Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why didn't the base game come with weather...among other things?

Comments

• HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Well, I'm just glad that they had an actual mixology skill added into the game rather than just adding bars with a random drink. I'm glad that there are different venues that are actually somewhat appropriate to go with a date, as there would only be two or three open venues where I can actually interact with them and it makes some sense, the museum, a park, or the beach, and then just clicking on buildings and waiting for the bar at the top of the screen to finish.
    You obviously never bought or played the Late Night EP. Or are you referring to the basegame. In that case you're right of course.

I was referring to just the base game, as they were having a discussion about how in-depth bars (either the object or the venue) were. The object bars themselves definitely got much more than they did in TS3, and that's one thing I'm glad they actually decided to work on rather than giving one generic drink.
    It's true Sims 3 basegame didn't have bars, like Sims 2 basegame didn't have cars and the sequel did (and the sequel sequel didn't but that another subject ;)). I'm not really famliar with the Sims 4 bars to be honest, maybe I haven't given them a proper chance. They were sitting there and chatting. I love the features of the Late Night bars, I also love how that world came with different kind of nichtclubs, all with their own atmosphere.

They definitely did more with the bars in TS4 base game than 3's. Honestly, I was glad we got more than one instrument in the base, and that there was a lot more to mixology in this. I remember when building houses in 3, I pretty much left bars out of my builds entirely, since they really had no purpose besides a single moodlet.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited May 2016
    It's true Sims 3 basegame didn't have bars, like Sims 2 basegame didn't have cars and the sequel did (and the sequel sequel didn't but that another subject ;)). I'm not really famliar with the Sims 4 bars to be honest, maybe I haven't given them a proper chance. They were sitting there and chatting. I love the features of the Late Night bars, I also love how that world came with different kind of nichtclubs, all with their own atmosphere.

The improvements to the bars are they can make several drinks of their choice and they can order food. Those are nice touches, but at the end of the day, it's still just a bar that really has no affect on the sim whatsoever, unless you want to take the emotional moodlets into account. Behaviour-wise, still no difference. I admit I still like the bars in Sims 1 the best. Until the bars actually affect the sim's behaviour (doubt it will ever happen again), I really don't see a use for them in general (decorating a sims home with them, for example), unless I'm trying to build the mixology skill.

As Luthien mentioned earlier, the Venue bars are nice places to meet new sims, but given sims are constantly running through the neighbourhoods, it's really not necessary to go to them for that reason. On the other hand, I really liked the bar venues in S4. Maybe it was just the ambience and the fact that I was playing in my own builds. I don't really know. Having the bar venues are also convenient when your sims are hungry. It's fast and efficient.

When the first December patch broke the bars, I was completely at a loss since they were pretty much my favourite go-to place for single sims. That patch literally destroyed my enjoyment of the game and I didn't touch it for a whole month (until it was fixed). All-in-all, they remained my favourite until I stopped playing altogether. After experiencing them, I realize just how much of an improvement they were.

Speaking of improvements, there are several in the game, tbh. The problem is that they're mostly just objects that do great things. The gameplay itself is another story.
    Post edited by kremesch73 on
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    foussi wrote: »
    Rain got culled

Good one! LOL! :smile:
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Well, I'm just glad that they had an actual mixology skill added into the game rather than just adding bars with a random drink. I'm glad that there are different venues that are actually somewhat appropriate to go with a date, as there would only be two or three open venues where I can actually interact with them and it makes some sense, the museum, a park, or the beach, and then just clicking on buildings and waiting for the bar at the top of the screen to finish.
    You obviously never bought or played the Late Night EP. Or are you referring to the basegame. In that case you're right of course.

I was referring to just the base game, as they were having a discussion about how in-depth bars (either the object or the venue) were. The object bars themselves definitely got much more than they did in TS3, and that's one thing I'm glad they actually decided to work on rather than giving one generic drink.

They definitely did more with the bars in TS4 base game than 3's. Honestly, I was glad we got more than one instrument in the base, and that there was a lot more to mixology in this. I remember when building houses in 3, I pretty much left bars out of my builds entirely, since they really had no purpose besides a single moodlet.

Some moodlet ;)
    kremesch73 wrote: »

The improvements to the bars are they can make several drinks of their choice and they can order food. Those are nice touches, but at the end of the day, it's still just a bar that really has no affect on the sim whatsoever, unless you want to take the emotional moodlets into account. Behaviour-wise, still no difference. I admit I still like the bars in Sims 1 the best. Until the bars actually affect the sim's behaviour (doubt it will ever happen again), I really don't see a use for them in general (decorating a sims home with them, for example), unless I'm trying to build the mixology skill.

As Luthien mentioned earlier, the Venue bars are nice places to meet new sims, but given sims are constantly running through the neighbourhoods, it's really not necessary to go to them for that reason. On the other hand, I really liked the bar venues in S4. Maybe it was just the ambience and the fact that I was playing in my own builds. I don't really know. Having the bar venues are also convenient when your sims are hungry. It's fast and efficient.

When the first December patch broke the bars, I was completely at a loss since they were pretty much my favourite go-to place for single sims. That patch literally destroyed my enjoyment of the game and I didn't touch it for a whole month (until it was fixed). All-in-all, they remained my favourite until I stopped playing altogether. After experiencing them, I realize just how much of an improvement they were.

Speaking of improvements, there are several in the game, tbh. The problem is that they're mostly just objects that do great things. The gameplay itself is another story.
    But they also can do that in Sims 3 (make several drinks and order food), and having drinks actually does influence them. Here's my sim temporarily going insane after having a drink too many.

Zwerver_1205_zpspc3nbzbb.png

Zwerver_1206_zpszoomvqg9.png

Zwerver_1207_zpsw9dfbyg1.png

And this is only possible after having had a drink as well.

Zwerver_1359_zpsxf9p0pys.png
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited May 2016
    @Joanne65 Nice. I had no idea about the food or that it influenced them. Is that before or after LN? I only have up to Ambitions installed at the moment and haven't really bothered with the bars since there's way more to do in that game than utilizing the bars. I just haven't bothered yet.

I feel like I've only scratched the surface so far, but I'm super happy to hear that.

That was one of my biggest peeves with S2, actually. Don't think I ever used the bars for anything after experiencing how well-done they were in S1. I've been ignoring them ever since (until S4, that is). The mixology skill was the only reason I gave them the time of day and I wound up really liking the way they were done in 4.

One of my biggest peeves with 3 (and this is probably a weird one) is there's no regular coffee! Why? Why? Why? This has been something that bugged me about that game ever since it was released. I'm hoping one of the EPs will address this when I eventually get around to them. :\ Or am I missing something?

I'm in the process of porting 3 over to my Windows partition right now. A bit boring. I thought I could be stubborn enough to tough it out on the mac side, but I just can't. I wanted to, but I can't handle the 2G limitation. Playing is fine, but CAS is not playing nice with me after installing Ambitions. *sighs* I just want the perfect game, you know? By the way, I secretly stalked that thread about skins and wound up downloading that one you recommended that you use. I love it. Very nice.

S4 really should have been an improvement on all these things, and I do agree with the OP to a certain extent. I really feel that by now, rain should be in the base game. Seasons can always be fleshed out and expanded upon with an EP, but some simple basics really wouldn't have hurt the game if they'd just taken the time to implement it all properly. I fear this is only the beginning though. The future of gaming feels a bit rocky at the moment.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member

Some moodlet ;)

But they also can do that in Sims 3 (make several drinks and order food), and having drinks actually does influence them. Here's my sim temporarily going insane after having a drink too many.

Zwerver_1205_zpspc3nbzbb.png

Zwerver_1206_zpszoomvqg9.png

Zwerver_1207_zpsw9dfbyg1.png

And this is only possible after having had a drink as well.

Zwerver_1359_zpsxf9p0pys.png

Bwahaha! Your sim's face is priceless. I think I make that face when I slam a few too many. And I remember the first time I saw a sim dance on a counter...I was like what just happened?
    Ugh. Stop now! Don't make me install LN yet! I'm still learning the ropes!
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member

Some moodlet ;)

Again, talking about the base game. :neutral: Do I have to explain myself every time I talk about it?
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    @Gruffman I very like what you said, and I think you are optimistic... but unfortunately is a fact that The sims 4 is a regression game instead of an evolution. The only things improved are the CAS and only Some aspect of the Build mode. Because there isn't still a terrain/pond tool and the new wall system doesn't seems creative-friendly. I mean if I want to build a fake garage while I have a house with the basement, well. I can't just do it right because of this restriction in the game... where all the walls need to have a basement under them. And babies carried to the cribs a la TS1...These things doesn't happen in TS2 & TS3. What amusing me is the fact that the patches seems to add things that should be in the base game since September 2, 2014. I really hope that something will change, but I highly doubt if the continue in this way. My fear is that the game engine is so restricted and limited... so this game have not all this potential that everyone says. The real problem is tied to the origins... Olympus. Back in 2013 there was Simcity's fiasco, so it was obvious for them to remove the "All time online game". But having done this they had to do things from the scratch. Only time will tell if they can save this game from all this total mess

Heh. I do tend to see the glass half full instead of half empty. It is just how I am.

I do agree with you. The Sims4 is a regression game instead of an evolutionary one. It does leave a lot to be desired. And while I do like it, it does hold my interest in ways that Sims3 never could, it has a lot that could be improved on. When I think of the Sims4, everything is an illusion. I have my house. I can see all of my neighbors house ... but it is just an illusion. I can't just go there, even though the house is there. There are cars that zip on by ... but they are an illusion. The same with the backdrops. So much of the Sims4 is just an illusion. With GT, I can make a realistic looking pond. I got the tools to make it ... but its not a pond. My sims can't fish in it ... but they can swim in it cause it is really just a pool. It fits into the whole illusion.

IF people ( just in general, not anyone is particular ... but I see it through this thread and so many others ) would just stick to the facts and leave their opinion out of it, I think it would solve a lot of problems. People can argue opinions till they are blue in the face. Your opinion will not change mine. My opinion will not change yours.

A perfect example:

Culling. The sims world is capped at 180 sims. That is a fact. It is a fatal flaw for the game that needs to be addressed and soon.

It was fine for the base game, when we had two sub-hoods to choose from. We now have 5 worlds. You got a scientist. The game will spawn your co-workers/aliens. Your sim neighbors/friends might be on the chopping block to get culled. You send your sims to the spa, you now get instructors/massage therapists spawning. With each EP and GP released your sim neighbor pool gets smaller. It is a huge design flaw. The Sims3 did not have that issue. The amount of sims in your world was based on how powerful your computer was. For some it flourished, for others it was barren but it was off the specs of your computer.

You can't argue facts. You can't argue that the Sims4 world is capped at 180. You can't argue that a capped world of 180 isn't a problem with regards to culling.

The Sims4 is only about the young adult stage and party party party. That is opinion. There is nothing that has been improved from Sims3 to Sims4 ... opinion. I do have issues with threads similar to this cause in the end, they end up arguing about opinions instead of addressing facts.

For your basement thing ... I don't fully understand that cause my basements don't match my walls. But I do wish we could have different foundations besides just one setting for the whole lot.
    edited May 2016
    Gruffman wrote: »
    @Gruffman I very like what you said, and I think you are optimistic... but unfortunately is a fact that The sims 4 is a regression game instead of an evolution. The only things improved are the CAS and only Some aspect of the Build mode. Because there isn't still a terrain/pond tool and the new wall system doesn't seems creative-friendly. I mean if I want to build a fake garage while I have a house with the basement, well. I can't just do it right because of this restriction in the game... where all the walls need to have a basement under them. And babies carried to the cribs a la TS1...These things doesn't happen in TS2 & TS3. What amusing me is the fact that the patches seems to add things that should be in the base game since September 2, 2014. I really hope that something will change, but I highly doubt if the continue in this way. My fear is that the game engine is so restricted and limited... so this game have not all this potential that everyone says. The real problem is tied to the origins... Olympus. Back in 2013 there was Simcity's fiasco, so it was obvious for them to remove the "All time online game". But having done this they had to do things from the scratch. Only time will tell if they can save this game from all this total mess

Heh. I do tend to see the glass half full instead of half empty. It is just how I am.

I do agree with you. The Sims4 is a regression game instead of an evolutionary one. It does leave a lot to be desired. And while I do like it, it does hold my interest in ways that Sims3 never could, it has a lot that could be improved on. When I think of the Sims4, everything is an illusion. I have my house. I can see all of my neighbors house ... but it is just an illusion. I can't just go there, even though the house is there. There are cars that zip on by ... but they are an illusion. The same with the backdrops. So much of the Sims4 is just an illusion. With GT, I can make a realistic looking pond. I got the tools to make it ... but its not a pond. My sims can't fish in it ... but they can swim in it cause it is really just a pool. It fits into the whole illusion.

IF people ( just in general, not anyone is particular ... but I see it through this thread and so many others ) would just stick to the facts and leave their opinion out of it, I think it would solve a lot of problems. People can argue opinions till they are blue in the face. Your opinion will not change mine. My opinion will not change yours.

A perfect example:

Culling. The sims world is capped at 180 sims. That is a fact. It is a fatal flaw for the game that needs to be addressed and soon.

It was fine for the base game, when we had two sub-hoods to choose from. We now have 5 worlds. You got a scientist. The game will spawn your co-workers/aliens. Your sim neighbors/friends might be on the chopping block to get culled. You send your sims to the spa, you now get instructors/massage therapists spawning. With each EP and GP released your sim neighbor pool gets smaller. It is a huge design flaw. The Sims3 did not have that issue. The amount of sims in your world was based on how powerful your computer was. For some it flourished, for others it was barren but it was off the specs of your computer.

You can't argue facts. You can't argue that the Sims4 world is capped at 180. You can't argue that a capped world of 180 isn't a problem with regards to culling.

The Sims4 is only about the young adult stage and party party party. That is opinion. There is nothing that has been improved from Sims3 to Sims4 ... opinion. I do have issues with threads similar to this cause in the end, they end up arguing about opinions instead of addressing facts.

For your basement thing ... I don't fully understand that cause my basements don't match my walls. But I do wish we could have different foundations besides just one setting for the whole lot.

I truly admire this post. I think it's great. I'm really glad you're enjoying the game. I envy you in many ways, as I once enjoyed it too. It's just the dang patches... I've already said what my issues are, but I really, really like where you stand. It's very admirable.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited May 2016
    @Gruffman - The cap has actually been 210 since December; they raised it in a patch when GT came out. (And just added info: You can keep a Sim in-game by marking them played (doesn't help with NIW Sims, though, unless you move them into a house and back out again, since there isn't a way to mark them played from NIW). Outside of bugs, the game doesn't cull played Sims at all.) (Also: From what was said when it was raised, it's a bit more flexible than "210" and people on lower specs who are pushing performance hard might hit it earlier.)

Personally, I have a bigger issue with the relationship culling that was introduced when that cap was raised. Really hoping that gets knocked out for played Sims too.

I'd like different foundations too. Makes sheds look funny :/
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • riccardougariccardouga Posts: 436 Member

A perfect example:

In fact I was referring about that thing about basement: We only have one setting for the whole lot. Anyway at this point we can surely say that The sims 4 is not a fully family-play oriented. And this is not an opinion, but a fact unfortunately :confused: The modders are the new developers this time around... there's already two type of mods for the culling problem: one for the 180 limit, and another one for the relationship culling introduced with the Get together patch. This game is illusionary because EA haven't finished in time, and was meant to be originally an online game. My thoughts exactly are: if The sims Olympus would be a real thing, how many people would buy it? Considering the actual lack of details, nobody I guess.
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member

It looks like fun but I'd be cautious when deciding to buy it - the bars in TS3 Late Night are nearly always dead. Community lots were often dead in TS3 though - a downside of the open world feature.
    @Gruffman - The cap has actually been 210 since December; they raised it in a patch when GT came out. (And just added info: You can keep a Sim in-game by marking them played (doesn't help with NIW Sims, though, unless you move them into a house and back out again, since there isn't a way to mark them played from NIW). Outside of bugs, the game doesn't cull played Sims at all.) (Also: From what was said when it was raised, it's a bit more flexible than "210" and people on lower specs who are pushing performance hard might hit it earlier.)

Personally, I have a bigger issue with the relationship culling that was introduced when that cap was raised. Really hoping that gets knocked out for played Sims too.

Culling for me is one of the worst things for the game. I use MC_Command center. I love how it fills in the empty houses and marries sims and starts pregnancies ... then every Sunday the culling happens and the vast majority of houses are wiped out and empty again.

I am glad the cap got raised from 180 to 210

... if The sims Olympus would be a real thing, how many people would buy it? Considering the actual lack of details, nobody I guess.

I can honestly say I wouldn't have. The last online game I played was in the '90s. That was good enough for me. I prefer to play at my own leisure; not at the fabricated demands of others.

I don't have a single messaging app on any of my systems. There are enough daily demands as it is, and I don't feel nor need my 15 minutes of fame. I have forums for that. I can come and go as I please without being interrupted when I have no desire to be interrupted.

Online games have never, and I can safely say will never appeal to me, regardless of what title they masquerade under.

Culling for me is one of the worst things for the game. I use MC_Command center. I love how it fills in the empty houses and marries sims and starts pregnancies ... then every Sunday the culling happens and the vast majority of houses are wiped out and empty again.

I am glad the cap got raised from 180 to 210

But the game doesn't cull housed Sims? Plus if you're using MCCC anyway, you can mark individual Sims no-cull or just no-cull the whole game. Anyway, yeah - it's an issue for anyone who plays lots of generations and/or full towns. @Neia says they changed some of how it handles generations in December too, for the better.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    It culls household sims in my game. I have thought about just turning it off with the mod, just not sure about doing that. I do save my favorite neighbors/sims/bbf with no culling ... but it still empties out all the other houses.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2016

A perfect example:

Sorry I wanted to let you know it is 210 now thanks to a patch. But darn, Luth beat me to it. XD But yeah it does need to be addressed especially as more and more packs are released. Same issue with the limited lots too. As more packs are released, Simmers will run out of space. I've always admired how optimistic you have always been. Different foundations would be nice especially if cars are introduced. I would like to have a foundation for a house and still be able to build a garage. I can't stand culling. It is my least favorite feature ever to hit the series.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    edited May 2016
    It culls household sims in my game. I have thought about just turning it off with the mod, just not sure about doing that. I do save my favorite neighbors/sims/bbf with no culling ... but it still empties out all the other houses.

I wonder if there's an MCCC setting that could make that happen, then. If the game does, it's a bug. The code only culls unhoused (not in world) unplayed Sims.

Anyway, that's getting pretty OT.
    aaronjc123 wrote: »

It looks like fun but I'd be cautious when deciding to buy it - the bars in TS3 Late Night are nearly always dead. Community lots were often dead in TS3 though - a downside of the open world feature.

I already own all of it. I got everything at a great discount. But the game never appealed to me until recently. I'm playing it piece by piece. I'm only installing EPs after I feel I've learned all there is to know about the one I've already installed. I don't feel I'm ready for LN yet.

So far I'm not finding the world dead. I have plenty of sims showing up. I feel the ratio is far more realistic. The small parks are less utilized, but in reality, most parks are somewhat desolate. Every other venue, however, is quite lively, along with the Central Park.

I'm not here to argue one game's merit over the other though. I'm just commenting on my experience which is still fairly new.

I went from S1 to S2 to S4. In the past, I didn't like S3. Story Progression and the world working in real time was a huge game-killer for me. But after playing S4 and losing time when travelling with a single sim In a multi-sim household, I've considered some new ideas on how to make my play style possible.

To each their own. S4 just isn't working out the way I hoped it would. I'm a colonial player. S2 was the only game that worked for me in that aspect. S4 appeared to work for me at first. But now that I'm accustomed to jumping through hoops due to lost time and botched patches, I've realized jumping through hoops is my only option. In this regard, S3 appeals to me now.

If I can't play 4 without mods due to culling and patches messing up features that make it impossible for me to enjoy my game, what's the harm in playing S3 with a new outlook?

At this point, there is no difference. Both games are brought to us by EA, and EA has proven that it's more interested in deadlines than it is in delivering a quality game.

The Sims is not their only game receiving scrutiny, and this has been going on for a while. There's a reason for it. One fail does not negate the other.

Nearly every argument I read here in S4's favour is hypocrisy. People are quick to point out one game's flaws while happily ignoring the other's because mods are fixing it?

For real?
  • rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    Maybe when they add a Late Night type expansion pack we'll see more drinks added that actually effect Sim's behavior, fingers crossed! They could go the lighthearted route they did in TS3, just call it juiced like before and add stuff like table dancing and spilling your sorrows to the bartender lol
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member

Sorry Gruffman, but this is not accurate and since I see there had been some misconception posted, I'm going to provide some info.

There's no cap on the population of your save. You can have as many Sims as you want. There is a cap on the number of NPCs (that is Sims who are unplayed and unhoused), with the game deleting NPCs if your overall population is getting too big. Like some others have already said, this cap before deleting NPCs is now 210. It will only delete sims who are both unplayed and unhoused, no matter if they are alive or dead.

The game is not supposed to delete any of your played/housed Sims, no matter if you have 10, 100 or 400 Sims in your save. If you have more than 210 Sims into your save, NPCs will just be replaced more frequently and you'll be far more likely to see your own played/housed Sims in the public spaces/venues.

What has been changed recently (in GT in fact) :
    - Limit on NPCs up from 180 to 210
    - Upon death, played Sims stay played, which preserves the played Sims in the family tree (note : this does not work for Sims who died before GT patch)
    edited May 2016
    Neia wrote: »
    Sorry Gruffman, but this is not accurate and since I see there had been some misconception posted, I'm going to provide some info.

There's no cap on the population of your save. You can have as many Sims as you want. There is a cap on the number of NPCs (that is Sims who are unplayed and unhoused), with the game deleting NPCs if your overall population is getting too big. Like some others have already said, this cap before deleting NPCs is now 210. It will only delete sims who are both unplayed and unhoused, no matter if they are alive or dead.

The game is not supposed to delete any of your played/housed Sims, no matter if you have 10, 100 or 400 Sims in your save. If you have more than 210 Sims into your save, NPCs will just be replaced more frequently and you'll be far more likely to see your own played/housed Sims in the public spaces/venues.

- Upon death, played Sims stay played, which preserves the played Sims in the family tree (note : this does not work for Sims who died before GT patch)

I really feel relieving the original cap was great, but it certainly wasn't worthy of mention given the math in relation to the original number in relation to the new number. I feel it's sad: 180 to 210 (or has that changed since I last checked)? that's a total of 30 sims. That's a low number in comparison to games as old and early to 2K. that's just me. What I don't believe was great was the introduction to relationship culling. Person-to-person (candidly): Do you really feel that move was necesary and beneficial to overall gameplay? If so, why?
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited May 2016
    Neia wrote: »

I really feel the relieving the original cap was great. What I don't believe was great was the introduction to relationship culling. Person-to-person (candidly): Do you really feel that move was necesary?

Personally, I don't care for the length of my loading screens so I don't mind the performance hit. Ideally, I would like an improved version of relationship culling that clean unplayed/unplayed or unplayed/played relationships and keep all the played/played ones, because that's what would fit my playstyle the best (I mostly play with played Sims, and I almost never play with NPCs).

When the relationship culling was introduced with GT, I liked it in fact, because it cleaned up my relationship panel which was so much crowded with dead NPCs (because of the no culling mod I used at that time). I played around one week happily with the relationship culling, then saw a lot of threads about a "bug" that deleted relationships. It wasn't very complicated to mod it out so I did it and uploaded it. And I'm now using my mod because I prefer to use the mods I've uploaded so I know if something break.

Now to the question "was it necessary", I can't really answer because I don't have the performance data on the min spec, or which loading screens duration they are aiming for, or what sort of content they are planning to add next. I'm playing on a PC which is over the recommended spec and I don't have any performance problem (more than 200+ Sims in my save, culling active, no relationship culling). But how would that run on a min spec ? I don't know. My loading screens are probably longer, but it's still a hundred time faster than at the end of TS2 so I don't mind, but is it acceptable for the majority of the playerbase ? I don't know either.

ETA : Regarding your edit, don't forget it's only the NPCs who are limited, not the played Sims ! How many NPCs did we have in TS2 or in TS3 ? And the main change is not the number in my mind, it's the played status on death which means you can keep your family trees.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2016
    Well thanks to help from egwarhammer, I was able to see that my population hasn't hit 180 Sims yet. Says 179. So cool seeing all the other stats too.
    "Total Sims: 179
    Total Female Sims: 97
    Total Male Sims: 82
    Total Grim Reapers: 0
    Total Babies - Female: 2, Male: 1
    Total Children - Female: 5, Male: 18
    Total Teens - Female: 18, Male: 9
    Total Young Adults - Female: 39, Male: 24
    Total Adults - Female: 28, Male: 20
    Total Elders - Female: 5, Male: 10
    Total Ghosts: 0
    Total Homeless Sims: 71
    Total Homed Sims: 108
    [Total Married Sims: 74
    Total Pregnant Sims: 49
    Total Sims in Hidden Households: 0
    Total Aliens: 7
    Total Households: 74
    Total Homeless Households: 40
    Total Homed Households: 34"

Anyone else check to see if their population is over the 180 and 210 caps?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller