Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What expansion do you LEAST likely want to see?

Comments

• mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    Supernatural and this kind of stuff.
  • SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    Anything Katy Perry Sweet Treats related or that brings back the scourge of the paparazzi and the fame zombie apocalypse .... I'm not opposed to celebrities as a whole - just the highly contagious pandemic level disaster that was the star fame system in TS3. Also paparazzi getting stuck in weird places on the map caused lag - I hear other people had that problem with wild horses, my horses never got stuck...just my paparazzi sims. Dumber than horses. Seriously. I loved parts of nightlife but was so dissapointed with these aspects of it that I actually waited until they patched a fix for the star issue to play it (which took forever) - so I could probably take a pass on anything like this. I loved the build and buy stuff of Into the Future - but I didn't play much with the whole time travel thing. Gimme the future objects and windows in a stuff pack and leave creepy time travel dude in Ts3.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Pets, then weather. I've always hated the strays and I can live without weather being in the game.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    okester wrote: »
    I'd be open to any and all EPs, SPs, or GPs honestly, as long as they're not hastily thrown together.

I agree with you. I like to use a bit of everything from each pack because I play multiple households. Different things going on in each one.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    I really want supernatural back but not till much later in the game.

So I wouldn't want to see super heros, into the future, super natural yet...

tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    A world adventures like pack. The sims is not an rpg.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    supernatural, celebrities, super heroes do not want any of these, I like it more real life. Celebrities was the worse, paparazzi's oh never again, Perry Kerry or what ever her name is, please never again.
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited May 2016
    100% pets.

I won't be up in arms about it if / when EA does decide to do the theme again because let's face it, a Pets expansion pack is going to be one of the more popular and requested packs but for me... ugh, the gameplay for pets has always been far too lacking for me to find enjoyable.

The pets simply don't do enough and instead of coming across like a beloved family pet they always feel kind of gimmicky. If EA expanded upon the theme of pets, introduced more things for the pets to do and tied them in more with the game itself then I'd probably see a point in them.

After that, probably Generations IF it is going to be a repeat / very similar to how TS3 handled that expansion pack. I'd love more content for all of the generations to be added in but that whole expansion was just weak IMO and it's one that really doesn't need to be repeated.

I do really like the idea of putting more supernatural elements back into the game, superheroes and anything dystopian but 1. I think that an "off" switch should be mandatory for any of this kind of content because while I like that kind of thing, plenty of people don't and 2. things like superheroes might be better suited to a themed game pack rather than a whole expansion.
  • BeaEllaBeaElla Posts: 366 Member
    Definitely Pets. While I love pets in real life, taking care of them in the game is just a drag.
    I always buy the packs, because they look so cute... and then I end up uninstalling them after a while.
    My chaotic simblr
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Pets! I do love the Create a Pet feature and it's nice having them in game, but never found it engaging and didn't really affect the Sims lives.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I'd as long as it not centered around the young adult party life I'm fine..
    giphy.gif

• ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    it would definitley be supernatural. the only supernatural thing im interested in is being able to have a baby with the grim reaper and for that baby to be able to have special powers like killing off random sims. that would be awesome.
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Any pack that is fantasy/sci-fi related really. I wouldn't be too broken up about it if celebrities never come too. In fact, I would only be interested if it's similar to Superstar. If not, I'll pass on that one as well.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited May 2016
    Generations is something I don't really need right now.

What I do need now, is Seasons, Pets, Supernatural and Adventures
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Pets, then weather. I've always hated the strays and I can live without weather being in the game.

I agree. The whole strays thing turned me off Pets in Sims2. Then they brought in the horses in Pets in Sims3. What a waste of my money. Glitchy worlds galore. Every world was afflicted with horses and unicorns spawning in places they could not move from.

No to pets, super naturals, university, anything 'futuristic', and heck no to celebrities of any kind. Unless the bring back Drew Carey to crash your parties. I loved having him stop by to hang out.

I can wait on weather for a bit. I'd like to see a few more worlds added before a weather EP is released. Especially the vacation worlds so we can build around what kind of weather we want for our Sims' vacations. It would be epic if they released each season as a game pack with it's own themed world. A snowy mountain with a world class hotel for winter. A world with trees all in orange and yellow for fall. And so on for each season. And if they have the time, the devs could throw in a few new skills like snowboarding and surfing. LOL I'm not asking for much, am I? When they do bring out a weather EP I hope they remember to allow us to decide which seasons we want in our worlds. And I am liking what another poster said about natural disasters. Earthquakes? Tornadoes? House burned to the ground after a lightening strike? I'm in. That is realism. Between Sims2 weather and the weather in Sims3, Sims3 wins hands down. Those tropical storms were great. I'd like to see a bit more variety in storm severity. You know, just to make it interesting.
  • NiniNini Posts: 309 Member
    Superheroes and supernatural
  • LadyMariketaLadyMariketa Posts: 123 Member
    My choice would be Into the Future. I wasn't a fan of the clothes, hair, or gameplay.
  • SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    I really don't want another Island Paradise EP mainly because it was very laggy for me in TS3. I also don't want another Into the Future EP.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • boguczed1boguczed1 Posts: 170 Member
    I personally could care less for a pack like showtime. If it was done like Superstar, that would be nice, but I don't think that would happen. I also am not horribly interested in another pack about partying and "hanging out" we need more whimsy and generational play.

I do not have any strong feelings about toddlers, they never were interesting to me, as they were more of a burden then fun until TS3 Generations. I would like a supernatural pack because if I wanted all realism, I wouldn't play The Sims. I also am very interested in "treading new water" for future EPs for example, superheroes, Wilderness Survival (Multiple kinds, Arctic, Desert, Island) or possibly a "Get to Space" space travel pack.
  • boguczed1boguczed1 Posts: 170 Member
    Hannie wrote: »
    Supernatural, superheroes and so on. Anything unrealistic really.

Just curious what your "ideal" Sims game would be? All real life, no whimsy, or would it be more of a mixture?

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited May 2016
    Nik24X7 wrote: »
    Pets would top my list. It's the one EP that I grow bored of very quickly. And TS3 had horses which wouldn't work well with the worlds in TS4. Next on my list would be University. TS2 and TS3 has separate worlds for universities which isn't the paradigm for TS4.

Yet.
    I don't see what that has to do with not having Uni anyway.
    Just add a college town and there you go.

As an EP I would rather not see...
    I have no answer for that since this game isn't made just for me.
    I can't say that there is an EP that I absolutely hated either. I wish we could have more. Make it an even dozen this time, EA. The most I will say is that I hope EA works to make the most common and notorious annoyances found in certain EP themes disappear.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    Not an EP as such, but SimPort .. NEVER AGAIN .. PLEASE

I agree! Simport was sooo stupid!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    boguczed1 wrote: »
    Hannie wrote: »
    Supernatural, superheroes and so on. Anything unrealistic really.

Just curious what your "ideal" Sims game would be? All real life, no whimsy, or would it be more of a mixture?
    I like mixture too. I don't need a reality show tv game mixed into my Sims games. I like the supernatural elements to mix things up and make the game interesting. Same with the grudge stuff. It bothers me how much the Sims 4 is like Pleasantville or the Truman show. I need my deviance aspects added to it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Things that try to make the game more realistic than it is now.

I've bought Pets, University and Seasons twice now and I don't know that I would buy them a third time.

No housekeeping
    No farming
    No generations
    No....really no....for celebrities or reality show

Bring on the supernaturals and the apocalypse.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright