

TL;DR - This isn't the first time The Sims has had a drought.
  • Options
    @rudy8292 wrote: »
    Their marketing is absolutely the best.. not.

I don't have a clue what they are doing with their ''very big team'', but it seems they are spending more time playing around and making fun of their playerbase by posting stupid pictures on Twitter ''This is not a hint'' etc.

Well, in 2011 content for The Sims 3 stopped being regular, as they assigned people to different packs, which then meant EP's every 3 months.
    Who's to say they aren't doing the exact same thing, and assigning people to different packs, and they are all in the early stages. Which may mean a drought now, but more content in the future.

It's literally history repeating itself, The Sims 3 went through a sudden drought and bounced back with more than ever.
  • Options
    MaddisMaddis Posts: 137 Member
    As I am from Germany i would say you have to wait until August 17th :D
    As then starts the Gamescom it seems more realistic for mo to announce their 3rd EP there! They did it with Get Together last year ;)
    But the Thing is...that would be ONE YEAR since the last EP announcement :o
  • Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member

I'm concerned, only in regards to what this could mean to the franchise overall if its not meeting expectations. It seems rather odd, though its to be seen if its a simple delay or something more serious.
    luiz_thunderluiz_thunder Posts: 7 New Member
    Let's gonna hold the marimba. If to tip over, tumbled
  • Options
    I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    I wonder if The Sims Freeplay will be there.
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited May 2016
    Eh. I was kind of expecting that they wouldn't be there. Not sure what's going on right now, but I don't think the lull that fans have been feeling lately is just a figment of the imagination. Things are just... different. I don't know if it's due to restructuring, budget, or what. I even told my husband and some friends a few days ago that I had a feeling we wouldn't see a Sims presence at EA Play.

Hopefully they'll take the time to work on something really good for the fans. We could use a really great "knock their socks off" type of expansion. Not lots of little things like popcorn makers and clothes. I mean a real, content-rich expansion. If it's time they need, I hope they get it.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    If you think things can not get worse, believe, will worsen. That's because, even after two and a half months with absolutely no official announcement, and the gamepack about restaurants that basically NEVER is revealed with official trailer or release date, we still have to deal with the fact that The Sims 4 will not be present, I repeat, will not be present in the EA Play event that will happen in 12 to 14 June.

The SimsVIP contacted Maxis, who promptly responded by saying:
    The Sims will not be participating at EA Play this year, although we encourage you to stay up-to-date with all of the exciting news coming out of the show by tuning in to the EA press conference on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - http://simsvip.com/2016/05/11/the-sims-4-will-not-be-present-at-the-ea-play-event/

It will be the first time in franchise history that we'll not have a new expansion being released later in the first half of the year, it seems. This dramatically reduces the chances of having two expansions this year, which can be seen as a big nightmare for many players, especially those who are quite skeptical and dissatisfied with the fourth generation of our favorite life simulator.

If a large number of people are feeling increasingly demotivated in communities around the world, the trend is only worsen if things continue as they are.

Sims-4-EA-Play-E3-2016-1.png

Most likely it isn't getting announced till Gamescom in August now. That could mean a November release.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Well maybe they can announce it earlier now but i doubt it.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member

Where are these communities? I haven't seen any.
    NikNak wrote: »
    It's like EA wants this game to fail...

Maybe the 'communities' have convinced them that there is enough competition and that there is no reason to continue development? Either that or they've already begun development of the next version and they're planning to surprise everyone!
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Great, that means they don't need to wait for EA Play to announce the next EP :p
  • Options
    It is sad for me to know that there is a chance to be only an expansion this year. A lot of people are unhappy and unmotivated, and is extremely weird to see the announcement of the first expansion of the year being made at Gamescom, as usual would be the announcement of the second.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    Where are these communities? I haven't seen any

We can start here, in the feedback section, several discussions that reflect dissatisfaction. Dissatisfaction that accompanies all the controversies that are still shadow of this game and are exemplified today by the media. We also have official pages on Facebook where many people complain all the time in different languages ​​on the same reasons as always. We also have the fan communities around the world where people communicate and share their opinions, SimsVip is one of them. Utopian is to think that things are going well and that the level of happiness and satisfaction is the same as before, because it is already skepticism. :P
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    To be honest I'd be happy with 3 GP's and one EP.
    That won't happen though :(

Regardless, they will be releasing a trailer for what's coming in July - September in late June anyway.

So while it may not be ready for EA play, it could be announced late June and come out the following month like Get To Work.
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Their marketing is absolutely the best.. not.

I don't have a clue what they are doing with their ''very big team'', but it seems they are spending more time playing around and making fun of their playerbase by posting stupid pictures on Twitter ''This is not a hint'' etc.

Well, in 2011 content for The Sims 3 stopped being regular, as they assigned people to different packs, which then meant EP's every 3 months.
    Who's to say they aren't doing the exact same thing, and assigning people to different packs, and they are all in the early stages. Which may mean a drought now, but more content in the future.

It's literally history repeating itself, The Sims 3 went through a sudden drought and bounced back with more than ever.

We can hope, right?

Personally, I don't think so, but we will see.
    I'm getting very annoyed seeing Guru's posting plum cat pictures all over twitter and the fun making they are doing with the ''This is not a hint'' posts. They know how serious this community is waiting for content, and all they are doing is wasting time with posting .gifs and nonsense on twitter.

But just for the record: that's just my opinion.

The only reason I say this is because earlier this year, a lot of the Devs have said they have moved to different teams.

So I'm guessing people moving to new teams means they are all starting on new projects, hence the drought.
  • Options
    PSIPSI Posts: 55 Member
    > @jackjack_k said:
    > To be honest I'd be happy with 3 GP's and one EP.
    > That won't happen though :(
    >
    > Regardless, they will be releasing a trailer for what's coming in July - September in late June anyway.
    >
    > So while it may not be ready for EA play, it could be announced late June and come out the following month like Get To Work.

Yes, but probably not..
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top